Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Soulex posted:

Usually when I say that it has to deal with a terminology. For instance, Dench, Bike kick, two foot, etc. Slang changes from region to region. Fanny is a butt in America but it isn't that way in England. I thought it was one of those things. We two countries have a different way of saying somethings.

There isn't a need to overreact as I have asked plenty of questions here without the preface "sorry to be American but..."

And yeah, I'm new to football. It's the first sport I've actually really liked. So naturally I want to get as involved as I can. Regardless if it gets me labeled a plastic or not. I watch "my team" read the news, and make it a point to learn the rules. Hell, I even played before I was diagnosed with exercised induced compartment syndrome in my legs.

So please ease up. I could say a joke about how Americans are always loving rude, but I don't think it would go over with you. A lack of knowledge isn't ignorance. The refusal to learn is.

Don't worry. I love your enthusiasm and appreciate for The Beautiful Game. You're also a bit spazzy but seem like a good guy Soulex and also really like Fiorentina so please, post some pictures of them that you've gained over your travels the past year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

tbp posted:

Don't worry. I love your enthusiasm and appreciate for The Beautiful Game. You're also a bit spazzy but seem like a good guy Soulex and also really like Fiorentina so please, post some pictures of them that you've gained over your travels the past year or so.

Thanks.

I have plenty of pictures of Florence but none at the Artemio Franchi. My wife and I visit there a few times a year, but she either schedules it in the summer, or during away games/international breaks. She forgot to ask every time and essentially told me when the plans were made and her family had taken that time off of work. That or we aren't in Florence long enough because we are on the way to Albania. She always felt bad, especially when they were going to play the day of us leaving. This is 2 years, and I've only really been involved in La Viola for part of that. The distance away is the hardest part.

To make up for that, she told me to schedule vacation this year. So I will be seeing Livorno, Atalanta and Inter at home. My brother in law works right outside the Duomo so he actually ends up seeing a lot of players and management. Batistuta actually came to his restaurant and got a picture with him a few months back.

The only real game I have seen that wasn't local german leagues was a German International game. Kinda wanting my first club game to be with La Viola. I mean I could always find tickets for nurnberg but come on....it's nurnberg. Plus I don't like that city.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

John Terry's Favourite XI.

Title already taken:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

Thanks.

I have plenty of pictures of Florence but none at the Artemio Franchi. My wife and I visit there a few times a year, but she either schedules it in the summer, or during away games/international breaks. She forgot to ask every time and essentially told me when the plans were made and her family had taken that time off of work. That or we aren't in Florence long enough because we are on the way to Albania. She always felt bad, especially when they were going to play the day of us leaving. This is 2 years, and I've only really been involved in La Viola for part of that. The distance away is the hardest part.

To make up for that, she told me to schedule vacation this year. So I will be seeing Livorno, Atalanta and Inter at home. My brother in law works right outside the Duomo so he actually ends up seeing a lot of players and management. Batistuta actually came to his restaurant and got a picture with him a few months back.

The only real game I have seen that wasn't local german leagues was a German International game. Kinda wanting my first club game to be with La Viola. I mean I could always find tickets for nurnberg but come on....it's nurnberg. Plus I don't like that city.

I hate the city of swansea but that doesn't stop me rooting for that franchise

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Just don't post about looking for the pass you can't see

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is a picture of Jack Wilshere taken approximately six weeks ago

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

sassassin posted:

I hate the city of swansea but that doesn't stop me rooting for that franchise

Don't like the team either.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

blue footed boobie posted:

Here are Schweinsteiger and Lahm on their debut

11 years have passed :)

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Here are Schweinsteiger and Lahm on their debut

11 years have passed :)

:allears:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Little babby Lahm(he looks exactly the same).

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkOlDFM8bBM

Interview with Zlatan about videogames.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

arsenal player photographed in an arsenal kit in his youth... I think I know where this is going.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Shrapnac posted:

Those loving numbers on the shorts!:lol:
Still looks better than the UEFA / FIFA enforced "Stripes or hoops? Here, have a monstrous white panel on the back!" poo poo we have to put up with now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hmmmm doesn't look much like him, he's not on the ground for one thing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Hmmmm doesn't look much like him, he's not on the ground for one thing.

His ankle doesn't appear to be wrapped in clingfilm and ice either.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
ramsey truly at home

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE3zeB-h3NA

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is in the Weekend Web thread already but gently caress if it isn't hilarious.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnac posted:

This is in the Weekend Web thread already but gently caress if it isn't hilarious.

I thought that was for bad and unfunny posts and this is making tears come out me eyes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I thought that was for bad and unfunny posts and this is making tears come out me eyes.

It's transcendent, I've probably watched it 20 times and laughed every single time.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Thanks for this, wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Holy poo poo

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

how could you not though

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Soulex posted:

Usually when I say that it has to deal with a terminology. For instance, Dench, Bike kick, two foot, etc. Slang changes from region to region. Fanny is a butt in America but it isn't that way in England. I thought it was one of those things. We two countries have a different way of saying somethings.

There isn't a need to overreact as I have asked plenty of questions here without the preface "sorry to be American but..."

And yeah, I'm new to football. It's the first sport I've actually really liked. So naturally I want to get as involved as I can. Regardless if it gets me labeled a plastic or not. I watch "my team" read the news, and make it a point to learn the rules. Hell, I even played before I was diagnosed with exercised induced compartment syndrome in my legs.

So please ease up. I could say a joke about how Americans are always loving rude, but I don't think it would go over with you. A lack of knowledge isn't ignorance. The refusal to learn is.

Never take anything squit says to heart. He can be a total dong.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

I am OK posted:

Never take anything squit says to heart. He can be a total dong.

Wow. Mods?!?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This gif is rhythmic, almost hypnotizing

also loving sick

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Villarreal and NY Cosmos played a memorial match in honor of Marcos Senna.

Senna was the starting DM for Spain during Euro 08 and he was one of the best players in that tourney but then lost his spot when Busquets showed up, he was a classy dude imo.

Nice of Pires for showing up :)

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Everyone loves Robert Pires

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Suqit posted:

Wow. Mods?!?
Sorry but after Ronaldinho-gate...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's awful yet its not I guess. Their other songs are pretty amazing too. Go to their youtube page.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

Villarreal and NY Cosmos played a memorial match in honor of Marcos Senna.

I think you mean testimonial, not memorial - had a bit of a weird turn seeing someone playing in their own memorial...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think you mean testimonial, not memorial - had a bit of a weird turn seeing someone playing in their own memorial...

Stop being pedantic.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

El Hefe posted:

Stop being pedantic.

It's not pedantic. Memorial is usually for the deceased.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

mrg220t posted:

It's not pedantic. Memorial is usually for the deceased.

Look just stop correcting words.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Stop being pedantic.

The first thing I thought was "gently caress, when did Marcos Senna die?"

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DickEmery posted:

The first thing I thought was "gently caress, when did Marcos Senna die?"

Why wouldn't you, his post pretty much said he died, I thought the same.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

El Hefe posted:

Look just stop correcting words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2sD_8prYOxo#t=55s

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I don't want to hear about no testesmonials or whatever fancy words you guys want me to use.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
It's even the same word in spanish.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
There was another memorial match played, this time in honor of Fernando Caceres who played in Real Zaragoza and won the Cup Winners Cup against Arsenal in 1995, he was tragically shot in a robbery in Buenos Aires in 2009 and is now wheelchair bound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bendtner is in the Deadwood reboot as a Danish immigrant.

• Locked thread