Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Waterhaul posted:

Since it is out everywhere now my current Marvel film prediction is that Loki is going to legit die saving everybody from Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3

Leading, of course, to Kid Loki as the centerpiece of Phase Four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
I feel it important to remind people that Asgard's jet fighters are longboats. Space longboats.

And that is rad.

Sadsack fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 8, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Variety are pushing that Superman/Batman is going to be basically be a backdoor Justice League pilot and that DC are possibly looking for a Wonder Woman and that Flash or other heroes may make an appearance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Waterhaul posted:

Variety are pushing that Superman/Batman is going to be basically be a backdoor Justice League pilot and that DC are possibly looking for a Wonder Woman and that Flash or other heroes may make an appearance.
Not really surprising. There are many ways they could do that in the next movie. I hope they go the route of having Batman see Superman as a threat at the beginning.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Wonder Woman is a tough choice to slide in as a side character.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Waterhaul posted:

Since it is out everywhere now my current Marvel film prediction is that Loki is going to legit die saving everybody from Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3
So basically you're predicting that Journey into Mystery will get a film adaption? I am okay with this.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Who will still be played by Tom Hiddleston, naturally.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Wonder Woman is a tough choice to slide in as a side character.
Yeah, it's great that Marvel's making a Jessica Jones miniseries while Wonder Woman gets "cameo in a Batman/Superman flick :effort:".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Waterhaul posted:

They're going to try to do way too much with this movie and it's going to suffer for it. I realize they need to catch up, but throwing a bunch of stuff out at once is the wrong way to do it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

They're going to try to do way too much with this movie and it's going to suffer for it. I realize they need to catch up, but throwing a bunch of stuff out at once is the wrong way to do it.

This movie already feels like a bigger mess than Iron Man 2. I liked the first one, but the second movie does not need two or three characters other than the main. This seems like its going to be a huge clusterfuck of epic proportions.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, it's great that Marvel's making a Jessica Jones miniseries while Wonder Woman gets "cameo in a Batman/Superman flick :effort:".
It only really makes sense if they're going to prep her for her own movie, but we all know that's not happening.

Might as well just wait to use her in the JL movie.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just hope the Superman/Batman movie is fun. I relatively liked MoS but Jesus it was so moody and melodramatic. Let the ultimate Boy Scout crack smile every once in a while.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

bobkatt013 posted:

This movie already feels like a bigger mess than Iron Man 2. I liked the first one, but the second movie does not need two or three characters other than the main. This seems like its going to be a huge clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Yeah. You can toss Hawkeye or Black Widow into a movie and just say "Shield Agent with a Bow/Russian accent" and most people are fine with that, you build on that in any number of ways. You toss WW in and say "Warrior diplomat from mythical island", and you just raise more questions that distract from the main characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Yeah. You can toss Hawkeye or Black Widow into a movie and just say "Shield Agent with a Bow/Russian accent" and most people are fine with that, you build on that in any number of ways. You toss WW in and say "Warrior diplomat from mythical island", and you just raise more questions that distract from the main characters.

Also Black Widow and Hawkeye are really not well known. They are trying to introduce Batman and Wonder Woman into a film and not make it about them. These characters do not need to be intoduced they are BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Waterhaul posted:

It was always going to be a backdoor pilot for a Justice League film, even if no other superheroes appeared. This just makes it more obvious, and more of a likely mess.

Prerelease interviews aside, nothing in the actual film suggests that Man of Steel was conceived, written, or shot with the intent of launching a DC Cinematic Universe; there's no trace of broader world building akin to SHIELD in Iron Man 1 or the super-soldier serum in Incredible Hulk. So when DC announced that MoS2 wasn't quite Mos2, it was pretty obvious that they really, really wanted a Justice League film in theaters by 2017, 2018 at the latest.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bobkatt013 posted:

Also Black Widow and Hawkeye are really not well known. They are trying to introduce Batman and Wonder Woman into a film and not make it about them. These characters do not need to be intoduced they are BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN

If WW appears in a live action film without a proper introduction and her character is in any way different from the 1970s live TV show or the 1980s cartoon versions then the general public won't know what the gently caress is going on.
"She can fly now? Without an invisible jet??? They ruined Wonder Woman!"

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If WW appears in a live action film without a proper introduction and her character is in any way different from the 1970s live TV show or the 1980s cartoon versions then the general public won't know what the gently caress is going on.
"She can fly now? Without an invisible jet??? They ruined Wonder Woman!"

Do you really think so? I highly doubt those shows from 30-40 years ago are really going to be fresh on anyone's mind.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

It was always going to be a backdoor pilot for a Justice League film, even if no other superheroes appeared. This just makes it more obvious, and more of a likely mess.

Prerelease interviews aside, nothing in the actual film suggests that Man of Steel was conceived, written, or shot with the intent of launching a DC Cinematic Universe; there's no trace of broader world building akin to SHIELD in Iron Man 1 or the super-soldier serum in Incredible Hulk. So when DC announced that MoS2 wasn't quite Mos2, it was pretty obvious that they really, really wanted a Justice League film in theaters by 2017, 2018 at the latest.
In their "defence", MoS did zero to set up a sequel. The characters and relationships were woefully underdeveloped for a sequel.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Do you really think so? I highly doubt those shows from 30-40 years ago are really going to be fresh on anyone's mind.
Besides the Justice League cartoon, Diana really hasn't been in anything else the general public would know or care about since then.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Senor Candle posted:

If you asked random people on the street what WW's powers are I bet most of them would mention the invisible jet and the golden lasso and the arm bands and they'd hardly know anything else about her. The only recent references that the wider general public would have seen would have been jokey references on shows like Family Guy and Robot Chicken which invariably riff on the 70s/80s version of the character.

Remember that most WW merchandise still looks like this:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The JL cartoon show would be the most recent exposure to Wonder Woman and I think more people know about that than a TV show from the 70's. There were also some high-profile Wonder Woman books about 10 years ago, getting a noted novelist and JMS to write the book (for whatever that's worth).

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I saw Thor 2 last night and it's definitely my favorite comic book film of the year. It has a similar tone to the original Thor except the action scenes are freaking AMAZING this time around.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
On the topic of both Thor 2 and Wonder Woman, I came away from Thor 2 with the realization that their Sif could probably play a pretty decent Wonder Woman. And as crowded as Super-Batman sounds, it's not like whatever actress they get is going to have much more room to stand out than Sif did in Thor 2.

Also I spent the lead-up to Thor 2 catching up on the new Captain Marvel comic and goddamnit all it did was make me want a cinematic Captain Marvel more.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know, maybe it's just because they didn't give her enough to work with, but I thought Jaimie Alexander was pretty much the single worst actor in Thor 2. She's awful.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

404GoonNotFound posted:

CapnAndy posted:

So basically you're predicting that Journey into Mystery will get a film adaption? I am okay with this.

I endorse this product and/or service. A miniseries could work too.

Hopefully Kid Loki would be able to stay on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This movie truly will be Amazing.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 8, 2013

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Closes thing we will get to a hardhat Spidrman on film.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

When I saw it, I thought the mid-credits Thor 2 scene was setting up Avengers 2. I forgot it's going to be Age of Ultron. :sigh:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm so happy right now.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

It's just so very, very beautiful.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Not sure how reliable the source is, but I guess Dick Grayson/Nightwing might be in Man of Steel 2 Batman and His Superfriends, and this guy is the (apparent) frontrunner:

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

While I actually like the idea of having an already established Robin/Nightwing, I'm not entirely sure I'd like that casting choice.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

He looks like a Paul Pope character so... yay?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't be crazy in thinking that Marvel could do a Journey Into Mystery movie starring Loki and it would be pretty successful, right? Hiddleston keeps stealing movies and it would make sense to make one with him as the main star.

I mean, I'd pay to see two hours of Hiddleston Loki'ing it up.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Codependent Poster posted:

I wouldn't be crazy in thinking that Marvel could do a Journey Into Mystery movie starring Loki and it would be pretty successful, right? Hiddleston keeps stealing movies and it would make sense to make one with him as the main star.

I mean, I'd pay to see two hours of Hiddleston Loki'ing it up.

Only if we get Leah to with him.
Daimon Hellstrom's purely optional, of course

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spider-Man movie of the year, all years.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, Thor 2 was all kinds of awesome. If I had one complaint it was needed more Sif and the warriors 3 action.

Certainly one of the best final fights I've ever seen in a film in a long time. The entire designs and look of the Dark Elves was really cool as well.

The Collector looks awesome, and I am just more and more excited about GoG now too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think Marvel is going to make a Captain Marvel movie , and it be the current Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel which would be loving amazing. I'd bet that over a Journey into Mystery with Loki.

Althoug having the 3rd Thor movie be Loki centric and be called Journey into Mystery would be loving amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://vimeo.com/78958980

Captain America trailer with like 2 minutes of added scenes(from CineD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Am I the only one who wants Robert Redford to turn out to be Nick Fury?

Or, I guess, more accurately to have been Nick Fury? Pull the "it's a codename" card, or hand wave it with a cute line about how Nick's a common name, or whatever.

• Locked thread