Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's nice to see Atlus USA is still apparently getting work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

I miss Philemon. It's too bad IS/EP had to happen and he went WHOA gently caress THIS with regards to hanging out and meddling with humans. Maybe him and Nyarl can come back (legit this time) for P5.

I always wondered whether or not Nyarlathotep could conceivably come back on his own, than immediately freak out that his opponent hasn't shown up to continue the game proper. Like a Satan without God allegory, where he would likely have to play the part of both benevolent persona granting deity and main antagonist to "break the rules" enough for the real Philemon to hopefully show up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/402818089584033792

horribly mangled google translate posted:

Kumar Good evening. Everyone, bear that page, saw? I bear that Nikki came out child Purichi to ... Kyoretsu what! Over, it is also full! People who have not seen the bear Tsu required Check it out now! http://p-ch.jp/

horribly mangled Bing translate posted:

Hello Kumar. Guys for that page and saw a bear? Would you believe... Koretz to puffy purichi figure--a bear child's hand out.! It also-the lot! Now people don't look 要ち Hey Kira! bear! http://p-ch.jp

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Strange Quark posted:

It's nice to see Atlus USA is still apparently getting work.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange concepts, every weeaboo will buy

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

El Belmondo posted:

Well, looks like that sonograph was nothing related and just a game about babies :wiggle:

"No Monogamy For You, Player: The protagonist has opportunities to strengthen his bonds with seven key heroines throughout the game. Not only does this help you create stronger Star Children, but the girls become more formidable as well, making them reliable partners in battle... and other places."

:gonk:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The plot is so anime it hurts but drat if I'm not interested. I love games with lineage stuff. I'll probably wait to see if it's not a piece of poo poo first though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Not gonna lie, that game sounds hilarious. Hopefully the gameplay is better that Record of Agarest War.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting this too. The excitement is unbearable:smugteddie:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/cf1743_b11cf2af1c19465089be44fa1e2f3782.pdf

Supposedly this is a resume for Nanako's VA (Not sure if Japanese or English at this point)

GOLDEN 2 PERSONA 4 Lead
PERSONA 3 Lead
PERSONA 3 (PSP) Lead
PERSONA 3.5 Lead
PERSONA 4 Lead
PERSONA 4 ARENA Lead
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN Lead
PERSONA 4, VOL. 2 Lead

E: May be english, appears to have played some french characters

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrManiac posted:

The plot is so anime it hurts but drat if I'm not interested. I love games with lineage stuff. I'll probably wait to see if it's not a piece of poo poo first though.

From what I've heard the first one was a fairly decent dungeon crawler and the second one improves on it. And I guess the whole thing is more suggestive than straight-up creepy? It sounds like it could be either a terrible train wreck or a decent little rpg. I think I'll wait on some trip reports before deciding.

Dehry posted:

Crossposting this too. The excitement is unbearable:smugteddie:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/cf1743_b11cf2af1c19465089be44fa1e2f3782.pdf

Supposedly this is a resume for Nanako's VA (Not sure if Japanese or English at this point)

GOLDEN 2 PERSONA 4 Lead
PERSONA 3 Lead
PERSONA 3 (PSP) Lead
PERSONA 3.5 Lead
PERSONA 4 Lead
PERSONA 4 ARENA Lead
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN Lead
PERSONA 4, VOL. 2 Lead

E: May be english, appears to have played some french characters

Persona 3.5? Maybe she means FES?

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 19, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, I really don't want Persona 4-2. Persona 4 was all wrapped up. Wrapped up as wrapped up could be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I really don't want Persona 4-2. Persona 4 was all wrapped up. Wrapped up as wrapped up could be.

There's also Arena that for all intents and purposes is the sequel to P4.

Man, ATLUS is really going to pull a Square Enix and deliver a 'Compilation of P3/P4' isn't it?

I just want a P5 :smith:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ugh I hope they're being misleading, because as much as I love Persona 4 (and I love it a lot) I just don't care anymore, I want an actual new game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Why would they already be casting English VAs for a game that doesn't exist yet?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Cake Attack posted:

Ugh I hope they're being misleading, because as much as I love Persona 4 (and I love it a lot) I just don't care anymore, I want an actual new game.

Arena ended on such a cliffhanger that any new game would inevitably be a sequel to 4 anyway, surely? Maybe with new playable characters, but there's no way the old ones wouldn't come back.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Arena ended on such a cliffhanger that any new game would inevitably be a sequel to 4 anyway, surely? Maybe with new playable characters, but there's no way the old ones wouldn't come back.

I was kinda hoping they would just follow up on that in an Arena sequel.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

CottonWolf posted:

Doesn't Ultra Suplex Hold have a story mode that presumably continues where Arena left off? I thought I remembered reading some details about that somewhere.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah, as much as I love Persona 4, I really hope this is not 4.5. Hopefully it's one of those things where it's a new cast and Teddie is just a returning character.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Doesn't Ultra Suplex Hold have a story mode that presumably continues where Arena left off? I thought I remembered reading some details about that somewhere.

I think I recall reading that it takes place a week after Arena. I guess the time between the regular ending and Golden's True Ending was very busy!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Wow I didn't know Karen Strassmen was french. Neat.

Also please stop milking this poo poo Atlus. Persona 4 was really really good and you're running the risk of ruining it :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PunkBoy posted:

I think I recall reading that it takes place a week after Arena. I guess the time between the regular ending and Golden's True Ending was very busy!

In the bonus ending in P4G when Yosuke mentions that "stuff in May" he was really underselling it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Ultra Suplex Hold is a whole new game? I'd completely missed that, I thought it was just the Arcade update of Arena.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
That listing with "Persona 4 Vol 2" is several months old, and things are kind of listed oddly there anyway. It probably doesn't have anything to do with this announcement.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4 if Yu got to stay during his senior year.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I would really, really hope that maybe we could advance past high school into college with P5/P4 successor(?).

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

I would really, really hope that maybe we could advance past high school into college with P5/P4 successor(?).

Is Japanese University life very different from American University life? I would be curious to know how it works. I suspect it'd be tough to incorporate all the binge drinking and drug abuse that I remember from college into an anime RPG.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Is Japanese University life very different from American University life? I would be curious to know how it works. I suspect it'd be tough to incorporate all the binge drinking and drug abuse that I remember from college into an anime RPG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Time_%28novel_series%29

Judging by that, replace "School" with "Club" from a regular high school anime and you've got university.

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. Not with the audience they're going for that can only identify and obsess with high school settings.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Proto Cloud posted:

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. Not with the audience they're going for that can only identify and obsess with high school settings.

Yeah, there was an interview with Katsura Hashino (The guy who directed P3 and P4) and he said, when asked about another Persona focusing on adults, that while there may be an adult character or two in the primary cast of future Personas, he doesn't see them shifting focus away from High School. Granted, that was a few years back (before Catherine was even announced) but I doubt he has changed his mind on that front.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
iirc, practically every MegaTen protagonist has been around high school age, even if they don't attend high school because of the setting or recent apocalypse or whatever (though I suppose Devil Children and Strange Journey would be the big exceptions here). Persona games haven't deviated away from the standard modern-day setting, so...

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 19, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Maya was 23, and I want to say Kyouji was in his 20s or so? And of course Vincent if you count Catherine as an SMT game.

But they are definitely in the minority.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Plus, how many social interaction-based mangas/animes do you know that are focused on college? Generally they all just stick to high school due to the ages of their audience, the accessible and strictured tropes of high school life, and the incredibly easy methods of making drama because teenagers

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

alcharagia posted:

Maya was 23, and I want to say Kyouji was in his 20s or so? And of course Vincent if you count Catherine as an SMT game.

Kyouji was of a bit of an indeterminate age, the game either lets you write him as a university student, fulltime worker, unemployed, etc, but his girlfriend is around the age of 19 or 20.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was going to come in here and say "What about soul hackers ?:smugteddie:" but it seems like the oldest guy is 25. I would have guessed the entire cast was at least 5-10 years older.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Strange Quark posted:

iirc, practically every MegaTen protagonist has been around high school age, even if they don't attend high school because of the setting or recent apocalypse or whatever (though I suppose Devil Children and Strange Journey would be the big exceptions here). Persona games haven't deviated away from the standard modern-day setting, so...

I think there have been some young adults in the protagonist mix, but yeah, it's mostly high schoolers.

How is college in Japan like, anyways?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Booky posted:

I think there have been some young adults in the protagonist mix, but yeah, it's mostly high schoolers.

How is college in Japan like, anyways?

From what I understand, it's pretty different from America. Most of your difficult studying is done in high school to get into a good university, at which point you take it easy for four years, get a job based on your university's name, and then get trained on the job.

e: This is, of course, second hand knowledge, so take it with a grain of salt.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

alcharagia posted:

Weren't the protagonists of DDS also adults? I was going to point out Raidou Kuzunoha too, but apparently he's also a high school student.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Snix posted:

I was going to point out Raidou Kuzunoha too, but apparently he's also a high school student.

Haha, really?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Haha, really?

There's a conversation in Raidou 2 before you fight with an optional boss where he runs into some classmates. One of them brings up how they never see him around in class anymore.

e: vvv Looks like you're not good enough to protect the Capital.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 20, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

Haha, really?

The fact that he never goes to class is brought up in a sidequest involving Alice in DS2, and I am very ashamed that so many of you are apparently unaware of this. :colbert:

e: ^^^ Oh, goddammit! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven't played any Raidou games. Just know he looks :krad: