Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MrLonghair posted:

[Obligatory "Which garage?" question from a downward-ramp garage apartment owner] :smith:

You can get the Buzzard into the Alta Street garage. I’ve done it.

The secret is to push it down the ramp with a car. The blade won’t take damage if the engine isn’t running. Call up an NPC and keep their menu open to avoid driving the pusher car into the garage.

Wedge the helicopter against the left side, with the nose in the corner and the missile sponson touching the retaining wall. The tail runs up the ramp somewhat diagonally.

When you have it in position, go into aiming mode with a gun, walk backwards into the passenger door, and press the button to get in.

If the animation doesn’t start immediately, bail out before you damage the blades too much and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005
Finally got to level 42 and now have a buzzard and a dozer in the garage. The buzzard will be so much nicer to insurance grief with vs the tank. Now that I have the dozer saved almost want to try to glitch in a titan, that is if it wouldnt make my garage unusable.

EDIT: Anyone else getting a bug when walking into your garage it never loading? It just shows the backside of the door and sometimes if Im lucky it loads, the rest of the time I need to swap rooms.

ExtremeODD fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 17, 2013

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Ever wonder how the Weazel News girls stay in such good shape!?

Sports!

And triathlons!

(I had a load of fun Kinji, we gotta do that again some time, with more people. Biking down that mountain was the raddest thing.)

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Would anyone like to trade 10 race wins or so? That's all I need until I can finally become equal with everyone else's fully modded cars and finally turn custom vehicles to 'on' in my races.

I know it's a bad hour for it, whatever. I'm up all night baby.

Also, golf. I would play golf, as well.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

iRend posted:

Would anyone like to trade 10 race wins or so? That's all I need until I can finally become equal with everyone else's fully modded cars and finally turn custom vehicles to 'on' in my races.

I'll jump on I guess.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

ExtremeODD posted:

EDIT: Anyone else getting a bug when walking into your garage it never loading? It just shows the backside of the door and sometimes if Im lucky it loads, the rest of the time I need to swap rooms.

Constantly.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

iRend posted:

If you're on PS3 I would and I'd let you win all ten in a row so we can go golf after.

Actually I'm just looking for some goons to mess about with right now, I use evilspacehopper on PSN too.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Oops, sorry, 360. And croc was so awesome he let me win all the ones I needed anyway.

What a guy.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
When you're playing some people in golf online (usually lower level ones), what's going on when they're seemingly hitting it okay but it's skidding along the ground and only going 60 yards or so?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PTizzle posted:

When you're playing some people in golf online (usually lower level ones), what's going on when they're seemingly hitting it okay but it's skidding along the ground and only going 60 yards or so?

The cloud.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Thank you hacker for the 54 million dollars. Whoop!
How does that work anyway?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh hay, even the Report function is busted. Have more than one person super-loving poo poo up? Haha naw, you can report (Which I bet does nothing) one player every 5+ minutes.
I settled for being boring around these people. Sat in a pool in passive mode, swimming out of the way of their cars when they tried to run me over. Then follow them and continue being boring around them.

Also shooting someone out of their heli causing them to crash it counts you as being the Bad Sport when it explodes :thumbsup:

Croccers fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 17, 2013

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Cute as heck posted:

Sports!

And triathlons!

(I had a load of fun Kinji, we gotta do that again some time, with more people. Biking down that mountain was the raddest thing.)

Not all of the Weazel girls say in shape that way! I do it the old fashioned way, with sex and blow. Luckily, my day job provides plenty of both.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I had a ton of fun this afternoon playing with this kid with "Impact" in his name, his crew tag was "GOON". He duped me one of those space buggies and when I came back from the mission he wasn't on the server anymore. I'd like to add him to my friends list, does anyone know who he was? He was clever as hell, he had my whole family laughing as he joked about his grandma thinking he was talking to perverts on the internet. Someone from STRS was with us for some of the time.
"GOON" is a really common tag for pubbie crews to use in many many games. He was most likely not from these forums and was actually some random kid.

Check your recent players list to find him, or maybe you'll be reunited again like star-crossed lovers.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

titties posted:

Not all of the Weazel girls say in shape that way! I do it the old fashioned way, with sex and blow. Luckily, my day job provides plenty of both.

Girl on the right looks identical to Rhianna.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ziploc posted:

What's the trick to getting the personal Buzzard out of the garage? My idiot mechanic rarely lands the loving thing. And sometimes will hover forever in the air. Which means I can't get another. Driving out out kills it. And calling the idiot mechanic has a 50% chance of actually getting it.

Go to a helipad and get a buzzard so people don't have to pay 20K to blow up your cowardly rear end

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I noticed in the last week or two that removing masks no longer seems to reduce wanted level.. Anybody else note this change?

So what's with this? :arghfist::(
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

quote:

Updated 11/16/13 4:00 PM ET: We have deposited GTA$ into the accounts of players affected by loss of garages or cars on November 8th. This amount varies per affected player and should approximately reflect the amount spent on those items.
I lost close to 2 million with the characters that got eaten by the cloud. I never got more than 500k :(

Greenplastic posted:

Go to a helipad and get a buzzard so people don't have to pay 20K to blow up your cowardly rear end
Pretty much this. The few goons I've done missions with using their buzzards, were invariably more hinderance than help since they usually would force a landing at some inopportune moment because they were terrified of crashing it and having to pay insurance and/or call their mechanic another dozen times for it. There are a couple missions where it's a big help such as that assassination one at Fort Zancudo with the uncatchable Titan, but mostly it's just annoying to hear someone say "hold on, I got a buzzard. Now we're gonna land wwaaaaaaayyyy over here because I can't risk damaging it."

Buzzards are laughably easy to find. Get a riot truck instead, and save yourself hours of headaches for an only marginally useful vehicle.

edit: besides, it's way funner to stand on the roof overlooking the airport helipads and deny any and all pubbies from getting away than it is flying with one locking on with your missiles.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 17, 2013

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

coyo7e posted:

So what's with this? :arghfist::(
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

I lost close to 2 million with the characters that got eaten by the cloud. I never got more than 500k :(

Pretty much this. The few goons I've done missions with using their buzzards, were invariably more hinderance than help since they usually would force a landing at some inopportune moment because they were terried of crashing it and having to pay insurance and/or call their mechanic another dozen times for it.

Buzzards are laughably easy to find. Get a riot truck instead, and save yourself hours of headaches for an only marginally useful vehicle.

Yeah, it's neat to have and I don't care about the insurance fee but it's not worth the slot it uses since the mechanic doesn't deliver it properly and I don't want to force other goons to pay the fee if they accidentally crash. Not sure what I'm going to replace it with though. Any suggestions (noting that I already have the Riot Van).

Edit:

Platystemon posted:

It flies right out the door at Alta Street. This is because the garage is underground so when the drive‐out process starts the helicopter spawns in empty space and doesn’t collide with much. After a few seconds, the animation times out and the helicopter warps into the air above the driveway.

It flies out of the 391k apartment as well, but I rarely go to my apartment. My mechanic is going to work his rear end off for that $75.

A c E fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 17, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ziploc posted:

What's the trick to getting the personal Buzzard out of the garage? My idiot mechanic rarely lands the loving thing. And sometimes will hover forever in the air. Which means I can't get another. Driving out out kills it. And calling the idiot mechanic has a 50% chance of actually getting it.

It flies right out the door at Alta Street. This is because the garage is underground so when the drive‐out process starts the helicopter spawns in empty space and doesn’t collide with much. After a few seconds, the animation times out and the helicopter warps into the air above the driveway.

Greenplastic posted:

See, this is the kind of fan mail you get when you have your own Buzzard. :allears:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Cute as heck posted:

Sports!

And triathlons!

Not pictured: Cute as heck pulling a Joker/Superman, literally texting me "The bullying ends now" as we demolish some pubbie rear end in a top hat for twenty minutes straight with a tank and a fire truck because he thought it was funny to run us over while we were on bikes in passive mode. Amazing times, friend!

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I found the kid, his name was Pause Impact, but his friends list is full so I can't friend him. :(

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Cargobob. That's what I need to get into my garage since those fuckers won't spawn for me anymore because why would you ever want one after reaching level 30?

Any low level goons want to help me out later tonight? A modded dominator or something will be offered as a reward, since it will likely take me a while to get it in to my garage.

A c E fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 17, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Platystemon posted:

See, this is the kind of fan mail you get when you have your own Buzzard. :allears:
It's less about the money and more about the stupid Bad Sport points. More so when it's the pilot's dumb arse fault that got themselves shot out and crashed their chopper, why am I copping the bill for it?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren::siren: Breaking News! :siren::siren:

There have been multiple reports of a tank rampaging through downtown Los Santos, destroying vehicles and killing pedestrians; police and FIB members rushed to the scene only to be slaughtered by a hail of tank fire and flaming wreckage. Then, suddenly out of nowhere a secondary tank joined the fight as it came charging down the street and proceeded to open fire on the rampaging tank and succeeded in destroying it in a matter of seconds.

Weazel Actions News was the first on the scene.

Here we can see the wreckage of what is left of what was the rampaging tank, along with some civilian casualties as their vehicles lay in ruin. Who knows how many others may have died if this hero or heroine that had been driving the secondary tank had not shown up when they had.

Claudia Mastén, Weazel Action News.

titties
May 10, 2012

Since I'm not in any of the larger goon crews, I usually leave my vehicle access set to "everyone" so that the AWCO and 1009 goons can use my rides if they need to while we're doing missions.

When I came out of my apartment, I was treated to the sight of a pubbie behind the wheel of my custom news van. He was doing doughnuts and blasting the horn in delight, obviously pleased at his find. When I asked him for a comment regarding the theft he tried to drive off, but I guess he wasn't expecting a van to leave a streak of rubber like it did and drove it into a telephone pole.

I locked him out of the van and approached him while he circled it and tried all the doors. I asked him again to make a statement. When he didn't, I swiftly pulled out my knife and shanked him, punctuating the stabbing with a lustily growled "Weazel ACTION News". Even as his knees began to buckle I kicked his crumpling body away from the van so that he wouldn't leave a smear on the chrome finish. I'd have liked to get some pictures, but I proceeded to get dominated by a 10-year-old French boy and had to run away in shame.

Getting player kills with a knife is the best.

titties fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 17, 2013

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
They never should've gave me money. Let's say that I'm a loving retard and spent money on several properties because I didn't think my purchase went through and now I want my money back. Is there a way to sell a property I own?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

They never should've gave me money. Let's say that I'm a loving retard and spent money on several properties because I didn't think my purchase went through and now I want my money back. Is there a way to sell a property I own?
You can only own one property, you automatically sell it for half the cash you paid if you buy a new one.

titties
May 10, 2012

Yes. When you buy a new property, the old one is sold at half of your original purchase price and applied to the cost of the new property. I hate to break it to you, but you only own one property.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Personally I like the Unarmed Stealth kill. Judo chop!

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Godamnit! Haha I definitely knew something was wrong. I bought a 200k apartment and then a 10 car garage and then an apartment at the docks. Jesus, I'm pathetic.

titties
May 10, 2012

Don't feel too bad, it is sort of implied that you can own more than one. There's the "American Dream" trophy / achievement that says something like "Own an apartment, garage, and insured car". I have an apartment with garage and a lot of insured cars and the trophy never dinged.

If anyone wants to run missions or races, do some news reporting, or just get up to general fuckery I'm around, add PSN: mr_dread

EDIT: If you're the person with hot_dog in their PSN name that just tried to add me, please send another request. I accidentally deleted it while trying to make room on my list to add you.

titties fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 17, 2013

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Something I learned today while hunting for Red Dots that seems really obvious in hindsight: you can shoot behind you with the rear view button while driving. It's even easier than shooting targets from behind their car if you're on the freeway. I assumed the reality aspect of this game would prevent you from doing that, and I swear if you tried that in previous GTA games, your character would just shoot to the side of the car.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Okay I have never stopped to watch the movie cinemas in this game and holy poo poo they're great.

"I've almost got 'im!"
"Whatever you do, don't stick yer penis in it!"
"..Why would I do a thing like that?"
"..." :catstare:
"...Nooooooo!!!!"

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

falconry posted:

Something I learned today while hunting for Red Dots that seems really obvious in hindsight: you can shoot behind you with the rear view button while driving. It's even easier than shooting targets from behind their car if you're on the freeway. I assumed the reality aspect of this game would prevent you from doing that, and I swear if you tried that in previous GTA games, your character would just shoot to the side of the car.

In earlier games (i.e. Vice City) you could only shoot to the sides but since at least IV backward shooting has been a thing. Not sure about San Andreas.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Haha. Tricking people into Sniping me out of the insured buzzard is the best. Sorry you got duped, sucker.
To get the buzzard out I generally call the mechanic while in free mode and then launch into the mission I want to play. When the mission starts it will be on the street.

titties
May 10, 2012

I don't know what's happening to this city. We were celebrating our upper-upper-middle-class status by taking my sailboat on her maiden voyage. The second we hit the bay (which took a while because the sailboat is real slow) we were sank by what I assume was RPG fire from the shore, though it would have required a really good shot.

RIP S.S. Rusty Clam

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I found the kid, his name was Pause Impact, but his friends list is full so I can't friend him. :(

That was me diving around spinning you out when you and the kid were in the spacemobile I figured you were harassing him for being a whiny brat on the mic. Oops!

Mice Everywhere
Sep 7, 2007

I love animal porn! So F* you if you don't accept that!

KoRMaK posted:

Haha. Tricking people into Sniping me out of the insured buzzard is the best. Sorry you got duped, sucker.
To get the buzzard out I generally call the mechanic while in free mode and then launch into the mission I want to play. When the mission starts it will be on the street.

Whenever I try to trick people into blowing me up they shoot my chopper until the engines die, then the game counts that as my fault for some reason and I have to pay. :mad:

My glitch money is drying up and I'm almost down to 1 million dollars, I'm practically poor!

Mice Everywhere fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 17, 2013

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

titties posted:

I don't know what's happening to this city. We were celebrating our upper-upper-middle-class status by taking my sailboat on her maiden voyage. The second we hit the bay (which took a while because the sailboat is real slow) we were sank by what I assume was RPG fire from the shore, though it would have required a really good shot.

RIP S.S. Rusty Clam

Can we make a new crew and call it "White Girls and Yacht Rock" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

titties posted:

RIP S.S. Rusty Clam

I'm telling you- the worst thing this city has been hit with is not a problem you'll find listed by the media. The poor have been, are, and will be the biggest issue in this city until we do something about it.

Would you happen to play on the 360? We may have a group for you.

• Locked thread