Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Max Wilco posted:

Is Evoland any good? The screenshots make it look pretty interesting, but the reviews on the product page don't seem too favorable.

I just picked it up on a whim after hearing pretty mixed things about it. For $2.50, it's a fun little game. It bases itself entirely on nostalgia and it seems I've played through nearly half of it in about an hour, but if you don't mind it being a bit of a one trick pony (the evolution of RPGs concept), it's pretty fun and silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Yo come get your Geneforge 1-5

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Geneforge is up, for the people who missed it the first two times. 600 copies.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
All right, here's Geneforge after all. Who wanted this?

EDIT: I'm buying a gift copy for Infidel Castro.

Xotl fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 16, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Xotl posted:

All right, here's Geneforge after all. Who wanted this?

Already owned it, but I grabbed a gift copy for those 2 or 3 goons who fancied it. Reply with quote/PM me if you want it.

It's only $3, so the exchange of sexual favours is not necessary for this transaction.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
I wanted it, but the kind pvax gifted me a steam copy. To pay the favor on, I also have a gog copy for anyone who wants this.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Gorilla Radio posted:

I wanted it, but the kind pvax gifted me a steam copy. To pay the favor on, I also have a gog copy for anyone who wants this.

Is it any good?

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

All sales will be goons buying gift copies for other goons.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Infidel Castro asked for someone to pick up a copy too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

drat you guys. I also gifted a copy since Inspector Gesicht was kind enough to send me Ultima 7 after I missed it again so I wanted to pay it forward and a bunch of goons was asking for this. We'll probably have more copies than can go around. First world problems.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
heh, looks like we'll have several extras floating around then. I'm going to PM Infidel Castro.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Infidel Castro asked for someone to pick up a copy too.

Happy to give him mine. I'm all for spreading the Gospel of Vogel.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Even though I missed Startopia, still a good haul.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Xotl posted:

heh, looks like we'll have several extras floating around then. I'm going to PM Infidel Castro.

I think that it speaks to Goonerosity, if I may flatter myself and many others.

jabro posted:

First world problems.

If buying digital copies of classic RPG's would cure AIDS in Africa, I'd buy all 600 in a blink.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

jabro posted:

drat you guys. I also gifted a copy since Inspector Gesicht was kind enough to send me Ultima 7 after I missed it again so I wanted to pay it forward and a bunch of goons was asking for this. We'll probably have more copies than can go around. First world problems.

Wow. I randomly checked my PMs for some reason after seeing this ... and I was given the same great gift by the same great purveyor of fine goonerocity! Made my day! Thanks!

I love that, at the dawn of the Next Gen, this thread is having a great time re-visting the greatness of the past ... for a few bucks a pop, no less!

pvax fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 16, 2013

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I've got two Geneforge serial-numbers for whoever PMs me in the event that they miss this sale.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I've got two Geneforge serial-numbers for whoever PMs me in the event that they miss this sale.

Looks like there is going to be an excess. If nobody PMs me for my extra copy, I'll wait until the dust settles a bit on this insane promotion and post the gift code in thread.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Saigyouji posted:

Geneforge is up, for the people who missed it the first two times. 600 copies.

What's Geneforge like? Everyone in the thread has hyped it up a lot, but I'm not that familiar with it. All I know that it was done by one person (Jeff Vogel).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Hahaha, I was about to see if Infidel Castro was still active in the thread or if I needed to buy a gift copy for him.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Max Wilco posted:

What's Geneforge like? Everyone in the thread has hyped it up a lot, but I'm not that familiar with it. All I know that it was done by one person (Jeff Vogel).

You can find out yourself! Geneforge demo. Spiderweb software games are known for crappy graphics but great gameplay.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

ComposerGuy posted:

I haven't really heard anything about Inquisitor, is it any good?

First impressions, and this is from someone who loves old and / or slightly wonky RPGs: :stonk:

Maybe it'll improve, but after THAT start, I'm not sure if I have the patience to find out. The combat is really, really godawful, everything seems really flimsily put together (I spent way too long trying to figure out how to cast Bless on myself; the "cast spell"-keybind was on right mouse button, but it did nothing. Turns out you need to keep your cursor in a very specific place some way BELOW your character, not on him, and click RMB and it'll sometimes work; this is probably a glitch?), and literally the first conversation in the game is basically "Go kill bats so I'll open this door." Never getting those $3,8 back.

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 16, 2013

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Gorilla Radio posted:

You can find out yourself! Geneforge demo. Spiderweb software games are known for crappy graphics but great gameplay.
No way he has time to try the demo before the game is off the sale, though. It's now or never probably a Christmas sale in a few weeks, Max Wilco.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Hogburto posted:

No way he has time to try the demo before the game is off the sale, though.

Max Wilco posted:

Just roll the dice for 3 bloody dollars... you'd spend more on a Big Mac.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Hogburto posted:

No way he has time to try the demo before the game is off the sale, though. It's now or never probably a Christmas sale in a few weeks, Max Wilco.

With all the gift copies we collectively have, he could finish the demo and still have a good chance of getting a full copy.

Edit: vvvv You gift it to yourself, which sends a gift certificate that you can then regift.

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 16, 2013

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
How do you gift with out an email address?

I wish Jade and Witcher 2 would hurry up and show up.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I mailed my gift to my account. They just mail the key, so you can then hold on or PM it.

Xotl fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 16, 2013

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Max Wilco posted:

Geneforge is the best series Vogel has made (and I say this as a fan of Exile/Avernum as well). Whether or not you will like them depends on a few things:

- Are you OK with simplistic graphics?

- Do you like Ultima and/or Pokemon?

- Are you a fan of the old type RPG gameplay?

If "yes" to 2-out-of-3, grab it. They are surprisingly complex for being made by one dude.

edit: plus its 3 bucks for five games.

edit2: :siren:FMV MARK HAMILL IS UP:siren:

ComposerGuy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 16, 2013

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Sweet! Wing Commander 4 is finally up again.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
Wing Commander IV.

At what point (if at all) did this series go downhill?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wing Commander IV:The Price of Freedom is now on. 750 copies.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

pvax posted:

Sweet! Wing Commander 4 is finally up again.

Got it for you. Hope you didn't also pick it up.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Xotl posted:

Wing Commander IV.

If it did, it wasn't with 4. 4 is one of the best in the series (in my opinion).

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Xotl posted:

Wing Commander IV.

I don't agree but arguably III. The real answer is V but even then it was more just starting to go downhill than truly bad.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Agh, I wish Wing Commander 3 was also on sale. But hey, 4 isn't gonna get any cheaper.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Gorilla Radio posted:

Got it for you. Hope you didn't also pick it up.

Doh! I was on that button like a HAWK since I was actually right at my desk when it popped up.

edit: I will practice slow-clicking when HoMM3 pops up - I promise!

pvax fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 16, 2013

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

pvax posted:

Doh! I was on that button like a HAWK since I was actually right at my desk when it popped up.

Oh well. Someone can put it to use. You just leave off on that button when HOMM 3 comes though, ya hear?

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I am super late on this :(

Have they already run through Baldur's gate, icewind dale, homm3, jade empire or inquisitor?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

liquid courage posted:

Agh, I wish Wing Commander 3 was also on sale. But hey, 4 isn't gonna get any cheaper.

Yeah I really want to get the third game since I remember watching my dad play the old PS1 release a lot when I was growing up. Bought IV regardless.

Quantumfate posted:

I am super late on this :(

Have they already run through Baldur's gate, icewind dale, homm3, jade empire or inquisitor?

You missed Baldur's Gate 2 and Inquistor.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

This info is taken from the thread on GoG. Here are the games that should still have a last chance sale.

Current as of Heroes of Might an Magic 5 - which just went up.

code:
Games that should be left to come.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Aquanox $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
FEZ $2.99
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Hotline Miami $2.49
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Lucius $3.99
Miasmata $2.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Primordia $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
Resonance $2.49
Sacred Gold $1.99
Shelter $3.99
Space Colony HD $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Theme Hospital $1.49
Thief Gold $1.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I've still got the original Wing Commander III in the box with original 70-something dollar receipt. Looking forward to finally trying IV.