Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (custom): 257-304 (79.32 - 93.82%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Stealth rock only does 6.25% to Aegislash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Don't forget that its other weakness is Ice, the only type in the game that is an active liability on any Pokemon no matter what.

It's not like Ice Beam and Ice Punch are rare moves on non-Ice types to exploit the fact that many of the fully evolved Dragons are 4x weak to it.

Gensuki posted:

Stealth rock only does 6.25% to Aegislash.

I forgot to change the typing to something that was resistant to Rock and weak to Dark. Yeah, that should be a 6.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What is that even supposed to do? It looks like a harness but it's not connected to anything. It's like some sorta BDSM gear. Oh god is that what my Pikachu is wearing :gonk:

edit: Is Aegislash a good 'mon? I have one I've raised from an itty bitty Honedge and I love her :3: But she sorely needs some better moves.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Pollyanna posted:

What is that even supposed to do? It looks like a harness but it's not connected to anything. It's like some sorta BDSM gear. Oh god is that what my Pikachu is wearing :gonk:

edit: Is Aegislash a good 'mon? I have one I've raised from an itty bitty Honedge and I love her :3: But she sorely needs some better moves.

In the episode, it was a piece of gear that tried to force Sandshrew into a ball form, making him constantly work out to stay standing. Pikachu finds this out the hard way.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Does anybody else thing honedge and family should be genderless? It's just weird to me that a sword could have a gender but a living pokeball and a pile of magnets and screws doesn't.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
The first mewtwo I caught has 4 perfect IVs. Do they all have like 4ivs now or something?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ethiser posted:

Does anybody else thing honedge and family should be genderless? It's just weird to me that a sword could have a gender but a living pokeball and a pile of magnets and screws doesn't.

What about a sword and a scabbard doesn't scream male and female to you? :quagmire:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ethiser posted:

I think the logic behind it is that pokemon like Phantump and Honedge are spirits possessing objects. So the objects themselves obviously can't have a gender but the spirits inside them do. Meanwhile pokemon like voltorb are completely artificial, so they wouldn't have a gender in the first place.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ethiser posted:

I think the idea is that there's some poltergeist possessing the sword that has a gender.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Pollyanna posted:

Aegislash is one of the best pokemon of this gen. Great typing, massive offense and defense and king's shield is a straight upgrade from protect. Give it King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head/Sacred Sword and Sword Dance and you're good to go.

Lizard Wizard posted:

What about a sword and a scabbard doesn't scream male and female to you? :quagmire:

Scabbard in german means "Scheide", which is the same word for vagina. :v:

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Kings shield is actually pretty bad. If you get wisp'd you're hosed. Same with a Pokemon like gyarados who will taunt and dance on tour rear end

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

horriblePencilist posted:

Aegislash is one of the best pokemon of this gen. Great typing, massive offense and defense and king's shield is a straight upgrade from protect.

No, it isn't. Protect protects against status moves, and King's Shield doesn't.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Do Qualot Berries actually hurt a Pokemon's base Defense, or does it just reduce the EVs?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do Qualot Berries actually hurt a Pokemon's base Defense, or does it just reduce the EVs?

Reduce EVs only.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Removes 10 EVs.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Inudeku posted:

Kings shield is actually pretty bad. If you get wisp'd you're hosed. Same with a Pokemon like gyarados who will taunt and dance on tour rear end

I wouldn't say bad, just more situational? If you're staring down a wisper/taunter, you really should either switch or start swinging.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
3/10 boxes of eevee hatched. White babie eevees are a myth.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Gensuki posted:

I wouldn't say bad, just more situational? If you're staring down a wisper/taunter, you really should either switch or start swinging.

If you are facing a tauntrados, you are legit hosed. It's my favorite hard counter to aegislash. If it runs shadow ball, it can take it down but if it does the standard set of KS, sd and 2 physical, you just got hard Countered and your entire team swept.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oh man that daycare swap trick is ridiculous when you have too many breeding project rejects. It's like a weird jigsaw puzzle, only you're playing poke-god. I might try to make an all 0 IV pokemon.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Reduce EVs only.

Welp, I know what I'm growing now!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Rudoku posted:

Oh man that daycare swap trick is ridiculous when you have too many breeding project rejects. It's like a weird jigsaw puzzle, only you're playing poke-god. I might try to make an all 0 IV pokemon.

I honestly can't seem to get it to work, I'm not sure if I just don't understand how it works or what but it feels like more effort than it's worth.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Breeding for Hidden Power was made a good bit easier this generation since they made it a constant power of 60. It occurred to me today that it will be still easier once Pokemon Bank launches, because you will be able to bring in N's Pokemon, which have IVs of 30 across the board.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

What kind of EV spread would you guys recommend for a Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarill?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Emong posted:

What kind of EV spread would you guys recommend for a Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarill?

Probably attack for mass destruction and HP to increase the odds of getting the Belly Drum off without dying.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
My mewtwo I caught ended up being 31/25/31/31/26/31.

That cannot be normal.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Hammerite posted:

Removes 10 EVs.

Doesn't it also cap the EVs back to 100 once they're over 100? I thought I read something like that somewhere.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inudeku posted:

That cannot be normal.

It is. Pokemon in the "No Eggs" egg group automatically have at least 3 maxed IVs.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young

Inudeku posted:

That cannot be normal.

Anything in an Egg Group that that can't breed will have 3 perfect IVs. So basically babies and legendaries.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Repelex posted:

Anything in an Egg Group that that can't breed will have 3 perfect IVs. So basically babies and legendaries.

Wait, does this apply to bred Pokemon or just wild ones?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Doesn't it also cap the EVs back to 100 once they're over 100? I thought I read something like that somewhere.

Not since gen 5.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Ahh, okay. I knew they had a set amount but it thought it was 2 perfect like a majority of safari mon

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

LAY-ZX posted:

Probably attack for mass destruction and HP to increase the odds of getting the Belly Drum off without dying.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I was split between HP and Speed for the second stat.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Emong posted:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I was split between HP and Speed for the second stat.

I'd argue you wanna go with as low of as a speed stat as possible. In fact, get a brave Azumarril. Aqua Jet has priority, and going second will ensure survival after the belly drum.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just wild ones, unfortunately.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just wild.

I have a Zigzagoon named ハヒナ which Google doesn't translate. It survived Linoone-evolution so it's a nickname. Anyone know what sort of slur I've gained as a Pickup mule?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
How is size determined when you breed two Pumpkaboos that have different sizes?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

I'd argue you wanna go with as low of as a speed stat as possible. In fact, get a brave Azumarril. Aqua Jet has priority, and going second will ensure survival after the belly drum.

I thought Belly drum took out 50% of your HP?

like Sub?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Belly drum halves maximum HP, not current HP, so if the attack does over 50% damage it doesn't matter when it hits.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bruceski posted:

Just wild.

I have a Zigzagoon named ハヒナ which Google doesn't translate. It survived Linoone-evolution so it's a nickname. Anyone know what sort of slur I've gained as a Pickup mule?

It's "hahina" which as far as I can tell is nonsense or maybe an anime character's name or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010

Emong posted:

I did max HP and Attack on mine, for the reasons others have mentioned, and it has been pretty successful so far. You shouldn't worry about trying to out-speed things because Azumarill is a bulky little guy. In addition to being a really great attacker, I often switch him in to take hits.

Azumarill is easily one of my favourite Pokemon I've raised so far because he's so versatile and fun.

• Locked thread