Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I see a robot with a robo-'fro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is apparently the new WRX. just a snazzy front end on the ugly as balls imprezza. The concept is on the right.

Motherfucking cock teases. Here is the new legacy concept that we'll never get.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/14/subaru-2015-legacy-concept-revealed/

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I think someone in Subaru has a mission to ensure a certain percentage of ugly exists in all their production designs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

I think someone in Subaru has a mission to ensure a certain percentage of ugly exists in all their production designs.

And that percentage is 90.

If i was the guy that designed the sports tourer concept, and the WRX concept, and was sitting in the meeting where they unveiled the production WRX, i'd probably stand up and take a giant poo poo in the middle of the conference table, then jump out the window.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

For some stupid reason, car manufacturers think that extremely aggressive looking cars are a niche market that only rednecks and Lamborghini owners fill. It's bullshit.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I just long for the days when every single car didn't look like a obese dude wearing his pants too high. I miss low beltlines :(

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Sudo Echo posted:

I just long for the days when every single car didn't look like a obese dude wearing his pants too high. I miss low beltlines :(

Oh god where's those photoshops where they cut the middle of out of the new Camaro and it looks like a completely different car. When you see the car normal car after the photoshop you see how hosed up and slab sided it is.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sudo Echo posted:

Most importantly it makes driving with your arm out the window uncomfortable. I went to a car show last year and because of the high beltlines the cars and trucks had huuuge grills that I never really noticed in picture form.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Coredump posted:

Oh god where's those photoshops where they cut the middle of out of the new Camaro and it looks like a completely different car. When you see the car normal car after the photoshop you see how hosed up and slab sided it is.

I don't have that, but I do have this:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-subaru-wrx-leaked-images/#photo-1573173/

Back of the wrx that got leaked a couple of days ago is here..

gently caress subaru could you have butchered the concept any harder? i have to wonder how much they would have watered down the gt86 if given the chance.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I like it, but it's also important to remember they're not revealing the STI at this show. If past history is any indication some styling changes will definitely be in the STI.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

For fucks sake, if you're going to go through the trouble of giving it unique sheet metal, why would you change so little.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I guess they decided not to do the whole WRX being a unique platform / 2 door or whatever it was they were talking about a few years ago.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Is it just a bad rendering or does the back of the car look like it's 3/4 the size of the front?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Raluek posted:

I don't have that, but I do have this:

I actually like the dodge retro interpretation the best compared to GM and Ford... And I am not a Dodge guy by any means.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

slidebite posted:

I actually like the dodge retro interpretation the best compared to GM and Ford... And I am not a Dodge guy by any means.

I think it looks the worst. :shobon:

The design looks great, but there's that foot of blank plastic under the grille/taillights that just should not be there. If the bottom of the body was like 6" under the tail lights I would agree, but then it goes on for a few feet. It looks like it's all puffed up.

Not that the Camaro is much better. I quite like the new Mustang, but I also think it's more of an homage than a direct lookalike attempt like the other two.

IMO :shobon:

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
The third generation MINI three door hatch (F56 model code in BMW speak) is being officially unveiled on Monday, see nonsensical teaser video here. In the mean time, a couple new variants have been spied testing:

F55, a five door hatchback. This is the 5 door Golf to the F56 three door. http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/new-mini-5-door-hatchback-spied-less-disguised/

F58, nicknamed "Spacebox" for the time being. This is more like the Jetta wagon in this family. Note the Clubman-style barn doors. http://www.worldcarfans.com/113111566174/2015-six-door-mini-travellerspacebox-spied-for-the-first

Spacebox looks like it has a lot of potential. This platform will accommodate AWD and diesel engines are planned, although not for the US initially.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CharlesM posted:

I guess they decided not to do the whole WRX being a unique platform / 2 door or whatever it was they were talking about a few years ago.

Pretty much. I mean there's nothing wrong with the WRX formula of a 15K Impreza with a poo poo hot 25K drive line, but they really did make it sound it would be unique platform this time around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Terrist posted:

Pretty much. I mean there's nothing wrong with the WRX formula of a 15K Impreza with a poo poo hot 25K drive line, but they really did make it sound it would be unique platform this time around.

Wasn't that their claim and part of the reason the Brz wasn't turbo charged?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't that their claim and part of the reason the Brz wasn't turbo charged?

Yep. Unique platform but sharing more DNA with the BRZ. And wouldnt THAT have been a poo poo hot car and just so obviously a thing to do?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

TheGoatTrick posted:

Spacebox looks like it has a lot of potential. This platform will accommodate AWD and diesel engines are planned, although not for the US initially.

I'm not much of a MINI guy, but I am a wagon guy, and I am digging the lines on that thing for some reason. Lots of tumblehome though, which seems like it'll cut down on interior space significantly.

Back on the WRX, is that supposed to be a new car or just a mid-cycle refresh?

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 16, 2013

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

DropShadow posted:

I'm not much of a MINI guy, but I am a wagon guy, and I am digging the lines on that thing for some reason. Lots of tumblehome though, which seems like it'll cut down on interior space significantly.

Yeah, I am neither a Mini nor a wagon guy, but I think that's a handsome looking car. Its profile reminds of that of late 90s A4 wagons.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It looks nice but that is an outright enormous C-pillar.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

DropShadow posted:

New car. No wagon. Some people are speculating Crosstrek (or whatever the raised Impreza is) XT as a lovely CVT only replacement to fill the gap.

I hate Subaru for this but I guess I could always buy the Focus ST or MS3 when it comes time for a new wagon/hatch/sperg out about nomenclature here.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cat Terrist posted:

Oh, Canada.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Pretty sure Cat Terrist meant $15k plus $25k.

Remember he is Australian:

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

TheGoatTrick posted:

The third generation MINI three door hatch (F56 model code in BMW speak) is being officially unveiled on Monday
Oh hey, that's today! It's about 4 inches longer than the current car, 2 inches of which went into the front due to pedestrian impact standards. Weighs about 60 pounds more than the last car, which makes it about the same weight as the 2001 model.

Cooper S with 2.0L turbo 4 and goofy looking bumpers:

Cooper with 1.5L turbo 3. 0-60 in the mid 7s which I think makes it as fast as the first generation Cooper S (and it has about the same amount of torque). It's rated at 62.8 mpg UK, so I'll guess 46 mpg highway EPA rating.

No more center speedo. Instead there's a screen with optional iPhone/Android integration.

Other unnecessary options you can get: full LED headlights, self parking, heads up display, electronic dampers.

I'm indifferent about the styling changes but the three cylinder Cooper seems like a really nice package.

TheGoatTrick fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 19, 2013

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

From those pics it looks like they went with the cheaper mazda3 style heads up display.
Even if not as neat as the ones found in more expensive cars, its still makes me happy to see Hud showing up in more and more vehicles as an option.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
There's only one source for this so I would say it's unconfirmed but plausible.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/honda-reveals-new-civic-type-r-with-vtec-turbo-engine-photo-gallery-71288.html

I think it's unlikely that engine will make it into a North American Civic, but maybe a range topper ILX?

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 19, 2013

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That car is hideous. Looks like a CUV with a lovely body kit on it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

leica posted:

It looks like it's made of equal parts Dodge Caliber and Hyundai Elantra. Or I guess a Subaru.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

It looks totally loving boss, especially with that ridiculous wing. :colbert:

And I doubt we'll see anything from that make it over to the States. We should be satisfied with the Si's latest 4HP bump. :v:

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009

leica posted:

I do not care what it looks like, Honda needs to bring a competitor to the Focus ST/Hot Hatch range, or stop making the Si altogether. My local dealership has 6 of them, discounted to $19-20k and they still can not move them. They are getting it right with the 6-speed Accords, but the Civic Si is just mediocre in a market that has lots of options right now.

It is a good car and all, but it is in the same price range as the ST, Fr-S, v6 Mustangs and other things I can not remember. The only thing the Civic has going for it is an H on the front.

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK
The windows on the new wrx make it look like a civic with a body kit.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Throatwarbler posted:

There's only one source for this so I would say it's unconfirmed but plausible.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/honda-reveals-new-civic-type-r-with-vtec-turbo-engine-photo-gallery-71288.html

I think it's unlikely that engine will make it into a North American Civic, but maybe a range topper ILX?

Turbo VTEC 2.0 confirmed: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/19/honda-new-turbo-vtec-engines-civic-type-r/
As is the Type R: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/19/2015-honda-civic-type-r-revealed-w-video/

If the turbo motor still revs high it could be a ton of fun.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

TrinityOfDeath posted:

I do not care what it looks like, Honda needs to bring a competitor to the Focus ST/Hot Hatch range, or stop making the Si altogether. My local dealership has 6 of them, discounted to $19-20k and they still can not move them. They are getting it right with the 6-speed Accords, but the Civic Si is just mediocre in a market that has lots of options right now.

It is a good car and all, but it is in the same price range as the ST, Fr-S, v6 Mustangs and other things I can not remember. The only thing the Civic has going for it is an H on the front.

The Fiesta ST (which I just signed a lease on after driving it for ~5 minutes, first new car!) blows the doors off of the Civic Si so badly it's not even funny. I still can't believe they ditched the 2.0 8K RPM screamer for the 2.4L TSX mill, what a joke. Honda, you used to be cool!

Now they say this: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/19/honda-ceo-iwamura-says-no-sports-cars-for-us/

I guess fun doesn't profit the way beige does.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
To give Honda credit where it is due, they do make good Beige cars. My wife's 2013 Civic is a perfect appliance car that is pretty easy to work on, which applies pretty well to most generations of Civics. They make uncomplicated engines that are generally pretty reliable. Nothing about it pisses me off. It just lacks soul. I might as well be driving a refrigerator, and I knew that when we bought it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

leica posted:

Oh helll no, it looks like a BTCC racer and that's a good thing!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
For all you small truck fans, the new 2015 Colorado got leaked ahead of its reveal next week.

I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the global Colorado that debuted a few years back:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

TrinityOfDeath posted:

It's not. It is a few thousand dollars cheaper and it comes loaded with nav as the only option. From a price and performance perspective, it competes with the Fiesta ST more than the Focus ST. That's basically the problem though.

E: The 2.4 liter makes more power more efficiently than the 2.0, but a big reason for getting a sporty Honda is that 8000 RPM redline and those sweet sounds.

PeterWeller fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 19, 2013