Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
That's some good art, I'm really surprised. Didn't the Injustice comic have that one goofy Batman face when he finds out Damian killed Dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Action Tortoise posted:

That's some good art, I'm really surprised. Didn't the Injustice comic have that one goofy Batman face when he finds out Damian killed Dick?

Word on the internet street is that the colorist(s) wrecked some perfectly fine line art.

E: Print version, with coloring redone by the line artist.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 14, 2013

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Mmmmmf.

(Avengers 119)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unkempt posted:

Mmmmmf.

(Avengers 119)

The Swordsman is clearly being interrupted while in make-out mode, so if that's what he has on his mind, it's probably good that we didn't get to see things progress.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Yup, that panel fits this thread pretty well (source is Injustice #17):

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yup, that panel fits this thread pretty well (source is Injustice #17):

Gary Busey makes an interesting Batman.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man should be read by everybody. For instance, issue 5 provides a valuable life lesson that is applicable in many situations:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man should be read by everybody. For instance, issue 5 provides a valuable life lesson that is applicable in many situations:

I wish I knew that six months ago...

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

CapnAndy posted:

The last two pages of the issue are absolutely amazing. It was like a combination of laughing and "hell yeah".

Edit: Screw it.

Suben fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 14, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suben posted:

The last two pages of the issue are absolutely amazing. It was like a combination of laughing and "hell yeah".

Edit: Screw it.

That last page is amazing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Gavok posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us Annual #1 is awesome, guys.

I'm not at all a DC fan or even a regular comics reader these days, but gosh I like the art here. Yes it's flat, straight-on POV but that's what you use for comedy. Great faces!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My favorite part of that book is Black Canaries :stare: , through out the book. Because it is so loving appropriate. I think it's just the way the artist draws her but she has this wide eyed look which is great.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Why is that guy (who?) stealing that head?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's Shocker. I don't know why he's stealing the head, but he seems deeply troubled by it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ha! Months back someone posted the legend of Silvermane and the kid here in the forums. Having these pages pop up now is like some long drawn out punchline in effect. :allears:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The pages explaining that were posted earlier, but that head is the thought dead cyborg head (heh) of the Maggia.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Dan Didio posted:

That's Shocker. I don't know why he's stealing the head, but he seems deeply troubled by it.

He's living up to his name. Look at that kid's expression on the last page.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so why is silvermane living as just a head?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
A car compactor.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

AkumaHokoru posted:

so why is silvermane living as just a head?

Waterhaul posted:

The "completely real" History of Silvermane in Superior Foes of Spider-Man #3

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Holy poo poo when is the trade for that coming out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The best part about the issue is it's revealed that Boomerang is an unreliable narrator and the actual priceless treasure the Sinister Six Five were actually trying to capture is a painting of Dr. Doom without his mask on. But then at the end, the reader, and Shocker, find out the whole Silvermane story was true all along.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A concussed Shocker trying to give out bits of moral advice are amazing.

"Stay in school..... don't do drugs....."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I want to point out one amazing thing about that page.
Shocker is missing a belt buckle on his costume. The reason for that is he had a big lightning bolt there as a memento from his Thunderbolts days.
Last issue Luke Cage whups his rear end, sees that symbol and tears it off, saying he doesn't deserve it anymore.

He is still missing the belt one issue later. That is some good continuity there.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Jerusalem posted:

A concussed Shocker trying to give out bits of moral advice are amazing.

"Stay in school..... don't do drugs....."

That's probably a reference to the musician Peaches. It's a lyric from her song Rock the Shocker.

EDIT: It's actually from her famous song gently caress the Pain Away, but she does have a song about the sex move the Shocker.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 15, 2013

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Lightning Lord posted:

That's probably a reference to the musician Peaches. It's a lyric from her song Rock the Shocker.

Truly one of the Teaches of Peaches. That is a fantastically subtle inside joke.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh wow, that's a really nice touch.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Christ, this things like a loving onion.

gently caress it, I'm going to see if I can hit up LCBS and get all the issues.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Christ, this things like a loving onion.

gently caress it, I'm going to see if I can hit up LCBS and get all the issues.

They are really, really worth it. Superior Foes is perfect if you're looking for lighthearted fun.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Read American Barbarian #1 or I hate you.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

American Barbarian was first a webcomic! Also on that site are Tom Scioli's subsequent repeated webcomics: Final Frontier (what if the Fantastic Four were also the Beatles?), Satan's Soldier (an evil superhero - not a supervillain), and Mystery Object (lots and lots of Mario imagery).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bongo Bill posted:

American Barbarian was first a webcomic! Also on that site are Tom Scioli's subsequent repeated webcomics: Final Frontier (what if the Fantastic Four were also the Beatles?), Satan's Soldier (an evil superhero - not a supervillain), and Mystery Object (lots and lots of Mario imagery).

Mods please ban for punnery. :mad:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Wait, Tokyo's Great Wall of China?! No, No, No, this giant clothed mythological beast's story doesn't check out at all!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Marvel's NOW! What?

The Resistance Therapy just kills me. Wonder if they'd include Spock or Alpha if Slott wasn't still working there.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Oh wow, Scott Adsit wrote that? Neat. There's a SHIELD agent modeled after him in Deadpool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Reed gave him a rose along with an autographed picture :3:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
No one respects David Hasslehoff :(

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Who's the human in the suit among the Watcher crowd?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Choco1980 posted:

Who's the human in the suit among the Watcher crowd?

Looks like Professor Xavier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That Galactus panel is cracking me up. "I'm proud of you."

• Locked thread