Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funroll loops
Feb 6, 2007
CAPSISSTUCK
snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hmm hey this is new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-oBEGF7uwE

http://jodorowskysdune.com

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

infernal machines posted:

'fo rillz

moebius was the concept artist, working with giger. that poo poo would have been crazy

concept art: http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/moebius/

gently caress, almost none of those match what i imagined them looking like from the books.

also i am rereading the series and am up to children of dune and am rapidly approaching the point of no return

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

man, jodorowsky is proper nuts too.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

golgo13sf posted:

gently caress, almost none of those match what i imagined them looking like from the books.

also i am rereading the series and am up to children of dune and am rapidly approaching the point of no return

say what you want about lynch's dune but i think he absolutely loving NAILED the visuals. hell the dune rts games basically ripped off that style wholesale in the cutscenes, lol

i only got about a third through children of dune and gave the gently caress up. who cares, all u really need is the original novel (and the prequels for kindling, nothing like reading by a cozy fire)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it wasnt all a wash, jodos dune brought together dan o'bannon & giger (alien) and o'bannon & moebius (the long tomorrow, from whence blade runner)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the long tomorrow shows a lot of jodorowsky's influence. it goes from sci-fi to off the loving rails mysticism on like one chapter. then it just keeps getting crazier

moebius does a good job with the art.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the incal is bananas

wish i had it w original colors but all the reprints are w bullshit computer gradients

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Carthag posted:

the incal is bananas

wish i had it w original colors but all the reprints are w bullshit computer gradients

yeah, nm, it's the incal i'm thinking of.

i cheated and got the repros, they're still p. nice

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
i know i've said this before but imo whoever designed the necromonger stuff in chronicles of riddick should be hired for any future dune adaptations

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

jj abrams to remake dune

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that would work.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i watched Lynch Dune again with some buddies a few weeks ago and it was legit pretty awesome and i'll fight anyone who says it isn't.

the Dune universe is supposed to be this insane drug-addled orgy of weird dudes and giant dick monsters and insane tyrants and Sting, and i feel that Lynch Dune captures that exceedingly well.

Jodo Dune art looks pretty crazy, and Giger's descriptions of his concept art and his whole life generally are pretty ridiculous and probably not sane.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SaaS to Mouth posted:

jj abrams to remake dune

baron harkonnen flying out a hole into a lens flare team rocket style

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

chris pine as paul atreides
zachary quinto as thufir hawat

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

the most incredibly phallic sandworms imaginable (also now they breathe fire or have spice powered laser teeth i guess ??)

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
if any of you motherfuckers haven't already read "the airtight garage" then you need to fix that as soon as possible

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ol qwerty bastard posted:

i know i've said this before but imo whoever designed the necromonger stuff in chronicles of riddick should be hired for any future dune adaptations

i loving love the set design in CoR

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

isn't one of the badguys dressed in gothic space-knight armour or something?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Heresiarch posted:

if any of you motherfuckers haven't already read "the airtight garage" then you need to fix that as soon as possible

it owns

evrrything moebius owns

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is a really good interview of hr giger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_T5T0PPY94

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Carthag posted:

it owns

evrrything moebius owns

if you want to be really loving humbled go check out the meobius filter on "but does it float"

the rest of the site is kinda cool too but that filter's the best one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he was an amazing illustrator, and just weird enough to use it well.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Glorgnole posted:

i watched Lynch Dune again with some buddies a few weeks ago and it was legit pretty awesome and i'll fight anyone who says it isn't.

the Dune universe is supposed to be this insane drug-addled orgy of weird dudes and giant dick monsters and insane tyrants and Sting, and i feel that Lynch Dune captures that exceedingly well.
it's crazy but it's also really fukken boring and paul jessica and chani are just awful. waste of talent.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
giger always seemed like a bit of an egoist from the few interviews of his i've seen.

lynch dune best dune tho. i have yet to see another movie look so good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

i know i've said this before but imo whoever designed the necromonger stuff in chronicles of riddick should be hired for any warhammer adaptations

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

golgo13sf posted:

Stop at Children of Dune. It becomes batshit insane and terrible after it.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

sleepy hollow getting lots of mileage out of their tunnel sets

everything is in the tunnels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

tunnels are cheap.

it's like the 2010's eqiv of filming in vancouver

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
so much head i woke up in sleepy hollow

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its kind of cool cause they can just throw on some simple costumes and shoot in NC cause its got both legit kickass old architecture and kickass woods and poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
lots of inbred weirdos living in the past too

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

in 20 years we'll probably see an amazing diagram of the sleepy hollow tunnels like that diagram of the Enterprise D set

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Shaggar posted:

its kind of cool cause they can just throw on some simple costumes and shoot in NC cause its got both legit kickass old architecture and kickass woods and poo poo

its kind of weird that NC can pass for NY state

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Glorgnole posted:

Jodo Dune art looks pretty crazy, and Giger's descriptions of his concept art and his whole life generally are pretty ridiculous and probably not sane.

Lynch Dune with Toto soundtrack is epic win

the book is better yeah but the lynch vision has become the world in my head for all the Herbert books and im ok with that

except sean young as chani because gently caress sean young she is p gross

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Emilio posted:

except sean young as chani because gently caress sean young she is p gross

i'm sorry, what?

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

she is gross as chani

she was decent as whatsherface in BL because she is a robot and can't act anyway

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Emilio posted:

she is gross as chani

she was decent as whatsherface in BL because she is a robot and can't act anyway

yeah. she can pull of somewhat distraught fairly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
dem eyebrows :wiggle:

• Locked thread