Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rarity posted:

Isobel Ruchev is a separate DC character, so it's unlikely but still possible I guess.

They've already shown they're willing to play fast and loose with established character backstories. That's one of the things I love about this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Phylodox posted:

They've already shown they're willing to play fast and loose with established character backstories. That's one of the things I love about this show.

It would be a bit too close to the terrible version of Talia from Dark Knight Rises. Besides, Isobel is interesting enough anyway without having to make her Ra's daughter on top of that.

Now someone like Felicity who is on the side of good would be a far more interesting twist.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lawlicaust posted:

Now someone like Felicity who is on the side of good would be a far more interesting twist.

That would make zero sense.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Child. Not daughter. Come on, please be guy from Jonah Hex episode of BTAS.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Deakul posted:

:golfclap:

We have a winner, make it a part of the smiley arsenal, gents.

Also, has anyone nabbed the season 1 soundtrack? It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINK9HneLYM

I pulled it up on Spotify. I now know what is going into my gym playlist for this year.

edit: The Count has a badass track.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caity Lotz doing Parkour, Martial Arts and Break Dancing....

:jizz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACP7Gl8WkPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IPPnPVRIU

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 8, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

http://vimeo.com/42151906 This is her Parkour-only reel.

I know we're all but holding the wake for Sarah Lance, but I hope that the producers realize just what an asset Caity Lotz is as an actress and how her character is an instant fan favorite and expand her role and promote her to regular next season. Seriously the internet is bonkers in love with her.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Episode was loving fantastic. I love Sarah as the Canary, I loved the fights (ripping off the doorjam or whatever), the lines were great, especially the thread title.

I agree with everyone else; I think Paul Blackthorne and Caity Lotz dominated the episode.

I really hope Caity Lotz comes back. I'm not sure how Katie Cassidy is supposed to fill those boots. I'd much prefer for Caity Lotz to be the fulltime Canary and join the Arrow team.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IPPnPVRIU

Am I the only one who loves that she loving break dances?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha this assassin's accent is amazing. Sus-a eenafeesent weypon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ACanofPepsi posted:

Haha this assassin's accent is amazing. Sus-a eenafeesent weypon.

Yet apparently swords are the peak of efficiency and guns are a coward's weapon. The League of Assassins are a bunch of neckbeards it seems.

Speaking of neckbeards, I wonder if the human hand even offers enough friction to stop an arrow released from a modern compound bow, assuming you grabbed it right after the point. Those things get crazy velocity.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Am I the only one who loves that she loving break dances?

no, you're not alone. Hot chicks who break are something else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

no, you're not alone. Hot chicks who break are something else.

And she's funny too!

poo poo, I need to lose some weight.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She was awesome in Death Valley, she kinda had a LiLo vibe going on... Freaky Friday LiLo, not crack whore Lilo.

She had some great comedy scenes with the Captain.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
She has achieved complete mastery over her body.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibayasu posted:

Yet apparently swords are the peak of efficiency and guns are a coward's weapon. The League of Assassins are a bunch of neckbeards it seems.

Speaking of neckbeards, I wonder if the human hand even offers enough friction to stop an arrow released from a modern compound bow, assuming you grabbed it right after the point. Those things get crazy velocity.

Possible fo shizzle, jump in about 4 mins or so for the catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLj8eK814o0

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

But what about Bikini Skiing?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Well then, if I was Oliver I'd start coating my arrows in lubricant.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm waiting for a stun arrow. I just realized that the arrow was aimed for his head. Ollie must have either assumed he was going to catch it or was aiming to kill.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm waiting for a stun arrow. I just realized that the arrow was aimed for his head. Ollie must have either assumed he was going to catch it or was aiming to kill.

He already used a taser arrow to defeat bronze tiger

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

He had said earlier that he was going to kill him.

It's better that way, no drama from a hard rule.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Darth Brooks posted:

Ollie needs explosive arrows ala Thief or the Avengers.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Lotz is awesome, Blackthorne is awesome, show is awesome. This line?

Canary posted:

Dig, you may be a three tour Special Forces veteran, but I was trained by the people that make the Special Forces look like a kindergarten class.

Not awesome. That's straight out of a Steven Seagal movie.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Glorious.

Rarity posted:

Isobel Ruchev is a separate DC character, so it's unlikely but still possible I guess.

Mixing characters isn't unheard of. I can think of one series who recently jumped into it headfirst. Namely, Elementary.

Also, Blackthorne owns. Detective Lance vs an Assassin was great. Especially the one-liner.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

Barbed arrow coated with curare, or a capsule head that releases knockout gas.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I just want to point out that we're watching a live-action show where Green Arrow and Black Canary made badass entrances to face off against agents of Ras al Ghul and it wasn't corny or dumb at all. It was awesome.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rarity posted:

Is she? I don't know who she is then..

Okay so far bad guys so far we got
Professor Ivo
Bronze Tiger
China White
Dead Shot
Brother Blood
League of Assassins

Am I missing any right now? Cause that's a lotta people.

I've already said that the "boxing glove " arrow could just be a round arrow with a boxing glove drawn on it. Just saying.

Oh and is there a Gif yet of the Window burst into the slide? Cause that needs a gif.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Professor Ivo could just be a flashback player. Maybe he got taken out a while back?

I think this season will be focusing on Brother Blood, with the League setting up for later and China White and Bronze Tiger showing up as filler fights like they did last season.

Deadshot will likely be recurring for the whole series until Diggle manages to kill him in the last season.

One thing I thought I'd mention is that I haven't read the comics, so i don't know most of the names. However, when Ivo said his name, from the way the actor said the line and the way the music shifted, I could tell that he was a comics player.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hollismason posted:

Is she? I don't know who she is then..

Okay so far bad guys so far we got
Professor Ivo
Bronze Tiger
China White
Dead Shot
Brother Blood
League of Assassins

Am I missing any right now? Cause that's a lotta people.

I've already said that the "boxing glove " arrow could just be a round arrow with a boxing glove drawn on it. Just saying.

Dark Archer - Meryln
Wintergreen
Count Vertigo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eddie Fryers
Count Vertigo
Royal Flush Gang
Constantine Drakon

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 8, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was just listing current villians, so yeah I guess Count Vertigo as well. I'm sure he'll make a reappearance at some point.

Wait who is Wintergreen?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I was just listing current villians, so yeah I guess Count Vertigo as well. I'm sure he'll make a reappearance at some point.

Wait who is Wintergreen?

The guy in the Deathstoke mask who tortured Ollie.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Hollismason posted:

Didn't they make a point of having Ollie go see him for something related to Vertigo, just to show that he's completely zone out from overdose now? I don't think he's coming back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODE

Count is in the November 20th episode

A Fancy Gentleman
Jul 5, 2008

"I am in the prime of my senility."

jscolon2.0 posted:

Child. Not daughter. Come on, please be guy from Jonah Hex episode of BTAS.

This, this yes. That would be fantastic. Maybe even have an old west flashback or two, with Tom Jane as Jonah Hex. Dare to dream. Unless of course she jumped ship from Talia's funky girl-ninja gang and Ra's daughter wants her back in the fold, or dead. Or both. Until they confirm one way or the other Lazarus Pits may just be a thing in play.

A Fancy Gentleman fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 8, 2013

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Caity Lotz reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence, and since JLaw owns, Lotz also owns.

I think the producers are pretty good about keeping their ears to the ground with fanservice stuff. I can't imagine they'll kill her off or anything, though she may just fade off into the sunset after training Laurel or something. I mean, look at Manu Bennett who became a regular after the outpouring of love from fans.

Of course, I say this and look what happened to Tommy but, well... :(

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Deadpool posted:

As far as I'm concerned Caity Lotz can stick around on the show as long as she wants.

What I love about this .gif is how she's being all badass and it looks like Ollie is just flailing around in the background.

zoux posted:

http://vimeo.com/42151906 This is her Parkour-only reel.

Girl Crush: Activated. :allears:

I also noticed the weird thing she does with her mouth. It's like she's holding her lips really tight and forcing her words out through her teeth. She's still awesome though and has a million times more chemistry with Ollie than Laurel does.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Let me get this straight.

They found someone who's nearly as physical as Stephen Amell, a better actor than Katie Cassidy, and she outshone most of the cast combined. And she's NOT going to be the fulltime Canary?

I have to ask: what the hell guys?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Let me get this straight.

They found someone who's nearly as physical as Stephen Amell, a better actor than Katie Cassidy, and she outshone most of the cast combined. And she's NOT going to be the fulltime Canary?

I have to ask: what the hell guys?

We do not know that. Things change all the time and its possible that they will keep her. I mean Lost only hired Michael Emerson for a couple of episodes and then decided to make him a full time character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her chin isn't strong enough to wear a domino.

• Locked thread