Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sub Rosa posted:

Part of this is learning more about her past, and I'm sure we will.

Indeed we will! When Taraji was absent from the PaleyFest panel it was due to her filming a flashback scene which will be shown in next week's episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Squidster posted:

PoI has gone to some dark places, but I don't think the writer's have shown any willingness to go that far. I'd prefer they didn't - it would be too grimdark for the show's tone.

However, she has moved to a new apartment recently, and there's been no signs of her son living there at all. Why'd she move? Where did Taylor go? I think she may have packed him up to go live with his father or other family - she knows that no one she's close to is safe anymore.

I'm pretty sure Taylor's dad is dead - wasn't he the soldier in the photo Carter had in the first season?

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.

Sarern fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 13, 2013

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Sarern posted:

I'm pretty sure Taylor's dad is dead - wasn't he the soldier in the photo Carter had in the first season?

You're probably right - I looked it up on the wiki, and it didn't say anything. Carter or her son would probably have mentioned something about a father if he was still alive. Still, she probably has some family somewhere to ship the dude off to.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Oasx posted:

Dear creators of Person of interest, there is more than one country in scandinavia, there is no reason to have the guy with the Danish accent be a Swede :colbert:

I feel you. Whenever a movie or show tries to do something 'Dutch', it inevitably turns into German (except if it's a huge production like Ocean's Twelve), Scandinavian or Eastern European.

I recently watched Hunted and there was a supposedly Dutch scientist. First of all, his name was Horst Goebel (which is a German name if anything, definitely not Dutch). Also, when he was supposedly speaking Dutch, it was like hearing Google Translate talk... :ughh:

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
nerds.

Who else things theyre going to bring.... Miguel Alvarez... back as a fixer like Zoe, the actor is good and I dont think he is doing much.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I would love to see Miguel Alvarez return, he did a really good job and his character was interesting. I mean, I'd love to see some more Leon too but Ken Leung is apparently busy with other projects.

Personally I really hope the writers don't go to the well of "let's kill Carter's son," that feels like a really cheap way to add "drama" to something that's already got plenty of actual drama to work with.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I'd completely forgotten that Carter even had a son.

The writers may have forgotten too honestly.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Having read the synopsis for next week's ep, I can assure you they haven't.

But they also mentioned him in lady killer this season.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Did not expect so much "holy gently caress" moments given the setup of the episode.

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005
Some of the cast and their stunt doubles:

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
The hair on Fusco's double is amazing.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Andnook posted:

Some of the cast and their stunt doubles:

That's some ponderous hair on Fusco2

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

5 spoilers about tomorrow's episode:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah I figured after seeing the Endgame arc preview it was snippets of all three episodes, so instead of OMG FUSCO'S FATE in one and done, they get to twist the knife maybe for as long as the three weeks will allow.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:THIS WEEK: THE THREE EPISODE MID SEASON FINALE EVENT BEGINS:siren:

:siren:Tonight's episode::siren: Endgame

Synopsis:The POI team’s war with HR nears a boiling point when Finch receives 38 numbers at once from The Machine. He discovers they are connected to an unknown player who is inciting an all-out war between the crime organization and the Russian mob. Meanwhile, a window into Carter’s past is seen through flashbacks with her son’s father.

Preview

Canadian Preview (you may not have seen this one if you are american.)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just finished the ep. loving awesome! Probably the best of the season so far. My god have they turned Carter into a badass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, that opening clip of the number was pretty great.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Sniper Rifle Override in the credits... yeah, I think we're officially done loving around.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
"That's my grenade launcher?"

He made it sound like someone just kicked his puppy.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Garbo posted:

"That's my grenade launcher?"

He made it sound like someone just kicked his puppy.

Good thing they bought Bear that protective vest.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

drat, Carter is such a badass. That smirk was awesome.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"Oh my god, that's Detective Carter."

Finch sounds positively scandalized :allears:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Ruined by the one bureaucrat who does follow-up work properly! :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Don't Finch and Reese have a judge in their pocket from several seasons ago when they rescued his kid?

terrordactle
Sep 30, 2013
It seems Carter chose poorly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Don't Finch and Reese have a judge in their pocket from several seasons ago when they rescued his kid?

Yep, and if she'd gone to them for help this part would've gone perfectly smoothly! I'm sure that was deliberate on the part of the writers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She has chosen... poorly.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

terrordactle posted:

It seems Carter chose poorly.

Yup. I'm really hoping that this is part of Carter's plan.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Garbo posted:

I can't imagine why it would be.

Am I thinking of a character's kid from a different show or has Carter's son really grown?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Game. loving. On.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE MAN IN THE SUIT DIES TONIGHT :black101:

Thank goodness Carter finally saw sense.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Simmons ain't coming out of this trilogy alive. I can't wait to see that fucker die.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Next week: "You ever play Arkham Origins? Yeah, it's kind of like that."

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Carter tripped so many death flags on that phone call. I thought for sure she was going to get shot when the headlights appeared behind her right before she drove away.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John's two gun style from that raid at the end was pretty badass.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

404GoonNotFound posted:

Next week: "You ever play Arkham Origins? Yeah, it's kind of like that."

I was thinking Assault on Precinct 13 but that works too.

For a brief, brief moment I actually thought the writers might kill Carter. The whole "a hero falls" thing in the preview for this episode made me think they might actually go for it after everyone's been bracing for something to happen to Fusco, but nope, last minute phone call saves the day. Still though, this is just the first act, two more to go.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah while Reese and Finch I'm pretty comfortable have plot armor, I at least think it's possible for one of the others to die, so this episode definitely sold the possibility of Carter dying. Though that would have been loving Breaking Bad level dark if she'd gotten shot right there.

Now back to worrying about Fusco.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kai Tave posted:

Alternatively, 16 Blocks. Fusco can be Mos Def.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Garbo posted:

I think it was part of her plan since she had Finch set up the recording and Reese on standby.

This show really is the gold standard on how competent characters should be. I'm glad that we had someone as smart as Carter still ask for help when she needed it.

Besides, the next two episodes are going to be a remaking of the Warriors as Reese and Carter rush to the FBI building on Coney Island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbo
May 30, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

For a brief, brief moment I actually thought the writers might kill Carter. The whole "a hero falls" thing in the preview for this episode made me think they might actually go for it after everyone's been bracing for something to happen to Fusco, but nope, last minute phone call saves the day. Still though, this is just the first act, two more to go.

I was absolutely sure for a few seconds she was going to start the monologue and then promptly get shot. This show has me on such an edge, and if every character gets through it alive I will be shocked.

• Locked thread