Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Thanks for the riot van autogaga - tank blew up after many tries to get it in haha. I appreciate all that time and help though and will steal a tank at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Finally reached the end of wave 10 in a survival mission with the help of someone from Awful Company whose name escapes me.

Hiding behind a dumpster for 20 minutes to get $20k :toot:

I hide behind dumpsters and get $20k plus the convenient bonus of not having to pay to buy a heavy sniper, combat MG, RPG, minigun, plus associated ammo. It works out. I will easily pull a profit in ammo alone, avoiding the weapon buy cost (one time only, at least) is nice too.

I've soloed one survival and done a group of 4 on two others. Once you figure the trick out (don't ever get cocky and go in the open) and it's pretty straightforward.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Thanks to all the goons who gave me commendations and got me out of dodgy player. Now I can go back to terrorizing pubbies without fear :unsmigghh:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sapient Afro posted:

Thanks to all the goons who gave me commendations and got me out of dodgy player. Now I can go back to terrorizing pubbies without fear :unsmigghh:

I still have no idea how to commend, and fell bad when people ask.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Inspector Hound posted:

I still have no idea how to commend, and fell bad when people ask.

Hit the start button,go to the online tab, then go to players, then hit "options" over whoever you want to commend.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

HiriseSoftware posted:

I'm at Tinsel Towers.

Edit: Well, that was two hours wasted. At least I was able to take out my frustrations for a few minutes on Los Santos' finest. But I still don't feel any better!

Buffy Wang on the scene for Weazel Action News!

The suspect:

He's seen here allegedly shooting a helicopter down in the middle of Alta Street, causing traffic congestion and frustrating the downtown commuters:

The search continues as emergency services respond:

titties fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 13, 2013

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Does anyone know when the dlc with the free vehicles comes out?

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Driving backwards in a armored adder shooting through the tiny back window is hilariously overpowered. Props to Kenneth########, whichever goon was riding shotgun, that was a blast. Those dudes were pissed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

titties posted:

The suspect:

He's seen here allegedly shooting a helicopter down in the middle of Alta Street, causing traffic congestion and frustrating the downtown commuters:

Best post.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Mr dread I had a fun time leveling last night.

If anyone wants help with missions or anything at this point I'm leveling up. I'm happy to help noobs. Message satchmo420 and indicate you're a goon. Level 73 so I have a grenade launcher and poo poo

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
kinghammer99 (I am forgetting a word in there, sorry) and I were tormenting two kids last night. They had a meet-cute at LCS and tried to team up after that. They kept making plans over the open mic and we just followed them around killing them.

Just goes to show - one of them was a level 80ish and astoundingly bad at free roam. He was shocked we were shooting at him.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Locobono posted:

Driving backwards in a armored adder shooting through the tiny back window is hilariously overpowered. Props to Kenneth########, whichever goon was riding shotgun, that was a blast. Those dudes were pissed.

It was me. That was a great time! What armor % is your Adder at? That thing was nearly unstoppable.

My favorite was the kid screaming, "WHO THE gently caress KEEPS KILLING ME!?!?!?" I am going to send you a friend invite on Xbox.

Also, to the member of GOON whose name was FishPond something or other, I wasn't planning to kill you at all. That is until you started hitting me with your night stick. I am not sure what was going on there.

Doomsday Jesus fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 13, 2013

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

titties posted:

The suspect:

Oh please more of this :love:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Really don't like the impounding in online. Second you fire a shot you get a wanted level, and if you're shooting you're in a position to die, car gone :(

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

Are we... long lost video-game-on-the-internet sisters?

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Nibbles141 posted:

Really don't like the impounding in online. Second you fire a shot you get a wanted level, and if you're shooting you're in a position to die, car gone :(

But with cars being impounded I get release my in game pyromaniac and torch cars just sitting there. Then drive down to the Mors Mutual depot and torch the same car again. I did that route for about 2 hours last night, racked up about 12 cars. Best was saw a guy sitting outside of the Ammunation right by the Mors Mutual depot in his Adder. I poured gas all over it and back fire lit it right as his buddy came running out. Later saw the same Adder at the impound and proceeded to torch it, I received many angry texts after that.

BTW sorry to any goons on PS3 who have had their car lit on fire by a guy in a black entity, adder, or blue sultan RS.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hiddenriverninja posted:

Are we... long lost video-game-on-the-internet sisters?

For all the excuses Rockstar made for their unconventional character creator, it doesn’t produce a lot of variety. Pretty much any character could pass for a cousin of any other.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Seeing those Weazel Action News shots made me think of what this game needs badly: Source Filmmaker.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

I sometimes feel bad when me and my crew go tearing rear end down the road spraying any white dot on the radar with an absurd amount of focused fired micro smg rounds but it's so loving funny every god drat time.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

titties posted:

The suspect:

Tears. Literal tears. That's top-notch A1 journalism right there.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

titties posted:

The suspect:

This post is the best post.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

BaconAndBullets posted:

But with cars being impounded I get release my in game pyromaniac and torch cars just sitting there. Then drive down to the Mors Mutual depot and torch the same car again. I did that route for about 2 hours last night, racked up about 12 cars. Best was saw a guy sitting outside of the Ammunation right by the Mors Mutual depot in his Adder. I poured gas all over it and back fire lit it right as his buddy came running out. Later saw the same Adder at the impound and proceeded to torch it, I received many angry texts after that.

I too, enjoy doing this so so much.

Mors is right around the corner of my apartment, so it's the first place to stop by.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I like to build a barrier using the cars at Mors. If it is locked to other players, I grab NPC cars and make a perimeter.

Then, I start a shoot out with the police and hunker down until they destroy the pubbie car, which is the one I am usually hiding directly behind.

Bonus points if they show up to collect the car, which they usually do if they notice another player lingering so long by their personal vehicle. Watching them try to fight through the police when I've got a 3 or 4 star wanted level is great.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Kelly posted:

I like to build a barrier using the cars at Mors. If it is locked to other players, I grab NPC cars and make a perimeter.

Then, I start a shoot out with the police and hunker down until they destroy the pubbie car, which is the one I am usually hiding directly behind.

Bonus points if they show up to collect the car, which they usually do if they notice another player lingering so long by their personal vehicle. Watching them try to fight through the police when I've got a 3 or 4 star wanted level is great.

These people are retarded. Why are they going to the insurance place? I don't even know where it is, every phone call right after Mors is to the mechanic to get the car delivered.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
That Surplus bonus was the perfect thing to get me playing again. Now that I have a cool apartment (Eclpise Towers) and a few cars off the street in my garage, I'm starting to have fun! Are El Caminos (Or whatever they're called in game) avaliable online? It's basically the one car I want, and I can't find one.

Mace Bacon fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 13, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mace Bacon posted:

Are El Caminos (Or whatever they're called in game) avaliable online? It's basically the one car I want, and I can't find one.

Yeah, they are. I don’t see them a lot, but I don’t look for them, either.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They usually spawn at night on the east side of the LS river. I had to search for one with a buddy. Fully upgraded they're still pretty big hunks of poo poo, I find

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

circ dick soleil posted:

Does anyone know when the dlc with the free vehicles comes out?

November 19th.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51796/gta-online-free-beach-bum-update-hits-next-week-new-weapons-vehi.html

Eh, I know it's free, and it's more stuff, but really it's just more crappy stuff I can't seem to care about. Another pistol I wouldn't use, a melee weapon that no-one will ever get to use online, a bunch of jobs that sound exactly like the existing jobs that I'm already bored to tears of.

On the plus side, it means we are one step closer to the content creator/heists stuff. So there'a that.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

titties posted:

The suspect:

Someone is getting promoted...

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

titties posted:

If you need some carnage footage to dub over, I got a capture card so I can provide you some.

If you're on PSN we could totally do a live report too :haw:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kameleon posted:

These people are retarded. Why are they going to the insurance place? I don't even know where it is, every phone call right after Mors is to the mechanic to get the car delivered.

If it's to their garage, I discovered you can seriously ruin someone's day by blocking the entrance to their garage with the riot van. I also learned that the riot van cannot outrun the tank.

Also, the AP Pistol takes 5 shots to explode someone's car? Got the first of hopefully many bad sport warnings for that.

geeves fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 13, 2013

Waco Panty Raid
Mar 30, 2002

I don't mind being a little pedantic.

geeves posted:

Also, the AP Pistol takes 5 shots to explode someone's car? Got the first of hopefully many bad sport warnings for that.
I've had some cars go up pretty quickly using the micro smg. Unsure if their cars were already beat to poo poo or there is a weak spot on some cars.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Waco Panty Raid posted:

I've had some cars go up pretty quickly using the micro smg. Unsure if their cars were already beat to poo poo or there is a weak spot on some cars.

Engine block. Which is a bitch if you are chasing someone in the Entity

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Landing on it will also instantly explode your car. Learned that when I was driving some random pubby to go get us a couple Lazers. We didn't even have time to get the five-star wanted level when I took the jump into the base incorrectly and put all the weight on the rear end end of my Entity XF.

e: I had him do the driving after that

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I just raced The Commute with 13 cars - I haven't had a race that crowded in awhile.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
As one of the first to present the idea of gassing cars and lighting them with backfire, I am pleased to announce a refinement:

You only need to dribble near the gas tank area with gas.

For most cars, this is on the rear driver's side door. You only need, maybe, 2 to 3 units of gas to get this going. After lighting the gas with backfire, the fire is neither big nor very noticeable. Most importantly, you might not even have to get on top of the car. This means more successful hit-and-runs at Ammu-nation or a clothing store.

Known exceptions to me are the Monroe, Sandking, Lazer, and other non-standard gas tank vehicles. These vehicles are done-in best with the current SOP at the engine.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

I just raced The Commute with 13 cars - I haven't had a race that crowded in awhile.

It's only crowded up to the first off ramp after the tunnel. If it's crowded for you after that right hand off ramp it means you are going to lose.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^^ It blows up too quickly for me to get a good pic when I do that though. ;)

A c E posted:

Engine block. Which is a bitch if you are chasing someone in the Entity
I'm pretty sure there's a gas cap on the back fender for some vehicles or something, because I've blown up a few cars in half a clip, while they were coming out of someone's garage and totally unscathed.

Psion posted:

I hide behind dumpsters and get $20k plus the convenient bonus of not having to pay to buy a heavy sniper, combat MG, RPG, minigun, plus associated ammo. It works out. I will easily pull a profit in ammo alone, avoiding the weapon buy cost (one time only, at least) is nice too.

I've soloed one survival and done a group of 4 on two others. Once you figure the trick out (don't ever get cocky and go in the open) and it's pretty straightforward.
Have you done this lately? Because I haven't been able to pick up anything but explosives and armor in survival, for a week or two.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Has anyone tried dropping a cigarette in a gas trail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BitBasher posted:

It's only crowded up to the first off ramp after the tunnel. If it's crowded for you after that right hand off ramp it means you are going to lose.

I was in 1st or 2nd the entire race, so I didn't have to deal with the unwashed masses in the back.

• Locked thread