Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
So I'm four episodes into Sleepy Hollow on the recommendations floating around TVIV... When does it get good? The last few episodes were pretty good, but this Roanoke episode is bo-ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So I'm four episodes into Sleepy Hollow on the recommendations floating around TVIV... When does it get good? The last few episodes were pretty good, but this Roanoke episode is bo-ring.

Honestly, the entire thing is pretty drat good. If you don't like it after four episodes, you probably never will.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

The Roanoke episode is the worst episode so far in the series. If you liked the first few, just muscle through it and it improves again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Don't worry, episode five should restore your faith.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

precision posted:

Don't worry, episode five should restore your faith.

Unless I'm confused isn't the Roanoke one episode 5? Don't get me wrong, I think Roanoke is the weakest of all of them, but if you don't think Sleepy Hollow is good by the time you get there, you aren't going to think the rest is better. It's been firing on full engines since episode 1.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
From the creators of Eastbound and Down and Archer comes...

Chozen

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/chozen-fxs-animated-comedy

I've never seen a preview so... bizarre? I dunno how to describe it. While I can see influences on both shows (unlikable dickish main character) it still distances itself from both without coming across like a ripoff/clone on either.(try and learn Seth) I'm a fan of both Eastbound and Archer so I'll definitely give this a shot.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 20, 2013

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
"I know; instead of showing a new episode of Trophy Wife, let's show some dumbass David Blaine bullshit." - A Very Bad Person

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I rewatched the pilot episode of The Walking Dead and it's still really loving good. I don't know what the hell happened to all the people that made the first hour. I thought it might be Frank Darabont being fired but he was responsible for the rest of the season and parts of season 2 as well.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CaptainHollywood posted:

From the creators of Eastbound and Down and Archer comes...

Chozen

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/chozen-fxs-animated-comedy

I've never seen a preview so... bizarre? I dunno how to describe it. While I can see influences on both shows (unlikable dickish main character) it still distances itself from both without coming across like a ripoff/clone on either.(try and learn Seth) I'm a fan of both Eastbound and Archer so I'll definitely give this a shot.

I'm sold.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
So I just got distracted by a TV commercial to the point that I actually went and made a gif of it really quickly. Because I loved it that much.

Who writes this crap?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What is that commercial for? I'm just going to assume it's for a real life Machine of Death.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I was about to answer, but I almost think it'd be funnier now if I made everyone guess.

It's an ad for Bayer aspirin. The voiceover says "Laura's heart attack didn't come with an advance warning."

What makes it for me is that her reaction to finding out about a heart attack is a combination of nonplussed and tired.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 20, 2013

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
That's begging for a dickbutt.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mo0 posted:

I was about to answer, but I almost think it'd be funnier now if I made everyone guess.

It's an ad for Bayer aspirin. The voiceover says "Laura's heart attack didn't come with an advance warning."

What makes it for me is that her reaction to finding out about a heart attack is a combination of nonplussed and tired.

DedEx

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Mo0 posted:

So I just got distracted by a TV commercial to the point that I actually went and made a gif of it really quickly. Because I loved it that much.

Who writes this crap?

The best part is the "Dramatization" text that pops up in the corner.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Gonna start sending those to friends and family, with different health ailments like strokes, shingles, gout, hysterical pregnancy and Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

I rewatched the pilot episode of The Walking Dead and it's still really loving good. I don't know what the hell happened to all the people that made the first hour. I thought it might be Frank Darabont being fired but he was responsible for the rest of the season and parts of season 2 as well.

In my opinion it's because the pilot is essentially a good, standard, zombie film, and after you get a couple of episodes in, it becomes apparent that the constraints of zombie films mean they don't translate well to longer forms of storytelling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of The Walking Dead, the current rumor regarding the spin off is that its going to be a prequel set during the start of the whole zombie thing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Holy poo poo:
http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Press up and down on your keyboard to "flip channels"

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

:psyboom:

This is loving incredible.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

...! posted:

"I know; instead of showing a new episode of Trophy Wife, let's show some dumbass David Blaine bullshit." - A Very Bad Person
Trophy Wife scored a 1.2 last week and David Blaine got a 3.7 :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

This is pretty cool though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjQMtNuZpQ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't watch it, so why was Olivia Wilde not wearing a shirt in all the ads?

Besides the obvious.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not surprised. David Blaine is a handsome, charismatic entertainer. Bradley Whitford.. isn't.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Irish Joe posted:

I'm not surprised. David Blaine is a handsome, charismatic entertainer. Bradley Whitford.. isn't.

You take that back.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mega sploosh.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Irish Joe posted:

Charismatic? David Blane...charismatic? He's the most boring (bored?) sounding man I've ever heard talk, this side of Ben Stein.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

That's it, close the Internet, we're done. It will never get better than this.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't watch it, so why was Olivia Wilde not wearing a shirt in all the ads?

Because some of us eat our veggies and say our prayers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

That's absolutely amazing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

I lost it at the channel with the pre-K cartoon. I mean, the whole thing is amazing, but that's just too funny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I tend to come in and bleed out negativity, so here's a couple things I've been enjoying catching up on.

Banshee. Up to the third episode, a lot of fun. Like an x-rated mash-up of Roadhouse and Happy, Texas. A bit on the shallow side right now, but enjoying the unrelenting grimness and brutality of the thing. Interesting characters as well.

Fringe season 5. Up to the seventh episode. The fact that there isn't really episode length plots in favor of a continuous season long one makes it feel like I'm watching a 10 hour movie. In a good way. Consistently exciting to watch, its a great thing to spread out over a few days. Gonna be sad when it finishes though.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

Thank you so much for posting this, it is amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr. Fowl posted:

I lost it at the channel with the pre-K cartoon. I mean, the whole thing is amazing, but that's just too funny.

I was really sad to discover that one wasn't real. I wanna watch Zoey and Socks!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:

That is incredible.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

BrooklynBruiser posted:

:psyboom:

This is loving incredible.

Yes, this is loving amazing. Interactive music videos. I wonder if this could revive the medium.

I love the Maron channel.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

escape artist posted:

Yes, this is loving amazing. Interactive music videos. I wonder if this could revive the medium.

I love the Maron channel.

I think Maron, Price is Right, and the financial channel are my 3 favorites.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Follow-up:

Inside Bob Dylan's Brilliant 'Like a Rolling Stone' Video

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-bob-dylans-brilliant-like-a-rolling-stone-video-20131120

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
How has Criminal Minds been lately? I haven't tuned in to that show all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Writer Cath posted:

How has Criminal Minds been lately? I haven't tuned in to that show all season.

I checked out of watching last season, when the savant kid whose name I've already forgotten had some internet lovey dovey with a stalker complex, that may or may not have turned out to be a legitimate stalking situation.

My roommate still watches it though, and says it's good.

• Locked thread