Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ham posted:

Another bug, William the Conqueror just won a crusade for Jerusalem, with the pope calling for festivities, yet nothing actually happened. Jerusalem is still held by the Fatimids and William is just the King of England.

This just happened to me- Crusade was at -70 warscore and then I see the Crusade Won message with no actual change in the Holy Land.

e: it may be that it defaults to winning if it ends inconclusively.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Better Looking Garbs seems to be broken. It is for me anyway, I'm just getting black squares.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ThePutty posted:

Better Looking Garbs seems to be broken. It is for me anyway, I'm just getting black squares.

You need all portrait DLCs, that might be it. Though I still get a graphical glitch where bishops have their clothes shifted to the left.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Guys I don't know what everyone is yelling about. The 2.0 patch has shown me that CK2 is all about equality!

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Randarkman posted:

You need all portrait DLCs, that might be it. Though I still get a graphical glitch where bishops have their clothes shifted to the left.

Ah okay, I haven't got all of the portrait DLCs as most of them look really bad.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a way to request a vassal be transferred to you?

No, but you can declare war for your de jure claim on another vassal, assuming they are one of your de jure vassals. (After all, if they weren't then why would you expecting them to be transferred to you :v:) Provided CA is lower than medium, of course.

Allyn fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 19, 2013

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

It's awesome you guys are done so fast! Looking into the province setup for Lotharingia and Burgundy, it seems broken in quite a few spots. Non-contiguous counties, some counts have vassal mayors in different counties, part of a French county is inside the HRE. Is it on Europa Divisa to fix that stuff?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Really looking forward to playing this again. Christianity being finally fleshed out properly is great and when CK2+ has been through one or two updates I'll pick it up. It was good to see Sons of Abraham as #4 on the top sellers on Steam less than an hour after release :allears:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Well after buying sons of abraham my bishop had decided he was no longer an catholic, so I had him imprisoned. This game is loving great.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

As the duke of Saxony, I managed to get my heir married off to the duchess of Thuringia. She had one son and then promptly died six days later, leaving the duchy to my grandson.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

I can't get this to load w/ mac. Any chance you could help?

This is my mod folder setup:
That's the exact same way I've setup every other version of CK2+ before, and it has worked in the past.

And this is where it stalls before crashing:
It skips to "Loading History Files..." for half a second before crashing, it stalls on the Coat of Arms load for a minute or so before the skip.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Chiming in to say that CK2+ crashes upon loading a scenario for me.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Is there a way to get the old internal borders back in CK2+? I like the map, but the small, tiny borders makes it really hard to tell how much territory your vassals hold at a glance.

Edit: Nevermind, you just gotta delete the new border files in the terrain folder and the vanilla ones come back.

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 19, 2013

Captain Rehab
Jul 8, 2005

I like the new patch & DLC but one bug just hosed me (I'm assuming it's a bug). I've been storming across the north of France and Holland as Brittany when the Count of Rouen declares independence (with only one other county joining his cause) and spawns an army of 46,000 men, in 998 AD.

Popular guy.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
My game crashed around the same time the patch went up on Steam. When I reloaded it, every bishop in my kingdom had somehow gained the Mirza trait. inshallah :iiam:

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Cease to Hope posted:

Stop doing this.

They removed gender equality because the AI has serious problems with not properly mat-marrying under absolute cognatic and enatic successions, and fixing that is beyond the reach of modding.

Goons: Don't play the game how you want to play it unless it involves keeping incest.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
Started a new iron man game yesterday after the patch & dlc, now when I load the save it crashes :(. I can load other games fine. Is my save file hosed or is there anything I can do to recover it? I was looking forward to ironman mode but can't really justify playing it if it's just going to break when I quit the game.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Somehow managing vassals made a shitload of levies vanish. Things weren't that bad (a loss of ~15k) but suddenly I granted four previously-demesne counties to some Happy 100 people and my levies tanked from ~37k to 14k. Not my demesne, which also tanked slightly, but my actual vassal levies. They loved me more than before. I don't know what the gently caress. One duke sitting at 98 happiness suddenly had no levies at all for a few months.

Here's before/after shots from some archived saves. First up, me as a king with a rather large vassal that formed the cornerstone of my Ireland defense force:

Ok, that's pretty bad for king->duke relations. Let's load a much earlier game and see how duke->count adds up for a blobby petty king:

I expected emperor->king to have an even worse nerf, and they kind of do, but poo poo is weird:

There's a minor opinion difference in France, but what the hell is going on with the levies. Either there's a hidden modifier for family/notfamily or it's based heavily on geography. I'm going back to the older patch. When/if they re-patch things or I feel like playing the world-conquering Petty King I'll patch back up.

Anyone have a save right at a mongol invasion who can see how they fall over?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There is a penalty for geography, vassals outside your de jure duchy/kingdom/empire will give you the least amount of levies of all your vassals.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Is there a decent Republic LP anywhere? The main LP thread cuts off after three Republic entries. Specifically, I've read about getting plots to revoke trade posts from rival families... but I don't see any such plots available.

I've found myself oddly enchanted by the 867 Venice start, though my first game ended abruptly when stabbing failed and counterstabbing didn't.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Huh, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by the new DLC. I like the ability to go on pilgrimage, make monks and the college of cardinals, but the latter seemed a little superficial and I'm beyond that I'm not sure much has changed? Granted, I only got the chance to play for an hour or so and I just did a standard William the Bastard start to work out what was what. Am I overlooking a lot? Does a lot of stuff not take effect until later on - after Holy Orders etc become established - or in different places -i.e. Muslims/Jews? Have crusade mechanics changed at all or is it still a case of 'winner takes every single title?'?

One thing I am so thankful for is having the opportunity to take loans at will. No more praying I'll get the right popup when I'm at 99% warscore and 10 gold with 95% of my forces being mercenaries

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

alcaras posted:

Is there a decent Republic LP anywhere? The main LP thread cuts off after three Republic entries. Specifically, I've read about getting plots to revoke trade posts from rival families... but I don't see any such plots available.

I've found myself oddly enchanted by the 867 Venice start, though my first game ended abruptly when stabbing failed and counterstabbing didn't.

I am sure fellow goon ZearothK, who is making a Republic LP here, is crying somewhere. It is an ongoing Hanseatic League LP, and I believe it is planned to port it over to EU4.

And if I recall correctly, you must have fewer trade post than the rival family and must not be the Doge.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

alcaras posted:

I'm planning to start a game as Venice after my Vikings finish conquering the whole world, so I'd like to hear some starting strategies too. What's better/faster: send my chancellor to pick up unsuspecting 1 and 2 single countries (Capua, Napoli, etc..) to create a power base or go full gold and upgrade the Mansion and spam trade posts before that?

I'm guessing the latter, but it's annoying to wait 15 years before anything interesting happens.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
I think I'll start an iron man Venice game at home tonight. You gain a "seize coastline" CB for any province you have a trade post built on if I'm right. Not sure if that'd be cheaper than fabricating claims.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
The previous author of the republic tutorial LP had to bow out. We had a couple volunteers to do a more fleshed out one though.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Just a heads up to you guys, CK2+ needs another release or two (or maybe it's the base-game, I dunno). As of now here are the bugs that I have found:

Dynasty COA's are messed up to hell and back
Sunset Invasion triggers immediately in 1066
Lords are able to muster up tens of thousands of troops, I just saw a Polish duke team up with a Castillian Count to fight off the Aztecs that had landed in Rome. It was 50k men v 50k men.

So, yeah. I'd say give it a week.

edit: And it crashed! Definitely wait on it, guys. Seems like modders have their work cut out for them (again).

edit2vvv: Oh, cool, thanks!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 19, 2013

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising

nutranurse posted:

Just a heads up to you guys, CK2+ needs another release or two (or maybe it's the base-game, I dunno). As of now here are the bugs that I have found:

Lords are able to muster up tens of thousands of troops, I just saw a Polish duke team up with a Castillian Count to fight off the Aztecs that had landed in Rome. It was 50k men v 50k men.

edit: And it crashed! Definitely wait on it, guys. Seems like modders have their work cut out for them (again).

For this, you actually need to delete the flagcache on your own, go to My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\gfx and delete all files in there, run the game (in vanilla once, just to make sure) and it'll fix up. This is something that happens every CK2 patch or so.

This does seem to be a bit of a weird release due to the amount of unecessary provinces in very specific areas. Sardinia does not need 5 provinces, there does not need to be 3 provinces for Dalmatian islands, one of them only 1 pixel wide so it's difficult to click on it on anything less than the highest zoom.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Five hours into it, I wouldn't really recommend the new DLC. It only adds a few meaningful mechanics or changes, and what it does change has been done far better by quite a few mods. The most substantial changes have to do with the combat, levy and economy changes; and these all come with the patch.

It doesn't really add flavor either, the christian pilgrims seem to be just unexciting medieval tourism so far.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Torrannor posted:

I am sure fellow goon ZearothK, who is making a Republic LP here, is crying somewhere. It is an ongoing Hanseatic League LP, and I believe it is planned to port it over to EU4.

Thanks, it looks like an interesting read so far, but it looks like it is more story focused. Some solid posts though, e.g. this one on succession http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3582025&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post421881624

Is there a write-up anywhere on the :math: behind trade posts and how they make money? I played around a bit last night and saw the more trade posts I planted, the higher "family payments" rose. Is it worth going tall (i.e. upgrading trade posts first) or wide? Basically, what's the math? (And how does Trade Value come into play and what, exactly, are Trade Zones?) The wiki is pretty sparse -- can I share Trade Zones with other families in my Republic, or does it have to be exclusive to my family? I also think I saw a Trade Zone no longer serve as a connection to other zones when just one trade post went to Amalfi.

Really looking for a mechanics-focused tutorial on how Republics work, especially after all the patches they've gotten compared to at release (which is what most of the google-able information I can find seems to be talking about -- e.g. you used to be able to plot even if you had more trade posts, no longer).

alcaras fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 19, 2013

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Randarkman posted:

I'll pass this along to the BLG people.

nutranurse posted:

edit2vvv: Oh, cool, thanks!

Sunset Invasion triggers immediately? Didn't happen for me. Which modules were you running?

ThePutty posted:

Is there a way to get the old internal borders back in CK2+? I like the map, but the small, tiny borders makes it really hard to tell how much territory your vassals hold at a glance.

Edit: Nevermind, you just gotta delete the new border files in the terrain folder and the vanilla ones come back.

Yeah, that seems to be the best solution. Alternatively, press f to see direct vassal mapmode. I think it came with integrating NBRT. The other guys have been rather keen on getting a bunch of stuff thrown in, it's sort of a grab bag at this point.

Randarkman posted:

Chiming in to say that CK2+ crashes upon loading a scenario for me.

Alt Scenarios or just base?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I can't get this to load w/ mac. Any chance you could help?

This is my mod folder setup:
That's the exact same way I've setup every other version of CK2+ before, and it has worked in the past.

And this is where it stalls before crashing:
It skips to "Loading History Files..." for half a second before crashing, it stalls on the Coat of Arms load for a minute or so before the skip.

Strange. I know that there is an issue in vanilla with the Mac/Linux versions on this release, not sure if it's related. were you just trying to run base?

Ham posted:

It's awesome you guys are done so fast! Looking into the province setup for Lotharingia and Burgundy, it seems broken in quite a few spots. Non-contiguous counties, some counts have vassal mayors in different counties, part of a French county is inside the HRE. Is it on Europa Divisa to fix that stuff?

Could you give precise names of provinces?

Also, for future bug reports we've got a thread for it here: CK2+ Bug Reports

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

alcaras, I would personally consider it better to take the +taxes upgrade to your trade posts, as the Trade Value ones are subject to some arcane magic. Your trade posts can also be used to seize cities in coastal provinces, so expand them based on your strategic interests. You may share trade areas with other families (and even other republics), but I believe Trade Value is higher if your House has a monopoly of the region. Also, always invest in your palace, it will produce more money and troops than any province or trade post and will never be lost.

And yeah, the LP is more focused on narrative than mechanics, and I often neglect opportunities or take outright bad choices because it makes more sense, so it shouldn't teach much.

Torrannor posted:

:qq:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I say it here the addition of the Europa Divisia map was the worst decision the CK2+ continuation team has ever made.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ZearothK posted:

And yeah, the LP is more focused on narrative than mechanics, and I often neglect opportunities or take outright bad choices because it makes more sense, so it shouldn't teach much.

:qq:

Did you ever announce it in here? I just found out about this, and I'm looking forward to spending a couple of hours of work time reading it.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
I am actually disappointed that the cardinals don't wear red. The rest of the DLC is great though.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Rumda posted:

I say it here the addition of the Europa Divisia map was the worst decision the CK2+ continuation team has ever made.
Yeah, I don't really give a poo poo about the Gender Equality submod (and removing it was perfectly valid from them anyway due to the issues it had) and localized titles is relatively simple to mod out but I've never been a fan of 'more tiny provinces in areas that really doesn't need them'-mods. Maybe I'll get used it.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Rumda posted:

I find it a lot more interesting/playable than the vanilla map, although some of the provinces are too small.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can't get past the massive nerf vassal levies took. Who on earth thought it was a good idea?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Everyone who dislikes blobs or alternatively wants an actual challenge even after they've conquered half the map?

Hell, the big selling point for CK2+ for the longest time was a nerf to vassal levies for large realms. 2.0 just chose a different way to do it.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I've got the "You're allowed to arrest someone!" notification for about a half dozen people thanks to their wild scheming, but when I open the diplomacy screen I can't arrest any of them who are my vassals because they're "Immune to your hostile actions". What's going on? I'm not at war with anyone but they might be warring with each other, if that's relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Clanpot Shake posted:

I've got the "You're allowed to arrest someone!" notification for about a half dozen people thanks to their wild scheming, but when I open the diplomacy screen I can't arrest any of them who are my vassals because they're "Immune to your hostile actions". What's going on? I'm not at war with anyone but they might be warring with each other, if that's relevant.

I think people are immune to hostile actions while they're delivering a faction ultimatum so that you can't just immediately arrest everyone involved ten minutes before the war starts.

• Locked thread