Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mercury Crusader posted:

Add this to the OP:

Seconded. Its like the shawarma scene at the end of Avengers. First its funny, then it goes on too long, then it managed to cycle back to funny again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

/\/\/\ - Beaten
Up now - Jade Empire: Special Edition.

Hope this comes back. :smith:

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
I swear I saw the number jump up for a second. No one wants you Jack Keane.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
:siren: Jack Keane 2 has sold a copy! :siren:

82 left :)

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

$12 for a game nobody really knows about doesn't work for an event completely based on impulse purchases...

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Well a lot more people know about it now. Perhaps not for the best of reasons though.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
well I'm glad it's keeping me from spending more money on games I want to collect and never really play... :P I'm also glad I missed everything that went on throughout the day because of work.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Call Me Charlie posted:

:siren: Jack Keane 2 has sold a copy! :siren:

82 left :)

Image has been updated to reflect this turn of events.

I wonder if they're gonna manually move on to the next game or just let that sit there until the sale time period is over.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, it sold one more copy.

DOUBLE EDIT: AND ANOTHER COPY!

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Holy poo poo it is down to 80!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

We're down to 80. Maybe some people are feeling adventurous. Or in this case, desperate.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Jack Keane 2 is holding the deals hostage, but we don't negotiate with terrorists.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
Is Jack Keane actually bad or are people just pissed it's holding up the sale?

They really should run these on a timer though, geez.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I wonder if they have deals like this one added in to buy time when poo poo on the site needs a quick fix.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Mercury Crusader posted:

Image has been updated to reflect this turn of events.

I wonder if they're gonna manually move on to the next game or just let that sit there until the sale time period is over.

It's down to 80 and I am barely restraining hysterical laughter. After all of those games that sold it in under a minute (not the freebies, the actual for money ones) and this one is just a huge blockade. I bought it a while back for the posted price, I think, but it's just too funny.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2 was kind of on the easy side. I really liked the tense chases you could get up to in AC1.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Purple D. Link posted:

It's a relatively unknown point-and-click game for the super low sale price of twelve loving dollars. On a GOG sale. No one wants to bother with it at that price.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

At this rate, maybe it'll go on for 8 hours and no longer be an Insomnia Sale for some of us!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Purple D. Link posted:

They really should run these on a timer though, geez.

I don't think people want to impulse-purchase an unknown point-and-click adventure priced at $12. Especially when there are games they could be selling for like $2 that people actually want.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

e: wrong thread

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
True, true, didn't think about the price.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mercury Crusader posted:

God bless those people for ironically buying Jack Keane 2

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I actually liked AC1, it was really uneven true, but the Templars were actually morally gray instead of goofy mustache twirlers and it was more of a stealth game than what came later. I still really liked 2 and Brotherhood and I would totally recommend them over 1, but I still enjoyed playing despite the hate it got. It's also the only AC game that actually lets you kill as many people as you want once you beat the game. (I don't why they ever cut this.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Accordion Man posted:

I actually liked AC1, it was really uneven true, but the Templars were actually morally gray and it was more of a stealth game than what came later. I still really liked 2 and Brotherhood and I would totally recommend them over 1, but I still enjoyed playing despite the hate it got.

It really wasn't. A big part of AC1 was that the Assassin's made big showy displays of their kills, they just managed to get away without being captured. AC2 and onwards regularly had sections telling you that you'd fail if you were so much as seen by guards.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Mercury Crusader posted:

I don't think people want to impulse-purchase an unknown point-and-click adventure priced at $12. Especially when there are games they could be selling for like $2 that people actually want.
Either that or the original Jack Keane burned people so badly that they don't want to take a risk on the sequel.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's getting to the point where I'm seriously contemplating buying a copy just to move things along.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

good news, the blockage slowly is being moved.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Alright, how many of you are just buying copies out of pity? Fess up.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

How long has this sale been running and how much longer will it go on for? I feel like I got cheated out of some goodies because of time zones... (I slept before GOG told me not to)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It really wasn't. A big part of AC1 was that the Assassin's made big showy displays of their kills, they just managed to get away without being captured. AC2 and onwards regularly had sections telling you that you'd fail if you were so much as seen by guards.
Yeah, how I should have worded was it was cool that you actual set-up the assassinations, they were kind of repetitive mini-games mind you, but they really could have improved on the idea but they just dropped it entirely.

jivjov posted:

It's getting to the point where I'm seriously contemplating buying a copy just to move things along.
Don't, you fall for their trap...

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
I would wager that gog is just moving the number down slowly, I can't imagine there are that many people willing to drop $12 to move the sale forward after we already saw the entire sale.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I hope people 8 to 10 hours ahead are waking up with a hunger for Jack Keane.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, how I should have worded was it was cool that you actual set-up the assassinations, they were kind of repetitive mini-games mind you, but they really could have improved on the idea but they just dropped it entirely.

Fair enough, and I do agree. They couldn't really do anything open-ended because of the framing device being that you're following exactly what Altair/Ezio/Connor did because it's their memories though. If you want something that does actually build on that concept, give Dishonored a look if you haven't played it.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Xotl posted:

I hope people 8 to 10 hours ahead are waking up with a hunger for Jack Keane.

11:48am here. We are not impressed by this sale.

I'd never heard of this game. The first review is 2 stars and says "Poor controls, a bad translation, terrible dialogue, weak voice acting, graphic and audio bugs and visually it looks like a game from 5-10 years ago."

And it's $11.99 even on sale? Unlucky, GOG - maybe even bad move? This delay is preventing other things from going on sale and hence, obviously, costing them money. They should run multiple games concurrently, or have a timer for sure.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 14, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BadAstronaut posted:

2:49pm here, and we are not amused.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

BadAstronaut posted:

I'd never heard of this game. The first review is 2 stars and says "Poor controls, a bad translation, terrible dialogue, weak voice acting, graphic and audio bugs and visually it looks like a game from 5-10 years ago."

And it's $11.99 even on sale? Bad move, GOG.
What are you, afraid of adventure?

Don't deny the fire within.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fair enough, and I do agree. They couldn't really do anything open-ended because of the framing device being that you're following exactly what Altair/Ezio/Connor did because it's their memories though. If you want something that does actually build on that concept, give Dishonored a look if you haven't played it.
Oh I bought Dishonored when it came out, its one of my favorite games. Ultimately I'm not really disappointed that the AC games aren't stealth I always saw them as platfomers where you shank people from time to time and I love me some platformers.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

What's the return policy like? Maybe someone can buy 71 copies and return them tomorrow :v:

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Yeah but it's got a 4 star rating :v:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Also, the third review:

Jack Keane review on GOG posted:

Here we have an adventure game with decent puzzles and great, well-stylized graphics, but a maybe just a little too much padding and fluff.
Enough with that, though. Can 83 people just buy it already?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I can't wait for the revelation that this is actually the last game of the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Toadsniff posted:

Yeah but it's got a 4 star rating :v:

And on GOG that might as well be "this is the worst game in history".

fake edit: Holy poo poo, down to 70! Only five more hours to go!