Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
He'll take you out alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
So awkward

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So I guess Felicity and Ollie is a thing now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Oliver. Of course it was a trap.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I wonder if he can make it out alive :downs:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

muscles like this? posted:

Poor Oliver. Of course it was a trap.

After all the poo poo he went threw his first few months on the island. You would think he'd have seen it coming.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't like Sara anymore. :colbert:
Bring on Laurel, I say.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

NutritiousSnack posted:

I wonder if he can make it out alive :downs:

Oliver get's killed by Sarah the very next flashback. Lost logo comes on the screen :tviv:

Oliver's "no kill" rule isn't really in effect in Russia.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 14, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is pretty funny that Sara left the present story line but she's still on the show since she's involved with his flashback.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
In all seriousness last season was fun, and great in the second half but drat this season has been firing on all cylinders.

muscles like this? posted:

It is pretty funny that Sara left the present story line but she's still on the show since she's involved with his flashback.

They're laying out seeds for next season since their already using her for the island flashback this season. Smart move, storywise and financially

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 14, 2013

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's kind of interesting that they came up with a mostly plausible reason for Diggle and Deadshot to work together.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahahaha, that was awesome.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Did they just murder four guards?

E: six

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Oh, Oliver, falling for the same trick twice? You didn't learn anything from Shado's dad, eh? Fun to watch his slow, slow progress.

How's Ollie's Russian? As someone who knows almost nothing about the language it sounds cool to me, but I'm sure it's far from perfect. Is it at least, like, not terrible? Glau supposedly has a good Russian accent, though it doesn't look like they're giving her a lot of chance to use it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
They're just going to kick out deadshot, hahaha

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

JohnSherman posted:

What happens in Russia stays in Russia.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hive! :tviv:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
HIVE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HIVE?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JohnSherman posted:

Hey, they didn't know the guards were going to be trying on jackets!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My tv cut out because my cable is lovely, right at the Diggle / Deadshot convo what happened?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

My tv cut out because my cable is lovely, right at the Diggle / Deadshot convo what happened?

Deadshot told Dig that his brother wasn't collateral damage like he thought, instead someone hired Deadshot to kill him specifically. Someone going by the codename HIVE.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollismason posted:

HIVE put the hit on Diggle's brother. Probably sets up present day Slade in the future.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Another group in the Bad Guy column then.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
For those curious and unaware regarding HIVE.

It stands for Hierarchy of International Vengeance and Extermination. Its an evil group with notable members including Deathstroke (Slade) and Talia Al'Ghul.

Also notable is that in the Teen Titan tv series, Hive was supervillian academy that was for a period run by Brother Blood.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, The National.

Dig, you can't just internet search bad guys!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
B.I.N.G.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Bing! Your search engine for Supervillian organizations everywhere!

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Somehow Diggle knows its an acronym.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How did he know it was an acronym? :confused:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Next week is gonna ROCK

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, Count Vertigo is back!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Next week looks good. This week was super interesting we had Green Arrow at the very beginning but otherwise Oliver wasn't in costume. REally drat good episode.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ugh, please tone down the melodrama between Felicity and Ollie.

That's such a predictable hook-up that I don't want happening.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

VBane posted:

Somehow Diggle knows its an acronym.

Doesn't matter he was using BING! With its advanced search abilities it probably gave him a link to their secret server. Hahahhah sorry I just love that type of product placement. I hope Ollie does his next work out listening to his Zune.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really wish they'd put the option of just watching all of the Island stuff sequentially somewhere, like on a DVD or Itunes or somewhere.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Deakul posted:

That's such a predictable hook-up that I don't want happening.

I don't mind it happening if they don't prolong the song and dance and make it the typical will they won't they thing.

EDIT
I find it interesting this season is setting the up the existence of super powers quite subtly.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 14, 2013

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

This episode was weird and everyone seemed out of character. Somehow exploding and mowing down russian prison guards is totally ok despite Ollie changing his ways (especially considering those guards aren't "bad guys"), Diggle just letting Deadshot go for no reason whatsoever (inevitably for him to end up in his old profession). Seriously, how many innocent people died/will die in the Arrowverse because of Diggle's actions in this episode?

Then of course, the Felicity drama, ughh. Up until this point she's always made the double entendres, Ollie doesn't take them seriously, everyone has a good laugh etc. But this episode has clearly established Ollie and Felicity as a thing, and it's totally and completely unnecessary.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Didn't someone post an interview in the first season thread from the creators/writers that she was going to be a romantic interest for the second season, or was that some kind of weird fever dream. Doesn't really bother me, as long as it's not too drawn out. I'm more concerned with them having Ollie bounce back between her, Laurel, and whoever else they add to the show later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)
Is the leg shot of Waller at the start of this episode supposed to tell us that she was also the pair of legs from the end of season 1?

• Locked thread