Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Post pic of your sexy new rig

I'm using my same old cheap case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Am I supposed to do an unboxing video or something? Do parts assembled in a case look neat? Are you making fun of me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:haw:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Am I supposed to do an unboxing video or something?

yes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I'm using my same old cheap case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Am I supposed to do an unboxing video or something? Do parts assembled in a case look neat? Are you making fun of me?

Do it, use all the goony catchphrases you can think of, and post it in GBS.

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.
As you mount the CPU to the MB, make sure to print out and premier:

:getin:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
god drat all of you

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just lost over a hundred and fifty skill rating by testing out the commander mode, thanks :dice:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Commander mode is so boring too.

It would have been nice to allow people to play the fps portion and do commander poo poo at the same time for those of us privy to duel monitor setups or even when you use the huge map in game for a single screen. The only thing "exciting" is clicking the UAV launch every 10 seconds. Which brings me to another point, It would be cool if they had it set to where a UAV would circle the same point until you gave it a new location to survey. If it got shot down (which never loving happens) you could just relaunch it with an in game menu like when you hold the q button to yell about trasnport or medics. Hell they could redo the whole thing like that where you could aim your crosshair and launch a uav, supplies or a missle.

Also, if you didn't know you can kill a cruise missile by launching an EMP UAV where it's supposed to impact, and Bolow figured out you can shoot them down with AA.

ps: I'm at over 200 kills in the rhib boat, and no you don't get service stars. What a load!
this is me whenever i'm in a boat:

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 14, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
captain ron legit one of my fav comedies

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
When is the cheapest time to buy new components for my gayming rig?

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
probably on african american friday

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I used the Target buy 2 get 1 free game deal to snag Battlefield 4 so hopefully I can start playing tonight. I am very pumped.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ghost bones posted:

probably on african american friday

Cyber Monday for Amazon and Newegg

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

elite_garbage_man posted:

Commander mode is so boring too.

It would have been nice to allow people to play the fps portion and do commander poo poo at the same time for those of us privy to duel monitor setups or even when you use the huge map in game for a single screen. The only thing "exciting" is clicking the UAV launch every 10 seconds. Which brings me to another point, It would be cool if they had it set to where a UAV would circle the same point until you gave it a new location to survey. If it got shot down (which never loving happens) you could just relaunch it with an in game menu like when you hold the q button to yell about trasnport or medics. Hell they could redo the whole thing like that where you could aim your crosshair and launch a uav, supplies or a missle.

Also, if you didn't know you can kill a cruise missile by launching an EMP UAV where it's supposed to impact, and Bolow figured out you can shoot them down with AA.

Commander mode is garbage because it's not a mirror of BF2/2142 with destructible support assets instead of the goofy capture this point to launch cruise missile style. It doesn't help that most people in this game don't even seem to know how to spot, let alone set attack orders or accept/decline commander orders.

The cruise missile is definitely great for clearing out snipers though.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Battlefield 4 with everything on ultra is :stare:

Origin name is FurtSundwiches. For some reason many online services consider the word Fart to be some kind of vulgarity. I'm gonna get drunk and play online tonight!

I got a couple free games with my video card and I'm not really interested in them. Assassin's Creed 4 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Is anyone interested in them? One code for both.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 15, 2013

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'd be interested in SC:B if no one else wants it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Assassin's Creed 4 is pretty loving great.

SC:B is too short but still pretty fun.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i already have blacklist but i want rear end creed w/o spending money on it :(

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Battlefield 4 with everything on ultra is :stare:

Origin name is FurtSundwiches. For some reason many online services consider the word Fart to be some kind of vulgarity. I'm gonna get drunk and play online tonight!

I got a couple free games with my video card and I'm not really interested in them. Assassin's Creed 4 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Is anyone interested in them? One code for both.

I don't have either and having both would be pretty rad :v:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
When I get home later I'll see if it's one code for both or if I can split them. I don't really give a gently caress so I'll just give it to whoever.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Give SC: B to NDT then, I'm not a vet and would rather see him get it.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

whoa bro you trying to steal some valor in here??

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Well I ordered my parts and got next day shipping because I'm an impatient baby. The only thing now is I don't know where the gently caress my win 7 key is. It is not where I thought it would be so I might have to buy a new license and I'll spring for win8 if that's the case.

To be honest for BF4 Windows 8.1 is showing significant FPS advantages over Windows 7, to the tune of 10-20+ FPS higher for the same system, but you really have to decide if that's worth it for you for one game, even though you already have your Win7 key. With DirectX 11.2+ and some of the other optimizations never going to see the light of day on Win7 it should be interesting for the future, at least.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ghost bones posted:

whoa bro you trying to steal some valor in here??

Not hardly. I work with a lot of a lot of ex-mil people and would have joined myself but I have a bad knee that kept me out. Just a private sector intel guy.

You guys do a better job of debating and discussing than D&D anyhow, and you're more fun to play games with.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

suboptimal posted:

debating and discussing than D&D anyhow

why don't you debate my fist into your face you nazi civilian scum

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Red87 posted:

To be honest for BF4 Windows 8.1 is showing significant FPS advantages over Windows 7, to the tune of 10-20+ FPS higher for the same system, but you really have to decide if that's worth it for you for one game, even though you already have your Win7 key. With DirectX 11.2+ and some of the other optimizations never going to see the light of day on Win7 it should be interesting for the future, at least.

Those fuckers. That's how they're going to get people to upgrade from 7.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

Those fuckers. That's how they're going to get people to upgrade from 7.

Is 8.1 the lovely tablet version or is it like old windows?

Edit: Because the lovely tablet version is terrible.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

suboptimal posted:

Not hardly. I work with a lot of a lot of ex-mil people and would have joined myself but I have a bad knee that kept me out. Just a private sector intel guy.

You guys do a better job of debating and discussing than D&D anyhow, and you're more fun to play games with.

*relaxes flex and turns baseball cap around to the front again* okay bro we cool we cool.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Is 8.1 the lovely tablet version or is it like old windows?

Edit: Because the lovely tablet version is terrible.

It still has the metro tile interface like regular eight of that's what your asking. It's easier to avoid though, you can boot straight to the regular desktop and literally never ever have to use metro ever.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Yep, and if you really want the start menu, http://www.classicshell.net is pretty much the same thing as the Win7 start menu on 8.1. Windows 8 was pretty poo poo, but 8.1 did a lot of good. BF4 is the only game currently to make use of the new features of Win8.1 that I know of, and it really shows.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
At least a quarter of the posts in the ps4 thread are people having issues. Thanks beta testers!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cole posted:

At least a quarter of the posts in the ps4 thread are people having issues. Thanks beta testers!

Nothing too horrible, couple of bad hard drives, some with TV HDCP issues, and bent HDMI pins that can be bent back easily.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So far so good on my end. Killzone looks amazing. The PSN network is intermittent though. It's a pretty slick console.

edit: controller is great. FPS game w/ a controller not so great. I'm loving awful online.

bloops fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 15, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So is the PS4 a good purchase holly bloops?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So is the PS4 a good purchase holly bloops?

Coming from a pretty awesome PC, the graphics aren't mind-blowing, but that doesn't mean they're bad. It's the same kind of quality I've seen games run at for a while now. What is awesome is this tiny rear end console (it's pretty loving small) is doing this on my 65" tv. If there's games you wanna play on the system, need a netflix device, and/or a blu-ray player, it's a pretty great deal at 400 bucks. So far I've had no issues other than PSN being bogged down.

So basically if you play consoles and will continue to do so then don't hesitate on it unless you're just waiting for more games to be released for it.

edit: Assassin's Creed 4 :stare: poo poo looks amazing

bloops fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 15, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

edit: Assassin's Creed 4 :stare: poo poo looks amazing

It's only running at 900p on PS4 I guess. There's going to be a patch soon that brings it up to 1080p

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assas...tive_1080p.html

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

It's only running at 900p on PS4 I guess. There's going to be a patch soon that brings it up to 1080p

Yea I read that today. 900p or not, it looks really, really good.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Xbox one is 720p lol.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
It's gonna look real nice at 1080p on my PC once those Ubi cunts release it on the 19th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gleep gloop posted:

Xbox one is 720p lol.

It's doing things the 360 was supposed to do. Good for Microsoft!

• Locked thread