Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Will you sell me the Motorola droid razr maxx for $70 shipped (to 50023)?

Nope, I don't think I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ohh! I can! But I'm going need at least a Metroplex for swaps.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Voyager Rhinox is the first transformer with mass shifting technology.

He is the size of a Deluxe in beast mode, but in robot mode he stands as tall as Springer/Sandstorm, Grimlock, Blasters/Soundwave/SoundBlaster. He doesn't even have stringly little legs like ROTF Lockdown or HFTD The Fallen to make them look a size class bigger. He has quite possibly the most amazing leg construction of any transformer ever. Like they look simpler than they are, but they're quite a complex series of leg joints, and best of all they're a smooth transformation and nothing that is impossible to lock into place.

I don't care who they repaint him into, I will buy his repaint, the mold is just that drat good.

Also it looks like Doubledealer fixed a good many issues that Blizwing had. DD's head is an entirely new sculpt and the black part is a solid piece of plastic with light piping behind it. It also doesn't seem to interfere with the nosecone. I'm just disappointed that his plane mode isn't a bird, I mean they could have easily done a sandstorm grade remold for that.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 16, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Ohh! I can! But I'm going need at least a Metroplex for swaps.

For real I have two of those SDCC TF/GI-Joe crossovers I'll sell or trade

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

strangehamster posted:

For real I have two of those SDCC TF/GI-Joe crossovers I'll sell or trade

Nah, just joshing cos, you know, wrong thread.

If someone wants to send me a CHUG Metroplex as part of the :siren:Transformers Thread Secret Santa :siren: I will not say no. :toot:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

UK Warbotron prices went up. £65 per Limb, £90 for the Not Onslaught. About usual for 3rd Party I suppose, bit rich for my blood.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, that's what I meant by my earlier comment really. They're standard 3p prices but it's a bit too much for me to spend all that in plastic toys. Despite having the money it would just feel wrong. The exception I've made so far was Green Giant, and I bought him early before the prices went up (I do not regret it even a bit)

I say this as I'm about to order Paladin Chaos :negative:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Thanks for the recommendations to read Last Stand of the Wreckers, that was a great series and I am going to definitely have to re-read it a few times. Now it is time to start in on MTMTE.

Edit: Just sent off the e-mail for the secret Santa fun times, I am looking forward to that immensely. Now I need to spread my budget over Lego and Transformers now, such a hard problem to have.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 17, 2013

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rythe posted:

Thanks for the recommendations to read Last Stand of the Wreckers, that was a great series and I am going to definitely have to re-read it a few times. Now it is time to start in on MTMTE.

Edit: Just sent off the e-mail for the secret Santa fun times, I am looking forward to that immensely. Now I need to spread my budget over Lego and Transformers now, such a hard problem to have.

Lego and Transformers. Ha. Good luck saving money once you find out about Transformers Kreo's.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Veg posted:

Lego and Transformers. Ha. Good luck saving money once you find out about Transformers Kreo's.

I don't like the Kreo sets all that much, I got one for a birthday present and was just disappointing compared to Lego. The blocks didn't connect that well, the colors where very boring but on the plus side the mini figures are pretty drat neat looking.

I just have to balance two expensive toy collections is all now, that should be fun, especially since MP Soundwave was my reintroduction into Transformers.....

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rythe posted:

I don't like the Kreo sets all that much, I got one for a birthday present and was just disappointing compared to Lego. The blocks didn't connect that well, the colors where very boring but on the plus side the mini figures are pretty drat neat looking.

I just have to balance two expensive toy collections is all now, that should be fun, especially since MP Soundwave was my reintroduction into Transformers.....

This is the correct answer. Kreo is balls.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The little Kreo mini figures are adorable :colbert:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I like Kreo fine and I'm a huge Lego fan. For whatever reason, though, Wal-Mart and Target around me have stopped selling them, so the only place I can find them is at Toys R Us, where I almost never go. But, I've noticed that the Kreo sets often are discounted at buy one, get one half off or buy one get one free.

I haven't bought any of the Beast Wars sets, though I did really like Sentinel Prime, Starscream, and Devastator.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Check TJ Maxx for Kreo sets; I've found some of the larger kits for around $20-25

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So that masterpiece not-Slag is really big, so it comes with some booties for Grimlock to make them the same size.

I get them wanting to make the Dinobots taller than Prime, but unless they're planning to do their own Grimlock this seems less-than-ideal.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

So that masterpiece not-Slag is really big, so it comes with some booties for Grimlock to make them the same size.

I get them wanting to make the Dinobots taller than Prime, but unless they're planning to do their own Grimlock this seems less-than-ideal.

There's already a Masterpiece Grimlock, so a third party one at $200+ would probably not sell as well as the rest of these will. The boot upgrades are probably their best choice to make this not bankrupt them. And considering Grimlock is getting another release next year, they'd be screwing themselves by making one.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't get why they won't just make Slag a tad smaller. Being the angry, stocky dude of the bunch fits his personality anyway. It doesn't matter if the Dinos don't tower over Prime and Quakewave, they're still huge bastards compared to the rest of the Autobots.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, those boots don't look too good to me. Slag himself looks pretty cool however.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think Slag looks incredible.

I'm interested to see his dino mode though, it's a little worrisome that they haven't shown it with the big reveal. But again, they made Quakewave so they have my good will for another preorder. I also loved that they kept sending me kits every time they made a new hand or arm at no charge since I bought Quakewave on the first run. That was pretty awesome.

Not quite sold on the Planet X swoop, dino mode looks good enough but robot does nothing for me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Triplechanger Voyagers were on sale this weekend at TRU for like $15, so I picked up a second Blitzving because I wasn't happy with the one I sanded the by-jesus out of. This time I tried the Small Plastic Squares fix, and holy crap that's so much better and less intrusive.

Aside, it's kind of disheartening just how many Springers there are on the shelves.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
A person who was one of the concept artists for tron uprising will also be the concept artist for the next transformers show according to his resume

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh, I liked Tron: Uprising, even if not many did. It looked really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TU was better than the film it spun out of, that's for drat sure. It's a shame it didn't get another season or an actual wrap up.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I guess Transformers: Prime got renewed when no one was looking. The first episode of the new season aired on the 14th and my DVR picked it up. It's not bad but they immediately brought Megatron back to life. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

I guess Transformers: Prime got renewed when no one was looking. The first episode of the new season aired on the 14th and my DVR picked it up. It's not bad but they immediately brought Megatron back to life. :shrug:

Are you sure its not the DTV film cut up into a few episodes?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

Are you sure its not the DTV film cut up into a few episodes?

I dunno about any film, the commercial breaks didn't seem forced in at all.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure that it's the movie, if Megatron's resurrection pretty much mirrors his resurrection in the old Transformers movie. And also because Megatron stays alive by the end of the movie.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MP Fans Choice results are out. Didn't see it mentioned, though I feel like we've known for a while who was coming out on top. Was it just assumption?

1. Star Saber
  2. Armada Optimus Prime
  3. Powermaster Optimus Prime
  4. Dai Atlas
  5. RiD Optimus Prime
  6. Optimus Primal
  7. Cybertron Optimus Prime
  8. Big Convoy
  9. Lio Prime (Lio Convoy never got a real release here, but they've homaged it under this name)
  10. Fortress Maximus

Names localized where possible.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 19, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jesus, who wouldn't want an MP FortMax? <:mad:>

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

People who like money.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus, who wouldn't want an MP FortMax? <:mad:>

I have never been a fan of Fort Max. Massive TF with no real redeemable features other than being huge. The IDW Fort Max I think is a far better character model. Too bad he was written off MTMTE off panel

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

MP Fans Choice results are out. Didn't see it mentioned, though I feel like we've known for a while who was coming out on top. Was it just assumption?

1. Star Saber
  2. Armada Optimus Prime
  3. Powermaster Optimus Prime
  4. Dai Atlas
  5. RiD Optimus Prime
  6. Optimus Primal
  7. Cybertron Optimus Prime
  8. Big Convoy
  9. Lio Prime (Lio Convoy never got a real release here, but they've homaged it under this name)
  10. Fortress Maximus

Names localized where possible.

Star Saber has always been a grail for me. MP Star Saber is a must buy.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Armada Optimus Prime got second place?

That's awesome and I really hope they do this type of poll every year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You Am I posted:

I have never been a fan of Fort Max. Massive TF with no real redeemable features other than being huge. The IDW Fort Max I think is a far better character model. Too bad he was written off MTMTE off panel

What, when did the spoilered part happen?

Star Saber does less than nothing for me, but I'm happy for those who really want one.

I've been looking at TFC's Predaking and Nemean looks pretty neat, but what is it with TFC and hypersaturated colors? They really bring down the base mold a bit, though it's still very good overall.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 19, 2013

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Personally I'm bothered by armada prime ranking higher than powermaster prime.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Walking self-transforming trailer.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Blackheart posted:

What, when did the spoilered part happen?

At the end of #21.

It's in the short story. Fort Max decides to stay and guard Luna 1 with Red Alert when the Lost Light leaves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

I dunno about any film, the commercial breaks didn't seem forced in at all.

Well does the plot involve Unicron controlling Megatron and sending him to Cybertron?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

When did Red Alert stop being dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rita Repulsa posted:

Personally I'm bothered by armada prime ranking higher than powermaster prime.
I'm bothered by him ranking higher than anyone but Cybertron Prime.