Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

If I done butted up, lemme know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

WarpedNaba posted:

If I done butted up, lemme know.
Your voice has some really interesting and neat qualities but (isn't there always buts) its really strong character is starting to take away from the script itself. I get lost in the voice and not in the content. You'll find the same issue in my own recording but there are times (more in the second take) where you hear room reflections. It's that tinny echo that dovetails your louder plosives and the like. Also, something I struggle with and will use tools like a de-esser to tackle, is that there's lots of whistles and hard esses through your teeth. Mine are partially caused by the fact my lower teeth don't fully line up, so its hard to control. I experiment a lot with using less breath on "s"s or even shifting my jaw around.

Right now as a general comment I'd say you need to find ways to make sure that the content is pushing through the surface of your voice, or the messages will be lost. There are people who would kill for the kind of distinct voice you have, now you need to hone it as a tool to really bring out the utility of it.

So this is my take. I'm not too happy with the room reflections I was getting. I'm still trying to "fix" my new room as I had to move out of the apartment that I had my bitching home studio in. Possibly going to build myself something to contain the mic rather than treat the room.

As a note about the script, I feel that it needs an editing pass. I know it's for kickstarter but it doesn't seem to have a great focus for the audience. I hang out in the Awful Kickstarter thread and this is a common problem. It needs an editing pass, and it really needs to focus on what your goals are, prior works as evidence of competence, and most importantly why anyone should even give a drat. Time allowing I am sure everyone here will gladly make retakes once a completed script is ironed out.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

JossiRossi posted:

As a note about the script, I feel that it needs an editing pass. I know it's for kickstarter but it doesn't seem to have a great focus for the audience. I hang out in the Awful Kickstarter thread and this is a common problem. It needs an editing pass, and it really needs to focus on what your goals are, prior works as evidence of competence, and most importantly why anyone should even give a drat. Time allowing I am sure everyone here will gladly make retakes once a completed script is ironed out.

Seconding! Everything this man said.

Also guys guys guys guys GUYS! Many of you may be familiar with Gaspy Conana's Dropsy The Clown character and games that started on these here Something Awful forums. I provided a bit of VO work in one a few years back. Well, good ol' Gaspy launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the next game, and it's doing really well and will probably make its initial goal within the next few days--but if it meets its third and final stretch goal, it will include voiceover work by yours truly!! Which is super exciting because I've been sooooooo wanting to do another VG project and I love Dropsy and really everything is great about this. So, please check it out and consider supporting it, even if just by sharing it! Although :10bux: does get you an early copy of the game. :) You can hear the track for which I provided VO work last time around on the Kickstarter page under "The Team"!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

blinkeve1826 posted:

Also guys guys guys guys GUYS! Many of you may be familiar with Gaspy Conana's Dropsy The Clown character and games that started on these here Something Awful forums. I provided a bit of VO work in one a few years back. Well, good ol' Gaspy launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the next game, and it's doing really well and will probably make its initial goal within the next few days--but if it meets its third and final stretch goal, it will include voiceover work by yours truly!! Which is super exciting because I've been sooooooo wanting to do another VG project and I love Dropsy and really everything is great about this. So, please check it out and consider supporting it, even if just by sharing it! Although :10bux: does get you an early copy of the game. :) You can hear the track for which I provided VO work last time around on the Kickstarter page under "The Team"!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

Oh nice! Glad to see him giving this another go after the last one didn't quite make it. Which honestly I was really surprised by. I can afford to toss some money his way this time round and will be glad to do so! (Put in a good word for us if he needs more vocalizations? :ohdear:)

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

it is never too late to give up your prejudices
You guys sound great, thanks for taking the time to put those together. I like the not over the top enthusiasm in your voice. When I read it I have a hard time not coming off just sounding like I'm reading a script and droning.

If I end up using your track on the video I will report back and share the video with you to make sure you approve of it.

I don't know if this is your domain but if you have any critique recommendations for the script, I'm no expert and always appreciate feedback.

shehackedyou fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 30, 2013

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

hoped.so posted:

I don't know if this is your domain but if you have any critique recommendations for the script, I'm no expert and always appreciate feedback.

I'm a writer, not a voice actor. Unfortunately, I don't know much about advertisement writing, but I gave it a shot.

Okay, having taken a look at the script, you focus way too much on the final end product. The end product’s all well and good, but you need to convince me, Heartless Investor #1034893, that your game is worth funding. Your pitch might tell me that your game might be one I like. That’s a start, but I buy games I like in stores. You need to really sell it for me to want to invest beforehand. Your script just provides a retrospective of the game’s history when you’re trying to get money for what the game will do next.

What you need to do is introduce the game (a taste), what you would spend the money on if you got it (your script consisted entirely of features the game already had), who you are that you can accomplish this goal (experience, other projects and so forth), and why this game is sufficiently different from existing products that I should desperately want you to make it.

I can't really produce something like that whole-cloth, because I don't know you or your product. However, if you post a second pass in the thread, I'd be happy to edit. :shobon:

Nyarai fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 31, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
:siren: If you want Holiday Voice Work, read this post! :siren:

Hey, so, been a while since I posted in here! Sorry for never following up with a spot incorporating your advice, but I scored a job like a week after posting in here, and have been waaay too busy to work on anything not directly related to my new job. :supaburn:

Which brings me to now! As the holidays approach, my station is starting to need a lot of new voices to cover the billion holiday ads that are coming our way. My program director is pulling out his hair because the station owner refuses to adequately budget for VO's, and everybody in the station is already voicing about half a dozen ads apiece. So I figured, goons are the solution to every problem! (And the cause of most of them) So if you would like to possibly voice a couple ads, send me an email to my work address, kbstnews@gmail.com. A link to tindeck, or an attached MP3 of your voice would be perfect, and go ahead and put what you feel would be adequate compensation. If you're willing to work for free, that's great! But you should probably go ahead and put 20 bucks down anyway, don't undersell yourself!

I'll gather all the emails together and present them to my program director about a week from now, and see if I can't get some of you fine goons and goonettes a little holiday work. My dream is to have a 100% SA christmas. (although that might actually end up a nightmare...) Any skill level, any compensation level, just get me your voice and what you would like to be compensated per ad. Lemme hear you roar, goons! :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Captain Bravo posted:

Hey, so, been a while since I posted in here! Sorry for never following up with a spot incorporating your advice, but I scored a job like a week after posting in here, and have been waaay too busy to work on anything not directly related to my new job. :supaburn:

Which brings me to now! As the holidays approach, my station is starting to need a lot of new voices to cover the billion holiday ads that are coming our way. My program director is pulling out his hair because the station owner refuses to adequately budget for VO's, and everybody in the station is already voicing about half a dozen ads apiece. So I figured, goons are the solution to every problem! (And the cause of most of them) So if you would like to possibly voice a couple ads, send me an email to my work address, kbstnews@gmail.com. A link to tindeck, or an attached MP3 of your voice would be perfect, and go ahead and put what you feel would be adequate compensation. If you're willing to work for free, that's great! But you should probably go ahead and put 20 bucks down anyway, don't undersell yourself!

I'll gather all the emails together and present them to my program director about a week from now, and see if I can't get some of you fine goons and goonettes a little holiday work. My dream is to have a 100% SA christmas. (although that might actually end up a nightmare...) Any skill level, any compensation level, just get me your voice and what you would like to be compensated per ad. Lemme hear you roar, goons! :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin: :mordin:

Sent you an email. Thanks for posting in here!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I'm a bit sick right now so it's a bit hard to think straight but I'll sit down and contact you asap. Thanks for dropping this here!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Yeah, that's an awesome opportunity for people who want some more VO work. Thanks for posting!

My next round of beginner VO classes in midtown Manhattan is starting next Monday and I would love to see some of you there. :3: All of the info is on my website, http://www.listentomelanie.com/voiceoverclasses.html. (Put SA and then your username--i.e. "SA blinkeve1826"--in the discount code box for $10 off through 10pm Wednesday night.)

This is actually coming right after finding out about my second goon VO class success story! This person came to me a few months ago having never had ANY voiceover training, and he just finished my most recent round of beginner classes, at the end of which he auditioned for a phone message system VO recording. I just found out from the client this past week that he booked it! It was well earned; he made a lot of progress over the past few months. So I'm feeling pretty good and would love to keep up the pattern of goon success in my classes. :3:

Edit: I know many of you don't live in New York, so I should mention this here too: even if you can't take my classes, but you know someone who might be interested, spread the word! If someone mentions your name when they register up for my classes, THEY get $5 off and YOU get a $5 Starbucks gift card. Just my way of thanking those who help me out. :)

Edit 2: A lesson I teach early on in my classes...

Voice actors invest time and money into their:
-Vocal training
-Practice (using time which could be used instead for work that would pay)
-Microphone
-Their interface or mixer, and possibly additional equipment
-Cables connecting everything
-Communication with clients, often multiple emails and/or calls back and forth to get a read just right
-Office supplies, their computers, etc.

At the VERY most basic level. Not even including costs more advanced folks will have, like royalty-free SFX/music files/libraries, their own websites (hosting/domain names),

If someone doesn't want to pay for a service, they do it themselves. I know enough basic HTML/CSS to update my own website, so I do it myself. I don't, however, have the time or resources to make major changes to my website myself, or to learn how to do it myself--in this case, I hire someone to do it.

I seriously don't intend to single you out or make anything more difficult for you or your station, Captain Bravo--I think this is a great opportunity for people in this thread and think it's super cool that you posted it. :3: This is just an important lesson for everyone to learn as early on as possible, and in a thread for people getting started in the industry, before what could be one's first VO opportunity, is an appropriate time to reinforce it. :)

If this is your VERY FIRST VOICEOVER GIG EVER it mayyyyy be appropriate for you to do it for $20 or so. But no matter where you are in your training/development/career, you should NEVER work for free. Collaborate on a project with someone and do something that really gets you going? Maybe, if it's truly a joint effort. Even then it depends. But if someone is asking you to provide a service for them--ESPECIALLY if they are being compensated for it themselves--you deserve to be compensated in kind. Especially for advertising, the purpose of which is to get people to spend money on one's product or service. Hell, I pay people just for mentioning my classes to their friends, and I'm not a company or business with an advertising budget to such an extent that I would consider putting up a radio ad. Regardless of the medium, location, or "budget situation", there's no reason for this weird notion that actors/artists can/should work for free should be perpetuated any more than it has been--from the very beginning of your career, it is important that you assert your worth. It sets the tone for things to go a lot more smoothly in the future.

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 12, 2013

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

That period at the end of your URL is messing up, gurl.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

King Lou posted:

That period at the end of your URL is messing up, gurl.

Fixed! Thanks, King Lou :)

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Been lurking on-and-off since page one, figure I may as well put my info here :shobon:

---

Name: Geop

Specialties: Texas accent (AU NATURAL~), sounding like an old-man, various impressions (ie: Jollo from King's Quest, #24 & Dr Girlfriend from Venture Brothers, other little ones spread all over)

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/listen/qaob (just a one-off voice clip)

Payment: Paypal is pretty ideal, but I can wing other alternatives

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Guys guys guys Pendleton Ward just backed the Dropsy Kickstarter :aaa:

JossiRossi posted:

Oh nice! Glad to see him giving this another go after the last one didn't quite make it. Which honestly I was really surprised by. I can afford to toss some money his way this time round and will be glad to do so! (Put in a good word for us if he needs more vocalizations? :ohdear:)

Done and done! I mentioned the thread here and he did say it was a possibility. If that happens I'll likely be handling auditions/casting so you can bet I'll come here for some of them. :)

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Bravo posted:

Emailed you. Thanks!

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Captain Bravo posted:

Emailed you as well.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Finally got well enough to send out my sample. Thanks again for offering!

Geop posted:

Been lurking on-and-off since page one, figure I may as well put my info here :shobon:

---

Name: Geop

Specialties: Texas accent (AU NATURAL~), sounding like an old-man, various impressions (ie: Jollo from King's Quest, #24 & Dr Girlfriend from Venture Brothers, other little ones spread all over)

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/listen/qaob (just a one-off voice clip)

Payment: Paypal is pretty ideal, but I can wing other alternatives

Hey there! So you have a great voice (as I am sure you've heard plenty of times) and I loved your Assassin's Creed LPs with the history segments you really knocked that out of the park. If there's one suggestion I can make it would be to work on new voice sample that is a reading of something written. Speaking off the cuff and reading a difficult turn of phrase are very different skills. Also if you do a longer reading we can offer up suggestions as well if there are any areas that you might need to work on. :)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Thank you guys so much for the emails! I'm working on putting them all together now, and I'll hand it off to my PD on Monday. Right now, it's looking like budget will be a huge concern, but I'll see if I can't wheedle some work out for everyone.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I hope there's still time to submit. :ohdear:

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Shot you an e-mail! Hope it wasn't too late.

CaptainYesterday posted:

I hope there's still time to submit. :ohdear:

You and me both buddy.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Been hanging out in the Game Dev thread lately and I got bored and did a test for enemy audio:

Voices are for a cowboy cactus. Thus puns. Everywhere. It's good practice to do the same set of lines and trying to vary the reading. My goal is that the 3 different voices I used sound "natural" and not like they are forced outside of a norm. I think I got a lot closer than I expected to be honest but would love some feedback.

In all likelyhood none of these will be in the final product, so it's not so much about refining a voice as getting better at differentiating myself.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 17, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, I've been looking around for voice workshop kinda stuff in the UK for a while now (didn't know this thread existed until fairly recently) and it seems that they all boil down to one question: "do you live in, or reasonably close to, London?" That's a good 200 or so miles from where I live right now, so I get the impression that on that front I'm basically hosed. Is there anyone else in the UK that isn't in London who can confirm/deny this?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

So, I've been looking around for voice workshop kinda stuff in the UK for a while now (didn't know this thread existed until fairly recently) and it seems that they all boil down to one question: "do you live in, or reasonably close to, London?" That's a good 200 or so miles from where I live right now, so I get the impression that on that front I'm basically hosed. Is there anyone else in the UK that isn't in London who can confirm/deny this?

I've worked with Mike Drew and it's pretty much as you say. London is the L.A of Britain, what with the BBC parking its rear end right there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
drat, I was kinda hoping that I was missing something. :sigh:

At least there's still this thread! Having read the entire thread now, I definitely need a new mic; a logitech USB is good for skype and... that's about it really. Still, here's my first take of the thread favourite Summerset Hills that I didn't toss out for one reason or another:

Even after a dozen tries at this, I still never figured out quite how best to do the "Choose from dozens of single-family homes on pie shaped lots tucked away on Lilies Fair Court" bit. Not sure if that's just because it's stilted and awkward bit of writing or if I'm just reading it weirdly though. Possibly even both.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I haven't forgotten you guys! Proposal is in with the PD, and he's haggling with the big boss over the VA budget for the holiday season. (To be honest, things aren't looking good...) Hopefully he'll get back with some of you before December, it's in his hands though. And yes, I did get in both late people.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Things are still going well for me with ACX, I just had 4 more books go on sale: the Dangerous Ground series, from award-winning author Josh Lanyon. He's kind of a big deal. I posted back in February when my audition was chosen for a fan-chosen narrator contest which I won. I have really come a long way from back then, I think.

Here are some samples to check out. Criticism very welcome! Questions about ACX or audiobook gigs also welcome.
Dangerous Ground

Old Poison

Blood Heat

Dead Run

kizeesh
Aug 1, 2005
Im right and you're an ass.
It just occurred to me that nowhere in the opening posts does it mention what people ought to put in their voicereel/showreel.

Do people have any pointers in that regard? Obviously, samples of work, but what about folk who are only starting out and want to showcase their talents.

Thoughts folks?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

kizeesh posted:

It just occurred to me that nowhere in the opening posts does it mention what people ought to put in their voicereel/showreel.

Do people have any pointers in that regard? Obviously, samples of work, but what about folk who are only starting out and want to showcase their talents.

Thoughts folks?

Depends on the intended audience. If you are applying to do VO for commercials having a reel of wacky voices may not help you much. At least I kind of hope not, wacky voices in commercials were awful. BUT if they DO want wacky voices then that's cool.

One of the biggest things that I personally look for in a reel is demonstration of ability and range. If it's all one style of voice without any variation then I worry that they will not be able to rise and adapt to the needs of the project. So having a range from listenable inaction to animated lines is pretty welcome. You don't want to spend a whole lot of time with each example though so you can't rely on context to help sell the voice. You might have a really strong end to a performance, but if it requires the buildup that will be lost. Additionally if you make content specifically for a reel that's fine but make sure to snag pieces out of larger recordings. If you only record a single sentence the performance will suffer. So even if you plan to only use one sentence of something make sure to record what is before and after the intended clip.

A big thing is to make sure the reel is the best of the best and that there's no issues performance or technically. I gear my brain towards sound and so if I hear a reel that has lousy filters or too much compression I get distracted from the performance.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Lumpen posted:

Things are still going well for me with ACX, I just had 4 more books go on sale: the Dangerous Ground series, from award-winning author Josh Lanyon. He's kind of a big deal. I posted back in February when my audition was chosen for a fan-chosen narrator contest which I won. I have really come a long way from back then, I think.

Here are some samples to check out. Criticism very welcome! Questions about ACX or audiobook gigs also welcome.
Dangerous Ground

Old Poison

Blood Heat

Dead Run

I'd definitely like to pick your brain about the ACX/Audiobook process after I move if that's alright. Hope to get a few under my belt next year.

kizeesh posted:

Thoughts folks?

Good catch; I'll add any good posts from folks to the OP on this matter. My opinion is to target your first 60 or 90sec demo for either character-based or information-based reads. For mine (that I really need to redo), I have a mix of both. Granted, it uses a lot of clips from actual commercials I did when I was still in radio, but commercials are plenty easy enough to write & record.

Overall, I believe that variety in tone is the key.

With a bit of editing you can tailor these to your own vibe, but I grabbed the much hated hazing ritual Summerset Hills from here:
http://www.voices.com/resources/scripts

Here's some music beds to pair them up with:
http://www.freestockmusic.com/

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Hey all!
I'm taking a voice over class in school next semester and my teacher listed the required materials. I have taken voice acting classes before and have always been interested in getting my own equipment so this is the perfect opportunity to invest.
She wants us to get this mic:
Audio Technica at 2020

Does anyone have experience with this brand? Should I get this one or invest a bit more?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I've got one of those. It's about as sensitive as the Yeti, but it doesn't have anything in the way of adjusting itself (ie: knobs and such).

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

RebBrownies posted:

Does anyone have experience with this brand? Should I get this one or invest a bit more?

I got one and was immediately irritated that there was a delay between hearing my voice in my headphones and speaking. It was awful and though I still have the microphone, I couldn't deal with that nonsense. I went with the AT2020 (non-USB) and plugged it straight into a little mixer box and now I'm a happy camper. It's got a good sound for voice work and now that I'm back to a proper analog setup I don't have that horrible delay messing up my readings.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Oooh yeah. Do NOT get the USB version of the AT2020; the XLR/regular version of is is fine though. I sound a bit flat on it myself, but I also typically record with a Rode NT2A, which has a much beefier sound, so take that as you will. It's a decent enough starter mic. Just get a good USB preamp to go with it and you should be fine. If you can and you have a choice, though, try to get into a pro audio shop and test out some others in the same price range to see how you sound on them.

In other news: I held an animation voiceover class with Darren Dunstan (casting director with 4K Media) a few months back, and one of my students was just called in to audition for Yu-Gi-Oh! I actually MIGHT have kind of screamed and started crying when I found out. This is one of my hardest-working, most dedicated and most passionate students and I am so ridiculously psyched for him!!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Thats awesome, Melanie. Congrats.

On the flipside of the coin I'm in the middle waiting to get paid for work I did for Spotify in July. Hooray!

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

In terms or usb preamps are there any brands should I look for? :) I'm trying to find something affordable but I know quality and price don't always work out that way :negative:.
Thank you guys for the help it is greatly appreciated!

Congratulations on your students audition! :)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The Snowball mic is p good, from my experience.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

The Snowball mic is p good, from my experience.

Seconding this. I have a better mic but I find that the Snowball really does a great job on the cheap. I've recorded a lot of professional work on it.

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
I found for the price difference ($60 vs $90 when I bought each and resold the snowball to a friend), the Blue Yeti was quite a bit better quality and just louder overall, which lead to better sounding recordings. Both produce good audio, though.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Ugh, all these scrub-tier mics are just embarrassing. You literally cannot record decent quality audio until you get an entry level Real Microphone like this sexy AEA KU4 (a modern knockoff of the classic RCA design):

Oh sure, it's a bit of petty cash at $4,356 USD. Not to mention that it needs special care to not overpower the ribbon and if you so much as look at it sideways it will die. Still, that's just a baseline for decent gear and you should feel bad for using anything less.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Total aside, but I lost all of my damned settings in SAM broadcaster when I moved to Windows 8.1. Whoops! This is the closest thread I can think of to where people might also have online radio shows. Any guides for setting up EQ (specifically with SAM would own) for use with shoutcast type deals (128 kbps streaming)? Don't even remember where I got my like settings from but I use a Blue Yeti Pro I've been very happy with.