Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

We would be losing out on them actually releasing new stuff on the VC.
They aren't actually releasing new stuff on the 3DS VC at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hold the presses, MMX2?!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought they had trouble emulating MMX2 because it had a weird custom chip for wire frame graphics. That's awesome! How it's in North America soon.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Goodpart posted:

Is there any reason to play e3 if you've played one of the other two? Strikes me as the same thing with a new hat on.

It's the same thing, yeah. Buy it if you played the other two and want more puzzles.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

greatn posted:

I thought they had trouble emulating MMX2 because it had a weird custom chip for wire frame graphics. That's awesome! How it's in North America soon.

No? Its been in Japan for a month or two now and it was even put up on the Wii VC near the end of last year. It worked fine there so I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work fine now.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Crawfish posted:

Picross e3 isn't bad, but the 3DS could really use some more VC releases.

Even if it's just NES stuff the Wii U already has, I mean it's been over a year, they may as well just put NES Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus up instead of weeks of straight up nothing.

... why would they put up games they already released? If anything that'd be worse than nothing. There are still games they haven't released yet, Nintendo should probably focus on those if they haven't just given up on VC already. Which they probably have but whatever.

No but seriously why would they put up games they've already released wouldn't they just put them on sale instead?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's another Nintendo Direct in ~12 hours from now; they say it'll be focused on upcoming 3DS stuff, but you never know. Shin'en is hinting at something, probably Jett Rockett 2 info.

Anyway, some interesting JP releases in the next week or two, including Picross e4 for 3DS and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SFC) for WU VC. I'd love to find out how Square-Enix decides which games to release on VC... it takes 'em forever just to release the FF games, and Dragon Quest hasn't ever appeared on the VC at all, but you better believe they're gonna release the hell out of Ogre Battle.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
edit: never mind, it started working correctly.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 13, 2013

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The first Jett Rocket was pretty bland but still a solid platformer and graphically very impressive for wiiware. I'm interested to see more of the sequel, Shinens sequels are always better.
F-Zero fans should keep an eye on another Shinen game in development- FAST Racing Neo, a sequel to their other wiiware graphical showcase.. Who knows, this might be the closest thing to F-Zero on WiiU we ever get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sNxZ7wcXyI
Also Child of Light continues to look amazing.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Anyway, some interesting JP releases in the next week or two, including Picross e4 for 3DS and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SFC) for WU VC. I'd love to find out how Square-Enix decides which games to release on VC... it takes 'em forever just to release the FF games, and Dragon Quest hasn't ever appeared on the VC at all, but you better believe they're gonna release the hell out of Ogre Battle.

Yeah, sorry, I'm willing to accept partial blame for this. I've been filling out practically every Virtual Console game survey on Club Nintendo with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE".

Now I'm going to have to fill out my Ogre Battle survey with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE 64" instead.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

According to today's Direct, an upcoming 3DS update is going to add Miiverse, as well as let you combine your balance between both eShops.

No mention of linking ownership of VC titles common between both eShops, so that's probably still not happening.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Other eShop-relevant news (for EU, anyway, haven't seen the NA Direct yet):

Here's the EU rundown:

-Bravely Default (3DS) demo out now! EN-only, full game will have seven languages.

-System update coming next month; will include NNID Wii U/3DS cross-compatibility (unified wallet), Miiverse, Youtube. About drat time!

-Jett Rocket 2 (3DS eShop) overview/trailer; 60FPS 3D is nice, I guess. Out now!

-eShop sizzle reel (Wii U/3DS): QUBE, Scram Kitty, Shantae 3, Armillo, Picross, Pier Solar, Putty Squad, Teslagrad, Treasurenauts, Wooden Sen'Sey, Retro City Rampage, UnEpic, Siesta Fiesta, Shovel Knight

-Nintendo Pocket Football Club (aka Calciobit) coming to 3DS eShop in 2014! Pseudo-retro soccer/management game, includes online play. Neat!

-Animal Crossing Plaza update (Wii U); they're adding the Miiverse stamps a la 3D World, and will be adding 'em to more games in future. Usable only in the communities of that specific game. Also adding regular Miiverse polls and other tweaks. Available tomorrow (November 14).

-Pikmin 3 (Wii U) DLC Volume 3 info; these levels will be all-new (beach stage! Christmas stage!) and include new objectives (hidden Louies?) 8 stages total, out December 2. Additional 2 free stages available on the same day via system update.

-Wii Fit U Trial (Wii U) overview; you dudes already know how this works, right?

-Wii Sports Club (Wii U) overview; same old, no new info.

The Timely Howard posted:

Yeah, sorry, I'm willing to accept partial blame for this. I've been filling out practically every Virtual Console game survey on Club Nintendo with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE".

Now I'm going to have to fill out my Ogre Battle survey with "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN OGRE BATTLE 64" instead.

Hey, don't apologise, it just baffles me that they're so consistent about re-releasing these games when they aren't doing anything with the franchise and it wasn't even theirs to begin with.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
To be honest a GBA Tactics Ogre rerelease for the 3DS would be amazing. Loved the heck out of that game. I picked up a GBA when it first came out because Nintendo Power teased that it would be released.

Edit: then again they need to start releasing GBA games to the console outside of Ambassador games for that to be a reality... :smith:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

The Timely Howard posted:

This is fine. DQ and FF are all over elsewhere. But OgreBattle :allears:

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
One of the games in the direct is available on the NA eshop

Jett Rocket II: the Wrath of Taikai for 8.99

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So the $89.xx I've got in my Wii U eShop account can be used on my 3DS sometime soon? If so, that's great. I had added $100 to my Wii U during that recent promotion, with the intention of slowly spending it on DLC and smaller eShop titles over the next couple of years. If I can spend that on 3DS it'll go to use much more quickly.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I should mention that there's a FAQ about the upcoming NNID-update. Points to highlight:
  • You can only have a NNID-account on just one (1) 3DS.
  • Got money in other currencies in your eShop? Better use them or lose them for good.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rexroom posted:

I should mention that there's a FAQ about the upcoming NNID-update. Points to highlight:
  • Got money in other currencies in your eShop? Better use them or lose them for good.

I'm not holding my breath, but I really really hope they get rid of the 5 lifetime console transfer limit with this.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Rexroom posted:

A combined balance seems pretty pointless if I still have to buy Zelda 1 three times on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
One thing about the Bravely Default demo that wasn't mentioned in the Direct is that certain things carry over to the full game, according to the demo itself these are a few exclusive items and residents of the streetpass town.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

Hey, don't apologise, it just baffles me that they're so consistent about re-releasing these games when they aren't doing anything with the franchise and it wasn't even theirs to begin with.

So many good licenses just ended up in the wrong place. I'm gonna start demanding Quintet games next!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Has anyone picked up Jett Rocket? I never played the WiiWare original, the sequel looks really good from the video on the eShop, though. Plenty of variety between platforming and shooter levels.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't sit up until 2AM waiting for the NOA press release this week, but I can tell you NA is getting Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (SNES) on the WU VC and River City Ransom (NES) on the 3DS VC, as well as Senran Kagura Burst on the 3DS eShop (plus Jett Rockett 2 which dropped last night.)

There's also a week-long Zelda VC sale in NA: Zelda (WU/3DS) and Zelda 2 (WU/3DS) will be $3.49 and Link's Awakening (3DS) will be $3.99 until the 21st. (Megaman sale next week!)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Looking forward to Chip's video of the Kotaku review of Senran Kagura Burst!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

NA is getting ... River City Ransom (NES) on the 3DS VC

It's the words I've been waiting to hear for months!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope they manage to release Mega Man five and six for WiiU for the sale next week, and Mega Man X2.

Ooh if they really want to shock me they can release the game boy games aside from just the first one. I'd buy em all for sure(maaaaaybe not the second one).

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

-System update coming next month; will include NNID Wii U/3DS cross-compatibility (unified wallet), Miiverse, Youtube. About drat time!

Nintendo of Japan had a mini-update today and it looks like the Youtube update is completely separate from the system update (as in, they said Youtube would launch mid-November which to me pretty much means "any day now" but next month for the system update)

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Is there support for 3D videos?

Edit: misread, thought you meant YouTube app was already available in Japan. The NOE direct said the same thing; YouTube by end of November, update in December.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We can put entire games on SD cards, right? Two gigs is more than my 3DS can seem to handle.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sex_Ferguson posted:

We can put entire games on SD cards, right? Two gigs is more than my 3DS can seem to handle.

Oh yeah. I have Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Animal Crossing on my SD card along with a bunch of eShop games.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

I can't sit up until 2AM waiting for the NOA press release this week, but I can tell you NA is getting Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (SNES) on the WU VC and River City Ransom (NES) on the 3DS VC, as well as Senran Kagura Burst on the 3DS eShop (plus Jett Rockett 2 which dropped last night.)

There's also a week-long Zelda VC sale in NA: Zelda (WU/3DS) and Zelda 2 (WU/3DS) will be $3.49 and Link's Awakening (3DS) will be $3.99 until the 21st. (Megaman sale next week!)

I'm betting the Megaman sale is why we're not getting X2 this week? gently caress I don't even care about the sale since I'm getting it for a $1.50 anyway but i bet that's not the case and they'll just discount the NES games and X1. This sucks, another week of nothing terribly interesting. :(

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
PAL update (week of November 14):

quote:

Wii U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - €44.99 / £39.99 (permanent price reduction)

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
Mega Man X2 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.79 until November 14, or €5.99 / £5.19 until November 14 for those who own Toki Tori on Wii U
Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until November 14
Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until November 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
Madagascar 3 & The Croods: Combo Pack (November 8) - €34.99 / £28.49
My Vet Practice 3D – In the Country - €29.99 / £34.99

3DS eSHOP
PICROSS e3 - €5.00 / £4.50
Secret Agent Files: Miami, Joindots - €7.99 / £6.99
Wakedas - €2.99 / £2.50
escapeVektor - €6.99 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until November 14
Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 21
Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28
Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
Bonanza Bowling (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
Gummi Bears - Mini Golf (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
Gummi Bears Magic Medallion (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14

NA update (week of November 14):

quote:

Wii U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games™ - $49.99
Zumba® Fitness World Party - $49.99
Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - $39.99
Barbie™ Dreamhouse Party™ - $29.99
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver™ - $39.99
Sonic Lost World™ – Demo Version - Free

Wii U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
Uncharted Waters™: New Horizons - $7.99

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
The Legend of Zelda - $3.49 until November 21
Zelda II - The Adventure of Link - $3.49 until November 21

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - $29.95
Senran Kagura Burst - $29.99
Frozen Olaf's Quest - $29.99
Girl's Fashion Shoot - $29.95
Hot Wheels World's Best Driver - $39.99
Sonic Lost World™ – Demo Version - Free
Barbie™ Dreamhouse Party™ - $29.99

3DS eSHOP
Secret Mysteries in New York - $5.99
World Conqueror 3D - $5.99
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $8.99

3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
River City Ransom - $4.99

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
The Legend of Zelda - $3.49 Until November 21
Zelda II - The Adventure of Link - $3.49 Until November 21
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - $3.99 Until November 21

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Yup, I have about 9 gigs of games on my 3DS, about 10 of which are full-budget games that are also available on cartridge.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Minor correction, Splinter Cell dropped to £37 not 40. So if £3 makes all the difference to you then go nuts.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 14):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - €44.99 / £39.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man X2 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Madagascar 3 & The Croods: Combo Pack (November 8) - €34.99 / £28.49
    My Vet Practice 3D – In the Country - €29.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    PICROSS e3 - €5.00 / £4.50
    Secret Agent Files: Miami, Joindots - €7.99 / £6.99
    Wakedas - €2.99 / £2.50
    escapeVektor - €6.99 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 21
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28

NA update (week of November 14):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics (November 15) - $49.99
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - $39.99 (November 19) - $39.99
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party (November 19) - $29.99
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver - $39.99
    Zumba Fitness World Party - $49.99
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until December 6
    The Legend of Zelda (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 21
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link (Wii U VC) - $3.49 until November 21

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Senran Kagura Burst - $29.99
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - $39.99 (November 19) - $29.95
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party (November 19) - $29.99
    Frozen Olaf's Quest - $29.99
    Girl's Fashion Shoot - $29.95
    Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver - $39.99
    Sonic Lost World (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $8.99
    World Conqueror 3D - $5.99
    Secret Mysteries in New York - $5.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    River City Ransom (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 21
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link (3DS VC) - $3.49 until November 21
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (3DS VC) - $3.99 until November 21
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $10 off game until November 18
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $10 off game until November 18
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until November 27
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Style: Cubello (WiiWare) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Dillon's Rolling Western (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    Metroid (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 8
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 8

(just noticed bpc908 had me covered, thanks duderino!)

Heads up on the new Adventure Time game: the 3DS version supposedly has no multiplayer mode whatsoever, which seems like a dealbreaker for a Gauntlet-style game.

Also, a reminder that NES games on the 3DS VC do have local multiplayer via Download Play, so you can definitely play River City Ransom in co-op. (Game Gear games do it, too, it's only GB/C games that don't.)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 15, 2013

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Also, a reminder that NES games on the 3DS VC do have local multiplayer via Download Play, so you can definitely play River City Ransom in co-op. (Game Gear games do it, too, it's only GB/C games that don't.)

I had no idea any of the Game Gear games even had multiplayer (That is, that any of them were even 2-player games originally). Kind of sad that the GBC ones don't. (Or GBA...!)

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Also, a reminder that NES games on the 3DS VC do have local multiplayer via Download Play, so you can definitely play River City Ransom in co-op.

:sbahj:
Great, now I have to get my brother a 2DS for christmas.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Dumb question about that: are there any multiplayer GB/C games on the device yet? I don't recall seeing any.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Edoraz posted:

Dumb question about that: are there any multiplayer GB/C games on the device yet? I don't recall seeing any.

Puzzle games mostly (Tetris and Dr. Mario being the big ones), and a few things like Double Dragon's VS mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

irlZaphod posted:

Has anyone picked up Jett Rocket? I never played the WiiWare original, the sequel looks really good from the video on the eShop, though. Plenty of variety between platforming and shooter levels.
Quoting this since it seems to have been missed (or no-one has played it yet).