Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

davecrazy posted:

Then I can't play iron mode unless you can make it yearly or something it's super annoying. I like to play with the speed cranked and pause as needed.

Too bad, Paradox has decreed the new One True Way (tm) to play this game and they will not abide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SeaTard posted:

I didn't know that, kind of neat. I guess I'll try out a Cathar game if the ck2+ MRA maintainers are going to get rid of the entirely optional gender equality mod.
Stop doing this.

They removed gender equality because the AI has serious problems with not properly mat-marrying under absolute cognatic and enatic successions, and fixing that is beyond the reach of modding.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I just sacrificed a pregnant 19 year old at my blot. That's about the most sociopathic thing I've done in CK2 so far. :stare:

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
I think this game reintroduces that Siege Leader "bug", because my Roman emperor is now somehow a Sayyidi.

EDIT: Also annoying if you had the trait before SOA since you need to stick it in before the new SOA traits to make your old saves work properly.

jpmeyer fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 19, 2013

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Aw man, did they really get rid of Gender Equality in CK2+? I really liked it. :smith:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sorry but I enjoyed being an unstoppable juggernaut with a half million troops. I earned it by conquering the entire Mediterranean/Arabia :colbert:

Pretty much this. Ignoring Byzantines, who (I think) have their own kingdom/duchy thing to deal with, this really discourages forming a kingdom/empire unless you can immediately turn around and divide everything into non-threatening duchies/kingdoms. It's kind of a let down.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

I just sacrificed a pregnant 19 year old at my blot. That's about the most sociopathic thing I've done in CK2 so far. :stare:

Unless she was your daughter pregnant with your child, it doesn't count! :smugbert:

fake edit: oh god, what has ck2 done to me? normal people shouldn't think like this :smugissar:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mailer posted:

Pretty much this. Ignoring Byzantines, who (I think) have their own kingdom/duchy thing to deal with, this really discourages forming a kingdom/empire unless you can immediately turn around and divide everything into non-threatening duchies/kingdoms. It's kind of a let down.

Forming a stable empire really shouldn't be an easy thing, like it so often is. I haven't played around enough to really have a full opinion on the change, but the idea is sound.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Rurik posted:

Care to give the url for the dlc? Searching "sons of abraham" brought up nothing.

Sorry, I assume you've already got it by now and I wasn't paying attention to this thread much, but just in case:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DLC-CK2SA/crusader-kings-ii-sons-of-abraham

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I had a play about with the leader creator to turn one of the minor Irish counts in 1066 into a weasly, backstabbing sneak with the intent of scheming my way through Ireland.

He proceeded to march off to battle, get stabbed, and die, in the second battle of his life, leaving his infant son to inherit his county.

That son apparently turned out to be some kind of saint or ancient hero. Surviving at least one attempt on his life in childhood, he set about uniting the Petty Kingdom of Ulster, pausing only to take a little jaunt over to Jerusalem for some Crusading. He was betrothed to his wife at a young age and I don't believe they dropped below 100 affinity at all after the first couple of years of marriage, and they had a few kids despite the missus preferring the ladies. Some of the religious talk must have rubbed off on the kids too - the daughter became a nun, the younger and far less capable son didn't seem much to mind being shoved into a bishopric and removed from succession, and the eldest decided to hop off and join the Knights Templar or similar, removing himself from succession entirely. Thankfully his grandson remained behind to become the heir. He died peacefully in old age, having lived to see his grandkids and still marched off to battle in his sixties, having decided late in life that being king of the whole drat island might be nice.

Said grandson has swiftly become King of Ireland. An even better soldier than his old man apparently but there hasn't been a Crusade or anything recently so he's had to make do with pummeling his fellow Irishmen.

Aside from the Petty Kingdom of Leicester he has control of all of Ireland, as well as the Isle of Mann which is held by his uncle. Unfortunately the petty king doesn't like me much and is best buds with the King of Scotland so I'm at a bit of an impasse.

I finally get the appeal of the game.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Man, is this the new patch or has Scandinavia always been one huge brawl all the time forever? There's hardly a year of peace and no king can hold on to his poo poo for more than 5 or so. It's annoying having all these random armies trample through my demesne. :saddowns:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nitevision posted:

Are you playing in Ironman mode?

I started a 1066 game as Venice. Is it normal for it to cost me 26 gold a month to raise my 58-ship personal fleet levy? A thousand dudes costs a tenth of that

It makes sense that the ships to carry 5,800 troops cost more to maintain than 1,000 troops, both game-wise and realism-wise. Almost half a gold per ship is higher than I'd expect, but 58 ships is a massive fleet in the 11th century. Hell, the Roman Empire when it was whole only kept about 100-150 warships.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Now that Sons of Abraham is out the GoT mod team can finish work on the first release with Essos added.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Khazaria is just redonkulous.

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
What changes are in store?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Khazaria is just redonkulous.

Those Pecheneg event troops sure are a nice welcome present.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

1069 king of england and france. :getin:
for some reason the french really liked me and overthrew the king for me.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there an ini hack to make the Pope piety not ridiculous? It's like 1000% just from his personal piety, the HRE has an antipope and no one gives a poo poo.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ludwig van Halen posted:

1069 king of england and france. :getin:
for some reason the french really liked me and overthrew the king for me.

That seems like something that should happen fairly regularly, but I've never seen it actually happen. William the Bastard takes England, I'd say, about two thirds of the time. He's also got a claim on the throne of France, and early game France very often sees a succession crisis (I was once put on the throne as Robert the Old of Burgundy), which succeeds a decent percent of the time. But I've never seen a "William the Bastard for France" faction succeed in the same game that he takes England. Is there a core mechanic I'm forgetting about, some under-the-hood shenanigans, or what?

StashAugustine posted:

Is there an ini hack to make the Pope piety not ridiculous? It's like 1000% just from his personal piety, the HRE has an antipope and no one gives a poo poo.

I think I heard that right now, whenever there's a Pope event or decision that costs a character piety, that piety is added to the Pope. Which means, hilariously, that if every landed ruler in Christendom got a divorce, the Church's moral authority would go through the loving roof.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah, what I meant is there a RELIGION_HEAD_PIETY_AUTHORITY_MULTIPLIER somewhere in there to divide by 100 or so?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

StashAugustine posted:

Apparently there's a broken decision that the pope can spam for nearly infinite piety. The decision to restore Rome gives the Pope 1000 piety when the does it. Unfortunately they left out the line that turns off the decision if the Pope already has Rome, so he can do it as much as he wants.

You can simply alter a line in the defines for

quote:

AUTHORITY_FROM_RELHEAD_PIETY = 0.02

to

AUTHORITY_FROM_RELHEAD_PIETY = 0.0002

That will hit all religious leaders though.

You can also fix the event as outlined in this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?735526-Skyrocketing-papal-piety&p=16453335&viewfull=1#post16453335

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

DStecks posted:

That seems like something that should happen fairly regularly, but I've never seen it actually happen. William the Bastard takes England, I'd say, about two thirds of the time. He's also got a claim on the throne of France, and early game France very often sees a succession crisis (I was once put on the throne as Robert the Old of Burgundy), which succeeds a decent percent of the time. But I've never seen a "William the Bastard for France" faction succeed in the same game that he takes England. Is there a core mechanic I'm forgetting about, some under-the-hood shenanigans, or what?

Honestly, I don't know what happened. I know that Robert of Burgundy was king of France at the time; not the child Capet that starts at 1066. I had just conquered England, and apparently there was a faction to make me King of France that started a war against Robert of Burgundy. I wasn't even aware of this until the war started. At first I wasn't even involved in the war, but I offered to join just to make sure the usurpers won.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

Stop doing this.

They removed gender equality because the AI has serious problems with not properly mat-marrying under absolute cognatic and enatic successions, and fixing that is beyond the reach of modding.

Sorry for :spergin: about it, I'm just very upset to see an optional module removed that makes women not useless chattel. Especially when the reason given earlier was that it wasn't historical.

I'll be adding at least the basics of it back into my game, although I do agree that the AI has issues with matrilineal marriages, although I never tried enatic.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Honestly, I don't know what happened. I know that Robert of Burgundy was king of France at the time; not the child Capet that starts at 1066. I had just conquered England, and apparently there was a faction to make me King of France that started a war against Robert of Burgundy. I wasn't even aware of this until the war started. At first I wasn't even involved in the war, but I offered to join just to make sure the usurpers won.

I didn't even join the rebellion when I was installed on the throne as Robert of Burgundy. :v:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Is there a way to request a vassal be transferred to you?

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Playing Venice Ironman from 867 (I can build tradeposts from the start, maybe something changed tech wise?)

Things go well until Amalfi convinces the Byzantines to embargo war me. I surrender immediately and swear fealty to the Byzantines. But I'm still embargoed. How do I lift this?

Not sure if it was related, but my family palace is now un-upgradable -- and reloading the game didn't fix it, instead it took away the income from my old upgrade:

Any idea on what's going on? First time playing a Republic.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Cease to Hope posted:

Stop doing this.

Isn't the "problem" just that female AI rulers will happily game over themselves by normally marrying kings? If so, who cares? They do that in vanilla under Ag-Cog anyway.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Sindai posted:

Isn't the "problem" just that female AI rulers will happily game over themselves by normally marrying kings? If so, who cares? They do that in vanilla under Ag-Cog anyway.

No, the problem is that *your own family members* will do that. Especially a problem if you get a long lived queen where you got yourself set up with a nice heir, heir dies (of old age) and whelp you suddenly find yourself inherited by some 45+ year old woman in a marriage to som Karling with several sons.

So you have to check all your remotely close to inheriting relatives all the time and wack them if they ever marry, which is about as fun as playing with decadence on.

Interestingly I think the AI actually gets more relectant to marry like that *when* they are your direct heir, but it doesn't apply to likely or remote heirs.

Obviously the first AI problem Wiz will work on :colbert:
(I wish)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 19, 2013

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pimpmust posted:

Obviously the first AI problem Wiz will work on :colbert:
(I wish)

Because he did an awesome job on the AI in this patch.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Because he did an awesome job on the AI in this patch.

Were there huge AI issues in this patch? I thought the piety fountain Popes were the major bug here.

As for AI marriage behaviour, how is that any different from playing under Cognatic - or, hell, a particularly paranoid player in general? Whatever your inheritance law, you basically have to avoid landing anyone close to the throne before you have them safely wed because the AI will marry someone dumb.

I don't play with Gender Equality on because I made my own less drastic changes to CK2+'s gender restrictions that I prefer, and I haven't been following this controversy as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if the module was rather buggy, honestly, but is that really the issue the Continuation team is highlighting?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what's the deal with everyone hating the Mediterranean Faces DLC? It's the only one I don't own because everyone hates it but I haven't actually seen why.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what's the deal with everyone hating the Mediterranean Faces DLC? It's the only one I don't own because everyone hates it but I haven't actually seen why.

Under Tuscan Sun
Beef Jerky and Playdough
Faces Look Weird

The mediterranean faces just are really poor quality and are really lumpy and/or have weird shading at young and middle ages and immediately shift over to Extra Crispy at old age (which isn't as bad, but still not as good as the Northern European/ Arabic old people faces). There are a couple of mods which make the face packs look pretty good, but if you need a mod to make a graphics DLC not lovely, then something went wrong.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
To be fair, while I didn't like the Med Faces at first I've gotten used to them. They still look jarringly different from the other cultures but eeeeh.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Huh, I just saw Egypt go Jewish completely unprompted. Old Gods start. They're doing surprisingly well too.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Med and Russian packs are the shittiest ones. Hell, half the time their crowns don't even attach to the heads, they just float there like halos. I will admit that the quality got better with Norse and Celtic packs, but god drat was it rocky for a while.

Whatever happened to the guy who did the first couple of face packs? I know he was working on a really impressive portrait overhaul over the summer that would incorporate traits like attractive/ugly, since I plugged it in this thread aeons ago, but I haven't heard any updates.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

Were there huge AI issues in this patch? I thought the piety fountain Popes were the major bug here.

As for AI marriage behaviour, how is that any different from playing under Cognatic - or, hell, a particularly paranoid player in general? Whatever your inheritance law, you basically have to avoid landing anyone close to the throne before you have them safely wed because the AI will marry someone dumb.

I don't play with Gender Equality on because I made my own less drastic changes to CK2+'s gender restrictions that I prefer, and I haven't been following this controversy as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if the module was rather buggy, honestly, but is that really the issue the Continuation team is highlighting?

The AI armies are going dead in the middle of battle.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a way to request a vassal be transferred to you?

Yes, but it needs to be your de jure vassal, your liege needs to like you, and even then it may not happen. It'll pop up on the decisions list under Intrigue if you're eligible.

Your liege will also give you vassals if he wants to get you to like him, without needing to be asked.

Dallan Invictus posted:

There's a difference between marrying someone dumb and causing game-overs or abrupt dynasty shifts.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Holy Roman Emperor decided I'd gotten too big and started retracting all of my vassals :argh: It's interesting to be that rear end in a top hat duke that has too much power and gives the emperor headaches rather than the other way around. Shouldn't that be an opinion hit with the other vassals?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

The Holy Roman Emperor decided I'd gotten too big and started retracting all of my vassals :argh: It's interesting to be that rear end in a top hat duke that has too much power and gives the emperor headaches rather than the other way around. Shouldn't that be an opinion hit with the other vassals?

Yes, but oh well. Suck up to the emperor next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

For people who need a compatch right away, we have one here. Still lots of work to be done, we're releasing a Base_Titles module for people who like the standard stuff when 2.05.1 comes out. And I'll be poking the other people to get the Gender Equality features either into base for players, or back into a submodule once we have time to work on it.

UPDATE: 2.05.0 released (mirror)

Changelog:
(base-only title localization submod will be coming in 2.05.1)
(2.05.0 is not Converter Compatible. 2.05.1, which is coming soon, will be.)

Major Additions:
- Compatable with Crusader Kings II 2.0
- "Better Looking Garbs" added as an optional module ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?717897-MOD-Better-Looking-Garbs )
- Ancient Egyptian (Kemetic) religion added. It is a reformed religion with its' own events and flavour
- The HRE and the Italian Empire as well as Hellenics and Catholics can now restore the Roman Empire
- Integrated the Consorts mod ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?705819-Consort-Mod-For-CK2 )
- Integrated the Dungeons and Sieges mini-mod ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?624768-MOD-mini-Dungeons-and-Sieges-An-Imprisonment-Game! )
- Integrated Deus Vult Europa Divisa ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?595329-Deus-Vult-Europa-Divisa )

Minor Additions:
- Korbah's Minimap integrated
- Many cultural names for titles integrated
- Added a titular German Empire for non-catholics.
- For the 1066 Invasion of England, the winner will determine the CoA of the country.
- No Hassles Vassals decision icons added
- County of Sharawrah added
- Added more Roman cultural names (thanks satyrlord)
- Added many English Barony localizations
- Adventurer Hosts should now honor Holy Truces when choosing targets
- The Rebuild Persepolis event chain now completes in an appropriate amount of time (~10 years)
- All HRE title holders should now have "Crowned by Pope" at their proper historical times in the history files

Tweaks:
- Carolingian Empire added to 867 (named so until a non-Karling takes over, from then on it becomes the HRE). This should lead to much more fragmenting of the fearsome "Carling Blob" early game in central Europe
- k_germany takes precedence (for the AI) over k_bavaria as a primary title
- k_bavaria now titular again
- Added an event for the Pogrom decision, to prevent accidental misclicks
- Reiszed the west African provinces so travel times should be overall shorter and more consistent, rather than having some very short distances combined with very long ones
- Taghaza is now connected to more North African provinces
- Celtic and Druidic merged into one religion
- Claimless Adventurers can no longer target Nations past the Suez unless they neigbhour the nation
- Claimless Adventurers can no longer target Hordes
- Claimless Adventurers can no longer target Nations with less than 2 ports unless they neigbhour the nation
- Slightly increased penalty for being ahead on tech
- Any reformed religion can now be affected by the Court Chaplain going heretic
- Hellenics can now marry their close relatives
- The event that fires after a revolt asking vassals if they want to break free will no longer cause 100% of the vassals to break. Instead a weighted set of options depending on traits will weigh into the decision
- Added cultures to the celtic and hellenic religion decisions that were missing.
- Changed the localization on Reformed Norse Paganism (Forn Sidr)
- The default flag for the Kingdom of England was changed to something more Anglo-Saxon appropriate
- Become King ambition available to every independent Duke. Ambitious AI will favor picking it and should make the AI more likely to form Kingdoms
- Nubian cultural names tweaked, courtesy of Duckett
- Armenia Minor and the county of Antioch given to the Byzantines in order to increase the Orthodox MA by 10% in 867, reducing the chances of Iconoclast and other Orthodox heresies from taking over.
- Two Orthodox Holy sites (Alexandria and Jerusalem) moved to the North (Kiev and Moskva) in order to improve Orthodox CA in 1000+ bookmark dates. Pentarchy sites remain unchanged

Fixes:
- Judaism and the Khazars have their appropriate minor titles accessible now
- reinstate_celtic_rites now put on par with other similar conversion rates for ancient religions
- All reformed religions can now be susceptible to heresies
- Reformed Pagans can now properly Holy War other pagans
- Reformed Pagans can no longer use the Conquest CB
- New Persepolis Mongol sack event triggers properly now
- Island definitions fixed for the Baleares, Socotra and Åland
- Councillors on Mallorca now properly appear on Mallorca
- Zoroastrians can now have a tumble with their close kin liege
- The King of Ghana is no longer a generic Pagan in 1066
- Many history fixes to West Africa
- Hungarian can now convert to Tengri if MA of their primary religion is <25 (instead of Slavic)
- Melting Pot events now count towards completion credit for the civilize_province ambition
- Incapable rulers can no longer pick the civilize_province ambition
- Rulers who become incapable automatically abort the civilize_province ambition
- Nationalist rebellions now get the truce timer applied if they are successful
- Can no longer pick Reformed religions in the Ruler Designer
- Vassals should no longer become independent if they die during a civil war
- Money Lenders should properly ask for loan repayment after a new ruler takes over
- Estates will be divided up again upon their owner's death
- Roman culture should now have access to retinue buildings. In addition several other retinues have been fixed
- Several missing localisation keys added
- Orthodox and Catholics can now press de Jure claims on each other
- Hellenic is now considered a reformed religion
- Byzantium will no longer auto-dismantle if it goes hellenic
- Hellenic Byzantine and Roman Emperors now have access to the special minor titles of their crowns
- Bulanid Dynasty missing fathers added
- Khazaria history fixes
- Hardcore mode Jomsvikings should now function properly
- Hardcore mode Zoroastrian holy orders should now function properly
- Become King should no longer abort if you become king of another title
- Culture conversion messages should no longer display twice for independent rulers
- Civil War Siege Warscore: overthrow_ruler and depose_liege reverted to Vanilla to prevent unending civil wars

Also, please don't call me an MRA. That's just uncalled for.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 19, 2013

• Locked thread