Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

B!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
B is the only real answer! Feuding Feudal Lords Lording it up in the House of Lords.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I vote B!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A to make life as interesting as possible for the Hanseatic League during our remaining time in CK2.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
B. Because honestly I think it might be the only way the Republic of France survives to EU4.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
B sounds like it will be the most stable.

TheGrandMystic
Aug 7, 2007
Throwing in another vote for B.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

B sounds like the only solution the French nobility would accept without revolting en masse.

If you think you are going to avoid revolts in CK2, you might be in for a surprise :v:

A because that sounds like the most fun.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
B! Stability and mercantilism, best we can do in the circumstances.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
B Why make a friend competition?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The FrAnsa!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

C

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

meatbag posted:

If you think you are going to avoid revolts in CK2, you might be in for a surprise :v:

Oh, I don't think the country will last that long regardless, but hey, one can dream. ;)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
B seems like the most logical choice.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

meatbag posted:

Still, there's a difference between dealing with the occasional succession war and having every single vassal up in arms at once.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
C because it sounds like it will crash and burn the most spectacularly.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
A. I don't want the competition from another merchant republic... But then, you're the on who will have to deal with it. They'll try and keep us out of France, and we can fight for control of the divded English/Aztec markets.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

B is the way.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I don't really mind what we go for, but just in case we go for A, remember that a dynasty cannot control more than one merchant house, so Gotthard cannot found another Von Goon house in merchant france.

So I would like to suggest that if France becomes a merchant republic, Gotthard and any children he may have should found a cadet branch of the Von Goons. Perhaps he might choose to build his new family manor out near the village of Escaudain, and name his cadet branch De Goon-Escadre.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
A! Absolutely A!

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
B may be sensible, but A is the Van Goon way. :colbert:

I didn't expect this to come back after I asked. Sadly this kind of stuff probably couldn't happen in real life - medieval nobility (outside of Italy, perhaps) and burghers didn't intermarry as a rule. The kings certainly didn't marry merchants.

Also seconding what Reveilled said.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
B! Hanseatic hegemony! No competition in the northern seas!

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
C

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
C. Mayors all the way down. Switching my vote to A based on Reveilled's point a few posts down.

And supporting Reveilled's suggestion as well. Although I think that "de Goon" should be enough to differentiate the houses for the purposes of CK2.

...in fact, let's make that a new goal. Put as many variations of the name "of Goon" into power as possible across Europe. We shall have the von Goons, the van Goons, the de Goons, the O'Goons, the di Goons, and any other versions I didn't list yet, all claiming to be "totally different families, our names are in different languages and everything".

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 20, 2013

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

C

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That would be an interesting one. I'll keep an eye open for opportunities in the 92 years of CK2 we have left, but no promises, as setting up heirs/claimants takes some time, specially if you are not gaming the system. You can see from how long it took until we placed Gotthard in France.

Reveilled posted:

I don't really mind what we go for, but just in case we go for A, remember that a dynasty cannot control more than one merchant house, so Gotthard cannot found another Von Goon house in merchant france.

So I would like to suggest that if France becomes a merchant republic, Gotthard and any children he may have should found a cadet branch of the Von Goons. Perhaps he might choose to build his new family manor out near the village of Escaudain, and name his cadet branch De Goon-Escadre.

That is actually a good point, might be the reason why the Merchant Republic didn't stick originally.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
B

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
B

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
C

Muskatnuss
Mar 17, 2013
C We don't want to compete with the French

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

The Sandman posted:

C. Mayors all the way down.

And supporting Reveilled's suggestion as well. Although I think that "de Goon" should be enough to differentiate the houses for the purposes of CK2.

Yes, but then people won't be able to complain about de Goon-Escadre being terrible griefers out to destroy everyone else's kingdoms and ruining Europe.

Also, remember that if we do not pick A, the succession law will be Open Elective and every leader of France after Gotthard will be a randomly generated character. The only way to set up cadet branches of the Von Goons is to establish kingdoms or merchant republics. To repeat The French Von Goons will cease to exist on Gotthard's death if A does not win. [This is not a vote for A, just an informative thing]

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 20, 2013

Terror storm
Oct 23, 2010

Your head is worth nothing,
and that's a good thing.
I'm putting a vote down for B.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A, competition is a necessity for capitalism to function in everyone's benefit. Plus come on, Merchant Republic France!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
A so the von Goons continue to exist.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

The Sandman posted:

...in fact, let's make that a new goal. Put as many variations of the name "of Goon" into power as possible across Europe. We shall have the von Goons, the van Goons, the de Goons, the O'Goons, the di Goons, and any other versions I didn't list yet, all claiming to be "totally different families, our names are in different languages and everything".

How about the Swedish af Goon? Other than that I love the Russian Goonovich and the Spanish Goonzales.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Luhood posted:

How about the Swedish af Goon? Other than that I love the Russian Goonovich and the Spanish Goonzales.

Surely the Swedish version should be Goonstavus?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Vonting A!

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

OwlFancier posted:

Surely the Swedish version should be Goonstavus?

More likely it would be Goonstavsson.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A. The family line must live on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It should obviously be A.

• Locked thread