Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
My friends and I are doing a 1/Generation tournament and I'm using Trevenant as my Gen VI Pokemon. What's a good IV/Nature/Moveset for him? For reference the rest of the team is:

Dragonite
Espeon
Aggron
Glaceon
Galvantula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

My friends and I are doing a 1/Generation tournament and I'm using Trevenant as my Gen VI Pokemon. What's a good IV/Nature/Moveset for him? For reference the rest of the team is:

Dragonite
Espeon
Aggron
Glaceon
Galvantula

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Earthquake

This set basically owns. Get the SubSeed going and let the Sitrus Berry and Harvest make him unkillable. Earthquake is the main source of damage, Phantom Force buys you a turn of free Leech Seed damage/potential Harvest proc.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

There was a dude in here earlier offering up 4-5IV Drillburs. Is that still a thing?

LAY-ZX posted:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Earthquake

This set basically owns. Get the SubSeed going and let the Sitrus Berry and Harvest make him unkillable. Earthquake is the main source of damage, Phantom Force buys you a turn of free Leech Seed damage/potential Harvest proc.

What, no Horn Leech?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

Dammit, I really wanted to take on the E4 for the first time with an all weasel-ish team. I have a Mienshao and Floatzel. I also have a Sneasel but I don't have the item to evolve it. Oshawott and Cyndaquil aren't available. Furret is garbage. This really eats into my options.

Better get yourself a Belly Drum Linoone.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What, no Horn Leech?

It honestly doesn't do enough damage to make the healing worth a drat. :shrug: Phantom Force has utility and Earthquake is just an amazing attack in general.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Broken Cog posted:

Man, some people are so boring. I've just been getting Flabebes and Skiddos from my last Wonder Trades.

Wonder Trade has been coughing up insanely good stuff for me lately. I tend to trade the days breeding rejects late at night and 80% of the time I get Japanese trades. Those kids don't gently caress around. I got a technician Sycther, Gigalith with 2 perfect IVs, Ferroseed with 3 perfect IVs, adamant Mawile with 5 IVs and a modest Eevee with 4 IVs, which has been a goddamn blessing for breeding. I recommend trading at 2 AM if you're a night owl.

edit: The greatest wonder trade ever was Halloween night. Someone sent me a Noibat holding a heart scale named "Treat". Wonder what the "trick" winners got.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 11, 2013

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Does anyone around here have a Togepi Friend Safari? I mostly just want to be able to control the Pokeball it's in :v:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

LAY-ZX posted:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Earthquake

Awesome, thanks. Which nature is preferable? Adamant for the attack boost? Also does anyone have a harvest Phantump/Trevenant they'd be willing to trade?

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

DizzyBum posted:

Better get yourself a Belly Drum Linoone.
I can't believe there's no way to evolve Sneasel pre-E4. That's hosed up.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Awesome, thanks. Which nature is preferable? Adamant for the attack boost? Also does anyone have a harvest Phantump/Trevenant they'd be willing to trade?

Mine's Careful to beef up his defense a bit more, but Adamant could probably work too if you wanted to be a bit more offensive with it.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

What is the fastest way to increase a Pokemon's Friendship with you?

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Just ride around with them for a while. I usually take togepi I need to evolve with me while I'm breeding other stuff and after two or three batches they're maxed out.

Alternatively, go to the roundabout near the eiffel tower, hop on your bike, wedge a dime into the 3DS control stick and come back in 30 mins.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 11, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Also, does anyone have any recommended setups for a Huge Power Azumarill? My only water type is currently a Rotom so it'd be nice to have some variety. Is everyone sure that Sap Sipper is a worse ability for him than Huge Power?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Level it up at le wow. If it's level 10 you can get like 40 levels out of it in one go. Make sure it's within the first 3 pokemon in the rotation battle or else it won't become more friendly.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

MustelaFuro posted:

Dammit, I really wanted to take on the E4 for the first time with an all weasel-ish team. I have a Mienshao and Floatzel. I also have a Sneasel but I don't have the item to evolve it. Oshawott and Cyndaquil aren't available. Furret is garbage. This really eats into my options.

toxic boost zangoose- aren't mongoo(ee?)se weasels? Thing is only x gets the zangoose majority horde, Y gets seviper.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

MustelaFuro posted:

I can't believe there's no way to evolve Sneasel pre-E4. That's hosed up.

I just finished trading some other dude a Razor Fang. If you have anything cool I can make it happen again.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

cancerianmoth posted:

toxic boost zangoose- aren't mongoo(ee?)se weasels? Thing is only x gets the zangoose majority horde, Y gets seviper.

He can always just throw a Seviper up on GTS and ask for a Zangoose, then wait a few hours.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

He can always just throw a Seviper up on GTS and ask for a Zangoose, then wait a few hours.

yea, however toxic boost is a hidden ability so the odds of someone being rad are pretty slim.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

cancerianmoth posted:

yea, however toxic boost is a hidden ability so the odds of someone being rad are pretty slim.

But Zangoose are horde mon anyways, so any random one could have it, not just Friend Safari ones.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
I'm releasing 10 boxes of Trubbish into Wonder Trade tonight, if anyone gets one: you're welcome.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Also, does anyone have any recommended setups for a Huge Power Azumarill? My only water type is currently a Rotom so it'd be nice to have some variety. Is everyone sure that Sap Sipper is a worse ability for him than Huge Power?

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant, 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Pretty simple: set up Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet everything to death. Superpower is for Ferrothorn.

Do not run Sap Sipper.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Emong posted:

Does anyone around here have a Togepi Friend Safari? I mostly just want to be able to control the Pokeball it's in :v:

Yeah, I have one.

0388-0206-9174

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Broken Cog posted:

Man, some people are so boring. I've just been getting Flabebes and Skiddos from my last Wonder Trades.

I'm throwing out Beldums named Dildo. Is that fun enough for you?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, I have one.

0388-0206-9174

Sweet, thanks!

0173-1773-4282

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Chalk up another all Eevee team. The Gen1 trio saw the most action, with Espeon doing the least, absolutely nothing until 2HKO'ing Mega Gardevoir with shadow ball.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Good: I got a friend safari with Kakuna! I can get a Beedrill named TheBee and add another Pokemon to my Kamen Rider Kabuto themed team.

Bad: Kakuna has only one ability, Shed Skin, meaning I just have to catch a bunch of Kakunas and evolve them to find out if they evolve into a Beedrill with Sniper.

So does anyone have a Friend Safari with Eevees? I asked in the trading thread but no luck so far, I have a friend safari with Skarmory/Mawile/Bronzong in return.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Twelve by Pies posted:

Good: I got a friend safari with Kakuna! I can get a Beedrill named TheBee and add another Pokemon to my Kamen Rider Kabuto themed team.

Bad: Kakuna has only one ability, Shed Skin, meaning I just have to catch a bunch of Kakunas and evolve them to find out if they evolve into a Beedrill with Sniper.

So does anyone have a Friend Safari with Eevees? I asked in the trading thread but no luck so far, I have a friend safari with Skarmory/Mawile/Bronzong in return.

I don't have the safari, but I have HA Eevees from my breeding project. LMK in the trade thread.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
edit: ignore

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 11, 2013

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
Any suggestions EV wise for a tyranitar lead? Was hoping to create a sandteam for maison and also messing around with random online battles.

So far for my team I have Tyranitar, Garchomp and mega mawile all with 5IVs. Maybe magic guard alakazam and skarmory or bronzong? Any suggestions would be appreciated, googling and smogon haven't really updated for gen vi yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If you can get your hands on one, Metagross is still a goddamn badass. And no Sand team is complete without Excadrill.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Leper Colon V posted:

If you can get your hands on one, Metagross is still a goddamn badass. And no Sand team is complete without Excadrill.

Speaking of: What should you look for in a good metagross, nature-wise and all that? It's probably my favorite pokemon based solely on looks so I wouldn't mind trying one out in online battles once I beat the E4 and can start catching them and breeding them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Leper Colon V posted:

I dunno, Metagross was already not as great as he was earlier but now he gets a brand new weakness to ghost and dark. Also almost everything on that team is weak to earthquakes. You know what's immune to sandstorm, Earthquakes, and statuses? Gliscor :cool:

Also Gliscor resists fighting moves (Tyranitar 4x weak), and has really high defense while having double leftovers thanks to the Poison Heal ability.

This team will eat poo poo to a guy with ice beam and surf though

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Twelve by Pies posted:

So earlier people were talking about the worst new models for Pokemon and after trying to fill out my Dex for the Oval Charm I've come across another one: Purrloin. Why is it standing like that?

This post's a bit old, but all Purrloins in the anime have been standing almost all the time. it's the Unova-equivalent of Meowth.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

BougieBitch posted:

I just finished trading some other dude a Razor Fang. If you have anything cool I can make it happen again.

I don't have anything cool unless you're looking for some of the rarer berries. I've been berry farming and have all but 3 or 4 types. Soon I'll have all.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Is there a way to do 6 vs. 6 battles over Wi-Fi? Waiting for passerby/friends list people to accept is kinda wack.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno, Metagross was already not as great as he was earlier but now he gets a brand new weakness to ghost and dark. Also almost everything on that team is weak to earthquakes. You know what's immune to sandstorm, Earthquakes, and statuses? Gliscor :cool:

Also Gliscor resists fighting moves (Tyranitar 4x weak), and has really high defense while having double leftovers thanks to the Poison Heal ability.

This team will eat poo poo to a guy with ice beam and surf though

Yeah I was thinking that, I'm only set on the three I happened to breed/acquire. Ive always liked gliscor though. Then two more, someone who resists water and ice maybe forretress? and then someone who can use special attacks? I've got a rain team for doubles with some of my favourites which is alright but I can't really decide on a singles team. I do like tyranitar and mawile though, I kind of just fell into garchomp.

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
Someone needs to make a webapp where you just put in the IVs of the parent and it tells you the chance of those IVs being passed down. It can't be that hard to write in javascript.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyrocat posted:

Someone needs to make a webapp where you just put in the IVs of the parent and it tells you the chance of those IVs being passed down. It can't be that hard to write in javascript.

It's even odds of any individual IV being passed down, unless you use a Power item. Destiny Knot just changes how many are chosen.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Pyrocat posted:

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

tomkash posted:

Yeah I was thinking that, I'm only set on the three I happened to breed/acquire. Ive always liked gliscor though. Then two more, someone who resists water and ice maybe forretress? and then someone who can use special attacks? I've got a rain team for doubles with some of my favourites which is alright but I can't really decide on a singles team. I do like tyranitar and mawile though, I kind of just fell into garchomp.

you could use something with magic guard like Reuniclus or Sigilyph. Anything with Overcoat also becomes immune- Cloyster (which covers your water/ice resistance) and Leavanny. I would imagine picking one from each of these would give you greater coverage, reduce common weaknesses, and throw opponents off a bit.

• Locked thread