Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone have the photo of the dude that came out of his garage when there were at least six of us in three vehicles just sitting there wailing on our Dukes horns?

"That'd be awesome if someone rolled out of their garage right now...:torgue: Oh that poor guy didn't stand a chance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

Hi there Akuma buddy! It's a bloody brilliant bike isn't it?
I concur.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Why are all your responses dismissively rude at best?

titties posted:

the new Weazel Tactical Response Armored News Van

Maytag fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 16, 2013

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
Now that I have had a few more chances to play this on my buddy's PS3 I have to say it's grown on me.

1.) Game looks like it's running on a sweet gaming PC. Really, really good performance too.

2.) The world is just so big and detailed. Wandering around and exploring alone is great fun.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Never piss off the group of loud dudes in the room. They will not stop shooting at you.

I always become friends when the game throws me into a session where, for whatever reason, it appears Rockstar has grouped every black player with a headset together. Probably one of my favorite moment in the game was in such a session where about six guys had a bus and where trying to hang with it when some naked guy blew it up:

"What the gently caress man- white dude hating on the bus."

"No. This man is horrible, do not judge white people as anti-bus because of him. COME MY BROTHERS IN ARMS, I SHALL TAKE UP THE CAUSE AND DEFEND THE BUS!"

It was a pretty fun session even if we ended up never surviving more than two minutes in the bus because it would get stickie bomb'd. Added the one guy on Live but after calling out some homophobic moron realized it was him and was sad.

lovely pubbies are sad man.

:smith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Rapdawg posted:

I always become friends when the game throws me into a session where, for whatever reason, it appears Rockstar has grouped every black player with a headset together. Probably one of my favorite moment in the game was in such a session where about six guys had a bus and where trying to hang with it when some naked guy blew it up:

"What the gently caress man- white dude hating on the bus."

"No. This man is horrible, do not judge white people as anti-bus because of him. COME MY BROTHERS IN ARMS, I SHALL TAKE UP THE CAUSE AND DEFEND THE BUS!"

It was a pretty fun session even if we ended up never surviving more than two minutes in the bus because it would get stickie bomb'd. Added the one guy on Live but after calling out some homophobic moron realized it was him and was sad.

lovely pubbies are sad man.

:smith:

I think little kids talking poo poo is the funniest. There was this scot with a heavy accent mocking this kid who's main comeback was asking someone for a translator.

The scot asked the kid why he isn't in school, seeing that he is 13.

The kid adamantly stated that he was NOT 13 that he was 12! And was furious for insinuating that he was older than he was.

Then the scot said something about the kids mom and the kid hosed off after saying "my moms dead, I'm not going to listen to this." After being the antagonist for a solid 10 minutes.

I added a little bit to it when the scot asked if he was gay, and the kid said "no, I'm Jewish." To which I responded, "so you only suck kosher dick then?"

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

moist turtleneck posted:

Does anyone have the photo of the dude that came out of his garage when there were at least six of us in three vehicles just sitting there wailing on our Dukes horns?

"That'd be awesome if someone rolled out of their garage right now...:torgue: Oh that poor guy didn't stand a chance"

My god that was funny. That poor bastard had no idea what happened.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't have a picture but I second that it was absolute hilarity. I always forget to take pictures. Maybe I will start being our photographer instead of destroying my Elegy every five minutes or launching pipe bombs at cops.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I am slowly loosing interest in this game and I don't want to. The initial novelty is wearing off. I love playing with a group of goons and causing general mayhem or just annoying the poo poo out of some 14 year old pubbie. The game has boiled down to down the drain/criminal record simulator glitch fest 2013. It just feels like there is no other incentive to play any other missions.

To me there is no real penalty in death. Oh no, I lost a few dollars and respawned a block away. Something just feels off in the balance of the game. It has so much potential but it's starting to get old. I don't get to play it much now thanks to work but when I do get on its either a bunch of older sounding white thugs/stoner latino sounding gentleman/french people or punk rear end kids.

One of the best games I played was with a bunch of goons, where my drunken leadership Id like to believe, were convinced to play a random race aside from Criminal Records. We were racing motorcycles and supercars through a downtown map with GTA mode and traffic on, loving pandemonium and laughs were had by all.

I don't go to the GTA forums, I've heard enough bad things about them here. But are there any plans to fix anything or at least R* acknowledging some stuff is wrong ? I reported a guy once, level 8 with a tank in town, and got the "THANK YOU FOR USING R* BUY OUR GTA DOLLARS"

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I am slowly loosing interest in this game and I don't want to. The initial novelty is wearing off. I love playing with a group of goons and causing general mayhem or just annoying the poo poo out of some 14 year old pubbie. The game has boiled down to down the drain/criminal record simulator glitch fest 2013. It just feels like there is no other incentive to play any other missions.

This is why Rockstar wanted to make the game such a grind - in order to keep players interest and keep them playing. I'm sure that once heists come out your bloodlust will comeback with renewed vigor.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

moist turtleneck posted:

All I have is his body after the second or third respawn, right when he was trying to leave the game. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/coyo7e/games/gtav/snapmatic/mostrecent/photo/ygxiMRoD40el_Jas_NRiKQ

It was kind of amazing how someone was saying that just as I looked at his garage from 20 feet away with my Barrett - and saw a Bodhi slowly trundling out! I actually got two headshots on him before he got out, the first time he was still too far in, and despite blood splattering all over his windshield, it didn't phase him. ;)

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

FallinInTheBlak posted:

This is why Rockstar wanted to make the game such a grind - in order to keep players interest and keep them playing. I'm sure that once heists come out your bloodlust will comeback with renewed vigor.

I understand that and hope it will. I just would like if there was a better balance in grinding, Id rather do one hundred random missions than one mission one hundred times. I found a deathmatch that had no rating at all and it lead me to think a bit, had nobody even touched this mission or just not rated it ? I understand some missions are just kind of lovely but there should be SOME incentive to vary what missions you play.

And I'm kind of cynical. I just have a feeling they will do something to the heists to gently caress it up. I remember reading about this game how they promised something along the lines of "You could see a crew robbing a bank and roll in and gently caress em all up and steal their hard work", not you and a group go into a safe individual instance safe from outside interference.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

moist turtleneck and I had a pretty drat cinematic/WTF moment last night, too. While loving around with cops with coyo7e on a stretch of highway, I went to jump in moist turtleneck's vehicle, when from up the highway we see a delivery truck catapulted in the air directly for us. It was a pretty drat amazing sight. Somehow it just barely missed us, but we were both just wtf happened there?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I would say that the grind is one of the reasons why the game is in the state that it is in. There is little reason for anyone to do anything other than criminal records because they nerfed the poo poo out of a bunch of stuff.

As it stands, the rewards for a bunch of stuff needs to be increased because there is a shitload of fun stuff to do in the game, but no one wants to do it.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

A pleasure working with you, microminiature. You made Base Invaders fun and incredibly easy :v:

(I'm UtterlyWorthless)

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

And I'm kind of cynical. I just have a feeling they will do something to the heists to gently caress it up. I remember reading about this game how they promised something along the lines of "You could see a crew robbing a bank and roll in and gently caress em all up and steal their hard work", not you and a group go into a safe individual instance safe from outside interference.

This is what I was hoping for. But since missions are instanced and people drop at most $2000, that's out. I just hope the rewards are better than completing a survival, because if you don't get significantly more than $20k for completing a heist I'd probably only do it just to try. I'm not hopeful though because they want people to buy cashcards.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Wee Bairns posted:

moist turtleneck and I had a pretty drat cinematic/WTF moment last night, too. While loving around with cops with coyo7e on a stretch of highway, I went to jump in moist turtleneck's vehicle, when from up the highway we see a delivery truck catapulted in the air directly for us. It was a pretty drat amazing sight. Somehow it just barely missed us, but we were both just wtf happened there?

It was like this but with a delivery truck that was stationary moments before it decided it needed to fly through the air and try to smash bairns. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there. There was no damage to the truck prior to it becoming possessed.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fooley posted:

This is what I was hoping for. But since missions are instanced and people drop at most $2000, that's out. I just hope the rewards are better than completing a survival, because if you don't get significantly more than $20k for completing a heist I'd probably only do it just to try. I'm not hopeful though because they want people to buy cashcards.

Well in a previous interview they said heists could take as many as 20 different stepscompared to single player heists. Job points will probably be required to access them since they currently have no purpose and they go away every time you log off. So you might have to get like 100 jp and then aquire a random or rare spawn vehicle and then do the heist where if you gently caress up it's back to square one or something. A reasonable non-game shattering payout would have to be at least 80-130K.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Anyone else find bikes to be lacking? I can't bunny hop a million feet like in San Andres and it kinda depresses me.

Does your Str have any impact on bunny hoping?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

FWIW I put over $2million into my bank last night, all of it legitimately earned doing missions and maybe two or three races over the last three or four evenings. If you do missions like Mixed up with Coke, Rooftop Rumble, Stocks and Scares, Hack and Dash (mostly Lester and Martin) with goons and set to Hard (!!!) it doesn't take long. Just make sure to be at the start point when you host the mission so no one has to drive five minutes to get there.

It wasn't even all I was doing, I would fight pubbies and play dress-up in between until they texted me a good mission again. Relying on any one thing is going to get really boring, which is why I shy away from spamming Criminal Records.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
So my wife just discovered that you can parachute the length of the map in horizontal distance. From high above paleto bay to the docks. Crazy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

thehustler posted:

So my wife just discovered that you can parachute the length of the map in horizontal distance. From high above paleto bay to the docks. Crazy.

From the summit of Mount Chilliad or from an aircraft?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I'm having a heck of a time getting the riot van into my garage. I call Simeon to request a job, get out of the van, stand against the garage door, press O to exit the job menu, and nothing happens. The garage doesn't try to open for me, he just stands there. If I press Triangle immediately after pressing O, or even any time later, he just gets in the van.

How do I do this?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Welp, was just in a room with 4 or 6 goons and we all started getting unable to save messages, then net splits started bombing everybody out of the room and I got to see a new error message (told me to check my network connection :hurr: )

Social club says it's undergoing maintenance, as well.

Also props to the random pubby who started getting all pissy "why you guys bein' dicks just goin' round shooting people?" and when I replied that I needed 600 kills per weapon to get the blue skins he said, "Oh. A'ight." and then proceeded to stand out in the open, telling me to shoot him for kills a couple times. :glomp:

thehustler posted:

So my wife just discovered that you can parachute the length of the map in horizontal distance. From Hugh above paleto bay to the docks. Crazy.
Sorry, what's Hugh? A mountain?

I have successfully reached the impound/insurance lots by jumping from the vinewood sign (the D is the best, imho, it has a spare parachute and is set a bit farther forward over a forgiving little trench) and holding both shoulders and pulling back on the left stick most of the time. You can cover an amazing amount of ground if you hold long enough.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So instead of shooting everyone that wasn't our friends, we tried photoshoots.
First we tried some bike stunts. The beach skatepark is pretty cool.

Yeeeah boi.

Let's see if we can do anything cool at the end of the pier! I'll just bunnyhop this rail into my mate's tru-gently caress!

Then we found a waterfall! Man, it sure is wet and slippery up here.

Oh gently caress blaargh

Then the Rockstar servers died.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rock star cloud servers down for you guys?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Platystemon posted:

From the summit of Mount Chilliad or from an aircraft?

No from a plane. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Crows Turn Off posted:

I'm having a heck of a time getting the riot van into my garage. I call Simeon to request a job, get out of the van, stand against the garage door, press O to exit the job menu, and nothing happens. The garage doesn't try to open for me, he just stands there. If I press Triangle immediately after pressing O, or even any time later, he just gets in the van.

How do I do this?

With the riot can you use the aim and walk backwards technique.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KoRMaK posted:

With the riot can you use the aim and walk backwards technique.
Yeah that always works for me, I park with the passenger door facing the garage door, as flush as possible and back it up as far as I can so the cab is fairly centered. Then the aim-and-backwards thing works for me. I've glitched several riot vans into my garage while trying to get one insured and into the right space.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Crows Turn Off posted:

How do I do this?

Knock the driver’s door off, park it parallel to the garage door, and walk backwards while aiming a gun.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

Rock star cloud servers down for you guys?

Yup.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Last night was super fun with a small reporting crew with Bisticlz and another news team member whose name I forgot :ohdear:

The cheetah makes a great mobile ramp... I was able to launch my Elegy off the front of it pretty loving well.

Also, that was the first time I've gotten 6 stars without the use of military equipment.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scarf posted:

Last night was super fun with a small reporting crew with Bisticlz and another news team member whose name I forgot :ohdear:

The cheetah makes a great mobile ramp... I was able to launch my Elegy off the front of it pretty loving well.

Also, that was the first time I've gotten 6 stars without the use of military equipment.

That was me and launching other vehicles head on is nothing but awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

geeves posted:

That was me and launching other vehicles head on is nothing but awesome.

Yes! I knew your name started with a G...

That was loving fun. I'm really glad you got the idea of what I was trying to do even without communication.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Anyone else unable to connect? I can't do jobs or save or anything, a little weird.

Won't even let me take photos, ruining my hard-hitting exposè on the epidemic of people being trapped in buildings by emergency vehicles

gently caress. it kicked me, does that mean I've lost anything I've done in the past hour? at least let me keep the kills, I want that tattoo

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 16, 2013

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
From http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

quote:

Updated 11/16/13 1:00 PM ET: We have received some reports of errors messages related to the Rockstar Cloud servers and the Social Club site. While we investigate this, please stay tuned to this article for updates.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I haven't been able to play online for 3 days now. And then when I get the opportunity this afternoon :fuckoff:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

moist turtleneck posted:

It was like this but with a delivery truck that was stationary moments before it decided it needed to fly through the air and try to smash bairns. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there. There was no damage to the truck prior to it becoming possessed.

Haha, yes, exactly! It really had it out for me all of a sudden.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Weazel Action News reports that there have been reports of false reports filed so that the EMS services can then be targeted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

me your dad posted:

I haven't been able to play online for 3 days now. And then when I get the opportunity this afternoon :fuckoff:

It's back up.
With that said i have no psn friends cause I'm a loser and i can really use some cyks_tfc

• Locked thread