Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A 4chan scanlation group did most of part 4, but you're stuck with What a Beautiful Duwang for the last few chapters I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Only the first half of the Duwang translation is an unreadable mess anyway, the back half is pretty decent. By the time the new translations run out it shouldnt be that bad.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

mr. stefan posted:

God, I love this comic so much.
I love that some of the Harvests are shedding tears of happiness too :D

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 12, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Only the first half of the Duwang translation is an unreadable mess anyway, the back half is pretty decent. By the time the new translations run out it shouldnt be that bad.
Yeah, honestly my only complaint with the last few chapters of Duwang is the quality of the scans themselves - the pages all look kinda yellowed.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I hear the DUWANG translators still failed that project though.(For those unaware it was a project by some Chinese students for a class.)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The Invincible Trio are the ones who are doing the better, new scans for Part 4 and they're pretty good.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
In the next issue of Jojolion: Jo2uke is just a red herring and Joushuu is the real Jojo of part 8. :getin:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Soulcleaver posted:

In the next issue of Jojolion: Jo2uke is just a red herring and Joushuu is the real Jojo of part 8. :getin:

I would really not have a problem with this.

I mean Jo2uke is cool and fun, but Joushuu is just such a wonderful douchebag failure of a human being.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I'm currently reading Part 5, and just got to the first fight between Bruno and King Crimson, and what the christ :psyduck:

I know this part is all about confusing stands, so hopefully you guys can shed some light on this for me. My understanding is he takes a ~10 second period of time where he can see everything everyone is going to do, and can gently caress with things during that time - then at the end of it, nobody remembers what happened because time distortion or compression or whatever. I guess this is different from The World because he can see what's going to happen? And also because people keep 'moving' during that time, similar to the time jumps from Futurama. So this basically just seems like a better version of The World, or what?

Or will the manga explain things in a bit more detail later?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's The World, but stupid, yes. (It's not but let's save ourselves the trouble)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

And also because people keep 'moving' during that time, similar to the time jumps from Futurama.

This is literally it. That Futurama episode.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Did they ever finish those non-lovely translations? Because what we had for a long time was even worse than Duwang in the fact that the translator just made up poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, it's not really The World, which just stops time completely. It's time jumps, but King Crimson experiences time normally during the jumps.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I hear the DUWANG translators still failed that project though.(For those unaware it was a project by some Chinese students for a class.)
I can't blame their teacher. Even if the later chapters are readable, they're still filled with grammar issues.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Soulcleaver posted:

Did they ever finish those non-lovely translations? Because what we had for a long time was even worse than Duwang in the fact that the translator just made up poo poo.

Is this for part 5? I'm reading whichever translations are in the link at the top of the OP. They aren't fantastic and have some grammar issues, but are mostly pretty understandable. Except for super weird poo poo like King Crimson, I guess.

VVV Welp. Can anyone point out (in spoilers, if you don't mind - assuming it is some kind of major spoiler) some of the poo poo they changed? I'm about halfway through P5, so it'd be nice to look back and get the actual information once I'm done reading all of it.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 14, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Soulcleaver posted:

Shizuka, the person handling the P5 translation project, who's providing the raws and doing something else in it as well, has been having issues with translators. They did however say pretty recently that they're still working on it and plan to finish it, just that there's still a lot of work to be done.

Also the problem with Vento Aureo's translation is that it's actually worse than DUWANG, just stealthier about it. The overall grammar, spelling and so on is a lot cleaner, but then there's segments with completely made up dialogue, it sapped personality from characters and other assorted issues.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 14, 2013

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Actually this discussion reminds me that Hi Wa Mata Noboru never did last month's JJL chapter and hasn't released much of anything recently, which is a shame.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
And we'll never get an official translation of any of it because the sales of Part 3 in English were so poor. :(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
A few chapters later, the OP's translation (that's apparently terrible?) had this to say about King Crimson:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ignore any of their explanations because you already figured out how it worked.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Soulcleaver posted:

And we'll never get an official translation of any of it because the sales of Part 3 in English were so poor. :(

Buy the digital release

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

21st Century Spergzoid Man.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just an urban legend.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, the DUWANG urban legend I always heard was that the guy was crazy and had insane output and would churn out a volume a week, and the english speaking guy proofreading for him didnt want to harsh his buzz and just said 'whatever'

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, the DUWANG urban legend I always heard was that the guy was crazy and had insane output and would churn out a volume a week, and the english speaking guy proofreading for him didnt want to harsh his buzz and just said 'whatever'

I was talking to the typesetter for a while and that's pretty much it.

Also the typesetter was really bad at his job and defensive about it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is how King Crimson Works.

Diavolo can skip time for up to 10 seconds. During the skipped time everyone would have done what they would have normally done however when the skip ends they will have no memory what happened during the skip. Diavolo can freely move during the skipped time but is incapable of interacting with anything allowing stuff like bullets to go right through him. Once he ends the skipped time he can interact with the world again. He also has epitaph which allows him to see 10 seconds into the future.

Using the future sight and time skip his main tactic is to position himself were his opponent is most vulnerable, end the skip then punch a hole through them with King Crimson's A ranked strength.

How King Crimson Works

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Spring, 2014.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am too hyped for words.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yes. We're already in Winter, right? So that's next season? Schoolwork forced me to skip the last season and the end of the one before it so I lost all track of time. Either way, this is going to be so good. How soon until we know the episode count, usually?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yes. We're already in Winter, right? So that's next season? Schoolwork forced me to skip the last season and the end of the one before it so I lost all track of time. Either way, this is going to be so good. How soon until we know the episode count, usually?

We're not in Winter, no. The Winter anime season starts in January. We're 15 weeks away from the Spring Season.

e: Closer to 17 actually

Zorak fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 16, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh man I really hope this turns out good. Though considering how well P1 and P2 did, combined with how much hype P3 generates just for being P3, this should practically be a license to print money.

Now I only hope that it does SO WELL that they keep going and give us animated P4 and P5. :flashfap:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Yardbomb posted:

Oh man I really hope this turns out good. Though considering how well P1 and P2 did, combined with how much hype P3 generates just for being P3, this should practically be a license to print money.

Now I only hope that it does SO WELL that they keep going and give us animated P4 and P5. :flashfap:

Your ASB dollars at work.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Zorak posted:

Spring, 2014.

drat your enigmatic teasing! :argh:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Yardbomb posted:

And then P6 and P7 and oh gosh. I hope David gets all of the animated JoJo licenses.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Zorak posted:

We're not in Winter, no. The Winter anime season starts in January. We're 15 weeks away from the Spring Season.

e: Closer to 17 actually

Curse the Earth's orbit! Oh well. Hopefully they'll take the time to make it really good. I need an animated Part 4 like nothing else.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Hopefully David will devote all their production time to JoJo until they catch up. Not like they're doing anything else worthwhile :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kabanaw posted:

Hopefully David will devote all their production time to JoJo until they catch up. Not like they're doing anything else worthwhile :v:

Neptunia 2 :unsmigghh:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Waffleman_ posted:

Neptunia 2 :unsmigghh:

If waiting through Neptunia is what it takes to get the rest of the series animated, they can go right the gently caress ahead. I'd much rather have half a year of waiting for new Jojo than not having any Jojo. :colbert:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'll wait as long as it takes to get a perfect, proper adaption of Part 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please keep the ASB cast for the next parts they were pretty awesome. Please please please! :pray:

• Locked thread