Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009
Got an invite, thanks Mauzer/Odious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ekeog posted:

Go to EK, drag yellow griffawns/gorge hounds/etc to Guard Sara by the farms right by the bridge, befriend animal before they die, then snare/nuke the 20-30% health high con to death.

The whole being able to charm enemies guards assist on, and then having them automatically unaggro is amazing.

Bah! I've been enchantering all wrong for the last 5 levels. :psyduck:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Any solo tips for my 16 Necro? The experience killing that Bard and guard in WK has slowed considerably.

I was thinking about Kurn's, but I would prefer hunting somewhere outside so that I can be AFK when necessary.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
East Karana from 16-24. Start at gnoll hill and move to gorge hounds until you get bored of that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Inimicul posted:

East Karana from 16-24. Start at gnoll hill and move to gorge hounds until you get bored of that.

Headed to EK to check this out. Thanks!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kurn's is such ridiculous exp though. The modifier on that zone is huge. You would fly through 16-20 in no time there (plus you could hang out with me!) For AFKing, I have just been zoning out of the entrance and idling on the side of the tower where the mobs don't path.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
Nothing like having a 55 bard come into Crushbone to take all of the mobs and get you killed twice in the process. I've done nothing this morning but spend time begging for ports back to BB so I can run to Crushbone to die again.

gently caress this game. :toot: (It's still fun but god damnit it's frustrating at times!)

ChadBroChill17 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 7, 2013

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Nothing like having a 55 bard come into Crushbone to take all of the mobs and get you killed twice in the process. I've done nothing this morning but spend time begging for ports back to BB so I can run to Crushbone to die again.

gently caress this game. :toot: (It's still fun but god damnit it's frustrating at times!)

Powerlevelers who go to populated leveling zones and proceed to take all the mobs and train them around are the worst. Take screenshots and petition them, please. That poo poo pisses me off to no end, and the GMs will do something about it if you can give them evidence.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Siets posted:

Kurn's is such ridiculous exp though. The modifier on that zone is huge. You would fly through 16-20 in no time there (plus you could hang out with me!) For AFKing, I have just been zoning out of the entrance and idling on the side of the tower where the mobs don't path.

I have had bad luck finding a port to Kunark whenever I'm on.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Wondermoose posted:

Rolled an Iksar Warrior, if I could get a guild tag that would be awesome. Should be on 9pm EST to 'way too late.' Character name is Vasrin.

Hit me up tonight on Skullmonkey. I'll craft you some cultural armor and get you on your way.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Hit me up tonight on Skullmonkey. I'll craft you some cultural armor and get you on your way.

Did you fix your PC?!? Hot drat.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

Did you fix your PC?!? Hot drat.

Quite possibly. Installing a new mobo after work. More News at 11.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Logging in now hanging out in Kurn's Tower. If anybody needs to get guild tagged, whisper Xeirak in-game or post here and I'll come find you on Kunark!

Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Man that would be kick rear end, but I think I messed you tonight. Hopefully I can catch you sometime this weekend.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I want to try this again but it looks like I screwed myself. 3 login server accounts already from my past tries and I can't remember the passwords for any of them. They won't restore passwords and I can't delete them. Am I poo poo out of luck?

EDIT: Problem solved. How do I search for goon guild members?
EDIT: I am Sizzlechest

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 10, 2013

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
You're SOL to get on your old characters unless you can remember your info, but you can always make a new account with a different email address to start over.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If anyone finds Words of Spirit, please let me know. I need it for my Necro root spell.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Jawdins posted:

EDIT: Problem solved. How do I search for goon guild members?

/who all 'unknown guild'

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Copout posted:

Ok, I'll wait til you're all ready before I decide what to play.

I'd say at this point go ahead and make what you want - everyone else has been slow starting up (a couple of my best friends that live together had to apply for an ip excemption). I plan on playing pretty regularly aside from a hiccup when the holidays arrive - I've been on almost every night with my main, Rocodo. Feel free to hit me up, regardless of level I may be to help you powerlevel a bit with memory blur.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 10, 2013

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Jawdins posted:

EDIT: I am Sizzlechest

Sorry I couldn't get to you yesterday.

I should be on evenings (US Mountain Time) so let me know.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
In as Rhume, a brand new Barbarian Shaman. Had to go back to work to take care of something but I should be on in an hour and a half to get back to it. Those polar bear cubs are scarier than I remember!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I've been resisting for awhile but I finally decided to jump in and play. I made a chanter named Sidhlot. Hope to see ya guys in game soon.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Not sure of the reason but the goon guild is pretty alive and kicking these days for anyone interested. I decided to start a Paladin alt (Galad) - anyone have a set of simple plate armor I could buy?

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

hayden. posted:

Not sure of the reason but the goon guild is pretty alive and kicking these days for anyone interested. I decided to start a Paladin alt (Galad) - anyone have a set of simple plate armor I could buy?

Holy crap I forgot you were a goon, it's me, Draux

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

hayden. posted:

Get a hold of me on Corova/ Corovad in game. I have lots of deep water stuff in the bank if you're interested, or I can help you build up a set of Ro. Helping the paladin population on the server makes me a happy camper.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Hopefully the downtime is not actually 12 hours.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That's a bummer. I had a couple of hours to kill before work.

mattmuffinman
Oct 13, 2008
When is it coming back, anyone know?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Your best bet to find out is to hang out in IRC or maybe on Sirken's twitch stream. I can't do either at the moment though, so you're on your own!

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER

GIMpy12 posted:

Hopefully the downtime is not actually 12 hours.

According to my IRC log its been trying to reconnect for 16ish hours.

Cant imagine what they could be doing that would take so long other than a complete relocation of physical hardware or just replicating it over the net to a VM somewhere.

When I goto project1999.org I'm greeted with Parallels plesk automation software default page. So seems likly that may be what is happening.

They are awfully ambiguous about it on the forum.:ninja:

edit: as I posted this site just loaded normal, no more default page

PITT fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 13, 2013

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Will it ever come back? Is EQ dead forever now? I'm scared guys. :ohdear:

edit: I think they are coming back!!! :toot:

edit2: Everything Down again. :argh:

Siets fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 13, 2013

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
p99 is died.

*poof*

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Crashing issues with Titanium client (on server select) according to P99 website. I was trying to log in this evening and was getting pissed, realized I probably needed a patch, and then saw that they're having issues.

Funkutron5000 posted:

Get a hold of me on Corova/ Corovad in game. I have lots of deep water stuff in the bank if you're interested, or I can help you build up a set of Ro. Helping the paladin population on the server makes me a happy camper.

Thanks a ton man, I'll hit you up. Isn't deep water like crazy expensive though? BP goes for like 100k I thought.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 13, 2013

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

hayden. posted:

Thanks a ton man, I'll hit you up. Isn't deep water like crazy expensive though? BP goes for like 100k I thought.

DW BP/ Legs are the only "expensive" things. Everything else goes for ~500

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I've decided to give up on ever retrieving Ivvl (or remembering the LS details). So...new slate:

Made Dakkith izzit a Barbarian Rogue and am gladly accepting handouts. Any help in getting close to planar again is much appreciated!!

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 14, 2013

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
Any trustworthy goons willing to help me out on a transfer in the EC tunnels today? I'd love to sit around and kill poo poo all day! Send a tell to Ekto!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Equality posted:

Any trustworthy goons willing to help me out on a transfer in the EC tunnels today? I'd love to sit around and kill poo poo all day! Send a tell to Ekto!

Send a tell to Skullmonkey if you still need help. I'll be on ~6 this evening

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Got into an AOE chardok group last night. Wasn't quite as good as I expected but still got half of 56 done in about 3.5 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Hey, some kind goon gave me some monk starter gear, and I'd like to return it, as I am having more fun as a cleric. Monks name was Sayjak.

In other news, I'm looking for an invite for my cleric, Darmu, and any clerical donations would be accepted. I'm cruising faydwer at the moment. Thanks goons!

• Locked thread