Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
You have it right by my understanding as well. If the seller owes 100k and you offer 75k, the bank would take the whole 75k and write off 25k. Unless their counter is over 100k (taking them out of a short sale) the actual number wouldn't matter to the seller at all. Our agent told us to expect any short-sale offer to be accepted quickly by the seller, but then for a long wait before the bank made any decisions or counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
If the seller is fairly certain the lender will reject the offer, then might the seller reject the offer up front? Otherwise, everybody has to wait forever for the lender. And it might preclude the seller from entertaining other offers.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I hope in that case our comparison of recent sales and the listing agent will help him decide to accept the offer and let the bank appraise it. The listing agent actually thought it was a fair offer so hopefully that works.

We also found that the lender is BoA and this was originally a countrywide loan. I'm not familiar with the details but our agent thinks that BoA will try to process it quickly due to the whole BoA is liable for countrywide fraud thing. Has anyone here had any experience with this particular situation? I don't want to have to wait 3 months to find out this isn't going to happen when there is other houses we can buy during that time.

This is the first house we've actually liked in 6+ weeks of looking, its in seemingly good shape and we want to close sooner rather than later.

Mary Fucking Poppins
Aug 1, 2002

DemonLlama posted:

The financial incentive for agents is to make a quick sale and get to the next one. They don't really care if the sale is 10% higher, they want to get their money and get paid for working with you in as short a time and with as little effort as possible.

So buyers agents will generally push you to overpay on houses. "Oh, it's a sellers market!" "We dont' want to insult the seller", etc.

Sellers agents pull the opposite move. "Price your house to sell!" "It will never sell at your price, list lower!" "Take the offer, don't haggle!" Etc, etc.

As a buyer, think of the sellers agent as being on your side. They will often tell you personal info about their clients that is quite useful in extorting a lower price. Like if the seller has already bought a new house somewhere else or has only limited time to sell. Don't tell your buyers agent ANYTHING about your own situation, how bad you want a house, what your spending limit is, etc. Keep your poker face on all the time. Think of them as the seller's buddy, because that is how they function.

Given that we know I have a bad agent, it makes sense in retrospect to limit how much the agent knows of my financial position. Unfortunately, even if I had that kind of foresight in general, that wouldn't have helped too much for the property I made an offer on - it's owned by a neighborhood revitalization non-profit and they ask for income details on potential buyers.

So my agent knows that I make good money and that's probably one reason why she's pressuring me into thinking about offers in terms of list price rather than comparable sale price. But I've told her many times that I'd rather sit and wait in my apartment for the right deal than to overpay on a property just to get one. She was in fact referred to me by a coworker, but maybe my coworker didn't put so much emphasis on price/value and was more concerned about quickly getting out of the house he had just sold.

Oh well, live and learn I guess.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

GanjamonII posted:

I hope in that case our comparison of recent sales and the listing agent will help him decide to accept the offer and let the bank appraise it. The listing agent actually thought it was a fair offer so hopefully that works.

We also found that the lender is BoA and this was originally a countrywide loan. I'm not familiar with the details but our agent thinks that BoA will try to process it quickly due to the whole BoA is liable for countrywide fraud thing. Has anyone here had any experience with this particular situation? I don't want to have to wait 3 months to find out this isn't going to happen when there is other houses we can buy during that time.

This is the first house we've actually liked in 6+ weeks of looking, its in seemingly good shape and we want to close sooner rather than later.

I didn't buy a short sale but I bought a bank owned home 2 years ago from BofA and it was a nightmare. Their escrow company drug their feet on everything and caused us to miss our closing date by nearly 3 weeks and cost us thousands in rent and moving costs as we already sold our old home. BofA can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

This was at the tail end of 2011 when they had a huge backlog though so times may be different. BofA took about a 60% loss on that house too.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

GanjamonII posted:

I was in your seller's position. You hear this pretty much as a rule, but it's because it's so complx it's the only real rule of them - everyone has a pretty different set of circumstances and the process winds up different for everyone. There's an awful lot of judgment calls being made about how to limit the amount of money the bank will lose and the only ones with solid data on this will be the banks - they have no reason to report to anyone how their short sale stuff is going. There's factors like how long the seller has been delinquent, whether there's PMI, pricing of comps in the area. If you can provide some more details like the comps for the area, etc. I could attempt a ball park estimate based upon the stuff I asked my selling agent 3 years ago.

I think the short sale process itself for me once we found a buyer willing to go through with it all was about 4 weeks long... then BofA balked because their appraiser was stupid and claimed that the fair market value was actually 250k when there were literally zero comps available due to a litany of factors. So the buyer backed out and BofA lost more and more money in an attempt to not lose a whole $20k in the end (loan had PMI, so they were going to get some cash out of it - they were trying to make it precisely $0 lost on the books I believe given the back & forth I had with them). The next buyer took about 6 weeks from offer to close I believe - BofA learned their lesson. This was in 2010 when the full gravity of the Countrywide problems weren't recognized.

For anyone looking at short sales, if things aren't looking favorable for you and the bank is starting to throw their weight around, walk and go to the next one. It is typically within your right to do so as a provision of short sales that you don't get when buying most non-distressed properties. One of the downsides of looking for distressed property deals on houses is the wait for the right value one, but I think it can be rewarding if you go into it with the right mindset.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

necrobobsledder posted:

For anyone looking at short sales, if things aren't looking favorable for you and the bank is starting to throw their weight around, walk and go to the next one. It is typically within your right to do so as a provision of short sales that you don't get when buying most non-distressed properties. One of the downsides of looking for distressed property deals on houses is the wait for the right value one, but I think it can be rewarding if you go into it with the right mindset.
Keep in mind that a short sale has a serious advantage over a straight foreclosure -- the seller is trying to preserve as much of their credit as they can, and part of that is maintaining the property until it sells. They will do a much better job of making sure the basement doesn't flood, that any leaks in the roof are addressed, etc.. than a bank agent watching a vacant home will.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

On Friday I was talking with our broker about when we wanted to lock, and she said there was some financial news that caused rates to rise slightly.

Does anyone know what this might have been? And what are some good resources to get current?

We are basically just going to pick a day next week, but I want to follow it for my own edification.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

porkface posted:

On Friday I was talking with our broker about when we wanted to lock, and she said there was some financial news that caused rates to rise slightly.
For the past 5 years, the federal reserve has been keeping rates artificially low, not just through it's zero interest rate policy (short term) but also through it's quantitative easing (10+ year) programs. It has justified both of these, but especially QE by citing poor economic conditions, specifically those that raise the specter of deflation. These programs add to the risk of both stagflation and inflation. Good economic news raises the risk of inflation as well, so the more "good" economic news you see, the greatest the "risk" that QE and ZIRP will be ended. The good news is that shortly after these programs end, the threat of the bond vigilantes striking ends, and you will likely see a (inverse) dead cat bounce and as investors rush back into US treasuries there may be a short period when rates dip lower than the lows you saw before. Waiting for this is a risk, so my advice would be to take advantage of near historic lows and lock in asap.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

porkface posted:

Does anyone know what this might have been? And what are some good resources to get current?

We are basically just going to pick a day next week, but I want to follow it for my own edification.

Rates are at ridiculous historical lows. Since mortgage interest is tax deductible, a 4% rate is essentially an interest free loan for the first few years of your mortgage. And (hopefully) if your wages keep pace with inflation, you'll be paying back a dollar with 80 cents (or less) in about 20 years.

If you were to "time" mortgage rates at any time over the past EVER you'd look like a genius for locking in rates at any time in the past 18 months, and probably for the next 18 months.

Any daily news is just noise. If you could predict what rates would be next week or next month, you'd be working for PIMCO.

Buy the house because you're getting a good price, have the money, want to live there, etc.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
One thing to keep in mind is that if interest rates went up, it would put downward pressure on house prices, which is a Bad Thing according to most of the baby boomer economists more or less.

Regardless, the past few years and another year or two from now we'll still probably have interest rates hardly different from today. A percent or two difference on a mortgage shouldn't drive anyone to buy earlier than they're financially ready, and I'm sure we'll maybe go up another percent or two, tops, in the next 18 months. Although for the lifetime of a loan the interest paid tends to dwarf the principal and so the mortgage rate matters significantly, I'd still rather just have a cheaper house in the end with lower maintenance costs over a more expensive one.

adorai posted:

Keep in mind that a short sale has a serious advantage over a straight foreclosure -- the seller is trying to preserve as much of their credit as they can, and part of that is maintaining the property until it sells. They will do a much better job of making sure the basement doesn't flood, that any leaks in the roof are addressed, etc.. than a bank agent watching a vacant home will.
Eh, I had basically no incentive nor even means to fix my place even if anything was messed up - the bank was going to cover it. Because the place was so cheap and we had multiple offers, it wouldn't have mattered (joke's on the buyers though - that place has declined in value since 2010 while the rest of the country has recovered somewhat). To be able to get the bank to even approve the short sale, I had to show I had basically no cash on me to bring to closing that would matter, so how would I have had cash to, say, repair a roof or foundation? Because of this conflict and loss mitigation, it's possible the bank would have rather just let a place foreclose than to actually pay for significant repairs. A big reason why a lot of really well off people just plain foreclosed on the properties they were building was because they wouldn't have been approved for short sales either and did it because their credit rating hardly matters when their assets are so solid. Several CFOs of big corporations foreclosed on their 4th and 5th homes they were building during this past recession (yeah, seriously, problems of the .1% right?)

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
The guy building his 4th or 5th house may not have to worry about his FICO score, but if it goes into foreclosure then you can bet the banks will be taking him to court to get their money back. One of the downsides of being rich is that people are much more likely to sue you, since they know you can pay a big judgement.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Non-recourse states mean that the bank cannot sue you for the residual balance when you have a short sale / foreclosure. This works for everyone rich and poor (typically better for the poor since they foreclose much more often). Also, let's not forget that the .1% have lawyers and can probably draft up a loan that puts them at the advantage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tiananman posted:

Rates are at ridiculous historical lows. Since mortgage interest is tax deductible, a 4% rate is essentially an interest free loan for the first few years of your mortgage.

This is only true if, without having a mortgage, you would have itemized anyway because your other itemized deductions already exceeded the standard deduction.

If you normally would have taken the standard deduction, then the amount you deduct for mortgage interest up to the amount of the standard deduction isn't actually savings at all.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

tiananman posted:

Since mortgage interest is tax deductible, a 4% rate is essentially an interest free loan for the first few years of your mortgage.
You're confusing back-end deduction with tax credit. In the 25% tax bracket, a 4% rate comes out to approximately 3%, since you're essentially paying for it with pre-tax dollars. And, like LF said, it only matters at all if you make it over the standard deduction threshold.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm glad you guys pointed that out, because "the interest is tax deductible (therefore you get it back)!" is the second biggest piece of false logic/industry misinformation after "you're throwing away money on rent!"

It's right up there with "I don't want a raise because I'll take home less money in the next tax bracket". Before you can do the math, you must first understand the math.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Is there any reason not to buy in cash, and if not how much leverage is that in price negotiation?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If a seller receives an all-cash offer of an acceptable amount, they are very likely going to take it over a non-cash offer unless the non-cash offer is substantially higher. Closing on an all-cash offer is WAY simpler and tends to be a lot faster.

A coworker of mine just sold his house and received a competitive all-cash offer and basically ignored all the other offers in favor of it. His deal closed in less than 2 weeks with pretty much zero headache.

It sucks for the rest of us buyers that can't afford to offer all cash, but that's the market.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 14, 2013

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is there any reason not to buy in cash, and if not how much leverage is that in price negotiation?

The reason not to buy in cash would be that you prefer having highly liquid assets (cash accounts) vs. real property ownership. For the person who has enough cash to buy a house and still have plenty of liquid assets there's probably not a compelling reason to get a mortgage...unless your one of those max/min opportunity cost types who like to compare your mortgage interest rate to potential investment profit. For example, if you had a surefire investment that could make you 8% annual return then you'd be silly not to take a 4% loan and use that money to invest in your sure thing. However, there are no sure things PLUS capital gains tax will turn your 8% into 5% anyway.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Guinness posted:

If a seller receives an all-cash offer of an acceptable amount, they are very likely going to take it over a non-cash offer unless the non-cash offer is substantially higher. Closing on an all-cash offer is WAY simpler and tends to be a lot faster.

A coworker of mine just sold his house and received a competitive all-cash offer and basically ignored all the other offers in favor of it. His deal closed in less than 2 weeks with pretty much zero headache.

It sucks for the rest of us buyers that can't afford to offer all cash, but that's the market.

Awesome. This place has been listed for 6 months so I won't worry too much about a (relatively) lowball cash offer being refused in favor of someone else's loan offer.

e: and I'm not rich uncle pennybags, I just had a big down payment saved up for a dream house which I think I'll turn into an outright buy of a more modest home.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Spamtron7000 posted:

However, there are no sure things PLUS capital gains tax will turn your 8% into 5% anyway.

How?

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Sorry I meant 6% not 5%. Top income bracket pays 20% capital gains plus the new 3.8% punch in the gut tax.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

Stultus Maximus posted:

e: and I'm not rich uncle pennybags, I just had a big down payment saved up for a dream house which I think I'll turn into an outright buy of a more modest home.

I hope to be able to do that someday. No mortgage with half of it going to interest, smaller home = smaller bills, etc. You'll be so much better off financially in a lot of ways.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Awesome. This place has been listed for 6 months so I won't worry too much about a (relatively) lowball cash offer being refused in favor of someone else's loan offer.

Be really really careful about a property that has sat unsold for six months. That is usually a huge warning sign; either it's severely overpriced and the sellers refuse to budge (in which case, you should discount from the list price, and then discount again for your all-cash offer) or it's distressed in some not-necessarily-obvious way... which leads back to the former, really.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

razz posted:

I hope to be able to do that someday. No mortgage with half of it going to interest, smaller home = smaller bills, etc. You'll be so much better off financially in a lot of ways.

Yeah... it's just such a hard decision. Charming 1000 ft2 Arts & Crafts bungalow bought outright or half a beautiful brick 1904 2200 ft2 town house. I don't really need the space but I'm such a sucker for historic architecture and the dark wood interior trim.

Leperflesh posted:

Be really really careful about a property that has sat unsold for six months. That is usually a huge warning sign; either it's severely overpriced and the sellers refuse to budge (in which case, you should discount from the list price, and then discount again for your all-cash offer) or it's distressed in some not-necessarily-obvious way... which leads back to the former, really.

I've got a good inspector to take a look before I make rash decisions.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I had a cash buyer on my last house and it was amazing. I didn't even try to haggle on price and I fixed every loving thing they wanted fixed no questions AND moved out in 2 weeks. Had to live in a hotel for 2 weeks but I didn't care.

We signed maybe 8 pieces of paper at closing and that was it, maybe 15 minutes.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Ok so I need to pick a lender
Theres three options right now:
Mortgage broker (friend of a friend) - 4.25%, 1% origination fee. zero points
Work credit union - 4.25%, 895$ fee, no points
Online lender (from zillow) - 4.125%, a lender credit which covers their fee and also a few hundred dollars of closing costs.
Other large lender - 4.3% w/ 2 pts or 4.5 without (not considering this one).

The mortgage broker is the one I'd prefer to go with because it seems like he would arrange everything for us, guide us through the process and so on. The 1% origination fee though is a little concerning since its $2,800 so about 2k more than my credit union for the same rate. I don't know if the 2800$ is a 'good deal' for what they do. Its also a friend of a friend and so far he's helped us out with preapproval letters and so on, and been really responsive and helpful.

The online lender I am unsure about, but they seem to have positive reviews on zillow.com and by far the cheapest. Also has been quite responsive and helpful.

Is it worth paying extra for the mortgage broker?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GanjamonII posted:

Online lender (from zillow) - 4.125%, a lender credit which covers their fee and also a few hundred dollars of closing costs.

The mortgage broker is the one I'd prefer to go with because it seems like he would arrange everything for us, guide us through the process and so on. The 1% origination fee though is a little concerning since its $2,800 so about 2k more than my credit union for the same rate. I don't know if the 2800$ is a 'good deal' for what they do. Its also a friend of a friend and so far he's helped us out with preapproval letters and so on, and been really responsive and helpful.

The online lender I am unsure about, but they seem to have positive reviews on zillow.com and by far the cheapest. Also has been quite responsive and helpful.

When are you closing?

The broker can, in theory, get you the best rate on the specific date that you lock in your rate. My broker said that many banks changed their listings twice a day. However, the fact your broker is quoting you something worse than your online quote is concerning. Did you get all these quotes on the same day?

I would not bother with the large lender and maybe not the credit union either. Keep in mind there's a pretty good possibility that some bank will buy your loan immediately, so whatever bank you go through is not necessarily going to be the bank that services your loan. For me, this eliminates the "customer service" side of the picking-a-lender equation.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The broker friend of a friend is probably making a point on the front (origination fee) and looking at today's wholesale rates, another point to point and a half on the back end, which is about right with my experience with mortgage brokers. 2.5 to 3% is probably most brokers target gross revenue on a deal.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

GanjamonII posted:

I would not pay extra for the mortgage broker. Go with the online lender, or try to get the work credit union to match - I got a quote for 4.25 with -1 point (1840 to me at closing) and one for 4.3 with 0.5 points from the lender associated with my real estate agent, and when I asked them to match the other deal they did. All the ease of dealing with a local, known lender, with the feel good price of online!

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

GanjamonII posted:

Have you tried haggling with the broker yet?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wait, is the Origination Fee a fee paid directly to the broker? Do brokers charge for their services in the US?!?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Yes, mortgage brokers charge for their services in the US. It's a terrible business since the commissions can be very large and almost no education is needed to be a broker.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kind of a tangential question about appliances - I can't think of anyplace else to ask, though.

I'm in a situation where I need to buy a washer, dryer, and fridge for the place I'm moving into. It has the hookups for washer/dryer, and a large space for the fridge. Should I buy new or refurbished? I've heard that energy efficient washer/dryers will save me money over time, but I've also heard they don't wash clothes as well. And new fridges are really expensive, but I don't want to deal with a broken fridge - plus there's going to be 4-5 people living in this house, so it needs to be a large one, since I want to avoid buying a second fridge.

Any input? I figure some of the homeowners in this thread have had some experiences with appliances and can point me in the right direction.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Kind of a tangential question about appliances - I can't think of anyplace else to ask, though.

I'm in a situation where I need to buy a washer, dryer, and fridge for the place I'm moving into. It has the hookups for washer/dryer, and a large space for the fridge. Should I buy new or refurbished? I've heard that energy efficient washer/dryers will save me money over time, but I've also heard they don't wash clothes as well. And new fridges are really expensive, but I don't want to deal with a broken fridge - plus there's going to be 4-5 people living in this house, so it needs to be a large one, since I want to avoid buying a second fridge.

Any input? I figure some of the homeowners in this thread have had some experiences with appliances and can point me in the right direction.
I would just buy new. Even if you have to finance, they are probably so much more energy efficient that you will get that money back soon enough. Especially on a washer, that only has a life of 5-7 years any more anyway.

My HE washer has options that let it get truly soiled clothes cleaner, while the defaults are pretty good for my office clothes. The dryer does not fully dry things, but it works well enough. I just hang up the very lightly damp clothes from the dryer before bed, and they are always dry by morning anyway.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I would stay out of the big box retail stores for appliances. There's no need to spend 1500+ on a washer dryer set or 2700 dollars on a new fridge.

Look around your area for appliance discount stores or scratch n' dent places. When we bought our house I paid about 900 dollars for a set of Frigidaire front load washer/dryers and around 850 for a french door Whirlpool Gold fridge from an appliance discount place. All 3 items were brand new perfect in the box.

If you get top load washers, find a used place to grab them if you want to save some money. The front loaders are much more energy efficient, especially when it comes to water usage, and I wanted them so we could stack them in our laundry room and put the cat's litter boxes where the dryer would normally go. There's not much difference these days between brands, there's only like 3 OEM's that make the things anyway.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Black Friday is just around the corner. Buy your washer and dryer from Lowes or Home Depot or Sears, he'll anywhere but buy it on Black Friday. All the major retailers probably already have their listings online.

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I just bought some appliances after I bought my first house. Here is how I went about it.

You can buy 10% off coupons from the big box improvement stores from ebay, they are usually good for about a month after you buy them. The listing usually has the expiration date. You will also probably get some from your moving packet from USPS but if the code actually works or not is hit or miss. Wait until any holiday weekend and they will also have 10% off major appliances for that weekend with free delivery. There will be models online that are not available in the stores and also cheaper than the models available in the local stores. Now you have 20% off, combine that with buying energy efficient and getting state rebates (I got 50$ for both my fridge and washer) and I spent less than $1000 total for an energy efficient fridge and washer delivered to my door. Make sure you check your state rebates to make sure the models you buy will get you a rebate.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised there isn't an appliances megathread or anything. I'm in the process of buying a place where the current owners are taking all the appliances with them, so I've been trying to figure out this strange world of home appliances. I've been making do (with whatever came with the rental) for so long that it just seems like there's too many options.

Are Wolf ranges better than my child receiving an education, and what the gently caress is sabbath mode? Do Fagor and Smeg have performance that backs up their memorable names? It would certainly be appreciated if someone knows enough to start a megathread of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Broker fees are negotiable. Finding a good broker can save you money, but some of the cheapest mortgages and best terms can be had through a local bank or credit union directly. Shop around. Same with appliances. Slickdeals always has the best scams, err deals listed. I assume Sabbath mode plays war pigs when your oven timer goes off.