Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I made this for my best friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Staples called me with a job offer. :woop: I love boring jobs. Gives me more time to relax.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Pick posted:

My day's not really awesome BUT I am so grateful I can just call my dad and be like, "Okay, I need to start saving for retirement soon, but I don't actually know how to go about doing that?" and have him walk me through it. I know that's a dumb-rear end question but seriously, no one has ever informed me of how this works exactly and I'm not going to be a student forever.

If you are from the US, you should stick your head into this thread.

Today rocked because I got three times as much done as I thought I would.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Today I voted for Bill de Blasio, who will lead New York City into the communist paradise we all want but are too afraid to admit it. The city council candidate I worked for won as well, and there was an open bar at the victory party.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Chocolate chip peanut butter banana cookies. These things are awesome!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Not today, but yesterday. I was super productive at work, bought a toaster, made one of my favorite simple meals(tuna and mayo on toasted bread), and had a really good workout.

Overall, solidly awesome day.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Final mortgage payment today! Freedom is ours! :iia:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
... I won a free box of tea and there was a note from the free tea fairy that was hand written. It made me smile.

I also finally got blocked in for disability and assessment. I'm glad I'll be getting help. And I like the tea.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
We had unexpectedly warm weather today (probably the last time before winter), my best friend came over and we cooked an awesome meal together, then we went for a walk in the giant park behind my house, and then she dyed my hair :3:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I've been in a relationship with an awesome girl for all of two days and last night we cuddled in my bed. :3:

Relationships can be pretty awesome.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
Boss called. Won't be losing my awesome job tomorrow, I'm employed until at least january!

Also, going on a date!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My work laptop was broken, and I took it to IT. They needed it for 5-6 hours for a whole rebuild, so I got an unplanned half day!

passwordis123
May 29, 2013
Finally got feedback on a paper I've been working on, bought two cool books at a decent price, and my brother just told me he and his girlfriend are expecting a boy.

I'm gonna be an uncle! Great day.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

On the left is day one of Couch to 5k, on the right is today, the final day of the program. Now to keep on running 30mins a day 3x a week, or more!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Made top 4 in a Magic tourney, then hung out with friends playing more Magic while drinking. Good night.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Had a nice date with a cool, cute lady tonight. Already got a second scheduled on Friday for a...tango lesson? Sure, why not! v:shobon:v

If nothing else, it provides a flimsy pretense for physical contact! :haw:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
After a nice onset of S.A.D, waning confidence, and issues with chicks these past few weeks, I did what the doctor(therapist) ordered and went to a houseparty. That night I was a total bro talking to everyone and having a blast. I even made a couple of new friends. I need to start doing this more often because now I feel on top of my social life :)

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

If nothing else, it provides a flimsy pretense for physical contact! :haw:

That's basically what dancing is. :shobon:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Hung out with my folks yesterday, they invited me over for lunch and told me they had a "surprise". I, being the goof I am, figured my stepdad's motorcycle was fixed and ready to come home, so he needed my help to go pick it up (no big deal, he was in a minor accident about a month ago and he's got a Harley trike).

Turned out they wanted to take me to get a new couch to replace my busted-rear end futon as an early Christmas present :3: picked up a nice one that's in between a love seat and full size couch, since the living room in my apartment isn't very big. It gets delivered Friday afternoon, I'll have a nice, new, comfy couch right before the weekend :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been a little anxious at work lately because myself and thee other temps have been interviewing for two full-time positions over the last couple weeks. Today after one of us interviewed she told me that we're all being kept on for the foreseeable future, it's just that the company wants to make two people permanent for whatever reason. I'm a strong enough candidate to get a full-time spot but hey job security either way :buddy:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Avocados posted:

After a nice onset of S.A.D, waning confidence, and issues with chicks these past few weeks, I did what the doctor(therapist) ordered and went to a houseparty. That night I was a total bro talking to everyone and having a blast. I even made a couple of new friends. I need to start doing this more often because now I feel on top of my social life :)

Similar to this, I made small talk with the right person and got invited to a fancy cocktail party I probably have no business attending! And I'm probably gonna go, maybe!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

Similar to this, I made small talk with the right person and got invited to a fancy cocktail party I probably have no business attending! And I'm probably gonna go, maybe!

No, you will go.

You will go.

E: and it will be fun.

Crowley has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Nov 12, 2013

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Finally one step closer to getting this IRS stuff ironed out and taken care of - long story short, back in 2009 I offered to help my brother in NC with his business due to some financial difficulties he was having. I ended up putting his 3 auto shops in my name so that he wouldn't lose them and all his business/personal property, at the time he couldn't file bankruptcy protection because he'd done so about 4 years before that due to another situation with his now ex-wife's side of the family. Anyhow, I found out this past year that he'd had a TON of IRS back taxes that hadn't been paid to the tune of almost $100,000 total, he told me he was going to take care of it, and that didn't happen...resulting in the IRS coming after me personally for just over 50% of the balance (just over $53,000) and levying my bank accounts and threatening to go after my personal property and other assets as well.

I ended up talking with them about the levy and taxes after it all happened, got my bank funds returned, and initially set up a payment plan based on my own personal finances and bills/debts that I owed. They came up with a plan that was $350/month, I notified my brother about all of it, and he told me again he'd help take care of it. Cue a month ago when I got another letter stating the IRS was rejecting my payment plan due to non-payment, I went off on my brother who made more excuses about not having the money or supposedly setting up automatic payments that should've went out (he never set up the payments at all, from what I learned later), and told him it's poo poo or get off the pot time. He's basically been dodging me and making excuses ever since, so I said gently caress it and decided to take the route of filing an appeal with the IRS requesting a collection due process hearing to get everything hammered out. I sent the forms in, along with a detailed letter indicating all that happened over the last 3 years, including work/residence history and everything else pertinent to the old business (which my name is no longer associated with and has since been transferred to someone else's name).

Just got the call today that they're forwarding the paperwork to appeals, someone should contact me within 90 days and they can set up a phone or in-person hearing. Hopefully all goes well and I can either negotiate something, or prove that what's happened was not my fault and get things cleared up for good. After dealing with a brother I can't trust because of lies, lack of communication, and poor/zero financial responsibility and planning, this is honestly a breath of fresh air. Still a little stressed but not nearly as bad as I used to be, and thankfully the IRS can't levy my accounts or come after me while the appeal process and hearing are being hammered out.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
I picked a major today and have a semi-clear picture of what my future holds now. :ohdear:

I won't be done school till I am into my thirties, but I'm excited as all heck.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Crowley posted:

No, you will go.

You will go.

E: and it will be fun.

Yeah we're expecting you to report back Coffee and Pie. As long as you're bringing something positive to the party, you have "business attending".

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

My fiancee and I helped our favorite business move and got paid in magic cards and furniture.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Found an almost pristine copy of Riverside Shakespeare for $12 at a used bookstore.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The last two days have been obscenely wonderful.

Went to a job interview. Or I thought it was a job interview. Instead it was a quick, informal meeting with the managerial staff in which they gushed at how impressed with me they were on paper. Their plan had been to sit with me for twenty minutes and 'make sure i wasn't a psychopath or making up bullshit' on my CV before they basically just gave me the job. After ten minutes they implied this.

I left two and a half hours later - two and a half hours! We talked about our worst interviews and the field and the history of the building and how much we hate the politics surrounding the field and all kinds of poo poo. They also gave me a raise in the interview, like, literally said 'here is what we would be paying you...but you seem to know more about this than we presumed so we can negotiate that anywhere up to X'. I was a bit worried though because at the end of the day they didn't actually offer me the job explicitly, despite implying it lots and lots of times.

Today, partially concerned it was all some terrible prank, I went back to see the place in action and it's perfect for me. It's so relaxed, so informal, everyone pools resources and things. I was meant to be there an hour, I left after three at the end of which one of the managers slapped his forehead and was like "oh poo poo, we haven't even officially offered you the job yet!" then explained how they are going to pay me to do all the preliminary admin at the office because they like having me around so much.

shoelace
Jul 25, 2013
I made a delicious homemade soup/stew/slop today and found out that somebody on the confession facebook page for my college thinks i'm cute, which is not a thing I thought anybody would think about me.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

So far PT Has been going well. Looking forward to a somewhat fast recovery. Got to love ACL surgery.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I turned 28, worked a day job and am getting ready to work a night job, but I got to spend the in-between time with the most amazing person I've ever met and we kissed for the first time tonight. She terrifies me in the best way. I also had my first day back on Wellbutrin after self-medicating with alcohol for about two years because of a lapse in insurance so that's neat.

Coffee And Pie posted:

loving go. One thing I've realized in the last couple of weeks is that you should always go for opportunities you feel unprepared for unless the consequences of messing up involve you or someone else dying.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I visited my cockroach-filled back shed with my 8-year-old nephew and his dog, for a few tools. Dog started chewing on something and lil' neph's like eww she's eating a roach! I told him I was glad since I was tired of stepping on a hundred of them every time I open the door. He got this weird smile on his face and I asked him Well What and he said, "you got 99 problems cause the bitch ate one." I just stared at him for a second then told him to get the gently caress outta here and he ran off laughing. Little poo poo. That was great.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pew! Pew! posted:

My fiancee and I helped our favorite business move and got paid in magic cards and furniture.

And now I'm working for them for actual money! :monocle:

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Apr 2, 2014

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Found my house key, no more relying on other people to be in/awake for me!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I got my new phone in the mail. I need to go to the store to get it activated due to a sim card issue, but at least I'll have a phone that works properly again.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I agreed to help an acquaintance with a photography event the other night on my birthday because I don't really celebrate and I believe in doing favors for people in the hopes that if I ever need help I can find willing people. He offered to compensate me and proceeded to use the fact that he was paying me to basically talk to me like a dog all night, the event ran three hours longer than he promised which led to me getting about four hours of sleep for my day job, and the night ended with him making me take "fashion" photos of his drunk rear end after I had told him repeatedly for about an hour that I was really trying to get home and get to bed.

The next day I got an email telling me my work was basically poo poo, and that he wouldn't pay me unless I came to his house and edited photos of people we did not get model releases for which I was told not to do and I explicitly told him I had not done during the event but he was either too drunk or not listening I guess.

I told him I would rather write off the experience than grovel for the meager amount I quoted him and that he could do better to treat people with respect in the future if he has any interest in keeping professional contacts.

Today he tried calling me multiple times, to apologize or scream at me I don't know, but it is extremely gratifying to tell a person who thrives off exerting control over other people that they have nothing you want or need that could make you do anything further for them and knowing that they feel as weak and helpless as they intentionally make other people feel.

Also I have a date with my favorite person in the world for the fourth night in a row. :3:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Mar 31, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:toot: :20bux: I got paid! :20bux: :toot: Not as much as I'd like, but most of it was training pay. Next time will be more substantial!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got some free pizza and played some PS4, not a bad day overall.