Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Charlotte Hornets posted:

You don't judge a winner

You don't need talent to be a winner but he is a winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
jozy was an integral part of the Sunderland football machine that beat Manchester city.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Charlotte Hornets posted:

You don't judge a winner

He's a loser in life but.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Did Jozy score a goal? I watched the match but I am at loss without the official TBP Entertainment Chart

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Yeah tbp we are gonna need the chart updated to let us know

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Its kind of like schrodinger's goal except its philosophically impossible for Jozy to have scored

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I did a lol when the commentators said jozy's job today wouldn't be to score

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I heard a rumour that jozy scored today is that true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Carrier posted:

I heard a rumour that jozy scored today is that true

I think that it is not true Carrier, but I will have to wait for the Official Chart to be sure.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
He played like 15 minutes or something

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

80085 posted:

He played like 15 minutes or something

Same amount of time it takes him to eat 52 cans of Beef-a-rino.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Same amount of time it takes him to eat 52 cans of Beef-a-rino.

It feels like that is some kind of record very impressive tbqh

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Now that Sunderland have finally figured out how to play football, surely the next step is figuring out how to supply Jozy with Goals Goals Goals?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You've got that backwards. Jozy is supposed to supply the goals for Sunderland.

Americans seem to have a problem with this concept.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm starting to feel like my prediction of 2 goals might have been a bit optimistic

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not thinking from the same point of view as they are though, Pissflaps. I don't care how well Jozy does as long as he somehow finds a way to score NINE Barclays goals between now and May.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Blue Screen Error posted:

I'm starting to feel like my prediction of 2 goals might have been a bit optimistic

Same but 4 goals. 4 miserly goals...

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

sircozzie posted:

Now that Sunderland have finally figured out how to play football, surely the next step is figuring out how to supply Jozy with Goals Goals Goals?

It looks like Sunderland have figured out that to score goals they are better off with Jozy off the pitch.

And I guessed 7, wtf is wrong with me

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Pissflaps posted:

You've got that backwards. Jozy is supposed to supply the goals for Sunderland.

I think the only problem that Americans have with this concept is 99.9% of Americans don't actually know who Jozy Altidore is.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If only it were 100%.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
DID HE SCORE OR NOT WHERE IS THE CHART

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Screen Error posted:

I was hoping my prediction of 1 (one) Jozygoal would happen yesterday. I'm getting the feeling that we only have until January.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

I was hoping my prediction of 1 (one) Jozygoal would happen yesterday. I'm getting the feeling that we only have until January.

Till he gets snapped up by Barca or Madrid? Hopefully one of the big English teams takes a punt. Rooney wants out at United, maybe we could negotiate some kind of part exchange, hopefully we still have the Ronaldo money to offer alongside Rooney.

I just hope Chelsea dont buy him, sends shivers down my spine imagining Jozy at the front of their attacking midfielders.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Taff posted:

Till he gets snapped up by Barca or Madrid? Hopefully one of the big English teams takes a punt. Rooney wants out at United, maybe we could negotiate some kind of part exchange, hopefully we still have the Ronaldo money to offer alongside Rooney.

I just hope Chelsea dont buy him, sends shivers down my spine imagining Jozy at the front of their attacking midfielders.

Jozy shows an incredible ability to fall down so I could only imagine the kind of bids being prepared in spain right now.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Adulterous Hitler posted:

DID HE SCORE OR NOT WHERE IS THE CHART

??????

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
What a win for Sunderland! Not much of an appearance from Jozy, but I'm sure the gaffer was happy with the whole team and Jozy was fundamental in holding the result by stifling Man City's play from the back. It's just getting better and better for The Black Cats, and I for one can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Gus Poyet is going to turn Jozy into a proper striker.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

jooky posted:

Gus Poyet is going to turn Jozy into a proper striker.

if you were to say do the mental gymnastics required to consider Torres a proper striker then yes he will

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Some actual gymnastics would serve Jozy well.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Can not wait for the chart to get to the second row.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Has Phil stamp scored more pl goals than Jose?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
loving finally.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Now that I've seen the official chart I can confirm that the rumour posted above that Jozy scored was NOT TRUE. I hope no one was taken in by this rumour.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Is there some sort of alarm I can install in my home that will trigger when Jozy Altidore scores a Premier League goal?

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Bea Nanner posted:

Is there some sort of alarm I can install in my home that will trigger when Jozy Altidore scores a Premier League goal?

1) Take any normal alarm
2) Remove batteries

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

lol he has played in nearly every game as well, most he has started.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
I was feeling pretty confident in my prediction of three goals but now it seems Begovic will end up with more goals than Jozy.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I am still bang on with my prediction of no goals for Josmer but if the end result actually is zero goals that guy who wrote the effort post looking at other strikers should get the prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

But in a way, wouldn't we all be winners?

• Locked thread