Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Kenny Rogers posted:

Where's my Brammo Supermoto?

They made one back in the day as a prototype. If you want an electric sumo, buy a BRD Redshift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

They made one back in the day as a prototype. If you want an electric sumo, buy a BRD Redshift.
Last blogpost from November 6, 2012, and still proudly announcing that they're taking preorders for 2013 models.

Scary.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'm probably insulated cause I feel like I could go to their warehouse and ghost ride the bike through the front door if there was a problem :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

So I'm doing some research on RS125 / 450 4 stroke swaps.

Why the gently caress are all of these swaps filled with dumb things like this:

And poo poo like this:

Just like...seriously? You can't do the job without hacking giant bits out of the frame?

We'll just grind off these welds, cut holes in the frame, cut holes in the crossbars...

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 15, 2013

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I like the huge cutout for the oil fill. That's clearly the best solution to the problem.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zool posted:

I like the huge cutout for the oil fill. That's clearly the best solution to the problem.

Speed hole PLUS weight savings PLUS ergonomic oil filler access.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Z3n posted:

Because most of the people doing the swaps are either morons trying to do it for as cheap as possible or morons who think they know what they are doing?

Also why change out a 2-stroke that likes to blow up to a 4-stroke that likes to spew oil and blow up? My 450R did not like sustained full throttle and poured oil out of the breather at track days. Now if I could street register my RS125 I'd love a CRF250/450X swap. The R engines are amazing but I was always afraid the drat thing was going to blow up.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah the wide ratio gearbox and slightly milder X engine would be ideal. That project isn't going to materialize until next year though...gotta get some other ducks in a line first.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Yeah the wide ratio gearbox and slightly milder X engine would be ideal. That project isn't going to materialize until next year though...gotta get some other ducks in a line first.

As far as I know the Z3n household, this might relate to actual ducks. Or Ducs.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Ola posted:

As far as I know the Z3n household, this might relate to actual ducks. Or Ducs.

Perhaps both. One can never tell.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Z3n posted:

And poo poo like this:

Just like...seriously? You can't do the job without hacking giant bits out of the frame?

We'll just grind off these welds, cut holes in the frame, cut holes in the crossbars...

Here at Dunning-Kruger Motorsports we cater for any project, regardless of how impractical!

Z3n posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get the KTM Freeride E and throw some cheap sumo wheels on it :getin:

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

ReelBigLizard posted:

Here at Dunning-Kruger Motorsports we cater for any project, regardless of how impractical!

That was an enlightening Google search... thanks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

"We know we got it, whatever it may be".

So, the Duc is going up for sale. Wife wants another supermoto. Who wants to buy a ducati?

2005 Ducati 999
Salvage title
12.5k miles
Belts, air filters, spark plugs, oil, filter, etc, done at ~10k.
Engine tuned by desmoto

Mods:
Gilles Adjusters
ABM/LSL Handlebar kit
Oberon Turn signals
Oberon Bar end mirrors
Ohlins rear shock
Gilles Rearsets
Speedomoto Sprocket cover
Speedymoto EVO water pump cover
Speedomoto crank case cover
Nemesis ECU
Tuned for the gutted stock exhaust
Speedymoto open clutch cover
Speedomoto gas cap
CSC Hyperpro damper
Corbin seat
Speedymoto frame sliders
Battery power up kit

Additional set of vortex clipons that will go with the bike.

There are probably more mods I'm forgetting. Currently sprung for a 140-180 pound rider, although I have the springs for a ~200-240 pound rider as well. I'm 170 pounds + gear and rode it at A group pace on the track with no issues with the current spring setup.

The bad: Paint is peeling. Valves should be checked.

Asking ~5k as it sits. Little bit negotiable if someone will make it easy for me, or they have a Husky 610 to trade. Will list it for more elsewhere, because trade plus cash/etc. :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 19, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Whelp duc has a new home. Maybe he'll chime in.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Paging blackmk4

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SaNChEzZ posted:

Paging blackmk4

Hah. I wish. Was working all night so I didn't see this going on until too late.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Bike swap! I'm going to be the new owner of the 999, and the track 675. In trade, Z3n is taking my 690SMC and RS125. And suddenly I'm a guy who owns three sport bikes, only one of them street legal.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Thanks Zool! I'm glad you'll take care of him. Just be warned: if I don't like the 690 it's getting sold for a husky and a fish tank :colbert:

Also, don't crash it you squid.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Bunway Airlines posted:

if I don't like the 690

I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I've never crashed a Ducati I owned, so no problem there. Spiffness and I are going to be same* bike buddies again.

*almost

Zool fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 19, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

In fairness, you would have never crashed if you had been riding the 999. The greater reciprocating mass of the crank would have helped you keep tracktion and the bike upright.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Thanks Zool! I'm glad you'll take care of him. Just be warned: if I don't like the 690 it's getting sold for a husky and a fish tank :colbert:

Also, don't crash it you squid.

If you don't like the 690 I am buying it, and I have a fish tank too.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Bunway Airlines posted:

if I don't like the 690

If you don't like the 690 you're doing motorcycles wrong :colbert:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

ReelBigLizard posted:

If you don't like the 690 you're doing motorcycles wrong :colbert:

Define "doing" motorcycles :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bunway Airlines posted:

Define "doing" motorcycles :colbert:

It's this but with bikes

http://youtu.be/RClo_MuDJRs

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yeah pretty much that.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Hey you're the one that used that word not me.

I'm going to go see the Austrian tomorrow (Helimot) to see if he can put platforms on my boots. I don't feel awesome about it but lowering SM's fucks them up in my opinion. We'll see how this goes.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Thanks to my Breton genetics I have short hobbit legs and I still manage on the stock SMC. Takes some butt-shuffling at stops but I don't have any major difficulty dealing. Chunky boots help a fair bit, but I can get by even without them.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Tall people club flat footin 690's every day

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Spiffness posted:

Tall people club flat footin 690's every day

You're an oversize human Spiffness, as is your dirt riding lady friend - not normal :)

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

There was a poll on SMJ a while ago, turns out most 690 owners are over 6 foot and 30 years old.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Aargh posted:

There was a poll on SMJ a while ago, turns out most 690 owners are over 6 foot and 30 years old.

I rest my case. Z3n is 5'11 and he was fine on the 690 but it's not like he would flat foot it.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Bunway Airlines posted:

I rest my case. Z3n is 5'11 and he was fine on the 690 but it's not like he would flat foot it.

You could have done way worse. The dwarf-issue aside, Z3n is a pretty solid guy.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sir Cornelius posted:

You could have done way worse. The dwarf-issue aside, Z3n is a pretty solid guy.

:3:

I'm preparing to make a move that Sir Cornelius would not approve of...

Long live the 4 stroke! Down with 2 strokes! Up with big singles, down with little screamers!

Also every charging system in the house is now fixed. Triumph, GSXR, truck.

KTM awaits it's street legal rear tire, and then much hooliganism will commence. Wife is getting thicker platforms on her boots so she can comfortably get a foot down.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Like men, motorcycles are forged of steel and fire:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I just bought a CB550, I'm starting a lifestyle brand. Time to cash in on some hipsters.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

When selling a bike to a hipster, do you have a phrase book of the correct bullshit about "riding soul" and "spiritual feeling of bikes" that you use to close the deal?

Do you need to dress up in a flannel shirt and corduroy pants?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

When selling a bike to a hipster, do you have a phrase book of the correct bullshit about "riding soul" and "spiritual feeling of bikes" that you use to close the deal?

Do you need to dress up in a flannel shirt and corduroy pants?

I'm hiring a scruffy looking marketing guy in plaid to handle that poo poo.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

I'm hiring a scruffy looking marketing guy in plaid to handle that poo poo.

<-- I'm always looking for an excuse to head to the Bay Area~

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Are you looking for developers in your lifestyle brand? I'm thinking a GoPro processing app that applies Instagram filters to the video file. It can also pull single frames based on a motion blur/beard/Ray-Bans algo and tweet them with superimposed, rotating quotes from Pirsig, Hunter S and Kanye West (mixing these quotes is part of the premium package).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
I thought CineForm Studio does all that already?

• Locked thread