Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
WHM Streaming turns 1-4 and probably some 5.

http://www.twitch.tv/draynir

Draynar fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Draynar posted:

WHM Streaming turns 1-4 and probably some 5.

http://www.twitch.tv/draynir

:v: PLD streaming Turns 1-5 and maybe some Twintania.

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

SpazmasterX posted:

Same way they always do. He just shows up and picks a fight.

He usually pops into a dimension, says something to the effect of "the gently caress are you looking at?! I've got all these swords, come at me!"

Then when you beat him he's all humbled and just says "you're pretty good, here let me offer you (my help / a sword)."

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I'll be happy if they include his FFXIII-2 theme when you fight him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAZXVv7azKA

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gyoru posted:

:v: PLD streaming Turns 1-5 and maybe some Twintania.

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Holy poo poo, you guys take a ballsy approach (not downing firestorm or chain lightning nodes).

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How do I upgrade my carpentry table now that I'm level 50?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Do the level 50 quest, the saw will give you a different table when you're cutting lumber. Unfortunately, offhand table never changes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

notZaar posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys take a ballsy approach (not downing firestorm or chain lightning nodes).

We do the same as it means you don't have Ballast which can make positioning annoying, plus if your Primary DPS is 2 magic (And with bard support they are putting out the most) Keeping the Magic Resist off the boss is Pretty useful in making it go faster

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Or you can take out 3 nodes, Firestream, Chain Lightning, and Ballast. We kill 3 nodes and ADS is cakewalk easy, don't have to dodge anything other than lasers.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jwang posted:

Do the level 50 quest, the saw will give you a different table when you're cutting lumber. Unfortunately, offhand table never changes.

drat you savage aim iii materia!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

jwang posted:

Or you can take out 3 nodes, Firestream, Chain Lightning, and Ballast. We kill 3 nodes and ADS is cakewalk easy, don't have to dodge anything other than lasers.

Does he actually gain damage for each node you kill or just the first one?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Only first node increases damage, the others give ADS damage resistance against a certain type of weapon damage. Chain Lightning node is resistance against slashing, Crossfire is magic. Ballast and Gravity field are piercing resist and blunt resistance, but I don't remember which is which.

The Rot node I believe gives a haste buff that makes high voltage near impossible to interrupt which is why no one ever locks rot but I only heard that second hand so maybe it's something else.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kongming posted:

The Rot node I believe gives a haste buff that makes high voltage near impossible to interrupt which is why no one ever locks rot but I only heard that second hand so maybe it's something else.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. If this node made it impossible to silence high voltage, wouldn't everybody lock it out?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

notZaar posted:

That sentence doesn't make any sense. If this node made it impossible to silence high voltage, wouldn't everybody lock it out?

As in no one kills the Rot note as killing it makes it almost impossible to interrupt high voltage.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Errr, maybe we're misunderstanding each other. When I say "the node gives the buff" I mean in the context that killing the node will grant the buff to ADS. Sorry.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Killing the Rot node gives ADS a 1 second cast time on High Voltage, as I understand it.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Went through the event fate and couldn't land a single hit because of all the rear end in a top hat pubbies spamming Blizzard 2. gently caress why wasn't this instanced?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kongming posted:

Errr, maybe we're misunderstanding each other. When I say "the node gives the buff" I mean in the context that killing the node will grant the buff to ADS. Sorry.

Ok. My bad. I get it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

AlmightyBob posted:

Went through the event fate and couldn't land a single hit because of all the rear end in a top hat pubbies spamming Blizzard 2. gently caress why wasn't this instanced?

If you join a party a single hit should be more than enough. :v:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpazmasterX posted:

Definitely not. I joined a full party and only got silver for the crab event after whacking a good six or seven.

e:v I didn't get a thing.

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 15, 2013

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Silver's all you need to get the maximum reward for the event.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

Still have to get that hit though :(

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

notZaar posted:

Ok. My bad. I get it.

As an aside to this, one night my Coil group tried locking Rot just to see how bad it was.

The High Voltages and lasers come so fast they're unavoidable, but hilarious. Never lock Rot.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

Definitely not. I joined a full party and only got silver for the crab event after whacking a good six or seven.

e:v I didn't get a thing.

Silver will do it fine, Lightning probably just didn't spawn for the fate which is required to get the drop.

Just do the Dodo fate as it's a single target and you don't have to contend with AOE spam.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
You can tell if it's the right fate because this song will start playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk

Also the fate complete icon will be in a different font.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Lance Streetman posted:

You can tell if it's the right fate because this song will start playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk

Also the fate complete icon will be in a different font.

When I saw the "Quest Complete" text in the FFXIII font I lost my poo poo.

I love this game sometimes.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Another day, another set of failed AV runs. This is the first dungeon in this game that has infuriated me. I just want to rank up in my GC ranking, drat it!

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Another day, another set of failed AV runs. This is the first dungeon in this game that has infuriated me. I just want to rank up in my GC ranking, drat it!

AV is pretty easy from what I remember. If you are on Excalibur server and need a tank, hit me up in game. Tvayi Snihyaami is my name.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Just finished My Feisty Little Chocobo last night. I understand that there's only enough SP to max out one skill tree, so I assume it's best to just do that!

What's the best skills to plump for with my Chocobo? My main class is a bard. Also, I assume I can't get another Chocobo so I can have one for attack, one for healing?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Question Mark Mound posted:

Just finished My Feisty Little Chocobo last night. I understand that there's only enough SP to max out one skill tree, so I assume it's best to just do that!

What's the best skills to plump for with my Chocobo? My main class is a bard. Also, I assume I can't get another Chocobo so I can have one for attack, one for healing?

No, you can't get a second chocobo, but leveling it isn't really worthwhile anyway unless you want the special barding.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Only dump points in to the DPS tree because the only time you'll be using the chocobo is when you're plowing through weak mobs anyway.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Only dump points in to the DPS tree because the only time you'll be using the chocobo is when you're plowing through weak mobs anyway.
Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if it became useful later down the line or was just kind of a gimmick thing. At least DPS will help with multi-target FATEs!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ah, ok. Wasn't sure if it became useful later down the line or was just kind of a gimmick thing. At least DPS will help with multi-target FATEs!

Yup, I've not bothered even leveling my chocobo until I've got a few DoW classes to 50. The loving bird leeches like 25% of your xp from kills.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

tvayisnihyaami posted:

AV is pretty easy from what I remember. If you are on Excalibur server and need a tank, hit me up in game. Tvayi Snihyaami is my name.

I've been trying to find someone to tank AV for me for a few nights now, I might hit you up tomorrow. Need to rank up my GC, I'm Eva Nails in game.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

I made a short thing about day one of the Lightning event, which has all the event weapons modelled by a lalafell (best race). Mute as normal.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Yup, I've not bothered even leveling my chocobo until I've got a few DoW classes to 50. The loving bird leeches like 25% of your xp from kills.
Oh poo poo I didn't realise it took EXP away. Yeah gently caress that bird!

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Good lord, AV is a nightmare when you get an all-arcanist party. Pets die almost instantly to everything in the first boss.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Demitri Omni posted:

Good lord, AV is a nightmare when you get an all-arcanist party. Pets die almost instantly to everything in the first boss.

Yeah, AV requires more pet awareness than usual, which messes a lot of people up. It's best to Sustain early and fairly often, and learn to anticipate the third round of poison debuff so you're already almost done casting a resummon when it hits (and then click yourself a fruit right after it finishes). This goes for both SCH and SMN, though SCHs will have to be more particular about timing the resummon. It's not so bad once you get the hang of adding this into your normal methods.

EDIT: That said, you couldn't pay me enough to do it with an all-ACN team most nights, that's just asking for failure.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Dude, this isn't true. You get an extremely mild xp drop because it counts as a party member, but the value of the amount of experience the bird earns is exactly 25% of your own, that's it. It's a separate amount, it doesn't take away from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Even if it did, monster exp is pretty pitiful 20-40 exp is nothing where as having a chocobo to help DPS can speed up killing stuff greatly. When I leveled arcanist I had my carbuncle and chocobo out and I was killing 3 or 4 monsters at a time solo. It also makes it possible to do leves and hunting logs higher than your level pretty easily. That being said I think the DPS tree is the only tree to go, the tank tree can't keep agro at all from what I can see and the healer chocobo will tend to sit there and heal every nick in hp (very poorly) rather than help DPS.

• Locked thread