Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

zari-gani posted:

So it's finally been revealed! I drew one of the movie posters. Kan uploaded a larger pic on his Twitter:

That's not all I'm doing for GCCX though. More to come.

No SA reference, voted 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
This is so awesome! I hope this could be made available as a full size poster... Germany needs GCCX stuff too! :-D

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Not sure about the availability of a poster. At the least, you might be able to find some flyers for it on eBay? They don't tell me about the products they're going to make with my art. I'd like a poster too! They haven't released the version with the movie logo and tagline yet but it looks so cool with those added on.

In response to the art release, Arino tweeted with "Thank you Nina smooch smooch!" :stare:

Another event notice:

"Game Center CX Arino on 3rd Street" Launch
January 26, 2014 (Sunday)

Locations:
- Sapporo: Namco Wonder Park
- Sendai: Namco Land Base 765
- Tokyo: Bandai Namco Games Corporate Lab
Event times TBA.

Starting November 22, 10AM, tickets available online at Bandai Namco LaLaBit Market by purchasing "'Game Center CX Arino on 3rd Street' Bandai Namco Special Event Ticket Package".

Is Arino going on another frantic one-day tour via plane this time?
ETA: Kan tweeted that a very limited number of people can go on this tour, and they aren't yet sure if Arino can come or not.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 13, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Someone asked XSEED on their Facebook about localizing the 3rd game and they said "Nobody would be happier than us to publish it, but our bank would cry..." which probably equates to "not happening." gently caress. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're putting their resources into games people actually want, like Valhalla Knights 3 and Senran Kagura.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're putting their resources into games people actually want, like Valhalla Knights 3 and Senran Kagura.

I love XSEED, if only for Falcom games, but.. Christ, when you put it that way..

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Zeether posted:

Someone asked XSEED on their Facebook about localizing the 3rd game and they said "Nobody would be happier than us to publish it, but our bank would cry..." which probably equates to "not happening." gently caress. :(

That would be me, I still don't understand why they can't take the Dual Destinies way and release on the eShop

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

bpc908 posted:

That would be me, I still don't understand why they can't take the Dual Destinies way and release on the eShop

Even without the costs of physical manufacturing, they probably still wouldn't sell enough copies to make up for the localization costs. Not just the cost of translation, but stuff like licensing fees for the right to the Game Center CX/Retro Game Master property, fees to Nintendo to release a game on their platform, etc. All those costs pile up, and something like this is likely far less popular than Dual Destinies, which itself needed to be a digital release for Capcom to consider it potentially profitable.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

"Game Center CX Arino on 3rd Street"

Arino play Saints Row please.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Hey folks, here is season eleven. All previous episodes can be found here.
Unfortunately, I'm at 80% of my data cap and still have two weeks to go. This means I won't be uploading any more episodes until my cap ticks over on the 28th, sorry.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

You're delusional if you don't think Senran Kagura has a bigger market niche than GCCX 3DS.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The movie production committee is looking for the fan's favorite lines from the the show to be printed in the booklet that will be sold when the movie opens. Lines from Arino, ADs, the staff, creators interviewed, etc are all okay. Tweet them with the hashtag #gccxパンフ until November 18th. Also, the Budokan event airs on January 1st at 00:05.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 13, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
XSEED is also owned by Marvelous, who also own Senran Kagura. So that may not have been up to them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dual Destinies came up once again as an example of digital distribution being a viable alternative.
That was done because AA5 would be a commercial failure as a physical release despite having an English speaking following GCCX can only dream of and 5 previous English game releases in the franchise, alongside its protagonist starring in Marvel vs Capcom 3 or the re-release of it.

The only way that GCCX 3DS would get a eShop release would be if it were Kickstarted or something. It might be worth suggesting to companies who may be interested in localising it, but I think a lot of people would be surprised at the goal they'd need to set for it in the offchance they said yes, we'll start a Kickstarter.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 13, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Katana Gomai posted:

You're delusional if you don't think Senran Kagura has a bigger market niche than GCCX 3DS.

You're delusional if you think anyone who wants Senran Kagura shouldn't be murdered in their sleep, but that's neither here nor there.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You're delusional if you think anyone who wants Senran Kagura shouldn't be murdered in their sleep, but that's neither here nor there.

"Hmm... I have no idea what this game they're talking about is..." [Google]

:stare:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Random Stranger posted:

"Hmm... I have no idea what this game they're talking about is..." [Google]

:stare:

I was just about to make this exact post, but yes. I am horrified. :stare:

There is little justice in this world.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
But it looks pretty fun!

Wait, where are you guys going? Hey dont lock that door! STOP!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Aurain posted:

The only way that GCCX 3DS would get a eShop release would be if it were Kickstarted or something. It might be worth suggesting to companies who may be interested in localising it, but I think a lot of people would be surprised at the goal they'd need to set for it in the offchance they said yes, we'll start a Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is not a magical game-happening device, especially when two very large, very Japanese, very hard-to-convince companies are the gatekeepers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

rdbbb posted:

Kickstarter is not a magical game-happening device, especially when two very large, very Japanese, very hard-to-convince companies are the gatekeepers.

That's precisely the point I'm making.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Fiar enough, I guess I was saying it vicariously, or something.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
The new episode from /vr/, Karnov, is out! https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu5jbsvssikq8cn/Game%20Center%20CX%20%23146%20-%20Karnov.mp4

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is their first full-length subbed episode, right? Can't wait to see it! Kakaricho, give my thanks to the whole subbing group.

I liked the game a lot, it's just too bad it never got a European release (despite the US version starring a fire-breathing Russian strongman!) I will probably pick up a copy if/when I can run it on the speed it was intended.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
VRGCCX's subs are good stuff! Congrats on another release, Kakaricho.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Awesome, I really wanted to see that one.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
"Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Can someone stick it on Nyaa or something?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Someone needs to put it up on Mega, who have more bandwidth than god (seriously, no logins and I pull down almost 3MB/s sometimes). Dropbox is nice for sharing with 1-2 people, but the moment you have more than a dozen or two recipients, it locks itself down.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'm currently upping the Karnov episode to my Mediafire account, where it should stay longer. Give it about 2 hours.

Also, VR-GCCX has hit somewhat of a snag with our subber/encoder quitting, citing external drama and burn-out as his reasons, which leaves us with basically nothing but Kakaricho and the people in the 4chan threads. Time will tell where this goes.

EDIT: Finished my upload:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/7qctcimh75dpn42/Game_Center_CX_%23146_-_Karnov.mp4.001
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7z5pjaec5004gao/Game_Center_CX_%23146_-_Karnov.mp4.002
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n063ef94c2at4ie/Game_Center_CX_%23146_-_Karnov.mp4.003

Join with HJSplit.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 14, 2013

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

^^
e: Mega sucks rear end, so I'll put it on Mediafire as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cwimfg9lih0qimb

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 13, 2013

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Okay, I've asked a couple times if someone could set up torrents of the shows somewhere other than Alluvion, with no response. So seems like it's time to change tacks. Is there any reason I shouldn't set up torrents of the shows somewhere other than Alluvion? My bandwidth kinda sucks, but I can at least start things if no one else wants to...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Okay, I've asked a couple times if someone could set up torrents of the shows somewhere other than Alluvion, with no response. So seems like it's time to change tacks. Is there any reason I shouldn't set up torrents of the shows somewhere other than Alluvion? My bandwidth kinda sucks, but I can at least start things if no one else wants to...

It's something that needs to be done but I want to do it in season blocks and that means dedicating a lot of time in my painfully slow upstream bandwidth to getting them seeded and I have other work that often requires my bandwidth. If you want to do it then feel free, it would be a definite load off of me.

And to add something else here, I just wrapped up the next video that I worked on and it's gone off to proofing. It's going to be a big episode for people.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 13, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Am I the only one who can't load mediafire?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

It's something that needs to be done but I want to do it in season blocks and that means dedicating a lot of time in my painfully slow upstream bandwidth to getting them seeded and I have other work that often requires my bandwidth. If you want to do it then feel free, it would be a definite load off of me.

Would putting them up on The Pirate Bay with PublicBitTorrent as a tracker be good, or should I look elsewhere?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Would putting them up on The Pirate Bay with PublicBitTorrent as a tracker be good, or should I look elsewhere?

I don't have any objection to methods. We've been using nyaa since its both convenient and minimizes any potential mod issues but use what's comfortable for you.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The next challenge is Aigiina no Yogen: From the Legend of Balubalouk on the NES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigiina_no_Yogen:_From_the_Legend_of_Balubalouk

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

I don't have any objection to methods. We've been using nyaa since its both convenient and minimizes any potential mod issues but use what's comfortable for you.

Well, as I was writing a reply to this post, my monitor died, so... :doh: (On my parents' laptop now, but I can't exactly torrent from that!)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kakaricho posted:

The next challenge is Aigiina no Yogen: From the Legend of Balubalouk on the NES.

Of course! That was my second guess. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

That's a unique choice. :v:

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Kakaricho posted:

That thing looks GLORIOUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
I've never created torrents, but I'll do my best to create individual season torrents for everything and put it up on nyaa.

EDIT:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7

I'm not trying to murder my bandwidth (I'm not the only one using this internet after all) so this will have to be it for today. I'm gonna make the other torrents but I won't put them up until I have some seeders on the seven I've hosted already.

MaskedTai fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 14, 2013