Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Taaaalking about that ninth panel - hey how about Spender's left eye/sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Jetamo posted:

Taaaalking about that ninth panel - hey how about Spender's left eye/sunglasses.

Yeah. Me and a few people have said before his two spirits are probably a Darkness and Light spirit. i mean, just look at this page here, it seems pretty black and white to me.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You know, if Max and Forge have to fight, that's gonna end up pretty one-sided.

Speaking of magnetism, Isaac mentions that most stuff Max could grab or throw magnetically would go right through a spirit, but I wonder if he just could grab some metallic and pointy non-black tool from the archive to remote-stab spirits with, just for its spiritual solidity.

(I mostly just like the image of Max going into a fight with a little cloud of miscellaneous metallic household objects orbiting his head)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 6, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah. Me and a few people have said before his two spirits are probably a Darkness and Light spirit. i mean, just look at this page here, it seems pretty black and white to me.

Black and yellow, more like.

I think it may just be possible that Spender is somehow using a spirit of a color that doesn't match his normal spectral powers, which may be why he's not alright in the head.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Max's reaction to Spender's "Listen, Max-" had me giggling for like a solid minute.

Also I love how the background colors change to fit the mood of what's going on in the panel.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I only just realised that there's *thwack* in the path/shadow of his foot.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
While we're looking at old pages of Paranatural, I wonder if Max is fighting off possession here. The eye glows look familiar.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Brannock posted:

While we're looking at old pages of Paranatural, I wonder if Max is fighting off possession here. The eye glows look familiar.

And even further back on this page in the "could actually... be..." panel it looks like there's a very faint design of the magnet snake in Max's face?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Black and yellow, more like.

I think it may just be possible that Spender is somehow using a spirit of a color that doesn't match his normal spectral powers, which may be why he's not alright in the head.

He comments that his mind is a delicate balance after freaking out over Isabel offering him a tool he thought would be yellow (turns out it was a frosty pink).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mazerunner posted:

And even further back on this page in the "could actually... be..." panel it looks like there's a very faint design of the magnet snake in Max's face?

Football Appreciation Club is probably one of my favorite background jokes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

LtStorm posted:

He comments that his mind is a delicate balance after freaking out over Isabel offering him a tool he thought would be yellow (turns out it was a frosty pink).

It's because he's got a Light Ghost and a Dark ghost. He's anime so he's gotta be the balance of twilight.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Such a simple joke, but I'm laughing my as off here

And it is something something you better get your homework done properly~

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how long it takes to get used to poo poo just phasing through walls without warning all the time :allears:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This comic keeps showing up with really amazing stuff. It's almost spooky how consistently great it is.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I have never seen a comic portray difficulty hearing someone speaking away from the listener by having their model obstruct the speech bubble.

That's a pretty nifty.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 8, 2013

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I have never seen a comic portray difficulty hearing a someone speaking away from listener by having their model obstruct the speech bubble.

That's a pretty nifty.

Yeah, that speech bubble thing is a really clever little touch.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Fried Chicken posted:

Such a simple joke, but I'm laughing my as off here

And it is something something you better get your homework done properly~

Dunno how it starts, but looks like "...you all up early to get your homework done..." looks like the last bit starts with an e, and I don't think there's enough room for it to be properly.

So really he's a big jerk.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Something something "homework done extra early?"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's probably saying that he was going to get everyone up early tomorrow morning to make sure they get their homework done.

Also, he's a butt.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Something something "homework done extra early?"

Bingo! So it's something more like: "I'll pick you all up at ___ so get your homework done extra early~"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Unhappy Meal posted:

Bingo! So it's something more like: "I'll pick you all up at ___ so get your homework done extra early~"

Oh poo poo that makes even more sense.

I am humbled in the art of reading blocked text.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Ehhhh I dunno if piercings are a good idea for you, Max.

vv and his taste in skater celebrities!

Fecha fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 11, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah getting piercings with a magnetic power sounds like a terrible idea :cry:

I like Max's taste in music though :pseudo::hf::black101:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Max really looks better with his hat. He is one of the lucky few. Maybe it's because he doesn't have an anime haircut.

Hmm... Would Max wear a helmet?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Remember when albums cost 5 cents?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I say, this is exceedingly metal. :wotwot:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Necromantid are just a poor man's Dethspasm.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hmm, a facespider huh? Where have I seen one of those before.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I dunno, where have we seen one of those before? And where's the light coming from in this scene? Is his cieling just a giant EL panel?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Necromantid are just a poor man's Dethspasm.

I'd be really surprised if he wasn't referencing that. Unless "death metal mantis" is a common thought that people have when coming up with pretend music groups.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

And where's the light coming from in this scene?

The scuttling mask.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ariong posted:

The scuttling mask.

I don't think it is. Look at the panel where it's scuttling down the wall. The lighting doesn't change from how it looked when it was on the cieling.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

neogeo0823 posted:

I don't think it is. Look at the panel where it's scuttling down the wall. The lighting doesn't change from how it looked when it was on the cieling.

It could just be glowing.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Because it wasn't terrifying enough the first time

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Is Boss Lady keeping tabs on Max or is that just a garden variety face spider?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man, that came out of nowhere. :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

horriblePencilist posted:

Aw man, that came out of nowhere. :smith:
Someone should get that kid some Casper tapes or something. :saddowns:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Apparently, Shadow Man isn't part of the comic books he read.

Max should get him to play Planescape: Torment.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

RIP funtimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

RIP funtimes

More like MORT FUN TIMES, WOOHOO!