Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

CarForumPoster posted:

This coullector is the bees knees. Link to where you sell them?

http://www.rawbrokerage.com/raw-brokerage-billet-twin-scroll-top-mount-turbo-manifold-rb20-rb25-rb26/

As far as I know the billet collectors are not sold separately at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Any idea how much they'd cost if they were sold separately?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I know our cost, I'll check when the boss gets in.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am told the MSRP is $675 for a twin-scroll twin wastegate T4 billet stainless steel collector. We aren't currently offering mild steel at this time.

T3 and T6 versions are coming soon-ish.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
How long does it take CNC to make those collector?
They are very neat and really go well with your part of the whole assembly.

What would a 6-2-1 manifold for a Nissan L block run?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

extreme_accordion posted:

It takes about a week to do a run of 10.

quote:

Thank you.

quote:

You mean a non-turbo header, right?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

extreme_accordion posted:

I was so impressed with it because even on a productive machine with a good programmer and good tooling thats a 1-2 hour part. In the intial making of them stages add a lot fot hat working the kinks out, making tooling, etc.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
whoever deburred those ports on the collector didn't do too a great job though

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I will agree there are some minor kinks to be worked out. So far the quality is up to my standards of something I'd put my name on though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've got to admit, the CNC'd logo in the side of the collector is pretty badass.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I want it raised more, it doesn't stand out as much as I expected it to in real-life. Everything is a lot more clear in 3D CAD software renders.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's really cool regardless. You could even do engravings for special editions, though I have no idea how you'd program the machine to do that sequentially.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Yes, NA header is what I meant.Come to think of it, a twin turbo header for an L series might be a pretty cool thing to see (planned out; I have no intentions of "going turbo").

It seems like your flanges might work with SOC but then looking at a mass produced 6-1 I can't really tell. (http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/15-6013)

Made any more improvements to your work space?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I was going to tell you that unless you are looking for a tuned-length stainless steel header just buy one from eBay.

I am actually going to make a post later today or tomorrow about improvements at the shop...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm surprised there's that big of a market to pay that much for a manifold. It looks nice though.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Just admiring my sweet ride.

My shop manager, Joe, is building me a new table to store stuff I am working on.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Home made tumbler?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201569143091598&set=vb.1268264945&type=3&theater

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I love the random wood screw being used as a pin of some sort at 0:46. Needed a pin, looked around, grabbed the closest thing in reach.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

That is a precision set pin.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Billet collectors looks pretty bad rear end!
On the tumbler, is it going to be lined with rubber?
Also, they sell the little electromagnetic agitators for industrial tumblers on eBay, why not build one with those? That way you can have water or cutting fluid cycled through the process for a better finish.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I polish stainless steel which is tough as gently caress and the inner barrel is plastic.

I don't need a water polish because I'm not tumbling spent ammunition shells.

Skeletard
Dec 21, 2004
The con-rods are a nice touch.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Wouldn't it be easier to just start off with an old cement mixer?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

You have an old cement mixer lying around?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You don't?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I do a lot of cement mixing working on cars.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
No, but Harbor Freight will sell you a brand new one for less than 200 bucks. Just curious, it's a nice tumbler, but it looks like it took a lot of man hours to get to where it sits now.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

He spends less than that on his daily drives man... In fact uf you should fabricate a complete car from the balls up!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

bolind posted:

No, but Harbor Freight will sell you a brand new one for less than 200 bucks. Just curious, it's a nice tumbler, but it looks like it took a lot of man hours to get to where it sits now.

My drum is plastic with plastic ribs that I have shaped and tuned over time to roll the material, not throw it to the other side (like concrete). I can also front load and unload the drum which is super important in my small shop. I do like how easy that tilts but I don't really tilt mine now that I found the correct angle for the shavings mix I have.

In material I'd have to guess $70 with 10 hours of labor after messing with it off and on. I do need to paint it at some point and we have a different electric motor with variable control that might get swapped on so the current motor and transmission can be used for something else, possibly an engine break in cart.

This may blow your mind, but I make tables and shelves too rather than buy them. I usually get rusty steel for free from letting people know I'll take any scrap laying around.

Edit: I guess if you wanted to spend $200 then another 10 hours trying to make your Chinese cement mixer work go for it.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Nice scrap parts part tumbler!
Please post more of it when it's complete and in final op.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

It's done for what it is now, I did bring my camera to work today so I'll take some SNAPZ (as the kids say).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ultimateforce posted:

Edit: I guess if you wanted to spend $200 then another 10 hours trying to make your Chinese cement mixer work go for it.

But you should listen to the internets, it's not like you work in a shop and actually know what you're doing, because every pro shop uses HF equipment :colbert:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am trying to get Ulillillia to travel to Europe with me. So far he doesn't want to go.

Anyway, Friday Night Update MOTHERFUCKAZ!

First spray of gloss on the 'vert engine's bay. Looking to get this car on the road in two weeks if I keep going down my list.

Finally getting time to fix up my drat welding area. Almost done making all the furniture with Joe then we can put down some flooring. The area before the screens will be used as a small engine lab. We only really assemble one engine at a time in-house so that should be perfect. More lights are on the way too. This was around 6:30 at night, there's a BIT more light during the day but not a whole lot.

My table is made from free material, including the legs which were pre-made. I am going to redo them in steel when I get the time.

The view through the show room window. The building used to be a recording studio I am told.

The show room engine stand.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Because I am parting some stuff out I need I now own a 1994 S13 coupe, hatch, and convertible. Talk about living the dream.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

You'd be amazed all the poo poo you can get for basically free if you have access to a trailer and let everyone know you'll go get a car at any time.

It also helps to always have $500 in an envelope some place always ready for something.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That shop looks like an awesome place to work.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

It'd be so easy if on day one I had all the machines, all the tools, and a work flow all written down and ready. The evolution to this current state has been the hard part.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

If I part everything out the way I am planning I basically have a free gutted S13 roller.

Possible Chumpcar foundation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

ultimateforce posted:

If I part everything out the way I am planning I basically have a free gutted S13 roller.

"Sell" it to the shop to keep as a mock-up roller? You guys kind of work with that chassis a bit.

• Locked thread