Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, how's Abyssia in Dom 4? They were always my favorites in Dominions 3, but they were so--eh, unit wise.

Did the shift to mage/troops over SC/thugs help them at all? Is fire still a "bad" casting tree?

In addition to what's already been said, the change to start at preferred heat scales in Dom4 was super bad for Abysia since that's 120 build points lost, for a nation that was only ever okay-at-best and really needed those handicap points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Speleothing posted:

There was a bug that prevented some armloss afflictions from being healed. Should be fixed - patch your game or contact Illwinter.

Now I've got a few poor bastards missing eyes. Won't regrow with both gift of health and chalice. I've got everything patched up, its really obnoxious to have an SC pretender missing bits. Is there any wish phrase that heals it?

Edit: On the Agartha suggestion front, I vaguely remember using a mod from Dom 3 that gave Agarthans a national spell that functioned like teleport. Path requirements meant only the EA Oracles could cast it. It was cool and unique, but not exactly game changing.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
If you have Con4 and N5, you can make the Miraculous Cure-All Elixir. Costs 30 N gems though, but it won't be used up.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

amuayse posted:

If you have Con4 and N5, you can make the Miraculous Cure-All Elixir. Costs 30 N gems though, but it won't be used up.

I thought that just had disease healer 1 or is it actually just healer 1?

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I thought that just had disease healer 1 or is it actually just healer 1?

From what the text says, that's disease only. I am under the impression that the Chalice (and gift of health) should cure everything.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Oh yeah, it's only disease healer 1. poo poo, I thought there was going to be an easier way to cure afflictions.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gift of health takes its sweet time healing them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How do afflictions work with Phoenix Pyre? Will a thug using Phoenix Pyre eventually become a crippled, eyeless, monstrosity? Or is there some sort of diplomatic immunity?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They will get probably get disgustingly ruined if they actually use it even once. Your afflictions stick.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

[19:29] <Sombre> It's like a suped up doom horror

:allears:

Cave patch might be a glorious thing indeed.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

AtomikKrab posted:

[19:29] <Sombre> It's like a suped up doom horror

:allears:

Cave patch might be a glorious thing indeed.

Apparently they were Sealed away for a reason? Who knew

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Speleothing posted:

Apparently they were Sealed away for a reason? Who knew

You'd think they'd choose something more effective than agartha to keep them locked up then. Seal guard. :sigh:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
They're just making smart decisions, Builds. You wouldn't want to fight Niefel Giants or Dracoliches if you were in their position.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

builds character posted:

You'd think they'd choose something more effective than agartha to keep them locked up then. Seal guard. :sigh:

Can you really keep a doom horror locked up? Better to give them something big and non-threatening as a meal so that they'll leave you alone. The Agarthans aren't so much guards as they are canaries in a coal mine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nah, they can't be canaries in a coal mine. I am pretty sure worm people can't sing at all! However, they are certainly going to be the opposite of tasty. All that despair and depression and... worminess. What kind of horrible horror would want to eat that?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Agarthans are pretty touchy about having their military insulted.

"What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little human? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ancient Oracles, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Atlantis, and I have over 3000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top mage in Agarthan armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another mortal. I will wipe you the gently caress out with my 7 precision the likes of which has never been seen before beneath this earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the ether? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of scouts across the underworld and your silver cord is being traced right now so you better prepare for the quakes, maggot. The quakes that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, worm. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my one eye. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Agarthan Seal Guard and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn markata. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will earth meld in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gorilla warfare huh... So he was like, attached to Bandar forces for a time or what?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

amuayse posted:

Agarthans are pretty touchy about having their military insulted.

"What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little human? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ancient Oracles, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Atlantis, and I have over 3000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top mage in Agarthan armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another mortal. I will wipe you the gently caress out with my 7 precision the likes of which has never been seen before beneath this earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the ether? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of scouts across the underworld and your silver cord is being traced right now so you better prepare for the quakes, maggot. The quakes that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, worm. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my one eye. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Agarthan Seal Guard and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn markata. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will earth meld in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo."

R. Lee Wormy? :getin:

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
In the middle of a LA Abysian single player game, I stumbled along hoburg, and got hoburg crossbowmen at a measly 7g4rs each, meaning I can pop out a full squad of them with a commander per turn.

Combine them with Wind Guide and flaming arrows, and I've just created the ultimate anti ghost/cavalry/monster/anything firing line, for about the cost of a castle. Now I don't even really care that my infantry are move 5 - two volleys of crossbow bolts routs all but the largest of armies with 200 hoburgers.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Mist and Storm?

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

amuayse posted:

Mist and Storm?

Yeah, that would be an affective counter.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My army of androphag archers and the 50 PD(which were mostly archers) on my capital in Dulcimer were pretty awesome...until MightyPeon invaded me with Mist and Storm, causing most of my missiles to not get fired, and those that did get fired were fired at ~3 precision.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Update's hit.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Change log for those of you looking for it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
For the sake of every other MP Dominions newbie out there who might be too scared to ask, is it ok to get the update if you're currently in a game?

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

jBrereton posted:

For the sake of every other MP Dominions newbie out there who might be too scared to ask, is it ok to get the update if you're currently in a game?

I was wondering this too, got a game going with some people. Is it fine if we all update or will it break everything horribly?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

By god, they made agartha... usable.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

quote:

Secondshape don't heal afflictions

Is this a big nerf for secondshape units like jags/skinshifters? It seems like you're pretty much guaranteed to take some serious afflictions before transforming. Or is secondshape the wrong term for those transformations?

Cheneybeast
Dec 19, 2012

I know Dominions looks like a pro 1997 game, but does it auto update, or do I need to go dig up a patch somewhere old school style?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Cheneybeast posted:

I know Dominions looks like a pro 1997 game, but does it auto update, or do I need to go dig up a patch somewhere old school style?
If you've got Desura, you'll have just got a notice that an update's popped. You click the upgrade button there.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

I can't seem to log into Lyre. Do I need to update to sync with the server or is proactiveapathy just down again?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Guys, LA got a new hero, he is INSANE

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

AtomikKrab posted:

Guys, LA got a new hero, he is INSANE

how many insanity points does he have

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If one made a map almost entirely out of caves, it is sort of possible that Agartha might win.

Now there's a change.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

how many insanity points does he have

10%

He is second step of old for a 174 and 120, and his bomb is only 1 shot. adept researcher 10 though

wshngmchn
Jul 14, 2013

wrath pride ignorance
Abridged 4.03 changelog:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Cave crab picture please.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Microcline posted:

I can't seem to log into Lyre. Do I need to update to sync with the server or is proactiveapathy just down again?

Someone probably submitted a turn with the new version before tenjou could update the server. Once he updates her should bring any crashed games back online.

wshngmchn
Jul 14, 2013

wrath pride ignorance

AtomikKrab posted:

Cave crab picture please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

This is art.

• Locked thread