Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Looking around the edges leads me to believe that it is, in fact, an icecream van or similar. She probably has friends on the side of the van!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Slavvy posted:

Looking around the edges leads me to believe that it is, in fact, an icecream van or similar. She probably has friends on the side of the van!

Perhaps it's like the creepy ice cream van that appears here at sunset, one late autumn day per year. I really don't know what the gently caress.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

General_Failure posted:

Perhaps it's like the creepy ice cream van that appears here at sunset, one late autumn day per year. I really don't know what the gently caress.

It plays the jingle backwards.

They all float.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

LIEUTENANT SWIPER, ICE CREEEEAM

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I forgot I had this on my phone. Passed by this in the parking lot a couple months ago. What purpose does dazzle cam have on a regular car? It was intended for ships! Trying to confuse the cops' coincidence rangefinders? My phone couldn't take the detail in, but of course it's done with spray paint and it's bubbling and flaking off. And you painted over your lights with your terrible stencils. I guess it could be pulled off, but this just looks plain ugly. I was giggling all day after seeing this.

E: Also, still trying to figure out what the gently caress they were thinking here:

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 16, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
If it was on an Evo and done a little better it might be cool.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

No photo because I am not about to break out the camera phone while cycling, but yesterday I saw a silver C6 Corvette driven by a large middle aged guy with a vanity plate that read "Me 1st"

Way to live up to stereotypes there bud.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Didn't see the owner, assuming extreme grossness.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Texas License plate. If you're 20miles outside a metropolitan area, don't assume anything.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

blugu64 posted:

Texas License plate. If you're 20miles outside a metropolitan area, don't assume anything.

This is in a metro area and why would that preclude grossness?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

If I saw that I don't think I could resist swapping the S and T at the end of that badge.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

This is in a metro area and why would that preclude grossness?

Outside the metro areas (I'm looking at you San Antonio), even non-gross women might be driving something like that. Granted they might also raise hogs for show at the county fair, but hey, what are you going to do?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

blugu64 posted:

Outside the metro areas (I'm looking at you San Antonio), even non-gross women might be driving something like that. Granted they might also raise hogs for show at the county fair, but hey, what are you going to do?

You have a very broad definition of non-gross, my friend.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Linedance posted:

If I saw that I don't think I could resist swapping the S and T at the end of that badge.

I had looked at it twice before I realized it didn't say fairyslut.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Poisonlizard posted:

I had looked at it twice before I realized it didn't say fairyslut.

It does...just not directly.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Found this incredible piece of engineering outside Chicago Heights, IL

Narrow street and I couldn't fit a side-shot in the camera, and holy poo poo was it long. Momo wheels, giant Ferrari sticker in the back window, panel gaps forever, bizarre ground clearance, just incredible all over.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Is/was...that a Trans Am?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Obviously a Fiero.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Is there a website that catalogs various fiero "mods" into cars that claim to be something other than a fiero? Because there should be one.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

So I ran across this today:

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/4169722135.html

On an unrelated, but still horrible note, I traded the 1940 Chevrolet (Restoring a car with SCIENCE! thread) today for a 1979 Corvette. Overall, the car isn't too bad, but the seat recover job by the previous owner was beyond ridiculous.

I don't care though. It's currently for sale and I'm going to recover those seats and get more money out of it. I'm not a fan of Corvettes, but drat she's pretty!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
e: ^^^ that is a pretty drat nice vette, I have to say.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Is there a website that catalogs various fiero "mods" into cars that claim to be something other than a fiero? Because there should be one.

FieroOrNot.com would be a great drinking game.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Linedance posted:

I was thinking adding some truck nuts...

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

It's loving Texas, she's probably a :btroll: and definitely a complete train-wreck upstairs. God drat I want out of here

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Team140 posted:

On an unrelated, but still horrible note, I traded the 1940 Chevrolet (Restoring a car with SCIENCE! thread) today for a 1979 Corvette. Overall, the car isn't too bad, but the seat recover job by the previous owner was beyond ridiculous.

What why?

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

The '40 still needed a ton of cash dumped into it to be driveable. Tires, fuel tank, misc electrical gremlins and registration alone was going to be at least $2000. That's just where it would be safe to drive. The body had some pretty bad rot hidden from view until I started working on the interior. I don't like giving up on projects, but I don't have a garage and that car needed a garage for the amount of work/time that needed to be still done to it. Also, it drove like a dump truck.

EDIT: I also noticed when I got it loaded up on their trailer that it has about a 4" list to one side that I never really noticed.

The '79 is the least loved 'Vettes, but even with its problems I can fire sale it quick and still come out with more money than I would have got for the '40. I had come all the way down to $3500 on the '40 with no bites, just a bunch of "WHAT'S YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR?" jackasses. If I advertise the Corvette at $3500 I'll have to fight a hoard of people waving cash all around. I'll start it at $5k and bump the price up as I fix things. I'm going to try to get started on the seats next week.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Spotted a couple of blocks from my house:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
That car looks actively, furiously, constipated.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nothing but a tear stained inflatable mattress in the back of that van...

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
This was outside of a bar. I understand that they got hit in the rear, but that doesn't excuse the horrible. The other two wheels were the same as the front driver wheel.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
At least it isn't on one of the drive wheels, it amazes me how many people I see driving around civics and altimas on the highway with the donut on their front axle.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
All the van chat reminded me of this gem I parked next to at the junkyard.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

LTBS posted:

This was outside of a bar. I understand that they got hit in the rear, but that doesn't excuse the horrible. The other two wheels were the same as the front driver wheel.

Because spending the insurance money on repairing the piece of poo poo would make too much sense. Oh who am I kidding, they didn't have insurance.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

trouser chili posted:

All the van chat reminded me of this gem I parked next to at the junkyard.

:stare: I have a weird feeling that he has a lot of letter stickers for sending ransom notes...

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

And yet despite everything that has been said here about the driver likely not being easy on the eyes or sane because she plays WoW she has an endless supply of lonely nerds to boost her self esteem.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BigPaddy posted:

And yet despite everything that has been said here about the driver likely not being easy on the eyes or sane because she plays WoW she has an endless supply of lonely nerds to boost her self esteem.

maybe this chick moved?? m.o. seems similar (not that that means anything)

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Spotted a couple of blocks from my house:

Okay, that's practically something right out of a 14 year-old's first foray through Need for Speed: Underground.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Kachunkachunk posted:

Okay, that's practically something right out of a 14 year-old's first foray through Need for Speed: Underground.

It's from the Iron Man/Transformers crossover movie that's gonna come out in 2015.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Kachunkachunk posted:

It pretty much looks like every Miata that I started those games with.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

One of my hometowns representing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Kachunkachunk posted:

I was going to say it reminds me of the generic 'racecar' from Top Gear 2 for the SNES.