Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I think Ezio needs to get a new gimmick, because being the sole member of a stable is kinda sad. He seems to have a penchant for killstealing, maybe he can do Segata's thing backstage?
Mercenary tweener, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Segments of Ezio backstage desperately trying to convince Gary that they should put the band back together, trying to make Luigi remember his Mr. L phase and searching for a missing turtle.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't even want the security team to be a team from some game. I just want it to be the Shield, completely unchanged.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah I want that too...but I don't think we're getting VGCW vs. WWE on Bazza's show again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Go RV! posted:

I love how quickly the chat went from booing to cheering for this Ezio.

He really does look about 100x better.

I liked Ezio before it was cool :colbert:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
So was that Battle Royale a double turn? Because there were a looooot of boos for Knucks at the end there.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

To those wondering about the D.K./Duke match, the guy who made Duke's CAW posted this on the official forums:

quote:

Guile has something much better than Hogan's move-set, you'll love it I promise, and I refused to let Duke be as awful as he used to be. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

So it looks like both Duke and Guile were buffed.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Captain Invictus posted:

I liked Ezio before it was cool :colbert:

High five, fellow Brotherhood...er...bro! Been a fan since the breakup of the Elie Four. Cannot wait to see the recording! Stupid work making miss the Night!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 20, 2013

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Prozach posted:

So was that Battle Royale a double turn? Because there were a looooot of boos for Knucks at the end there.
Knux should be fine, chat seems to hate Segata a lot more.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
How long does it usually take for stuff to show up on youtube?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Not too long, usually by tomorrow morning at the latest. Zylche could give you a better answer though.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Kenlon posted:

How long does it usually take for stuff to show up on youtube?
About as long as 1.38GB over 80KB/s upload sounds. About 5 hours

There's 16 videos tonight lasting 2h 35m. When "VGCW 2013-11-19 - 11 - Tag Team" is processed would be a pretty safe time to start watching it all. I won't have to the playlist sorted until I wake up tomorrow. Youtube removed the ability to add queued uploads to playlists and I've never forgiven them for it. :argh:

In any case I'll post all the links here when I wake up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

About as long as 1.38GB over 80KB/s upload sounds. About 5 hours
Remember that your uploads will never have a constant speed and you're more looking at 8-10 hours if you cap out at 80KB/s.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Knux should be fine, chat seems to hate Segata a lot more.

I don't know how anyone could hate the wrestler that brings us Burning Rangers-caliber music.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

SoggyBobcat posted:

To those wondering about the D.K./Duke match, the guy who made Duke's CAW posted this on the official forums:

So it looks like both Duke and Guile were buffed.

Wait...Guile had Hogan's move-set the entire time? No wonder he sucked so much.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GANDHITRON posted:

I don't know how anyone could hate the wrestler that brings us Burning Rangers-caliber music.

Beating Red was a hell of a thing. I mean I hated him too, but hey Red got that awesome Scorpion match out of it so hey. Kinda wished Barret would've won though. And yes, anyone who dislikes Burning Rangers is objectively wrong.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Remember that your uploads will never have a constant speed and you're more looking at 8-10 hours if you cap out at 80KB/s.
You're overthinking it and I was being conservative with my numbers.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

I still think Scorpion deserves the right to use Burning Rangers during his matches after his performance in their last man standing match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIImQ1abShY

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 20, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rhonne posted:

I still think Scorpion deserves the right to use Burning Rangers during his matches after his performance in their last man standing match.
I'd think that'd be detrimental to Scorp considering the Rangers are super-powered fire fighters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really shouldn't have thought to myself "Flint and Ezio are both in, no way Knuckles can beat them both after being hurt the whole match".

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

:siren: RECORDING OF LAST NIGHT :siren:
Playlist

VGCW 2013-11-19 - 00 - Fun Facts
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 01 - Intro
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 02 - Match
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 03 - Plot
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 04 - Submission Match
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 05 - Plot
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 06 - Match
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 07 - Plot
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 08 - Match
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 09 - Plot
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 10 - Intermission
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 11 - Tag Team
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 12 - Plot
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 13 - 6-Man Battle Royale
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 14 - Match
VGCW 2013-11-19 - 15 - Plot [END]

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

HellCopter posted:

Woo Gief! I guess the submissions are okay. They've just been impotent for so long that I kind of ignore them, so it's a surprise when they end a match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMblPc2SsU4&t=68s

This was posted way, way back. I think it was at the same time Octodad was created. I guess the CAW is pretty lackluster, but she's one of the only Touhou chars that isn't a tiny girl in a frilly dress.
Both of those CAWs own. A Touhou contender for WVGCW would be pretty awesome, I think.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Friar John posted:

Both of those CAWs own. A Touhou contender for WVGCW would be pretty awesome, I think.

It's like you WANT the chat to make Saltybet jokes :v:.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If there was a Touhou Diva, it'd have to be Reimu, Marisa, or Alice, as much as I'd like it to be Utsuho.

If it was Marisa, we'd have access to Magus Night, which is one of my favorite unremixed Touhou themes alongside Nuclear Fusion and Emotional Skyscraper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0

Best part about Magus Night: ZUN was trying to compose it while exceptionally drunk(well, drunker than he usually is) as a version of an earlier game's theme for Marisa, and completely missed the shot but still wound up with something incredible.

Honestly, having any Touhou character would open up the possibility of just mainlining Touhou music, which is never a bad thing and has more remixes out there than pretty much anything.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I feel like pins are about as viable as they've ever been, perhaps very slightly less. Peak match time is still around 21 minutes including intros and we're still seeing matches that run closer to 16/17. Recall that 2K13 matches usually involved a poo poo ton of kicking out too, especially when hardasses like Red were fighting.

It's understandable that people are crying foul, though. Seeing functioning submissions is akin to witnessing a unicorn fart after a year of '13.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm really glad that Bazza worked out a good setup for the balance sliders, because the early test streams had matches that were like 5-6 minutes long.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I have been staring at this for the past 5 minutes and giggling to myself.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
For those of you who like/dislike the 15-20 minute long slugfests, they probably aren't going anywhere. Bazza has said he likes his matches to be around 15 minutes.

Bryn on the other hand... :getin:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Hobo Siege posted:

especially when hardasses like Red were fighting.

I find it equal parts amusing and annoying how much that perception still has legs even though it's been pretty handily disproved.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

For those of you who like/dislike the 15-20 minute long slugfests, they probably aren't going anywhere. Bazza has said he likes his matches to be around 15 minutes.

Bryn on the other hand... :getin:

I knew there was a reason I like WVGCW more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I like that submissions work but tapping to a headlock is pretty lame.

That Scorpion/Octodad match was great. An epic battle and Scorpion continues his run as the comeback king.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Gief doesn't do it as well as Ayla. :colbert:

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

My only thing with the working submissions is that it's kinda anti-climactic when a 20 minute long epic ends in some random chin lock. But I guess matches ended in random body slams or whatever all the time, so...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I miss nice Phoenix.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Lugubrious! posted:

My only thing with the working submissions is that it's kinda anti-climactic when a 20 minute long epic ends in some random chin lock. But I guess matches ended in random body slams or whatever all the time, so...

Didn't Nappa pin with a random body slam last night?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Jackie D posted:

Didn't Nappa pin with a random body slam last night?

That was his signature. He traded all his weak scoop slams in for one big one.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

So I'm guessing the new security will be Team Rocket.

Also:

That was a Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Hah, I love how AVGN also kicks King right in the face.

• Locked thread