Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Brotein_Shake posted:

I am noticing fewer and fewer AWCO guys on PS3, is there a new hot crew that PS3 users are in?

Mountain Crew almost always has at least one other crew member on when I'm on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

Just set it down outside of your garage or somebody elses and go for a drink. It'll pop the softer player cars as they roll out.

Maybe it's for the better. I've got everything else but aircraft.

Holy poo poo, does this give you bad sport points?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If he was in the tank it would, otherwise no.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Brotein_Shake posted:

I am noticing fewer and fewer AWCO guys on PS3, is there a new hot crew that PS3 users are in?

I still rep AWCO, though I'm active on Weazel Action News right now.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Brotein_Shake posted:

I for one have had connectivity issues the last few days. And when I do connect, there seems to be a problem with matchmaking. If I host a race, I often see other crew members in the invite screen even though they're not on my server.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

coyo7e posted:

I'm not sure what your point is, you always get bad sport warnings for blowing up personal cars. Unless it didn't credit you for having doe so.

My point is that I go around and destroy 15 or so personal vehicles in each lobby I go in and I'm still being given bad sport warnings - the game has never put me in bad sport hell, whereas I know plenty of people who have destroy 3 or 4 and have already been given time in the hole. I'm also still receiving the money for being a good sport, I'm also labelled as a dodgy player.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

My point is that I go around and destroy 15 or so personal vehicles in each lobby I go in and I'm still being given bad sport warnings - the game has never put me in bad sport hell, whereas I know plenty of people who have destroy 3 or 4 and have already been given time in the hole. I'm also still receiving the money for being a good sport, I'm also labelled as a dodgy player.

I get warnings that other players want to kick me from the session for being a bad sport. What was I doing at the time? On top of a windmill sniping NPCs on the highway.. What was I doing before? Nothing. Bisticlz and I were in a session all our own

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The whole bad sport thing seems pretty broken. I don't get the emphasis on personal cars really, paying the deductible makes perfect sense but seems like enough in its own. If I was designing the bad sport system if throw points at people who were spawn killing, or killing unarmed players.

Incidentally I should be out of BSH by now, I spent 4 days in the clink because a pubby got into my booby trapped Simeon car which blew up his insured Prius :psyduck:

I was repping The Bad Sport Bears the whole time and never saw another crew member :(

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Every lobby I got into has a tank in it. I get it, you glitched a tank. Now gently caress off.

Is the airstrike bugged? I throw the flare away from me and ran away and it just lands exactly on my location.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ravenkult posted:

Every lobby I got into has a tank in it. I get it, you glitched a tank. Now gently caress off.

Is the airstrike bugged? I throw the flare away from me and ran away and it just lands exactly on my location.

Tanks in the city limits are my favorite. My akuma is so loving agile that I can play chicken with the guy just long enough for the mugger to sneak up :haw:

PongAtari
May 9, 2003
Hurry, hurry, hurry, try my rice and curry.

Brotein_Shake posted:

On a bad day I can always find at least 5 AWCO guys online... I see lots of people talking about how dead AWCO is, but I always find a good crew to play with around 10 PM - 1 AM EST.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
10:40 EST now. PSN maaaytag or in game Bud_F. Tradr races? Tired of having crappy guns

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Maytag posted:

10:40 EST now. PSN maaaytag or in game Bud_F. Tradr races? Tired of having crappy guns

In-game? We don't see your character name, only your PSN name. I guess that means the Bud_F on my friend list is someone completely random.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Yeah PSN is maaaytag

I am Bud_F. No mic.

Maytag fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 16, 2013

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Does anybody have the link to that vehicle mods spreadsheet handy?

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

xbox is being all fucky for me. Anyone else?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Thank you random mexican hacker for the 6 mil.

I guess I can afford another bicycle c:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
FINALLY got my Rhino into Tinsel Towers. I guess what I saw from that video that I posted helped - if you steal a tank from the base (vs. a Pegasus tank), park on top of a blue mission marker, get out of the tank so that the mission starts, exit the mission, and then try to glitch the tank in. My character just could not teleport into the tank from the right-hand side before I did that. Took me maybe 3-4 tries until I got the button timing right.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I think its funny the only things that anyone would really care about at least in my opinion is an underwear gun and a broken bottle in this new over hyped by the devs free dlc.

Could care less about new vehicles, really the thing we need are more mods. And the missions... We need more race maps in the LA aqueducts. Besides that where the hell are heists? I've been racking up so many friends now and I'd see the fact that I've been getting along with so many people means there are lots of people who frequent the game who I know I could have my back.

I actually am a little excited for the underwear gun, it kinda suits my character. Like it's an ankle strap I like using a lot. Or an extension of my confidence in my own manhood, I'm coloring it pink. It probably would be more convenient to wear it in your underwear though.

It has plenty of stopping power, he was putting on his pants and it stopped him!...

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 16, 2013

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Lunethex posted:

If he was in the tank it would, otherwise no.

No way. My friends were running personal cars into my ditched tank when I was half way across the city. I distinctly remember paying for premiums. I'm sure I recall BSP warnings too.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

beanieson posted:

Tanks in the city limits are my favorite. My akuma is so loving agile that I can play chicken with the guy just long enough for the mugger to sneak up :haw:

I used my ratloader to trap a tank by backing up against it. For some reason he couldn't move and I was too close for him to shoot me. He got out and I shotgunned him to death.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Naw you're still going to catch Bad Sport, I just think it's funny that you feel you've somehow personally figured out how to beat the BS system in a game which has had so many well publicized and reproducible exploits, in which nothing but "shut down your poo poo ASAP" is the only marginally useful counter to BS yet you've personally beaten it.

You sound like you haven't yet reached the point where many are, despite your belief that you're totally blowing up 15 personal vehicles per 31 minute session in a lobby on average, according to your stats. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fallinintheblak/games/gtav/career/stats/gtaonline/general

Basically I'm saying you are full of poo poo. You haven't blown up enough cars or played enough to be blowing up 15 personal vehicles per lobby, at a rate of one every like 130 seconds. :hurr:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

We found a jungle gym :-)

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Running out of space in the garage, fill in my last spot for me:

1. Gauntlet - Muscle
xx2. Elegy - Sports (want to get rid of)
3. XF - Super
4. Tank - Tank
5. Bodhi - Offroad
6. Carbonizzare - Sports
7. Riot Van - Cops
8. Buzzard - AirCraft
9. Akuma - Motorcycle
10. Monroe - Sports Classic

So, what to replace the Elegy with? Sheriff SUV? Prius? That weird space car? Any class I'm missing that's at all relevant? I'm out of spots so glitching fire truck is probably off limits.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I have to admit I don't have much interest in the weird cars in garage thing.
it sounds like a pain.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

SectumSempra posted:

I have to admit I don't have much interest in the weird cars in garage thing.
it sounds like a pain.

Unfortunate, because spawning into a garage with this kind of pubbie smashing power is really loving awesome

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Never piss off the group of loud dudes in the room. They will not stop shooting at you.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 16, 2013

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Never piss off the group of loud black dudes in the room. They will not stop shooting at you.

Wow could you be more overtly racist?

Game felt really empty for a Friday too.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

coyo7e posted:

Naw you're still going to catch Bad Sport, I just think it's funny that you feel you've somehow personally figured out how to beat the BS system in a game which has had so many well publicized and reproducible exploits, in which nothing but "shut down your poo poo ASAP" is the only marginally useful counter to BS yet you've personally beaten it.

You sound like you haven't yet reached the point where many are, despite your belief that you're totally blowing up 15 personal vehicles per 31 minute session in a lobby on average, according to your stats. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fallinintheblak/games/gtav/career/stats/gtaonline/general

Basically I'm saying you are full of poo poo. You haven't blown up enough cars or played enough to be blowing up 15 personal vehicles per lobby, at a rate of one every like 130 seconds. :hurr:

I don't think that I once said that I've found a way to beat it, If I did say that, I didn't mean to. The only reason I don't want to go into BSH is because then I can't play with any of my friends. Now I'm just being extremely cautious and hanging around in races or doing invite only sessions whenever I get to play because I have no idea how far I am from being put into BSH.

I'm simply saying that the entire bad sport system is majorly flawed and that it doesn't work. I went around for about a 4 day period (sessions last roughly about 2 hours) just constantly blowing people and their cars up in front of Los Santos Customs constantly getting bad sport warnings. Regarding my average time per sessions; take into account that I'm a terrible terrible person who has made about 9m from doing the car glitch.

I don't see why you're making such a massive deal over what I'm saying about the bad sport system. If you think that I'm just constantly full of poo poo then add me to your ignore list so you don't have to see all of my posts, dude.

ReverendDre posted:

Running out of space in the garage, fill in my last spot for me:

1. Gauntlet - Muscle
xx2. Elegy - Sports (want to get rid of)
3. XF - Super
4. Tank - Tank
5. Bodhi - Offroad
6. Carbonizzare - Sports
7. Riot Van - Cops
8. Buzzard - AirCraft
9. Akuma - Motorcycle
10. Monroe - Sports Classic

So, what to replace the Elegy with? Sheriff SUV? Prius? That weird space car? Any class I'm missing that's at all relevant? I'm out of spots so glitching fire truck is probably off limits.

Pimp out a Voodoo and use that, I've always been tempted. I'm just too happy with my garage to do it. Let me live out my dreams through you!

titties
May 10, 2012

Thanks for riding bikes (into a tank) with me, Cute as heck. Sorry I involved you in a murder.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

Wow could you be more overtly racist?

Game felt really empty for a Friday too.

Ah, poo poo, sorry. I'm actually half black and most of the people I know are aware of it and make jokes all the time. Had a slip in judgement there, no intention to offend anybody.

Also edited it out just to kill the whole thing altogether.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 16, 2013

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

titties posted:

Thanks for riding bikes (into a tank) with me, Cute as heck. Sorry I involved you in a murder.

Anytime dude! Sorry I disappeared, I went to go pop out my contact lenses and got caught up doing something else :(

titties
May 10, 2012

Cute as heck posted:

Anytime dude! Sorry I disappeared, I went to go pop out my contact lenses and got caught up doing something else :(

No problem, I didn't even know you left since my game froze when I drove us into the garage and I gave up. I wanted to break out the new Weazel Tactical Response Armored News Van, which looks hot in chrome and hot pink:

Throatwobbler
Apr 7, 2010

iRend posted:

Does anybody have the link to that vehicle mods spreadsheet handy?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlAywQHOmmOsdGJaa0I4QnVaVmdtdmlxM1JUUk12dVE&output=html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AlP-Va9xYIY4dDlxR1RVMmFCSnZCbEpvcEJXeHdEanc&usp=sharing&rm=full#gid=0

There ya go! :cheers:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

titties posted:

No problem, I didn't even know you left since my game froze when I drove us into the garage and I gave up. I wanted to break out the new Weazel Tactical Response Armored News Van, which looks hot in chrome and hot pink:

What's the link for the crew again? I want to sign up for this poo poo yo.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'm simply saying that the entire bad sport system is majorly flawed and that it doesn't work. I went around for about a 4 day period (sessions last roughly about 2 hours) just constantly blowing people and their cars up

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Now I'm just being extremely cautious and hanging around in races or doing invite only sessions whenever I get to play because I have no idea how far I am from being put into BSH.

So it is working.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 16, 2013

Galsia
Oct 20, 2005
What is the best way to get cash and level up? I've been grinding on Boneyard Survival and golf for weeks and I'm still only at level 46 and have only earned about $900k in total. Its boring as gently caress.

I want to buy a Grotti Stinger GT but I can't buy it off the legendarymotorsport website. How do I unlock it?

Also is there any way to get Simeon to gently caress off? I have no interest in collecting cars for him and his text are annoying.

Thanks.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

beanieson posted:

Hi there Akuma buddy! It's a bloody brilliant bike isn't it?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Galsia posted:

What is the best way to get cash and level up? I've been grinding on Boneyard Survival and golf for weeks and I'm still only at level 46 and have only earned about $900k in total. Its boring as gently caress.

I want to buy a Grotti Stinger GT but I can't buy it off the legendarymotorsport website. How do I unlock it?

Also is there any way to get Simeon to gently caress off? I have no interest in collecting cars for him and his text are annoying.

Thanks.

You've got to race - Criminal Records is popular because it's short (even multi lap races) and you rack up considerable RP throughout the race. Down the Drain is good too as is the Commute for a longer, straight away type of race. I was doing exactly what you did and then started racing, and I'm at 70 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Galsia posted:

XP -> Criminal Records race with a buddy, three laps, faster lap time each lap.

Cash -> Launch the mission "Coveted" from the Start menu->Online->Jobs->Host Job->Missions->Coveted. It is a regular mission that pays out 12k, can be soloed in less than 5 minutes, and most importantly, can be instantly replayed by pressing square (ps3) on the vote menu. It also spawns you at the location of the mission no matter where you start it from.

• Locked thread