Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes people eat Pokemon, other Pokemon eat Pokemon.
Yup, one of the most brutal things in the dex is in Heatmor's description where it tells you how Heatmor's eat Durants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Lampent apparently likes to hang out around hospitals, waiting for people to die so it can absorb their souls. That's pretty hosed up no matter what way you look at it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Yup, one of the most brutal things in the dex is in Heatmor's description where it tells you how Heatmor's eat Durants.

"Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides."

:stare:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I fully raised an Ambipom complete with right nature, ability and 3IVs only to realize Fake Out was an egg move all along. :doh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've never been able to reconcile crazy poo poo like that with Pokemon-Amie and the like. They're so cute and adorable and you're about to feast on its bones :chef:

It's not even like real-world animals because they're sapient and have extremely obvious human-like emotions. What the gently caress, Gamefreak.

sleepynobowling
Oct 23, 2005

Hello Sailor!

When I was first hitting the gray punching bag I didn't realize you can only hold like 10 at a time. I was tapping that thing for hours before I figured it out. :downs:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

"Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides."

:stare:

See, this is why Durant gets Truant as its Hidden Ability. Dude just really needs a break.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Heatmor and Durant are my favorite example of poke-Darwinism. In order to protect themselves from anteaters, the ants developed steel shells. In order to eat ants covered in steel shells, the anteaters developed INTERNAL COMBUSTION. :black101:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

It's not even like real-world animals because they're sapient and have extremely obvious human-like emotions. What the gently caress, Gamefreak.

...Either you've never had real world pets, or you're a horrible evil super duper jerk monster?
(This is mock hostility)
There are a lot of animals that show emotions, and a few animals at least match the dictionary definition of sapient.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Of course. What do you think people were doing with Slowpoke tails?

In Gold/Silver, Team Rocket were the bad guys for selling Slowpoke tails. Now you get to eat them horribly overprepared without a second thought.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

horriblePencilist posted:

In Gold/Silver, Team Rocket were the bad guys for selling Slowpoke tails. Now you get to eat them horribly overprepared without a second thought.

Well we are in PokeFrance

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

cancerianmoth posted:

doesn't bug buzz count as a sound move?

It does and works wonderfully. It's just so fun watching someone toss out Espeon, assuming Substitute and Magic Bounce mean my whole setup is screwed, then getting 1 shot anyway.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Gee game, thanks for randomly creating rain on the route where I want to horde EV train, evolving Sliggoo is totally what I wanted to do right now. :rolleyes:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

horriblePencilist posted:

Those were wild slowpoke in a town where slowpoke were sacred for doing some rain stuff.

These slowpoke are raised for this and anesthetized before the amputation.
Further, the tail grows back.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Coaaab posted:

Gee game, thanks for randomly creating rain on the route where I want to horde EV train, evolving Sliggoo is totally what I wanted to do right now. :rolleyes:

you can cancel evolutions with B if you don't want to for some reason.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mold Breaker Choice Band Excadrill is becoming a fast favorite of mine. It outspeeds and OHKO's every variant of Rotom-W and Aegislash, scares away fairies that aren't Azumarill, knocks out Gengar on the switch, and generally tears everything apart with EQ. That and he's so tiny and cute :3:

E:

Has anybody here tried out Harvest Sitrus Trevanent? I ran into one and it took ages to Toxic-stall the thing out. It seems like a much better exeggutor/tropius and I want to know if it works in practice.

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 19, 2013

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

chaos rhames posted:

you can cancel evolutions with B if you don't want to for some reason.
I was whining about how Sweet Scent doesn't work in rain and how the only purpose of rain in this game is to evolve Sliggoo, a pokemon I am not training or evolving right now.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm more surprised that we aren't eating fired Shelmet to be honest.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Coaaab posted:

I was whining about how Sweet Scent doesn't work in rain and how the only purpose of rain in this game is to evolve Sliggoo, a pokemon I am not training or evolving right now.

I actively avoid EV training my physical dudes because I don't want to gently caress around with the clock just to deal with the rain. Getting an Ekans and a Gligar out of those areas was the worst.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

You catch the Fletchling with a net spread up in the forest canopy. Take it alive. Take it home. Poke out its eyes and put it in a small cage. Force-feed it Poffins and berries and Pokeblocks until it has swollen to four times its normal size. Drown it in Moo-Moo Milk. Roast it whole, in an oven at high heat, for six to eight minutes. Bring it to the table. Place a cloth—a napkin will do—over your head to hide your cruelty from the sight of Arceus. Put the whole bird into your mouth, with only the beak protruding from your lips. Bite. Put the beak on your plate and begin chewing, gently. You will taste three things: First, the sweetness of the flesh and fat. This is Palkia. Then, the bitterness of the guts will begin to overwhelm you. This is the suffering of Giratina. Finally, as your teeth break the small, delicate bones and they begin to lacerate your gums, you will taste the salt of your own blood, mingling with the richness of the fat and the bitterness of the organs. This is the Dialga, the mystery of the Trinity—three united as one.

It is cruel.

And beautiful.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crosscontaminant posted:

You CAN use special Lucario, if you're mental. Does anything else that would have a use for a special priority move get it?

There's always gen 4 Blaziken. Vacuum Wave was a tutor move in Platinum. Nothing really learned it then, either.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It is cruel.

And beautiful.
I want to hear the Toriko narrator do a reading of that work of art. Beautiful.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 19, 2013

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
To go in a less disturbing direction than discussing eating creatures that are at least semi-sentient; I have a moveset question.

Which is most useful for a Mega Blastoise: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, or Dragon Pulse? None of them seem particularly critical to cover anything it couldn't already handle with other moves, but I want to take advantage of Mega Launcher.

Also, should I try Helioisk or Raichu for an electric type? Neither are amazing, but I'm having trouble with the lizard's tissue paper defenses in base form. I guess I could go for Mareep's line as well.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Geostomp posted:

To go in a less disturbing direction than discussing eating creatures that are at least semi-sentient; I have a moveset question.

Which is most useful for a Mega Blastoise: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, or Dragon Pulse? None of them seem particularly critical to cover anything it couldn't already handle with other moves, but I want to take advantage of Mega Launcher.

Also, should I try Helioisk or Raichu for an electric type? Neither are amazing, but I'm having trouble with the lizard's tissue paper defenses in base form. I guess I could go for Mareep's line as well.

Dark Pulse is the most important. That lets you murder those cocky-rear end ghosts that think they can block your Rapid Spin. I like the idea of Helioisk, but man did it come a Generation too late.

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!

Geostomp posted:

I run Scald/Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Rapid Spin on him. Used to run Aura Sphere over Dragon Pulse until I realized a lot of people online tend to get cocky and keep their Dragons in against him. :getin:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Coaaab posted:

Horde training may be faster, but I prefer Super Training - it's fun and still reasonably quick, and doesn't get cockblocked by bad weather.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Tried Prankster Toxic team, didn't care for it, so I'm bringing my Gen V paraflinch team into the new generation (wi-fi battles, singles)!

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Bold, Prankster 252 HP/252 DEF
- Thunder Wave
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Cripples physical attackers, spreads paralysis forever. I'd really like Taunt on this guy to stop status/enemy Taunt, but I hate the idea of leaving him without any kind of attacking move. That and the occasional flinch off Dark Pulse makes me happy.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest, Serene Grace 252 HP/252 SP DEF
- Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost

It's Modest because this is actually a Nasty Plot Togekiss that I converted to paraflinching. Even Modest it can eat an Ice Beam (sometimes two!), and its uninvested Sp. Atk is serviceable. Toge does its job, but I feel like it could be even better. It rarely T-Waves because Murkrow's so much better at it, but it also doesn't use Aura Sphere that often either. Should I drop T-Wave and remember Nasty Plot? Or replace Aura Sphere with Moonblast :( Dazzling Gleam? Both? Re-breed for a Calm nature?

As you can imagine, electric-types spoil the fun a whole lot. I hate Rotom so much.

Anyway, I need a third member! It's currently a rotating cast of random breeding projects: a Speed Boost Scolipede, a Skill Link Cinccino (specifically for King's Rock flinch shenanigans, barely flinches in actual battles), Regenerator Tangrowth. What should I do?

TenWren fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 19, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What is the best way to raise friendship if I want to evolve Pokemon quickly? Bike around Prism Tower for like half an hour with a Soothe Bell?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Oh god Whismur has a butthole :stare:

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

What is the best way to raise friendship if I want to evolve Pokemon quickly? Bike around Prism Tower for like half an hour with a Soothe Bell?

Leveling up in the rotation battles will max out happiness in one go. The pokemon just needs to be a low level and be in one of the first 3 slots on your team.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Millions posted:

Everybody poops.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

GeckoMissingo posted:

Leveling up in the rotation battles will max out happiness in one go. The pokemon just needs to be a low level and be in one of the first 3 slots on your team.

You mean in Le Wow, right? Do I need to have the Soothe Bell on the pokemon I want maxed out?

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

If you can put/breed your pokemon in a Luxury Ball, then Luxury Ball + Soothe Bell + Befriending Power 1 or 2 + Gaining Enough EXP to go up multiple levels at once is super fast. That was enough to get a Togepi to Togetic in like two battles.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

ChaosArgate posted:

Feed them with Pomeg berries, or any berry that reduce EVs for that matter.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

befriending power + soothe bell and Cyllage city has the masseuse next door to the poke center. I've taken a brand new baby eevee to happiness leveling with about 30min riding time with befriending power 1, sooth bell, and 2 massages. I may be exaggerating a bit, since I tend to lose track of time when biking around.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

You mean in Le Wow, right? Do I need to have the Soothe Bell on the pokemon I want maxed out?

Slapping a Soothe Bell on freshly caught babies and going through Le Wow rotation has gotten them to max friendship everytime I've done it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Millions posted:

So does Bonsley

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Breeding Helioptiles:

-10 with Sand Veil, some ok natures (including Timid)
-1 with Dry Skin, negative nature
-10 more Sand Veil
- :shepicide:

Breeding remains as annoying as always...is there any way that abilities can be passed by breeding? I know that natures can be passed if Everstone is held, but I'm not clear on abilities being passable or not.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes and no, I never used one and the friendship was maxed out each time I went there. I would say the exp boosting power + lucky egg is more important.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Millions posted:

Made this joke last time somenoe brought this up but

Audio In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Made this joke last time somenoe brought this up but

Audio In.

Joke? They're meant to be speakers so that's exactly what it is. You plug them in by their butts :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread