Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Katana Gomai posted:

It actually always is.

gently caress that. I like Dortmund because I hate FC Bowel Movement. I'm supposed to be a de facto fan of Schalke because there's some kind of sister club thing going with them, but I'm not sure I'll ever get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

nippythefish posted:

I'm supposed to be a de facto fan of Schalke because there's some kind of sister club thing going with them, but I'm not sure I'll ever get that.
I say you shouldn't even try.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nippythefish posted:

gently caress that. I like Dortmund because I hate FC Bowel Movement. I'm supposed to be a de facto fan of Schalke because there's some kind of sister club thing going with them, but I'm not sure I'll ever get that.

lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gently caress Schalke. I like Dortmund's play style mostly. That and Reus, Gündogan, and Lewa are loving amazing.

Ever since Pep stepped in, I've been kind of blah on Munich.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
When I went to Berlin a bunch of people got upset at me for crossing the road despite there being no cars on the road so my opinion is gently caress Hertha BSC.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cart Cam posted:

When I went to Berlin a bunch of people got upset at me for crossing the road despite there being no cars on the road so my opinion is gently caress Hertha BSC.

That is a German thing. Just yesterday I saw an old lady scolding two young boys who crossed the street although the crossing light was red. I live in North-Rhine Westphalia.

And what is not to like about Dortmund? We have the most likable manager in Klopp, while Bayern's manager bitch slaps his own players in public.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Torrannor posted:

We have the most likable manager in Klopp

:newlol:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

That is a German thing. Just yesterday I saw an old lady scolding two young boys who crossed the street although the crossing light was red. I live in North-Rhine Westphalia.

Good lord, just write NRW.

Torrannor posted:

And what is not to like about Dortmund? We have the most likable manager in Klopp, while Bayern's manager bitch slaps his own players in public.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Good lord, just write NRW.

I live in a state with an awesome name and not some lame poo poo like "bavaria".

Anyway, I hope Bayern Munich lose the next game, otherwise they would bust yet another Bundesliga record, and poor HSV deserves to keep that one (jointly with Bayern now, but eh).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Top shelf banter, this.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

I live in a state with an awesome name and not some lame poo poo like "bavaria".
You're trying a bit hard here.

Torrannor posted:

Anyway, I hope Bayern Munich lose the next game, otherwise they would bust yet another Bundesliga record, and poor HSV deserves to keep that one (jointly with Bayern now, but eh).

HSV don't deserve anything imo.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

Top shelf banter, this.

I could go into great loving detail as to why I hate Dortmund, but let's stop at Watzke verbally disowning us everytime someone puts a mic in front of his face and Dortmund winning the 2002 title against us with a team so expensive it should have rightfully ruined the club.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Thiago found his way into the squad after a long injury, just in time for Bastians ankle to explode.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

I could go into great loving detail as to why I hate Dortmund, but let's stop at Watzke verbally disowning us everytime someone puts a mic in front of his face and Dortmund winning the 2002 title against us with a team so expensive it should have rightfully ruined the club.

Agreed it's a shame when teams buy their way to titles. I'm struggling to think of a team other than Dortmund that did it, in Germany.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

tekz posted:

Agreed it's a shame when teams buy their way to titles. I'm struggling to think of a team other than Dortmund that did it, in Germany.

Hm yea buying players until you are literally hundreds of millions in debt is exactly the same as spending the money you've earned. There is no club who won the title with money they didn't have. Except for Dortmund.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

Hm yea buying players until you are literally hundreds of millions in debt is exactly the same as spending the money you've earned. There is no club who won the title with money they didn't have. Except for Dortmund.

Wolfsburg.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

It's called deficit spending, look it up: wikipedia.com/Keynes

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Wolfsburg.

They had the money though, it just came from a sponsor. Even so, he was trying to compare Bayern to Dortmund and even though I dislike them both, that's just dumb.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

spending the money you've earned

Something Leverkusen have a rich history of, I believe?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

THIS GAME IS loving KILLING ME

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

THIS GAME IS loving KILLING ME

It's loving hilarious to me. :shepface:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Same goes for the Dortmund game.

Also Weinzierl got sent off for dissent in injury time.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
4 points ahead :getin:

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Wow the reffing in the Wolfsburg Dortmund game

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Wolfsburg on 4th :stare:

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Well Dortmund kind of paid for that by being complete poo poo for some years after that. I feel bad right now, another terrible injury with Subotic, and unlike Bayern they cannot compensate that so easily. When Dortmund don't get their poo poo together they will be out of the CL and way behind in the BL in three weeks time. I would like to at least maintain the illusion of the BL being interesting for a couple more weeks.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sicDaniel posted:

Well Dortmund kind of paid for that by being complete poo poo for some years after that. I feel bad right now, another terrible injury with Subotic, and unlike Bayern they cannot compensate that so easily. When Dortmund don't get their poo poo together they will be out of the CL and way behind in the BL in three weeks time. I would like to at least maintain the illusion of the BL being interesting for a couple more weeks.

Leverkusen will keep the BL interesting ;)

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Dortmund...

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Subotic double cruciate tear. Ouch.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
That really sucks for Subotic, but the worst part for Dortmund is that they seem to have been found out and have no real plan b if their usual playstyle doesnt work out against a teams that (surprisingly often recently) don't bend over for the mighty Dortmund.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Hi. Just dropping by the thread to :suicide:

Two weeks until the next game. Maybe THIS time they'll be ready. First half was amazing. Second half was again marred by lovely officiating and the inevitable collapse after a single mistake.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Adulterous Hitler posted:

That really sucks for Subotic, but the worst part for Dortmund is that they seem to have been found out and have no real plan b if their usual playstyle doesnt work out against a teams that (surprisingly often recently) don't bend over for the mighty Dortmund.

Agreed, Wolfsburgs tactics were really good.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Pand posted:

Wolfsburg on 4th :stare:

It won't last. Schalke will secure the 4th one or two games before the end of the season in a poo poo game against some poo poo team. Leverkusen will comfortably sit in third spot and Dortmund will challenge Bayern - unless they keep having bad luck with injuries and being whiny cunts "bad officiating" :rolleyes: I guess it will be interesting to see who stumbles into the EL...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I cannot see Dortmund not losing against Bayern in two weeks, and they won't recover from being 7 points behind.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. And by that I mean Hoeneß.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Myron posted:

being whiny cunts "bad officiating" :rolleyes:

Was this directed towards me? :gonk:

nippythefish fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 10, 2013

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

No towards Lewandowski and KLOPPO etc. (and Käwin too)

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Myron posted:

No towards Lewandowski and KLOPPO etc. (and Käwin too)

You sure? We 1.FCN fans are notorious for being whiny cunts, and for good reason! :argh:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
This is the best thing ever:

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...rbekatalog.html

quote:

BVB gibt Bayern-Choreo als eigene aus

Spott und Häme für Borussia Dortmund: Im aktuellen Winterkatalog feiert der Klub eine schwarz-gelbe Choreografie mit den Worten "Die Farben der geilsten Stadt". Doof, dass ausgerechnet die Fans des FC Bayern München die spektakulären Bilder ermöglichten.

Beim DFB-Pokalspiel im Februar hatten die Münchner Fans ihre Stehplätze in eine schwarz-gelbe Wand verwandelt, die sich wenig später in eine rot-weiße umwandelte und "Die Farben des geilsten Vereins" feierte. Nun hat die Borussia die Choreografie in ihrem Katalog abgebildet und mit den Worten "Die Südtribüne gibt es natürlich auch in der Fan-Welt" versehen.

Das Missgeschick der Dortmunder löst beim Erzrivalen aus Bayern Spott aus. "Wir danken Borussia Dortmund für die Würdigung unserer Choreografie im Februar", schrieb die Fangruppierung Club Nr. 12 auf Facebook: "Sie hat den Verantwortlichen so gefallen, dass man sie als eigene Choreo ausgibt und im aktuellen Katalog abdruckt."

Auch bei Twitter bleibt die Häme nicht aus. "Eine Bayern-Choreo im BVB-Fankatalog - das ist das Quadruple", freut sich Lizas Welt.

#EchteLiebe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
stupid going on vacation making miss kicktipp for a week and losing first place.

• Locked thread