Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PongAtari
May 9, 2003
Hurry, hurry, hurry, try my rice and curry.

McSpatula posted:

That's the space docker :v:. I can help you dupe one when I get back on tonight - psn: gay__4__pay

Sweet! Guess I missed you yesterday, but I'll see if I can find you later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well driving around with the riot van is a scream. I giggle like an insane person when people see me round a corner and scatter. They're getting wise to the side windows though.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Practice driving in reverse, works for me. At least, until I ran into a guy who had deep pockets and had unlocked the RPG. Thankfully I'd already insured the drat thing by then, so he paid the premium+BSP+whatever ridiculous cost of ammo for each kill, and I could just bail and shoot him the old fashioned way.

It was nearly impossible to get the drat thing in my garage, though, the thing's a loving bullet magnet, everyone loves a challenge.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rollin around in the Riot Van, let's cause some mayhem - geeves412 (xbox)

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Weird thing, last time I booted up the game, it loaded me in the marsh south of zancudo airbase (where I was supposed to be) but for some reason a hot pink lamborghini was there too?

The only point to this story is that I'm super depressed that I'm only level 5, and thus didn't have a garage to put it in. :saddowns:

It was someone elses car and even if it wasn't unless you glitch it in (not sure this works on owned vehicles) you wouldn't have been able to drive it into your garage anyway.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jonesy posted:

It was nearly impossible to get the drat thing in my garage, though, the thing's a loving bullet magnet, everyone loves a challenge.

I didn't have that trouble, but I messed one part up and ended up with two uninsured vans and one insured. That first day, I drove out and just murdered people until I got destroyed, them had my mechanic deliver the next one.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Does the car have to be insured for the sell glitch to work? I have a duped uninsured Entity sitting around. That's another weird story btw, completely unintentional

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Elliptical Dick posted:

Does the car have to be insured for the sell glitch to work? I have a duped uninsured Entity sitting around. That's another weird story btw, completely unintentional

Does the entity have a tracker on it? Tracker's necessary to ensure when you switch back the car won't despawn like a normal stolen vehicle would.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

iRend posted:

Anybody on 360 want to trade a few race wins?
No, and gently caress you for making me join and spetate your golf match and get bad sport points for leaving. :arghfist::downs:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

At this rate, we're already into 2016's ActionCopter budget

and here's geeves throwing sparks in his police van

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I tried that selling your super car trick and it worked! Then I did it again, and after doing the sell glitch my almost maxed out Entity was sold for good.

I've done the car glitch 20 times with no accidents, is the super car glitch more 'dangerous' when selling?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
It seems to me from experience the glitches get more unstable depending on location. The LSC in the city seems most stable, the LSC nearest the airfield least stable, the one in the farthest corner that isn't a LSC, really close to LSC in the city, but it sold my car. Fortunately I needed the space and was had the 1.2 million I wanted.

And by stable I mean, the likeihood of you spawning outside your car, or your car just being gone. The one near the airfield pulled me out of my car every other reload, I just left.

As far as the super care one, no idea.

And man they sure are being slow on this whole new content before a slew of games eats up this games population thing.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 15, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

And man they sure are being slow on this whole new content before a slew of games eats up this games population thing.
Any bets they're playing it retarded and going to hold off until the Next-Gen console launches, then try to release the new content to try and draw people back?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

bisticles posted:

The action news stuff is great.

About to jump on. See you goons in the streets.

https://vine.co/v/ht7m91JuL3K

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Nuts and Gum posted:

I tried that selling your super car trick and it worked! Then I did it again, and after doing the sell glitch my almost maxed out Entity was sold for good.

I've done the car glitch 20 times with no accidents, is the super car glitch more 'dangerous' when selling?

I did it 10 times last night with no issue. Sounds like bad luck, hope you duped!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

me your dad posted:

I'm not sure how to find out. I ran it on speedtest.net and it didn't say anything about NAT. Any tips on letting the PS3 through without screwing up security?

Check it on the XMB. Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test

If you don't see NAT 1 or 2, or if you don't have UPnP enabled then it can cause problems connecting. Rockstar support should tell you what ports you need to open.

As far as security, I don't know.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Argh! I called my mechanic to drop off my akuma, and instead he dropped off my elegy (which was impounded at the time). Now I have two elegys and no akuma. Any of you glitchers know how this happened? Can I get my akuma back somehow? Or is it gone forever? If it is, is it safe to sell my second elegy?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dear Rockstar: Please allow us to sent Merryweather mercs to storm apartments when Bounty targets are sitting in them.
But I guess three to five people on every full freeroam match sitting in apartments and garages until a timer counts down is AAA+ grade game design too, whatever.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I'm done. I'm totally done.

I'm done killing people, I'm done racing, and I'm done polluting the environment. I have enough money, I just want to live happily.

So I bought a bike, dropped all my weapons, and made this my new personal soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsnLI1XOT5Y

Add GhostsKSG on PSN if you want to be friends :-)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Man we're already friends but I don't think I can support this lifestyle choice. You won't even loving murder people anymore? What's next, veganism? Euphoria? Tolerance?

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Riding bikes with you was incredibly relaxing, highly recommended. Until the bit where I shot up the subway and got killed by the cops :( Help me let go of my violent past!

Kameleon fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 15, 2013

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Nuts and Gum posted:

I accidentally sold my Adder! But it was my own stupid fault. I accidentally searched for a new session instead of switching characters. My Entity sells for almost the same amount though because it's more customizable. So now I have to glitch enough to make back my Adder.

Mo' money, mo' problems.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Croccers posted:

Any bets they're playing it retarded and going to hold off until the Next-Gen console launches, then try to release the new content to try and draw people back?

It's probably more a case of the game making more money then they had anticipated, so what's the point.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Glitch sold my Entity twice to get the money back I lost on my F620. I can see why it's so addicting though. So easy....

edit: I'll be damned if I can find a new F620 though. Does it spawn anywhere else besides Del Perro pier? I seem to remember there was a mission that had it too...

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 15, 2013

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Cute as heck posted:

I'm done. I'm totally done.

I'm done killing people, I'm done racing, and I'm done polluting the environment. I have enough money, I just want to live happily.

So I bought a bike, dropped all my weapons, and made this my new personal soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsnLI1XOT5Y

Add GhostsKSG on PSN if you want to be friends :-)

We can totally pack bikes into the back of some Rebels and ride down Mt Chiliad some time.

add kinjirotadokoro

or swimming. swimming rules.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

bisticles posted:

And the aftermath:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Hello Kitty Grenade Launcher never gets old :3:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

geeves posted:

And the aftermath:

The fact that you took those first three pictures while you had Wanted stars makes them all that nicer. I'm loving those Magic Hour shots, too.

Rockstar (or some smart enterprising individual) should sell white star decals to put on your IRL car's windshield. Not saying I'd use them, but I could see them being a bit hit among the putting-stickers-on-things crowd.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Oh cool 50 new posts of glitch-chat. That sure is awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I should be out of BSH this evening for some hard-hitting investigative journalism. If I'm not on late tonight after typical friday night festivities, I'll definitely be around tomorrow.

I'd really like to get a news team of about 4-6 rolling around in the same lobby and see what kind of ridiculous poo poo we can get into.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Air Julio posted:

Oh cool 50 new posts of glitch-chat. That sure is awesome.

Sorry for posting about my experiences with the game. Personally I don't have the time or desire to grind back money R* lost me because of a bug in their code.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elliptical Dick posted:

Sorry for posting about my experiences with the game. Personally I don't have the time or desire to grind back money R* lost me because of a bug in their code.

And Air Julio doesn't have the time or desire to read about it. :v:

also - the stock market. Remember that? It's a thing? Does anyone still do anything with it? Is it even in GTA:O? That is how much I completely forgot about it until I went back to SP to do an assassination.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Elliptical Dick posted:

Please stop talking about GTA:O in the GTA:O thread.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I thought that I read before online launched the stock market was going to be part of the game - that was awhile ago though. Perhaps that'll be introduced when the heists are?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So the disc is pretty nifty. The game did come with a map. I dont know how to use a map.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kelly posted:

Please stop talking about GTA:O in the GTA:O thread.
We should take about Simeon missions again. Let's talk about Simeon missions again. gently caress Simeon missions. Yes, get the Level 5 new pubbies in unupgraded cars to chase down clones of the Terminator in bullet-proof tire pimp wagons. I love smashing the car to poo poo before turning it into Simeon.
They are the worst missions in the whole thing, thank gently caress you aren't forced to play them if you have friends getting cooler and half-decent missions.

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Really, what is there to talk about in GTA:O but Cheating, griefing, and bullshit bugs?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

AxeBreaker posted:

Really, what is there to talk about in GTA:O but Cheating, griefing, and bullshit bugs?

How much Rockstar dropped the ball with GTA Online? I don't know :(

Although I rewatched the GTA Online trailer just for kicks and they make it look so cool and fun, yet you get in game and its pretty much just people killing each other.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Finally garaged and insured a tank after a week of trying. Getting them to spawn at the base is weird sometimes. If I let my character idle there on mt Joshua the tanks would sometimes never spawn. I forget what it was exactly, but I would either get the jeeps to come after me if that's all that was spawning, then shake the police and go back and the tanks might be there. Or go do a mission/race/golf and the base would start spawning tanks again.

I garaged my first tank on my like second try a week ago, but didn't insure it right and mistakenly blew it up. In the future, if you want to verify that your vehicle is insured via the glitch, call your mechanic and make sure the sacrifice car is not in the list.

Three days after the first tank I got another tank and tried to garage it. But I let a pubbie punk me so bad by letting him get close enough at my garage and steal it from me. I wasn't able to get another tank to spawn that night.

Then the next couple days were unsuccessful garaging days.

Finally last night I got it in and then got it insured. I had to try to insure it 4 times. To get the tank in you have to make sure you call the person you are requesting a job from before getting out of the tank.

To make sure you insure it right you must jump to the online store while driving out of the garage. I forgot that part all the other times I tried insuring it.

Despite all that it was worth it because now I have an insured tank and this game is the GTA-iest when you got that going on.

Along the way I took pics of weird stuff. There were like 6 tanks all bunched up here. when I took the picture three of them went the other way but you can see them behind the barracks.

After unsuccessfully getting the tank stuck on the other side of the garage door the game threw it into the ether and then respawned it in midair behind my garage. It let me get in it and then the physics for it started working.

Totally worth it. Buzzard, Riot Van, Tank. I'm ready for griefin', havokin', and missions. I thought I would want a Cargobob, Jet and Titan, but really the three I have will enable me to do everything I want without worrying about their delicate airframes smoking after what feels like too few bullets.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 15, 2013

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Psion posted:

And Air Julio doesn't have the time or desire to read about it. :v:

That's fair enough but I think it's pretty loving dumb to complain about posts about the game in a thread dedicated to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Soulex posted:

So the disc is pretty nifty. The game did come with a map. I dont know how to use a map.
I wish the map had locations that were actually valuable pointed out on it, like the customs shops and mini marts, and points of interest like the FIB HQ and Maze Bank building, etc.

• Locked thread