Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
Anime kinda gives me nightmares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Llllllllladies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IJl2zCe30

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
These gaaaaaaames :psyduck:

Why?

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Best ANIME ending EVER!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Lowtax posted:

We keep trying to play and record that one, and it always sabotages the computer in new and exciting ways.

I didn't have much problems with it.

Except when I got stuck and couldn't move. It seems touching the left border will always get you stuck.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
You managed a 24 on the Animometer in 14:35. That's an average of 1.58 AMPs (Animentions Per Minute). Impressive.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Anime. It's driving me mad. It's making me crazy. (crazy)

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

NINTENDO WORLD 2 EX

So...I think this game might be too good for an LP. Here's me sampling the game. I'm not sure why the dialog boxes don't show up though. It has horrible grammar and white text on a bright green background.

Prove me wrong Lowtax and Shmorky. No game is too good for you guys.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
You never want to know what's in ANIME cups.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'll never drink a cup of tea again in my fuckin life.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
You know what was in that cup?

Shmorky's blood

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Cheez posted:

You know what was in that cup?

Shmorky's blood

So, is Dontrel feeding on Shmorky's blood? Is he born anew from it? Is he usually found swimming inside Shmorky's arteries? I don't think I'd like to know the answer, actually.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 6, 2013

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

That Italian Guy posted:

So, is Dontrel feeding on Shmorky's blood? Is he born anew from it? Is he usually found swimming inside Shmorky's arteries? I don't think I'd like to know the asnwer, actually.

Shmorky is Dontrel's phylactory. Dontrel is constantly born anew from Shmorky's flesh and blood.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

That Italian Guy posted:

So, is Dontrel feeding on Shmorky's blood? Is he born anew from it? Is he usually found swimming inside Shmorky's arteries? I don't think I'd like to know the asnwer, actually.

It's time to go.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
okay nevermind this game is boring and repetitious as gently caress

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Lowtax posted:

That health bar is the best part of the game.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Cooking Breakfast 2

It's always more difficult to review a Game Maker title that's not a game. In the case of Cooking Breakfast 2, for example, should I base my value judgment on graphics? Sound? Usefulness? Or should I just let the program speak for itself?

I think it's an understatement to say that this won't appeal to everyone, but I've found myself loading it up more often than I do a lot of Game Maker games. Maybe for the same reason I can't resist running Janitor Joe every so often. Titles like these remind me of one of the best aspects of Game Maker--you can create whatever you want, regardless of whether it would be viable as a commercial product, or even makes sense.

Note:
  • You may want to avoid Cooking Breakfast 2 if unexpected flashing colors affect you in a negative way.

• Cooking Breakfast 2 does not seem to have an exit feature. Use Windows Task Manager.

• Siege Delux, creator of The Gods Choise, helped Sparlatacus with Cooking Breakfast 2.

• There was no Cooking Breakfast 1.

Author's description:
This all time family classic. Learn in seven steps to create your very own breakfast.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Lowtax posted:

I stopped after meeting Pac-Man. The game looked like it had promise. Sorry about that.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I cannot wait to see you fold that last one into the Flash Tub. I just have the strangest feeling that there is so much more (Anime) terror waiting within that game. Waiting to strike. Like a dolphin in a teacup, vengeful, and thirsty for frozen pizza.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I just have the strangest feeling that there is so much more (Anime) terror waiting within that game. Waiting to strike. Like a dolphin in a teacup, vengeful, and thirsty for frozen pizza.

Downloaded and played through it out of morbid curiosity, and spoiler: there is not. The only time the game threatened to become slightly interesting was an ending where the one with black hair explodes for some reason. :confused:

If it was bugging any of you like it was bugging me, there was no way for them to leave the living room with the ominous teacup. There's a hidden panel on the wall they didn't find, but you can't open it until you get another one of the character endings and get a nail file magicked into your inventory there on subsequent plays. Also, unless it was in an ending I didn't bother with, you are never able to go into the attic or basement. Every path was pretty much ominous blood or ghost wandering about -> argue with whatever anime you chose to follow -> you and/or the anime is killed and/or you and/or the anime(s) escape in a really mundane way -> "I guess we'll never really know what happened here" or "You are dead" -> Game Over.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Judgement Day

Silence of the Teachers

Drunk Class - One of your classmates have a drank bottle with him. Now, you had to bring this bottle to the place where he belong. But watch out for the teacher!

Teach-R+ - Teach the class, but be mindful of your special needs student, use your knowledge of behavioural principles to pass the level

Nintendo Brothers - This is one of the biggest projects I have ever attempted

effects of drugs

El Grande Mexicano Sibl

:siren::siren::siren: And finally, let's examine the horrible/seedier side of YoYo Games:

Teacher Exterminator - I'm guessing why you want to download this game...to kick teachers but,of corse!if you hate teachers this is the game for you!also...it stars a real school,real people,real teachers and real places in the school!(cartoon though)

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
It probably doesn't matter, but it seems like the Animometer jumps from 4 to 6. This is heinous.

On second thought, it definitely doesn't matter.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

It's Leisure Suit Larry in space.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Perpetual posted:

Downloaded and played through it out of morbid curiosity, and spoiler: there is not. The only time the game threatened to become slightly interesting was an ending where the one with black hair explodes for some reason. :confused:

If it was bugging any of you like it was bugging me, there was no way for them to leave the living room with the ominous teacup. There's a hidden panel on the wall they didn't find, but you can't open it until you get another one of the character endings and get a nail file magicked into your inventory there on subsequent plays. Also, unless it was in an ending I didn't bother with, you are never able to go into the attic or basement. Every path was pretty much ominous blood or ghost wandering about -> argue with whatever anime you chose to follow -> you and/or the anime is killed and/or you and/or the anime(s) escape in a really mundane way -> "I guess we'll never really know what happened here" or "You are dead" -> Game Over.

Honestly, the biggest plot twist is that all of the other three girls are best friends and you are a total stranger. Unless you do a bunch of random things to "win the trust" of one of the girls (like, um, putting some wood on the fire), they think you're the killer and escape without you. It's never explained how you ended up at a slumber party with them.

It also includes the world's two most obvious jump scares that make no sense and a scene where you die by waiting 100 years in the living room for someone to turn on the lights.

Oh, yes, spoiler alert: the "True Ending" is that everyone escapes, then the guy on the phone possesses you and makes you run back into the house where you die. Then you see that same guy arguing with a shadowy figure, who is suddenly revealed to be a completely random dude, and then game ends abruptly.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Jubs posted:

Try them yet?

Sorry, I missed out on this for a bit. Sadly I tried torture of the afterflesh and it assaulted my senses. Loud obnoxious noises play, and the only controls seem to be that you drag your screen to look around and click when it says you can to teleport to that location. It was singularly unpleasant and dull.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

hyphz posted:

they think you're the killer and escape without you.

Well, to be fair you're the one consciously playing the game, while they're the ones trapped inside it.

Also, I now want a Super Mexican Bros LP badly.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

drat, now I feel old. I played this one when I was a kid, when this was new. I don't remember it being that horrible actually, it's basically a tech demo where you can control your sword with your mouse. Which was quite impressive back in the day.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Lord Hypnostache posted:

drat, now I feel old. I played this one when I was a kid, when this was new. I don't remember it being that horrible actually, it's basically a tech demo where you can control your sword with your mouse. Which was quite impressive back in the day.

Are you talking about Die by The Sword? That game blew my mind at that time.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 7, 2013

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

That Italian Guy posted:

I checked the wikipedia page, nothing looks familiar. Then I checked other games by the creator of Forge and I realized I've played pretty much all of them back in the late 90's/early 00's, back when I didn't have money for games and there was a prolific freeware scene in Finland. I remember Wazzal and Notrium being pretty sweet games.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

That Italian Guy posted:

Holy crap I remember reading about that and how it was going to revolutionize how videogames did sword fighting.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
If I recall, the engine for Forge was done by him (Monkkonen) as well. If you looks at the 'engine/language', it's 'C/C++'. I think all the games on his Gamejolt page are done in C++, as well.

Except for 'Magebane 2', which is listed as 'Action Gamemaker', but going by the guy's forums, it look like it was actually done in C++ as well.

I'm not sure any game by Monkkonen would fall under 'absolute worst games ever created', though. Maybe Magebane 1, but that's apparently Finnish only.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kgummy posted:

I'm not sure any game by Monkkonen would fall under 'absolute worst games ever created', though. Maybe Magebane 1, but that's apparently Finnish only.

I'd love to see Lowtax & Shmorky LP a finnish only game, for sure.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 7, 2013

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I've been enjoying the hell out of this thread so I made a dancing ghost .gif from Shmorky's video

e: its avatar-able if someone wants it

Nebalebadingdong fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 8, 2013

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I've been enjoying the hell out of this thread so I made a dancing ghost .gif from Shmorky's video

You have made me so happy.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Oh man, I can't wait :allears:

Reeckensall
Sep 27, 2012

When I broke bad
I never knew 'bout all this trouble I would have...

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Oh man, I can't wait :allears:

Wait no longer.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Tractor is freaky.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Tractor is freaky.

You would know, Lowtractor

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

This cartoon just highlights how awesome the saw video is "W-well its not my fault, I've been working on it on weekends. I have a job you know"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/222954-super-ball-man

He deleted Dontrel Dolphin and made this.

"Ball Man is easier to draw; he looks better in the game; and I also have a certificate of copyright for him. His attack might seem strange, but you learn to like it. I also changed the attack button to X instead of SHIFT. As for Dontrel Dolphin, pay no regard to it; it's just a prototype from when I started with Game Maker."

• Locked thread