Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Dr.Caligari posted:

I called about the Daytona, and the owner told me it now has "head gasket problems". I asked him what it was doing and he said burning a lot of oil :shrug: . Sounds to me like there are several potential major issues here, and even though he told me he would sell it for next to nothing, I think it's best I pass on this one.

The engines come out in about an hour and a half. Re-ring it and use GM LT1 valve seals - no oil problems. Well, as long as the turbo is in decent shape. If you can still get it for peanuts, you could part it out and make a little bit of coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Turbo dodge owner checking in - you can get a decent rebuilt turbo spec head from cylinder heads international for $200 + core.

Maybe we should have a thread for these cars?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Holy poo poo. That shot with an AR in there just because is the icing on the cake.
It even looks fake.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

The receiver looks too small and the bolt looks wrong to be an actual AR. .22 rifle (10/22?) shaped like an AR maybe?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Much like it's always a Fiero, it's always airsoft. Don't those 10/22 conversions usually have a smaller mag?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I've not looked into 10/22 conversions much so you're probably right, but I think there are some conversions (might be thinking of .22 converted ARs) that essentially have a .22 banana mag stuck in an ar-15 pmag looking shell. It looks correct when it's inserted but out of the gun it's obviously not a real 5.56 mag.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Are you saying the rifle is a smaller calibre type made up to look like a larger, more potent model from the outside?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guys forget about the gun. It has a Toyota Echo motor in it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Leperflesh posted:

Guys forget about the gun. It has a Toyota Echo motor in it.

Oh we know, it is incredibly absurd. Just the bizarre inclusion of some random lovely gun as well just makes it even shittier.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...
Sweet merciful Zombie Red Green...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Custom-Turbo-Manifold-Flange-for-Turbo-CT26-With-Welded-On-Adaptor-Toyota-MR2-/300903804461?roken=Bk5gSm

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

^^^ hahah, holy poo poo, look out ultimateforce Michael J. Fox got a welder and is going to put you out of business.

Pretty sure it's a Mossberg .22lr carbine :ms: So not only did he stick a Toyota motor in a 911 for some reason he put a cheap fake AR-15 in the for sale photo for some reason. Dude is an enigma. Or maybe just an idiot.

Throatwarbler posted:

Are you saying the rifle is a smaller calibre type made up to look like a larger, more potent model from the outside?
Yup shoots a .22lr round instead of the 5.56mm round the AR-15 shoots. Everyone loves AR-15s but they start at around $1,000 for a cheap brand with no options and the price climbs quickly from there. .22lr rifles in AR-15 cloths are more like $300 and the rounds they shoot costs 1/8th as much. Or at least they did before Obama got re-elected and everyone lost their loving minds thinking all gun things ever were going to be banned.

There are also all sorts of conversions for the Ruger 10/22 semi auto .22lr rifle which is the Fiero of guns.

e: second time tonight an edit has refused to apply.

Galler fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 15, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Porsche would actually be a great candidate for a V8 swap.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
EDIT: Never mind.

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 15, 2013

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4185231409.html

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
1989 Dodge Daytona C/S Turbo - $1500
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4180647130.html

Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me. Rockauto just sent a huge list of close out parts for the daytona/laser 2.2 turbo.

:getin:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

umm... what? uhh... whats going on here?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4191876487.html

This is generating quite a stir on BAT. It seems like SW20s are getting more attention from people who aren't already MR2 dorks lately. I wonder if the 93+ turbos are going to continue to appreciate.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

blk posted:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4191876487.html

This is generating quite a stir on BAT. It seems like SW20s are getting more attention from people who aren't already MR2 dorks lately. I wonder if the 93+ turbos are going to continue to appreciate.

Wow that is a totally fair price.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

leica posted:

That Porsche would actually be a great candidate for a V8 swap.

Oddly enough, the Echo911 has just enough power for Porsche owners. Merge on the freeway at 40mph and then do 90mph after 5 minutes of accelerating, then promptly get on the phone to argue with the escrow company.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It'd be a great candidate for a swap if it wasn't 30 grand you mean right? A good body and interior isn't worth that much. The front seat looks like it has a cover on it anyways, so it's probably torn up.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Decent 2002 project for sale. Lots of parts, good looking body don't see any cancer. Had AC too, year is not that desirable but it looks pretty complete. Might be a good swap candidate.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4103539298.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-MUST-SELL-1991-Acura-NSX-Coupe-PRICE-REDUCED-W0QQAdIdZ538134321
Immaculate price reduced NSX? Why sure, I will take a look at your ad good sir.

quote:

Immaculate Collectable Vehicle.

1991 Acura NSX - Black on Beige
(Upgraded 2001 Body conversion)

Has a Original Acura Conversion Body
-Rear Type R Valence
-Front Lower Carbon Fiber Lip
-6 Fin Hood
-HID Headlights
-Rayz 18" ALLOY RIMS with Newer Rubber
-Carbon Fiber Interior
-Double DIN JVC DVD Deck
-Custom Short Shifter
-Brand New 2 Stage Acura Clutch
-Tinted Windows
-Lowered Coils and Struts (Eibach) 2.5 Lower
-Brand New Brakes and Rotors (Cross Drilled)
-3M on Front of Vehicles
-Compustar Remote Car Starter
-New Front Tierods
-AEM Intake
-NRG Detachable Steering Wheel

Vehicle is well maintained - Always used FUll Synthetic oil. This vehicle a Traffic Stopper. No Rust, Full Alluminum Body, 280 HP. NO Accidents , 2 nd Owner I can provide the inspection report.
Would consider trading along with some cash if you have an SUV or a truck.
PLEASE CONTACT ME 780-232-7820
Oh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
That poor NSX. :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rscott posted:

It'd be a great candidate for a swap if it wasn't 30 grand you mean right? A good body and interior isn't worth that much. The front seat looks like it has a cover on it anyways, so it's probably torn up.

Pretty much, there's no way he's gonna get 30k for it, lowball the dude and give it the LSx treatment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hmm. New front bumper, hood, headlights, and the airbag is gone?

Nope, i see no issues! no front end collison here!

In other news, i'm hopefully going to look at a potential new home for the powerstroke.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-Cool-old-army-truck-W0QQAdIdZ533141983

We got 2 feet of snow in the last few days, so i probably won't see much.

Edit: it was dissapointingly lovely. the frame was all hacked up and from something else completely. it was a 59 registered as a 53, the engine and trans were out of a school bus or something. all there was really was a cab. It was really nothing more than a big pile of mystery parts.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 18, 2013

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Whats going on here..

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4160019656.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

He's a fan of holdbrooks.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I was gonna say you could fix that with a hacksaw, but I don't like how black those tailpipes are.

quote:

The exterior is 6/10

Hahahahahah

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 18, 2013

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

1986 Mitsubishi Starion turbo for trade

Looking to trade for something different. I will sell the car but I am firm on the price. These cars are rare and I would like to trade
for something that is more common and easier to source parts (preferable jdm). Plymouth Technica Conquest (aka Starion) I value the car
at around $2000 so anything of equal value

170,000 miles, 5 speed manual, 2.6L turbo, runs great. clean title smogged and registered. rear wheel drive, four wheel disc brakes,
independent suspension at all four wheels. lots of new part including cv shaft, catalytic converter, battery, pcv, plugs/wires/ belts
and all fluids including rear diff and trans. Top end was rebuilt about 2 years ago. I am sure I'm missing a few new parts Technica
only Digital gauges and talking feature that is a cool novelty. torn seats and a cat clawed up the top leather on the doors.

I have a brand new motor for the car as well that I purchased as a spare that can go with the car. I also have about two boxes of spare
parts

For 2k it seems like a pretty awesome car. Looks untouched and pretty original.

Best part?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1976-dodge-aspen-360-4-barrel-W0QQAdIdZ544407882

500 bucks for a RWD v8 sedan? how could you not buy it! (i'm looking at you seat safety switch)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm starting to wonder if my reputation is preceding me too much. I may have brain troubles but Slung's the one who puts the money up for the huge-engined domestics. :v:

Keep looking at this ad for said huge-engined domestic too:

While I'm looking around, you should cram that there engine into this son of a bitch: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1963-Chevy-C10-W0QQAdIdZ538668253

Too bad about the price.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

That'll keep 'em from questioning your sexual orientation.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I like the fuel door work, but the rusted hood trend needs to go away.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

I like the fuel door work, but the rusted hood trend needs to go away.

I'll take that 1 step further, the different colored hood on a Honda trend needs to go away.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

keykey posted:

I'll take that 1 step further, the different colored hood on a Honda trend needs to go away.

I assumed that was from all of them being in at least one collision by now :v: .

Also digging the classic Enkeis it's got.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/4128876210.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

keykey posted:

I like how people saw carbon fiber hoods and didn't know what it was so they just spray-painted their hoods black to mimic it. Now they're all over CL going for absolutely no money and not even getting it. Not a whole lot of market for an economy car with harder suspension than some race cars and about the same ground-clearance.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Matte black hoods are kinda sorta useful to avoid being blinded by reflected sunlight, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh god, those fins.

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=482967431

I'm half tempted to sell a bunch of stuff and go whole hog in collecting awesome cars, but if i ever lose my yard space, not only would i be hosed, i'd have 3 days of moving broken cars around. As of now, everything but the subaru runs and drives perfectly.