Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Love makes you do crazy things :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wasn't it inferred (or mentioned) at one point that Surma didn't tell Anthony about her "condition?"

Edit:vvv I remembered it exactly wrong... That makes his reactions even stranger though.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 20, 2013

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PrinceRandom posted:

Wasn't it inferred (or mentioned) at one point that Surma didn't tell Anthony about her "condition?"

According to Reynardine (and he can't lie), Anthony knew.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
This is probably a really stupid question so apologies if it's already been disproven 12 different ways. We know that if Annie ever has a child the same thing that happened to Surma will happen to her; but what if she were to adopt? Does the spirit transfer thing still happen if the child isn't biologically hers?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Coyote's "when" seems to imply that it's not even necessary for a third party to be involved. The fact that Annie doesn't look exactly like her mother might be down to Anthony's science meddling rather than his genes.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Eh, I feel like you guys are reading too much into that "when".

Also, guess Kat better go look in like another 15 places to find Annie.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

AndyP posted:

This is probably a really stupid question so apologies if it's already been disproven 12 different ways. We know that if Annie ever has a child the same thing that happened to Surma will happen to her; but what if she were to adopt? Does the spirit transfer thing still happen if the child isn't biologically hers?

I imagine it wouldn't. Fire Elemental people might just have a shorter lifespan than a regular human anyway though - if Surma knew that she'd be dead by her 50s, she might have just decided that having Annie would be worth dying a little sooner. I think Annie is about 10 or 11 when she starts at Gunnerkrigg, and I think that was fairly soon after Surma had died, so she lived a good ten years after giving birth to Annie, even though I think a lot of that would've been her bedridden.

Maybe Annie was an accident?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So much suspense. :ohdear:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Tom's just teasing us now, isn't he?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont worry, Annie's just getting Kat a 'Congratulations on coming out of the closet!' card.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Kat seems to have checked every square inch of the court except for their bedroom.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That or the viewpoint from the last panel is going to shift, revealing Annie is in Rey's room as well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yay, Admin-bot!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Oh god what if Annie ran off to the forest again?

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
She's either right there with Rey or in their room copying Kat's homework.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Laser Cow posted:

She's either right there with Rey or in their room copying Kat's homework.

Oh hey, Kat's too busy making out with Paz to notice. Perfect opportunity for some cheatin'!

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
Saw this thread and it made me read through the entirety of GK in one sitting. Holy poo poo that was a wild ride.

My guess is that Annie probably ran off into the forest because she has no loving clue how to deal with this situation (though she didn't do half-bad when Kat got the bird boyfriend).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bot 02 posted:

(though she didn't do half-bad when Kat got the bird boyfriend).

A little rusty around the edges, but yeah I think Annie knows how to handle a situation like that

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Come on now Kat, how the hell would Admin-bot know

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Zorak posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=813

I dunnnoooooo. Dude seems like kind of a shithead.

Annie always wondered about the "still" because she didn‘t know her existence had anything to do with her mother's death yet.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

All this stalling is just to make it more plausible that Annie had time to edit all the "congrats on the boyfriend!" decorations and cake to "girlfriend".

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

And then Paz spontaneously turns into a bird.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

:golfclap: Pure brilliance.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Glagha posted:

And then Paz spontaneously turns into a bird.

Kat has only crushed on birds so far anyway.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Because I don't know why, I tried to find the other spots in the comic where the locations Kat's checking were shown. The first one is pretty exact, here. Then the bot administration, here. The third is obviously the steps leading to the forest bridge, and although I'm pretty sure we've seen that exact angle somewhere before I couldn't quite hunt it down. I was thinking maybe somewhere in 'The Coward Heart' or in 'Of New And Old' but neither chapter had a similar angle. The rooftop with the antenna is here, where Annie and Kat were hanging out after Annie came back from running off to the forest. Panel 5 I'm vague on. It could just be the same rooftop, or it might be the one that Robot was nabbed from in 'Changes'. Kind of hard to tell.

You see what happens to me when an update doesn't have much plot, Tom? Why do you do this to me? :argh:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

BobTheJanitor posted:

or it might be the one that Robot was nabbed from in 'Changes'

It's not, that roof didn't have a railing.

why yes I am bored, how can you tell

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AzMiLion posted:

But what about Jimmy-Jims? Oh wait. I got it. Eglamore. Eagle Amor. Kat only crushes on birds, myth confirmed.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

AzMiLion posted:

Son of a bitch, I only just got that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Eglamore. Eagle Amor.

It was there the whole time :aaaaa:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Blackheart posted:

It was there the whole time :aaaaa:

Tom deletes the hundreds of pages he had detailing the intricate courtship and romance between Kat and Eagle Amor. Time to start again.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
I know I'm late to the party but is there way to buy Volume 1 or is there even a Volume 1?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

There is a volume one but it appears to be out of stock on Topatoco and only available from secondary sellers (from $200-$3700 -- automatic pricing bots gone insane, I guess) on Amazon. Hopefully they'll do another run eventually (Volume Two was out of stock and hard to get for a long time...)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BobTheJanitor posted:

Because I don't know why, I tried to find the other spots in the comic where the locations Kat's checking were shown. The first one is pretty exact, here.

She went to see Baz and we didn't see him. :argh: Siddelllllllll!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

BobTheJanitor posted:

Because I don't know why, I tried to find the other spots in the comic where the locations Kat's checking were shown. The first one is pretty exact, here.

This obvious ploy to get me to read the entire comic won't work on me.
:colbert:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

AzMiLion posted:

Yeah and City Face helped bring Paz and Kat together. But you would expect a Kat to be interested in birds. And Paz's mice. I'm sorry.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Having just binged my way through the entire archives I can only say that I will never get enough of Smitty bumbling around solving problems through dumb luck and blind intuition.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So I just now discovered the /streams/ folder on the Gunnerkrigg site and uh :stare:

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

Rasamune posted:

So I just now discovered the /streams/ folder on the Gunnerkrigg site and uh :stare:

Yea, during another stream he made a picture of Gamma having a blackeye and other buries then stating Zimmy did those but she didn't remember doing them (though she knows deep inside). Or something to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
On a nicer note, this is a badass picture.