Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Onean posted:

Wouldn't you be awkward if you just walked in on your friend, who you previously thought straight, kissing someone of the same sex?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tollymain posted:

Yeah my money is on Kat thinking it's gonna be some big deal and Annie just being like "so why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend now? :allears::allears::allears:"

Somehow I don't think Annie really cares about that scene other than "whoops, intruding on a personal moment, exit stage right"

Yeah, if anything it seems like Annie would get upset about not realising Kat had a girlfriend in the first place, or maybe awkward about the Eglamore teasing earlier.

Love this chapter :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah pretty much what Rumda said/edited. There are better times to hang out than when a friend is getting their snog on :v:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Annie is secretly in love with Kat Paz.

The next strip is a reprint of this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kennel posted:

Annie is secretly in love with Kat Paz.

The next strip is a reprint of this.

Ah crap I wanted to post exactly that.

Any time a low-detail version of a character appears it's the best thing. Tom is just so good at conveying emotions with those.

vvvvvvvv what a great avatar/post combo

Kikas fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 13, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In a horrifying and shocking twist Annie is in fact extremely homophobic and this is about to become a very different kind of story.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

She doesn't seem at all bothered by Zimmy and Gamma. Well, not for that reason anyway.

She's friendly towards Gamma, at least. :v:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The bonus page for this chapter:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

VanSandman posted:

Their last name was mentioned in the chapter where Kat gets the idea for the bird wing thing, by Robot.

Her name is Paz Cadena-Blanco. Peace Chain-White.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tom is just going to copy and paste comments about the last few pages as their dialog the next time they meet.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Nitrousoxide posted:

Tom is just going to copy and paste comments about the last few pages as their dialog the next time they meet.

So Annie's gonna gush about how adorable a couple they are?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Wyld Karde posted:

So Annie's gonna gush about how adorable a couple they are?

If Annie uses the phrase "the feels" at any point I hope Kat gives her a corrective throttling

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Someone posted the lyrics to Closeface with the name Morel Orel, that commenter wins for Good Comment

Oh and

quote:

Oh great Kat, now you have to explain homosexuality to the robots. This is exactly what the Tea Party is afraid of.

On the other end of the spectrum

quote:

You know I'm starting to get a bad tast in my mouth. I have this sinking feeling that Paz is, like many others have said, working for the "bad guy". I fear she was just sent in to cast a rift between Annie and Kat becuase whoever this "bad guy(s)" is(are) knows that together they are a good team. I really hope I am wrong.
bet this guy is a This Troper

Also several people are excited because they interpret Annies reaction as "jealousy" :jerkbag:

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Now I'm wondering again about the heart on Kat's shirt here. I hope it's not a broken heart. :ohdear:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This chapter hadn't been tugging at my heart strings like it has for the rest of you (because I'm a jaded bitter person), but I'm glad that she didn't go after Annie. I was worried that when this happened she would freak out and withdraw from Paz, but at least that didn't happen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Also several people are excited because they interpret Annies reaction as "jealousy" :jerkbag:

I could see jealousy developing, in the sense that when you are a teenager, it kinda sucks when your best friend gets a girlfriend and now you two can't just hang out together like you used to.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rita Repulsa posted:

Those people obviously don't have friends. Who hasn't walked in on your friend making out with their Girlfriend/boyfriend. You don't say anything, that would be rude, you just slide right back out of that room.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I bet Annie was giggling like a maniac as she ran away.
Although I could see it become a plot point later that Annie feels a bit lonely now that everyone her age she hangs out with is getting all into one another and stuff.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm voting on friday's strip being just Annie running through the court halls, just giggling like a maniac.

Either that, or several panels of little robots looking on and back at each other, awkwardly.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Either that, or several panels of little robots looking on and back at each other, awkwardly.

"Uh... Miz Donlan, Miz Donlan..."

Miz Donlan Bot is one of my fave bots. Post yer fave Kriggbot ITT.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Boxbot :colbert:

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Blackheart posted:

"Should we tell her Boxbot burned up before the Halon deployed?"

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

TastesLikeChicken posted:

Now I'm wondering again about the heart on Kat's shirt here. I hope it's not a broken heart. :ohdear:

I dunno, I want to say it's like some symbol of 'love as a warding sigil' since it's similar in design to the anti-possession sigils the Donlans have for Potential Reynardine Shenanigans and hearts are a universal symbol of love and whatnot. Maybe I'm just being optimistic though. :ohdear:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yeah. Boxbot might have a bad rep, but I like the little dude. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't stop snickering at the robots just standing there. Watching.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, I'm voting on friday's strip being just Annie running through the court halls, just giggling like a maniac.

Annie will run into BirdBoy (who has been stalking Kat all this time) and, together, they shall plot Paz's demise; turns out Annie's the bad guy and the comic ends in a brawl between a Phoenix and a flying RoboGod.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Dr Pepper posted:

I can't stop snickering at the robots just standing there. Watching.

Maybe it will turn into this

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
What are the odds Annie just saw an opportunity to copy more homework?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Glagha posted:

Maybe it will turn into this

Or perhaps this?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rotinaj posted:

Yeah. Boxbot might have a bad rep, but I like the little dude. :colbert:

Hah, just kidding! Trap sprung.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

bathroomrage posted:

I dunno, I want to say it's like some symbol of 'love as a warding sigil' since it's similar in design to the anti-possession sigils the Donlans have for Potential Reynardine Shenanigans and hearts are a universal symbol of love and whatnot. Maybe I'm just being optimistic though. :ohdear:

It looks more like a heart mixed with the circle with a line through it. I'm with the theory that there's gonna be some conflict with the robots because they know Diego loved Jeanne and then he killed her, and they don't want their new creator figure to end up like him.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Holy hell this was a great update. How funny would it be if Annie got into The Cure?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Annie just has a very rational fear of body-snatching pod-people.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

seravid posted:

Annie will run into BirdBoy (who has been stalking Kat all this time)

Nah, last news about him was that he got ambushed by rook men while trying to bring back from a ruin he discovered a legendary sword to his village.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Prison Warden posted:

I could see jealousy developing, in the sense that when you are a teenager, it kinda sucks when your best friend gets a girlfriend and now you two can't just hang out together like you used to.
I think it's jealousy in the sense that "wait I don't have anyone why don't I have anyone oh crap I always knew there was something wrong with me now even Kat has someone and she didn't even try"
In my experience, those are most teenage thoughts that can happen right now.

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 13, 2013

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Blackheart posted:

Maybe she'll be a little embarrassed because she was trying to slip off before she was noticed, but yes. Mostly giggling.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

AE-35 Unit posted:

Miz Donlan Bot is one of my fave bots. Post yer fave Kriggbot ITT.

That's an easy one.

Onean posted:

Wouldn't you be awkward if you just walked in on your friend, who you previously thought straight, kissing someone of the same sex?

Someone on Tumblr made a very good point about this: Take a moment and think about how this all looked from Annie's perspective. She sees smoke on the horizon in the direction of the lab, so she hurries over there, probably scared out of her wits... to see that everything's on fire, her best friend is making out with her other good friend, and all the robots have gathered to watch them in awe. What in the actual poo poo.

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sounds like a hot date.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'd imagine the confrontation's gonna look something like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Antimony shouldn't be surprised, her friend is a scientist; they like to experiment.