Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Luckyellow posted:

Yes. That is it exactly. This is why people in Russia have those dash-cams in every car, the insurance fraud is rampant over there.

So you just need to turn your camera off and go over the guy a few times? :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ddbPj4unY

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

If you like that, here he is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-QOCgMzAQ

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

This is my favorite "chav gets what he deserves" video. Some cage fighters were out on the town in drag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3BEEEX_fg

That was beautiful, the way that one dude clocks two of them to the ground in about a second and a half... :allears:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Via imgur:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CXwgifA4U

"JANICE IT HURTS" will always be my favorite fat kid in discomfort video.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Aerdan posted:

Via imgur:

Assassin's Creed has killed more teenagers than drugs and booze combined.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Davfff posted:

That was beautiful, the way that one dude clocks two of them to the ground in about a second and a half... :allears:

I had to watch it a few times to figure out what happened. One second they were crowding around the guy in a frock, the next they were all on the floor. Hard bastard!

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

monkeytennis posted:

I had to watch it a few times to figure out what happened. One second they were crowding around the guy in a frock, the next they were all on the floor. Hard bastard!

MMA fighter kinds of gives that away

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CXwgifA4U

"JANICE IT HURTS" will always be my favorite fat kid in discomfort video.

Janice is my new hero, loving hell, ha ha!!!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
People passing out on thrill rides.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-aCUyIkZ0
This poor guy passes out twice, but handles it like a champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M_XeCnNx1s
I was in tears just watching the guy's face. The way his (boy?)friend consoles him was kind of cute too. :3:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Angry Guacamole posted:

I'm 90% certain that this fits the spirit of the thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40spFXvyMbY
A one hour compilation of rally mishaps with occasional bits of annoyance near the front end.

Also related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtziWbDCNNs

I'm not sure who's having a worse time, the driver or the navigator. The video never fails to make me laugh.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I like how he sounds like Randy from A Christmas Story when he can't put his arms down.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Davfff posted:

The best part was the skinny shirtless fuckhead doing the "get-up, stagger a few steps and faceplant again because your knees don't work properly".

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
This is pretty mild on the schadenfreude scale, but it's hilarious watching the president of Domino's Pizza squirm as he stumbles through a painfully anime commercial.

"I knew our talented Domino's Pizza Crew could work together and create great Vocaloid... songs."

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mizuti posted:

This is pretty mild on the schadenfreude scale, but it's hilarious watching the president of Domino's Pizza squirm as he stumbles through a painfully anime commercial.

"I knew our talented Domino's Pizza Crew could work together and create great Vocaloid... songs."
Just listen to that triumphant background music, though.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

kinmik posted:

loving hell that had me in tears

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

AFewBricksShy posted:

Kevin Trudeau has made millions of dollars by promoting a bunch of bullshit about "The stuff they don't want you to know". The Federal Trade commission has come down on him for how he markets his bullshit, and he decided not to pay a 37 million dollar fine that was levied against him, actively trying to hide his assets so he can pretend that he's broke.

He's just been jailed for contempt of court:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/11/14/kevin_trudeau_jailed_for_contempt_of_court.html

Come on guys,based on what we know of him, every single one of his products has been proven to help people. Every one of them. There's no doubt and to claim other is to discredit the man after his lifetime of scientific research.

Seriously, pay attention - his next book "How To Break Out Of Prison In 10 Easy Steps THEY Don't Want You To Know" will certainly be a bestseller after he gets shivved by prisoners who tried his other programs and realized they got fleeced by the most outstanding example of walking human poo poo outside of Andrew Wakefield.

Death sells, people. Death sells.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

kinmik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M_XeCnNx1s
I was in tears just watching the guy's face. The way his (boy?)friend consoles him was kind of cute too. :3:

What is this anyway? Is it a panic response or some blood flow thing (both?)?

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Sad lions posted:

Some people just black out when they panic - it's like the people who faint at the sight of blood, their blood pressure suddenly crashes and they just drop. I've seen people do it riding a horse because they panicked, got scared and dropped. No injuries thankfully, but the horse was pretty confused.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I nearly passed out a couple of weeks ago when I put my hand through a plate glass door. Didn't slice up my hand very much at all, but while I was rinsing the cuts and picking out glass slivers with tweezers, suddenly I got a chill and was very light-headed for a minute or so.

Actually, the whole thing would have been perfect for this thread. I slipped on a wet moss-covered paving stone like a goddamn idiot and tried to stop my fall by pushing off against the door. The goddamn plate glass door.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Sad lions posted:

It could be a case of dehydration/low blood pressure and high g-forces not mixing well.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

KozmoNaut posted:

I nearly passed out a couple of weeks ago when I put my hand through a plate glass door. Didn't slice up my hand very much at all, but while I was rinsing the cuts and picking out glass slivers with tweezers, suddenly I got a chill and was very light-headed for a minute or so.

Actually, the whole thing would have been perfect for this thread. I slipped on a wet moss-covered paving stone like a goddamn idiot and tried to stop my fall by pushing off against the door. The goddamn plate glass door.

I pass out if I lose any appreciable amount of blood from a cut. Strangely, nosebleeds don't seem to have this effect on me at all. I once cut halfway into the nail of my pinkie finger trimming cauliflower when I was working in a grocery store, I wrapped it in my apron and went to the designated first aid certified person (behind the deli counter). She told me to run it under cold water. When I took it out from my apron there were these tiny little squirts of blood coming out, and I told her that I was probably going to faint, but she insisted on running it under the water. I felt myself blacking out and I said "I'm fainting now. I'm fainting." I woke up on the floor with a concussion from falling on my head on cement, but no longer feeling faint at all. Then two other employees insisted on supporting me at both arms all the way to the breakroom. Thanks for listening to me and not doing anything until after the fact, grocery store employees! At least I got a free 2L thing of juice and the rest of the day off with pay. Go unions.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcOFPgB-Mf4
A martial arts compilation of people being terrible at brick breaking, not kicking their friends in the face, and remaining standing while kicking.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Sad lions posted:

If you have something like positional hypotension it can be pretty easy to pass out on sudden shifts like that, could even be completely unrelated to panic. I have it and just standing up quick can make me dizzy for a few seconds. I'm sort of wary of going on thrill rides for that reason, even though I loved them growing up.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Those guys in particular seem super scared of the whole thing (though the first one tries so drat hard to hide it). Honestly, I hope theres never a time of actual danger for themselves or anyone around them because... welp, down they go.

So weird watching it in action, though. I had no idea people could just conk out like that while someone else in the same position is completely fine.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sad lions posted:

Those guys in particular seem super scared of the whole thing (though the first one tries so drat hard to hide it). Honestly, I hope theres never a time of actual danger for themselves or anyone around them because... welp, down they go.

So weird watching it in action, though. I had no idea people could just conk out like that while someone else in the same position is completely fine.

A time of danger such as being forced to pilot a space shuttle to plant a nuclear weapon on an asteroid.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Sad lions posted:

I'm a fainter and at least in my case, actual danger isn't an issue. A nasty picture of a car accident is worse than an actual car accident. If you're involved in the poo poo, your stress levels and heart rate or whatever can counteract the blood pressure drop, or at least that's what it feels like.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcOFPgB-Mf4
A martial arts compilation of people being terrible at brick breaking, not kicking their friends in the face, and remaining standing while kicking.

:siren: glorious twofer at 2:28 :siren:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mizuti posted:

I saw this one a while back too and I think Scott there must have had some kind of direction on cadence and tone for that commercial because the delivery is just not natural for an English speaker - especially in the first half. There are parts of it, more towards the end, where he sounds like he may be just as glad this won't be shown in the US.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

das Kraken posted:

I'm a fainter and at least in my case, actual danger isn't an issue. A nasty picture of a car accident is worse than an actual car accident. If you're involved in the poo poo, your stress levels and heart rate or whatever can counteract the blood pressure drop, or at least that's what it feels like.

Yeah, this is the case with me as well. Listening to somebody tell a story of a surgery they had can knock me out, but I can be bleeding profusely and be okay. Of course, sometimes it seems completely random. Last time I passed out I was standing at a urinal in the public bathroom of a waterpark. Not the best experience, but certainly an entertaining story to tell.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

das Kraken posted:

This is absolutely true, at least for me. I've only been in danger in fleeting moments that come and go in the blink of an eye(car accidents). When that happens my heart rate jumps but other than that I'm not really affected. On the other hand, if I hadn't been sitting in a comfortable chair during The Grey, I may have passed out during the scene towards the beginning where a guy slowly bleeds out while his friends watch. Maybe its the time that distance allows you to think about whats happening and how horrible it is, when its happening to you there's no time to think.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

:siren: glorious twofer at 2:28 :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqzpG6NN4o

This one's a classic also. Let me karate chop this metal bar instead of hitting the coconuts.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

canyoneer posted:

I just love watching martial arts dudes loving up, especially karate guys.

They're all so high and mighty about their belts and focusing energy and respect for the black belts and all that bullshit, it's so refreshing to see them taken down a notch or two.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

KozmoNaut posted:

I just love watching martial arts dudes loving up, especially karate guys.

They're all so high and mighty about their belts and focusing energy and respect for the black belts and all that bullshit, it's so refreshing to see them taken down a notch or two.

But what makes them decide to do stuff like that? Specifically the dojo guys. I get that sometimes things go wrong but most of the time it looks like these guys don't even know what they're doing, and the result is that they get hurt and embarrassed. Like the coconut guy, surely he didn't think he could really chop all those coconuts with his hand? Did he successfully chop coconuts before and this is an off day? Why would somebody who can't do that tell everybody they can do it and then film themselves trying and failing? I just don't get it.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Croisquessein posted:

But what makes them decide to do stuff like that? Specifically the dojo guys. I get that sometimes things go wrong but most of the time it looks like these guys don't even know what they're doing, and the result is that they get hurt and embarrassed. Like the coconut guy, surely he didn't think he could really chop all those coconuts with his hand? Did he successfully chop coconuts before and this is an off day? Why would somebody who can't do that tell everybody they can do it and then film themselves trying and failing? I just don't get it.

An inflated sense of skill and power is the quintessence of Bullshido. I used to take a martial art back in high school that claimed that it was the only art to allow you to use the full strength of your body in your techniques, and that its brand-new black belts were capable of taking down Kung Fu red belts before the Kung Fu guy could even get into stance. One of its nearby competitors runs a tournament where staff-flipping with no actual attack or defense maneuvers, or "katas" that involve nothing more than changing stances while screaming are considered the pinnacle of martial arts prowess. And these people think they've become hardened warriors who can whip the rear end of anyone who looks at them funny.

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Nov 15, 2013

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

An inflated sense of skill and power is the quintessence of Bullshido. I used to take a martial art back in high school that claimed that it was the only art to allow you to use the full strength of your body in your techniques, and that its brand-new black belts were capable of taking down Kung Fu red belts before the Kung Fu guy could even get into stance. One of its nearby competitors runs a tournament where staff-flipping with no actual attack or defense maneuvers, or "katas" that involve nothing more than changing stances while screaming are considered the pinnacle of martial arts prowess. And these people think they've become hardened warriors who can whip the rear end of anyone who looks at them funny.

So it's magical thinking basically? They just assume "I did the training, I'm now awesome, watch me break cinder blocks"? Do they really think life is a cartoon? And do they try again afterwards or do they knock some sense into themselves?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Croisquessein posted:

So it's magical thinking basically? They just assume "I did the training, I'm now awesome, watch me break cinder blocks"? Do they really think life is a cartoon? And do they try again afterwards or do they knock some sense into themselves?

It's often a matter of having been able to do X, so thinking that X+1 should be doable as well. They'd be right, if they didn't so woefully overestimate the value of "1". "I can break boards, so next I'll break a car" kind of stuff. And they tend to seem to like knocking the sense out of themselves more, to the point where their failures are blamed on other people - "you're not holding it right", "you interfered with my chi", "you didn't believe in my ability to knock you over with my magical lifeforce magic, and that's cheating", stuff like that.

I literally got bitched out for complaining about a martial arts instructor doing a katana demo in which he violated several cardinal rules (including "never cut toward your front leg" and "never drop your eyes/head on the cut") which are safety measures, not mystical warrior crap. I was told that I obviously didn't understand his "style", that it was too advanced for me if I thought he was doing something dangerous, and that his form was a perfect reconstruction of real Japanese swordsmanship, as opposed to whatever lovely fake Americanized school I was learning from. This guy was my teacher's teacher.

It's tribalism, magical thinking, and just a little bit of being too stupid to know otherwise. Which is why it's just so satisfying to watch them gently caress up so horribly.

\/\/\/: That's the one I meant by the bit about the lifeforce magic. Thanks!

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Here's how to break boards:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2613/how-do-martial-artists-break-boards-and-bricks-using-only-their-bare-hands

It's a great deal of careful setup.

I think this has been shown in this thread before, but here's a guy who can stop punches WITH THE POWER OF HIS MIND.:allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

He gets totally rocked when someone doesn't play pretend and actually punches him in the face. 5 or 6 times.

• Locked thread