Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I went to the mall today and saw that they were setting up Santa's Village, which included this:

An animation babushka fox ready to shoot herself out of a cannon.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sad lions posted:

That's a goose, you spaz.

Like you can trust the media to tell the difference

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

So what was the preteen orgy in IT about then? :colbert:
This is the reason the new IT is going to be split into 2 movies. The second movie will be 2 hours of preteen gang rape.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
There is going to be a new IT movie? Man, I was just thinking the other day how perfect Tim Curry did Pennywise.
That is going to be a hard role to beat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tim Curry should play Pennywise again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Johnny Aztec posted:

There is going to be a new IT movie? Man, I was just thinking the other day how perfect Tim Curry did Pennywise.
That is going to be a hard role to beat.

The movie itself wasn't super great, though.

But yeah, I'd be OK with a better movie that still had Tim Curry.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Devor posted:

Like you can trust the media to tell the difference

Yeah, the one on the bottom left is an AK-47.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
If you can get killed by a swan or a goose then you deserve to die. I am gonna get internet toughguy for a second here and just say that when it come down to it; life or death; I am gonna kill that goose.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Miltank posted:

If you can get killed by a swan or a goose then you deserve to die. I am gonna get internet toughguy for a second here and just say that when it come down to it; life or death; I am gonna kill that goose.

You ever fight a goose? Those fuckers are strong as hell and I heard swans are even worse.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I know full and well that most birds can kill me. I would not be surprised if an ornery rooster was my undoing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Miltank posted:

Geese are legitimately motherfuckers, and I think swans are like that too. I have a buddy who's legs got loving shredded by geese when he was a grown rear end man. Maybe it's a swarm thing, and you can take a 1 on 1 goosefight, but I would not enjoy having a pack of angry geese up in my grill.

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
When I was in San Francisco a couple weeks ago I saw swans the size of loving goats. I would not want to fight one in the water, just sayin'.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Geese are legitimately motherfuckers, and I think swans are like that too. I have a buddy who's legs got loving shredded by geese when he was a grown rear end man. Maybe it's a swarm thing, and you can take a 1 on 1 goosefight, but I would not enjoy having a pack of angry geese up in my grill.

Does anyone have the picture of the sign saying "warning there is a goose outside" and the goose is staring in the door?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
I swear to god we have this goose conversation like every three months.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

ThatPazuzu posted:

I know full and well that most birds can kill me. I would not be surprised if an ornery rooster was my undoing.

But birds will also kick your rear end at sports:

And their sense of style:

Mammals never really inherited the earth, the dinosaurs just gave us the parts they liked less.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Killer robot posted:

Mammals never really inherited the earth, the dinosaurs just gave us the parts they liked less.

God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys God, Man creates dinosaurs.

(Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth.)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
An adult Cassowary can disembowel a full-grown man with a single kick.

No-one bothered telling them they weren't dinosaurs anymore. No-one dared.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

An adult Cassowary can disembowel a full-grown man with a single kick.

No-one bothered telling them they weren't dinosaurs anymore. No-one dared.

I saw one of these in the wild earlier this year, which had been a dream of mine for some time. They are spectacular, eerily huge and reptilian birds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mock it for having neck testicles.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SynthOrange posted:

That just makes it more dinosaur-like.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

SynthOrange posted:

Those are there because they are territorial dickheads. Don't feed the Cassowaries!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I thought truck nutz were a recent thing.

Jose Mengelez has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Nov 11, 2013

Good News Everyone
Apr 30, 2009
I'd just like to point out that there has been one documented cassowary-related death. Not arguing that they are crazy territorial cunts that are capable of doing damage, but they're not as terrifying as some of our other wildlife.

In unrelated news, have a guinea pig swimming class.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gives a whole new meaning to head job.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So a tsintaosaurus walks up to another tsintaosaurus in a bar and says, "Hi there baby, want some head?"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
What a dickhead!

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

fermun posted:

This is actually a pretty funny book by Onion writer Baratunde Thurston. It's about his life while also talking about race issues and how black people surrounded by white people are expected to speak for all black people or conform to some stereotype.

I read half of it right before that was posted. It's a good read, points out a lot of issues without being preachy, or "Kill Whitey!", even has heaping loads of humor to help the medicine go down. I highly recommend it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Good News Everyone posted:

I'd just like to point out that there has been one documented cassowary-related death. Not arguing that they are crazy territorial cunts that are capable of doing damage, but they're not as terrifying as some of our other wildlife.

One death that we know if. They typically don't leave witnesses.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Tardcore posted:

You ever fight a goose? Those fuckers are strong as hell and I heard swans are even worse.

Anyone that's lost a fight with a goose or swan did so because they didn't want to hurt them, or didn't know how easy it is.

I hunt, mostly birds. Turns out you have hands and birds only have wings, necks, and fragile bones. Grab the bird's head, make a fast exaggerated circle motion, then snap it at the end. Congratulations, depending on the bird involved you have either snapped a it's neck or decapitated it entirely. Please cook it well, and eat what you've killed, or give it to me.

Even if they don't want to kill the bird involved I'm amazed we don't have more videos of people punting them. Big birds have resilient chest, lots of muscle there, but that would get it away from you.

Dr. MonkeyThunder has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Nov 11, 2013

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Anyone that's lost a fight with a goose or swan did so because they didn't want to hurt them, or didn't know how easy it is.

I hunt, mostly birds. Turns out you have hands and birds only have wings, necks, and fragile bones. Grab the bird's head, make a fast exaggerated circle motion, then snap it at the end. Congratulations, depending on the bird involved you have either snapped a it's neck or decapitated it entirely. Please cook it well, and eat what you've killed, or give it to me.

Even if they don't want to kill the bird involved I'm amazed we don't have more videos of people punting them.

As you motion behind the goose, the other 20 geese behind it have their way with you.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Even if they don't want to kill the bird involved I'm amazed we don't have more videos of people punting them. Big birds have resilient chest, lots of muscle there, but that would get it away from you.

Here's a guy that tried it and didn't quite succeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

This whole discussion came up in another thread, and basically led to this post.
One one side you have a 12 pound bird with delicate hollow bones and in the other corner you have a 150+ pound primate with dense bone structure and powerful musculature for pulling and climbing.
The primate is going to tear the bird apart every time.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

Etrips posted:

As you motion behind the goose, the other 20 geese behind it have their way with you.

Clever girl.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

Etrips posted:

Turns out we're rarely in horror movies and therefore can see what we're walking into and geese are no ninjas.(and in my experience I have already shot them and am still holding said gun of shot)

Here's a guy that tried it and didn't quite succeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

He barely puts a foot toward it. That's no punt or even attempted punt.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not sure if you realize that most people have no experience with killing animals. I'd try to punt any geese coming at me, but it would never occur to me to try and snap their necks.

Rowsdower!
Nov 28, 2002

BECAUSE Sarcasmo GAVE A RATHER OBVIOUS HINT! THAT'S RIGHT, Sarcasmo GAVE THE HINT!
Found here: http://awkwardstockphotos.com/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not sure if you realize that most people have no experience with killing animals. I'd try to punt any geese coming at me, but it would never occur to me to try and snap their necks.

Really? They've got these long, slender necks! Just channel your inner angry primate and rip and tear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Phlegmish posted:

Hang out in places where geese are enough and it will come naturally.

• Locked thread