Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I thought the shower sodomy story was about Duke Droese.

Christ, I didn't expect to type that sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That's why they call him the dumpster.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Brian Christopher was the victim in the first version of the story I heard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Palmer Cannon definitely quit WWE after an altercation with JBL, the only question is what JBL tried to do.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Palmer Cannon definitely quit WWE after an altercation with JBL, the only question is what JBL tried to do.

Supposedly (grain of salt) it was a lot of verbal sexual harassment not unlike what went on with John Martin and Richie Incognito in the NFL. On top of that, one of the reasons Cannon wanted to go home was because his father died, and supposedly he was ribbed about that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So a lifetime dream is going to come true, I'm going to Wrestlemania 30! Question, does the ticket include entry to fan axcess or is that a seperate purchase?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've never seen a single second of Palmer Canon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I've never seen a single second of Palmer Canon.

He lasted less than a month IIRC, so that's not surprising.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Palmer Cannon's career highlight was having a short fat gentleman beat him with a ham. This is not a euphemism or code language.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think JBL is probably a closeted bisexual.

Judging by some of his commentary on London/Kendrick matches, he's barely even "closeted".

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I think the correct term here would be "in denial."

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

She had a string of weird gimmicks. Remember the time her gimmick was basically, "This woman is a terrible singer?" They even did a Christmas album.

And it led to the second best segment that Daivari was ever in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbpPSzLKuGk

(THAT Kurt Angle promo is #1)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

whatsabattle posted:

(THAT Kurt Angle promo is #1)

"Who'd he ever beat?"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching that Cena/JBL I Quit match, has a face ever legit lost an I Quit match (ie. Not the Mankind/Rock one).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dimebags Brain posted:

Watching that Cena/JBL I Quit match, has a face ever legit lost an I Quit match (ie. Not the Mankind/Rock one).

Rey Mysterio lost one to Chavo Guererro.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo.

I think Mick Foley lost one once because someone was going to attack Melina?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Bard Maddox posted:

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo.

Ric Flair and yes

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Bard Maddox posted:

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo.

Ric Flair.

Oops, beaten. I have a memory of Flair threatening to kill Melina or something during that match, did that actually happen?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Perry Normal posted:

Ric Flair.

Oops, beaten. I have a memory of Flair threatening to kill Melina or something during that match, did that actually happen?

Hit her with a Barbed-Wire Baseball bat.

Also, I have a question. In one of the Botchamanias there are clips of old wrestling with Cole and King/Foley commentating over it and corpsing. Anyone know where that's from?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Onmi posted:

Also, I have a question. In one of the Botchamanias there are clips of old wrestling with Cole and King/Foley commentating over it and corpsing. Anyone know where that's from?

WWE 24/7 did a version of "showdown at shea" with Cole and Foley commentating and basically corpsing over everything. It's up on youtube somewhere and the whole thing is amazing. Just don't watch for the matches and enjoy Cole showing that he can be funny as hell sometimes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Was Palmer Cannon the kinda' chubby guy they had playing an exec of some kind? Because if so, it's still hilarious that he had a segment where he was like, "Let's move Smackdown to Fridays!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yes, he kind of looked like that picture of Nerd Brock Lesnar.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Perry Normal posted:

Ric Flair.

Flair was actually the face in that match and Foley was the heel. So I think Rey vs Chavo is the only I quit match of recent memory where the face gave up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

Was Palmer Cannon the kinda' chubby guy they had playing an exec of some kind? Because if so, it's still hilarious that he had a segment where he was like, "Let's move Smackdown to Fridays!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMYd7FBZzQ

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

So a lifetime dream is going to come true, I'm going to Wrestlemania 30! Question, does the ticket include entry to fan axcess or is that a seperate purchase?

Separate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't Jillian have a gimmick in OVW or FCW or something after she got breast implants, where the implants were possessed or poisoned or something and turned her into a heel?

Because I don't want to believe I just made that up in my own head.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't Jillian have a gimmick in OVW or FCW or something after she got breast implants, where the implants were possessed or poisoned or something and turned her into a heel?

Because I don't want to believe I just made that up in my own head.

...I'm not sure how to even properly google research that without feeling like a total lunatic-pervert.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glamorama26 posted:

...I'm not sure how to even properly google research that without feeling like a total lunatic-pervert.

Haha, that's the exact reason I asked in this thread instead!

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Jerusalem posted:

Haha, that's the exact reason I asked in this thread instead!

Mercifully, Wikipedia bailed me out...

Wikipedia posted:

After getting breast implants, as well as straightening and bleaching her hair blonde, she turned into a villain. The villainous turn was motivated in an angle where her implants "leaked into her brain", causing her to become psychotic.

So yes, this angle happened and I have to imagine Russo was enraged he was beaten to the punch.

Also really glad I didn't have to google "Jillian Hall, crazy mind controlling ta-tas angle" or whatever the gently caress I was about to force myself to do.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HHH also lost an I Quit match the night after the '99 Rumble to the Rock as the Corporation was threatening to attack Chyna.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Want Jillian able to do 450s and junk before her implants?

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
One of the WCW referees was also bullied by Bradshaw and threatened with rape after he decided to fly first class (with his own money).

JBL was always a locker room bully until he was promoted to the upper echelon. The only one who was able to stand up to him was Joey Styles, of all people.

Lance Storm once tried and this was the result.

PW Torch posted:

This is from PWTorch.com

- Several weeks ago Lance Storm, who is currently a trainer at WWE’s Ohio Valley Wrestling territory, told the wrestlers he was training what to expect when called up to the main roster. He commented on how the Smackdown locker room is more old-school, and they can expect to experience more hazing and rubbing there, which is something Storm openly calls unprofessional. He singled out JBL and Hardcore Holly as two people to look out for. One of the OVW wrestlers passed along what Storm had said to Hardcore Holly and several other Smackdown wrestlers.

Storm had advised Derek Jeter (the OVW wrestler, not the baseball player) not to abide by the ruling of the backstage “Wrestlers Court”. Jeter ended up getting in trouble when commenting on not liking how he was stuck in a tag team, and the “wrestlers court” (with judge JBL) punishment for him was to fetch beers for JBL and watch tapes of tag team matches.

Storm was not pleased with this, and told Jeter to stop wasting his time with it. On WrestleMania weekend, when Storm and Holly crossed paths, Holly told Storm to “F*** off” under his breath. When Storm crossed paths with JBL, he challenged Storm to a fight, but storm Managed to keep the situation from escalating.

Depending on who you ask, the incident was seen as Storm backing down from a challenge or JBL overreacting and looking foolish.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

JBL was the worst, but the locker room in general was mad at Billy Silverman. First class was inexplicably a big deal in 2001. I believe they are no longer giant babies about it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Has Del Rio ever had a really good match in WWE? I've never seen anything spectacular from him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bigass Moth posted:

Has Del Rio ever had a really good match in WWE? I've never seen anything spectacular from him.

TLC 2011 vs Miz vs Punk was pretty great for him (DUAL-WIELDING CHAIRS)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Wasn't just sexual verbal abuse if anything it was more JBL's crew just completely working him over going to so far as saying Palmer's brother who died in a car accident was burning in hell and things like that.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bigass Moth posted:

His ladder match against Christian at Extreme Rules was great. He's had good singles matches against Christian again (SummerSlam 2013) Orton (Hell in a Cell 2012), John Cena (Vengeance), and there was a pretty good match against Bryan on some random Raw that I don't remember when.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The wrestler's name was Johnny Jeter, not Derek Jeter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bigass Moth posted:

The double turn with Ziggler at Payback was also really top quality, although more due to booking and psychology than in-ring work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Who is the shithead that squealed on Storm is what I wanna know