Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
I can't stop laughing at the Bound 2 video. This guy slays me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

interpunct posted:

I just noticed that the price for General Admission tickets at Barclays Center dropped from $183 to $105 on Ticketmaster. I keep not learning my lesson when it comes to GA tickets at arena shows. If that's a more palatable price to those who held out, though, go for it.

Fuuuck yes thank you just copped two tickets

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

That Bound 2 video was the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever seen in my life

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Kanye to the POTUS: Keep Kim's name out ya mouth

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh7aumpG74xEVzn50d

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching the Bound 2 video now. God drat, this is amazing :allears: He wasn't lying one bit when he said here that what he does brings joy to people.

This is about to bring a tear to my face because I'm laughing so hard.

badson
Jul 1, 2005
"I saw the Bound 2 video on Ellen. First time I've ever heard a Kanye West song. "

Ahahahahahaha NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I saw the Bound 2 video on Ellen. First time I've ever heard a Kanye West song.
At first I thought it was a joke.
When I was informed it was not, it became one of the funniest things I've seen and heard in a while.
One of the lines sounded to me like a Fight Club reference so I had to look up the lyrics.

quote:

Walking 'round, always mad reputation
Leave a pretty girl sad reputation
Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation

I laughed out loud at that. I always heard he was some sort of genius.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
What a cool guy we got here

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol, that video is indefensible.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

People who have seen him at his most recent tour: Have they been generally starting on time?

edit: and for the record I think Yeezus has a lot of great tracks on it but Bound 2 is not one of them. That video.... :(

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 20, 2013

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I waited all day to come home and see this video. Jesus Christ Kanye is a madman. Bound 2 is the last video that needs to be made until robots take over music.

temple fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 20, 2013

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love that he's made (what I guess is supposed to be) a romantic video that directly equates his fiancee with a pretty cool dirtbike.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 20, 2013

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

KidDynamite posted:

Wow. Can you get a refund if you bought them at 186? I'm going to assume not, take the L, and enjoy myself.

It feels even worse if you bought Madison Square Garden seated tickets for $185 :smithicide:

e: seriously, I even live closer to Barclays than I do to MSG. I have never felt more loving stupid in my life, ugh

badson posted:

I saw the Bound 2 video on Ellen. First time I've ever heard a Kan

what the gently caress goon regularly watches Ellen

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 20, 2013

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

abraham linksys posted:

what the gently caress goon regularly watches Ellen

The same kind of cave dweller who hears his first Kanye song in the year of our Lord, 2013.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Lol, that video is indefensible.

That video is gonna be hillarious when they break up sometime next year.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Barclays show ruled. Thanks for the tip about the cheap tickets!

Alpher N Omeger
Jan 1, 2013
Bound 2 video is incredible. The widespread vitriol is very silly. Like it's amazing to me that people enter with the presupposition that Kanye doesn't understand irony. The first 35 seconds alone service as a hilarious montage of ultra-Americana made out as totally fatuous; like as if he wasn't just recently attacked for appropriating the Confederate flag and didn't just drop an album with a song titled Black Skinhead on it. At first sight I'm tempted to say it's not even very implicit, the video is super antagonistic.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Wachepti posted:

People who have seen him at his most recent tour: Have they been generally starting on time?

edit: and for the record I think Yeezus has a lot of great tracks on it but Bound 2 is not one of them. That video.... :(

I saw it twice and Kendrick goes on at 15-20 past the hour.

After Kendrick there's a 45-hour intermission to get everything set up.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Alpher N Omeger posted:

Bound 2 video is incredible. The widespread vitriol is very silly. Like it's amazing to me that people enter with the presupposition that Kanye doesn't understand irony. The first 35 seconds alone service as a hilarious montage of ultra-Americana made out as totally fatuous; like as if he wasn't just recently attacked for appropriating the Confederate flag and didn't just drop an album with a song titled Black Skinhead on it. At first sight I'm tempted to say it's not even very implicit, the video is super antagonistic.

that doesn't make it not retarded

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem

Alpher N Omeger posted:

I'm trying real hard to accept your interpretation. Real hard.

I still think the video is poo poo.

It almost seems as though Kanye harbors resentment that Ray J has a sex tape with his wife. Then made this video to try to mark his territory.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Scored a nice ticket to the Barclays show tonight. I'm going alone which I've never done before but from reading everyone's experiences I'm excited about this.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Alpher N Omeger posted:

i was wondering how long it would take for this to happen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kanyethread.txt

badson
Jul 1, 2005
"I saw the Bound 2 video on Ellen. First time I've ever heard a Kanye West song. "

Ahahahahahaha NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I apologize for being condescending and snarky. It's art, and art is subjective.

I'm older and don't listen to a lot of new music (happens to a lot of us after a certain age), and I had not listened to Kanye West. I knew of him from news and his PR but never once listened to him perform before this Bound 2 video.

I guess it is just not my style of music\art. Carry on Kanye, carry on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

badson posted:

I'm older and don't listen to a lot of new music (happens to a lot of us after a certain age), and I had not listened to Kanye West.

I dig that his stuff isn't your deal, and that's totally cool, but the way you came in all "Never listened to this Kanye fella" came off as deliberately obnoxious. And I might be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that "Bound 2" isn't the first Kanye song you've heard- chances are, you've heard at least a couple, even if you never connected them to the artist.

He's been an international superstar for about a decade at this point and his songs have been used all over the place.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Alpher N Omeger posted:

Nothing even loving happened in it you goon. He just road a motor bike across a green screen and then the motor bike was Kim Kardashian.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was kinda hoping it would be all stock footage after the horses kicked in. Maybe you could have like stock footage Kanye riding stock footage of a motorcycle while riding stock footage from For The Love of Ray J

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Miltank posted:

Nothing even loving happened in it you goon. He just road a motor bike across a green screen and then the motor bike was Kim Kardashian.
And why are his clothes torn? He could have bought a new shirt since he was filming for the whole world to see.

Kanye is pretty transparent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw

temple fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 20, 2013

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Did they intentionally try to make Kim look as much like Beyonce as possible? I think Ye wishes he had JayZ's girl (but he'd rather get some head).

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are the living embodiment of the The New American Dream and their love and this video are going to outlast all of us, haters. How dare you. How dare all of you.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

AwwJeah posted:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are the living embodiment of the The New American Dream and their love and this video are going to outlast all of us, haters. How dare you. How dare all of you.

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem

I think this is the precisely the the meme Kanye made the video to destroy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I knoooooow you're tiiiiirrreeedd

She smashin the homey!

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Miltank posted:

One could say he popped a wheelie on the Zeitgeist.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Give more credit to the Yeez he be like "Yo Ray J you hit it first but I hit it last"

hate the haters

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I legitimately enjoyed that video, seeing as its one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
It looks and sounds as though Kanye is wasted at Asian karaoke on a Tuesday night, and he's the last guy there and the staff can't get rid of him while he humps one of the speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpher N Omeger
Jan 1, 2013

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

that doesn't make it not retarded

Miltank posted:

He just road a motor bike across a green screen and then the motor bike was Kim Kardashian.

Jam2 posted:

I still think the video is poo poo.

Well I mean, yeah. I could've taken these responses, put them at the beginning of my original post verbatim and still have come to the same conclusion. tbf I think my original post came off as snobby but my disagreement is that I think the video is so impeccably hokey that I can't imagine it being part a deliberately provocative campaign for a deliberately provocative album by sheer accident.

I trust Kanye and his collaborators to realize on some level that they just shot a Marlboro commercial; or this is another example of ego outracing ability. Neither of these arguments are a stretch. I'm not trying to say Kanye is a subversive genius. It means he has a basic comprehension of cheese.

At the least, are we gonna pretend that cowboy Kanye riding through Arizona with Kim on the dash isn't antagonistic? Well, it kinda worked, people hate it. And it is incredible, how many people had their jaws down when they saw it?

Edit: ok, I'm actually more back and forth on this, cause if there's a person incapable of irony it's probably Kanye, but I've written myself into a corner now. If it's unabashedly earnest I still kinda think the video is incredible.

Alpher N Omeger fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 21, 2013

• Locked thread