Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So my S4 got an android update yesterday morning, and it broke my Google wallet. Wallet's NFC touch and pay no longer works. No light. No error message. Nothing. Called sprint and Google and neither knew what I was talking about. Solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

TVs Ian posted:

I suspect the Galaxy S4 Mini has the same issue. The demo and the handful of phones we've sold refuse to connect to LTE. It'll blink on for a moment, then drop to 3G.

Though our demo G2 does get LTE, so maybe it's some other issue.

FYI S4GRU has been working to determine this issue and has a pretty good spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhjoCbLKCt72dHJKMTVrc3lrSE95cklOTnB0V0c0M1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

I guess I'm in an incumbent market. It looks like it's not many non-incumbent market.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Bananana posted:

So my S4 got an android update yesterday morning, and it broke my Google wallet. Wallet's NFC touch and pay no longer works. No light. No error message. Nothing. Called sprint and Google and neither knew what I was talking about. Solution?

Try resetting the app (I think it may be 'switch user' now) and see if you can set it up again. Alternatively see if someone else's account works on it. You don't have to set their account up with everything, you can just sign in from wallet. If you didn't change anything and aren't rooting/flashing then it's almost certainly an account issue. I had a similar tie-up where I had multiple devices listed on the website as waiting to wipe, which was loving up the whole thing. They cleared that stuff out and it was good as new.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Already reset the app. Already uninstalled and reinstalled. Already cleared data and cache. Already talked to Google tech support. Already called sprint and went to a sprint store.

No one understands that it's a problem with the app. It has to be. The app worked fine for months now, and then Saturday morning I get an OS update, and bam! The wallet app no longer seems to sense touch and pay stations.

I can still make online purchases with wallet.

It's the app. The app got broken by the OS update. There are a couple complaints recently in wallets review section on play too, so it's not isolated.

(Sorry, thinking about this now, maybe I should post this in the app thread?)

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
Aside from Bananana's wonky Google Wallet thing, how is the S4 update? My wife has been burned by Android system updates so often in the past that she's been pointedly ignoring this one since her phone started prompting for it. How is it? Does it bring anything especially worthwhile?

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
I have owned an LTE galaxy S3 on a SERO plan for more than a year now, but just in the last couple months I've been getting terrible reception. In places I've previously had max bars, I'm now getting as low as 1. And the weird thing is that the amount of bars is constantly changing. Within a single minute it can jump around anywhere between zero and 5 bars with me standing completely still. And I almost never see my bars completely full anymore.

This manifests during voice calls as choppy audio with constantly dropped syllables, followed by periods of brief clarity. And the choppiness doesn't even correlate sensically to how many bars I even have at that moment. It happens constantly with everyone I call.

Is this linked to the new tower rollout and upgrading or are my phone's antennas dying? Is there any way I can run a diagnostic?

Edit: what the Christ. The entire time I was writing this post I was hovering around 3 bars 4G. As soon as I hit post and the data arrows lit up, my bars shot down to zero for the duration of the transfer (you'd think the antenna would power up and get better not worse) and then I got unceremoniously kicked onto 3G, where my bars went back to 3. After about 45 seconds I'm back on 4G. And this isn't the first time I've noticed it kicking me back and forth between rates. Happens every time I try to use data at my mother's.

Edit 2: and while posting that edit, I was kicked onto 3G immediately and then given a big circle with a line through it where my bars should be and told I had no reception (not even roaming) and that the post failed. Seconds later after ceasing to use data, back to 4G. What good is 4G if it's only available when I'm not using it?

Xenin fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 19, 2013

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Xenin posted:

I have owned an LTE galaxy S3 on a SERO plan for more than a year now, but just in the last couple months I've been getting terrible reception. In places I've previously had max bars, I'm now getting as low as 1. And the weird thing is that the amount of bars is constantly changing. Within a single minute it can jump around anywhere between zero and 5 bars with me standing completely still. And I almost never see my bars completely full anymore.

This manifests during voice calls as choppy audio with constantly dropped syllables, followed by periods of brief clarity. And the choppiness doesn't even correlate sensically to how many bars I even have at that moment. It happens constantly with everyone I call.

Is this linked to the new tower rollout and upgrading or are my phone's antennas dying? Is there any way I can run a diagnostic?

Edit: what the Christ. The entire time I was writing this post I was hovering around 3 bars 4G. As soon as I hit post and the data arrows lit up, my bars shot down to zero for the duration of the transfer (you'd think the antenna would power up and get better not worse) and then I got unceremoniously kicked onto 3G, where my bars went back to 3. After about 45 seconds I'm back on 4G. And this isn't the first time I've noticed it kicking me back and forth between rates. Happens every time I try to use data at my mother's.

Edit 2: and while posting that edit, I was kicked onto 3G immediately and then given a big circle with a line through it where my bars should be and told I had no reception (not even roaming) and that the post failed. Seconds later after ceasing to use data, back to 4G. What good is 4G if it's only available when I'm not using it?

You've summed up why I'm ready to leave Sprint at the end of my SERO contract. Who gives a poo poo if it costs less if you can't use it?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Just wanna say I'm sick of sprint's poo poo and dropping my data connection constantly. Have to go into airplane mode to get my lovely 3g data signal back. Oh sometimes I get 4g but it usually stops working as soon as I want to use it. I'm going to get an unlocked GSM phone and swap sims until I find a service that works for the right price. I hear straight talk is good.

PS gently caress you sprint.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

r0ck0 posted:

Just wanna say I'm sick of sprint's poo poo and dropping my data connection constantly. Have to go into airplane mode to get my lovely 3g data signal back. Oh sometimes I get 4g but it usually stops working as soon as I want to use it. I'm going to get an unlocked GSM phone and swap sims until I find a service that works for the right price. I hear straight talk is good.

You'll probably find that straight talk meets all your goals.

My dad is dropping sprint the second he gets his nexus 5. He doesn't use more than 800 megs a month.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I was having a lot of connectivity issues before they finished work on various towers near me so it may be just that.

Recently I have been extremely happy not only with the 3G service in my area surprisingly, but the voice quality and reception have been pretty spot on. Heck the HD Voice has way less noise than the landlines at our house. Stupid boonie living :cripes:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

brc64 posted:

Aside from Bananana's wonky Google Wallet thing, how is the S4 update? My wife has been burned by Android system updates so often in the past that she's been pointedly ignoring this one since her phone started prompting for it. How is it? Does it bring anything especially worthwhile?

It installs a new bootloader that trips a warranty void flag if you root or flash any non-OTA update. Hold off on it until XDA finds a workaround.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
But everything was fine before this supposed upgrade rollout. Sure 3G only sucked but reception and voice quality were great. Glad to hear other people are experiencing similar issues. At least I know it's not my phone needing to be sent in for maintenance. I still hold out hope that this is all a product of these turbulent times, and some day I'll just have 4G as far as the eye can see.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

4G in areas that have it, has gotten pretty decent. However I still do not have 4G in my area and I have been through 2 "Bad reception" days or so at my place. I know work is being done, but that bloody 4G switch has yet to be flipped. :argh:

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

thelightguy posted:

It installs a new bootloader that trips a warranty void flag if you root or flash any non-OTA update. Hold off on it until XDA finds a workaround.
Here's something fun I figured out on my wife's S4 - if you download the full TAR (SamMobile has it) and install it using Mobile ODIN Pro, it will upgrade everything except the bootloader. She's now on the MJA ROM with MJA baseband and a KNOX-less bootloader.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Can I revert to a previous version?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

drat, I have no idea what's going on with my EVO LTE. Every so often, the light sensor, accelerometers, and magnetic sensors all go out and refuse to respond until I reboot. Thus, auto-brightness, phone-to-ear disabling the screen, rotate/landscape, and navigation all become useless. I used the old Tricorder app and GPS Status to verify that they literally don't get a readout on the OS. Sometimes my phone would also call people back if they were the ones who hung up and not me if I called through my headset. All this started happening maybe 2 weeks after the last OTA update back in early October I think (I applied the stock, rooted version of it instead of OTA)

Thinking it was a bizarre ROM issue, I tried swapping over to the beta build of CM 11 with Kitkat for the phone (with a full data/cache/dalvik wipe), and I'm seeing most or all of those issues pop up now and again. I'm guessing this is some sort of problem with my phone's hardware? I'd blame it on dropping the thing, but I can't explain the random sudden failure and restoration of features after reboot.

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.

r0ck0 posted:

I thought I was the only one who had to bounce in and out of airplane mode every hour. I turned on data roaming and that seems to help... So far..

bigpolar
Jun 19, 2003

thelightguy posted:

Does this mean that they won't fix hardware issues of you change the software? If so, what are the odds of someone suing them under magnussen-moss and having that removed?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

EventHorizon posted:

I thought I was the only one who had to bounce in and out of airplane mode every hour. I turned on data roaming and that seems to help... So far..

Used to have to do that with my 4S all the time. Hasn't been an issue at all in the last 2 months with my 5S.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...
So if I activate a nexus 5 on sprint, 1: do I get charged an activation fee? It's only important because I'm planning on jumping ship when my contract is up. Not worth 36 bucks for 2 weeks or less of service when I could test my intended carrier for that much or less, and just carry around my 4s.

and 2: would it affect my ability to use the phone elsewhere (or does this cdma-portion of activation actually rely on the SIM card)?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Tedronai66 posted:

So if I activate a nexus 5 on sprint, 1: do I get charged an activation fee? It's only important because I'm planning on jumping ship when my contract is up. Not worth 36 bucks for 2 weeks or less of service when I could test my intended carrier for that much or less, and just carry around my 4s.

and 2: would it affect my ability to use the phone elsewhere (or does this cdma-portion of activation actually rely on the SIM card)?

No act fee, and you will be able to use the phone elsewhere fine.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Bananana posted:

Already reset the app. Already uninstalled and reinstalled. Already cleared data and cache. Already talked to Google tech support. Already called sprint and went to a sprint store.

No one understands that it's a problem with the app. It has to be. The app worked fine for months now, and then Saturday morning I get an OS update, and bam! The wallet app no longer seems to sense touch and pay stations.

I can still make online purchases with wallet.

It's the app. The app got broken by the OS update. There are a couple complaints recently in wallets review section on play too, so it's not isolated.

(Sorry, thinking about this now, maybe I should post this in the app thread?)

This happened to me too, online purchases being OK and all, but with a different phone (Galaxy S, and a Galaxy Nexus). I had to keep hammering away at support before they unfucked things on the backend. I'm wondering if the update hosed things up in the same way for a bunch of people.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
My rooted, stock ROM, sprint galaxy nexus keeps trying to install the 4.3 update again. I already installed it and re-rooted. The second time it came up I installed it again thinking it was messed up or was a new update. Now I just think its loving stupid. Why is it trying to install the update again? Any ideas?

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
Jumping in on S4 Sprint chat. I'm running CM10.2 M1 release and I've been having all kinds of connectivity issues. My gf's S4 running rooted stock could have full reception and great data service while mine is at 2-3 bars 3G or half the LTE meter and much slower data, especially on 3G.

I haven't done the update to MJA yet, is it necessary at all if this is only going to be running CM? Does updating the baseband have any data improvements? Could it possibly fix the above data issue?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you are a college student, you can get 1 year of Sprint service for free through Best Buy; http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-phones/sprint-student-deal/pcmcat317600050015.c?id=pcmcat317600050015

The only issue with this deal is that you have to buy the phone unlocked, but it pays for itself in the long run because the monthly fees you would pay in that one year far outweigh what the phone actually costs.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
I am finally, after 20 years of loyalty, thinking of leaving Sprint. But, before I go I wanted to some goon opinions on the Windows Phones being offered through Sprint.

Back story: I currently have a Motorola Photon which I got almost 2 years ago and was my first smart phone. I did my research and at the time it was a good phone. Nowadays it just doesn't function...I can't even root or brick it out of spite. The phone is still on Android 2.5! They just won't update Android on this device!

Is it going to be worth sticking with Sprint if I get a new Windows phone? I have a 27% discount on 12 phones because I worked for State Farm which has a nice discount, and my family has a business so we just got all the employees and family phones on this plan since we are such long standing customers with Sprint (since pagers).

I'd love to stay with Sprint but can't figure out if it is going to be worth it long run to sign another 2 years. Does anyone have experience with the Windows phones RECENTLY to help persuade me to run one direction or the other?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't get a Windows phone. They have no app support.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OssiansFolly posted:

I am finally, after 20 years of loyalty, thinking of leaving Sprint. But, before I go I wanted to some goon opinions on the Windows Phones being offered through Sprint.

Back story: I currently have a Motorola Photon which I got almost 2 years ago and was my first smart phone. I did my research and at the time it was a good phone. Nowadays it just doesn't function...I can't even root or brick it out of spite. The phone is still on Android 2.5! They just won't update Android on this device!

Is it going to be worth sticking with Sprint if I get a new Windows phone? I have a 27% discount on 12 phones because I worked for State Farm which has a nice discount, and my family has a business so we just got all the employees and family phones on this plan since we are such long standing customers with Sprint (since pagers).

I'd love to stay with Sprint but can't figure out if it is going to be worth it long run to sign another 2 years. Does anyone have experience with the Windows phones RECENTLY to help persuade me to run one direction or the other?

There are no good windows phone options on Sprint. Windows phone in general is nice, is great for email, office, and has very good battery life, but I do recommend the iPhone over it every time because you get the same stuff with an iPhone plus significantly better app support. Android is also good, although a lot of people are not a big fan of android exchange support.

Its possible you will lose your discount as well, they are re verifying the discounts and if you don't work there you don't keep it. Are you on a business or personal plan, and secondly what is your monthly bill?

Also:

I said come in! posted:

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Duckman2008 posted:

There are no good windows phone options on Sprint. Windows phone in general is nice, is great for email, office, and has very good battery life, but I do recommend the iPhone over it every time because you get the same stuff with an iPhone plus significantly better app support. Android is also good, although a lot of people are not a big fan of android exchange support.

Its possible you will lose your discount as well, they are re verifying the discounts and if you don't work there you don't keep it. Are you on a business or personal plan, and secondly what is your monthly bill?

Also:

I can't even get my work's exchange to connect on my 4s, while people with android phones can (and of course winphone). I have no idea why, either. Granted, they aren't all sprint phones, but still.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I ordered the nexus 5 from the google play store last night. Says it will ship in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to ditch sprint! Any suggestion on a cheap pay as you go plan. Looking for 2gb high speed data and low mins and texts. Thinking of straight talk, any better plans?

I had a sprint galaxy nexus and never had a problem with the stock exchange app, always connected and sync'd just fine. That is when my poo poo data connection worked.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

r0ck0 posted:

I ordered the nexus 5 from the google play store last night. Says it will ship in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to ditch sprint! Any suggestion on a cheap pay as you go plan. Looking for 2gb high speed data and low mins and texts. Thinking of straight talk, any better plans?

I had a sprint galaxy nexus and never had a problem with the stock exchange app, always connected and sync'd just fine. That is when my poo poo data connection worked.

Try Straight Talk or Aio. They both use ATT, while ST can also use T-Mobile.

If you live in a major coastal city and really don't use many minutes or SMS (like next to none) you could try T-Mobile's really cheap plan. I am not up to snuff but you could ask the T-mo thread.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This is the Biased dribble that continues to plague the phone even though 99% of the apps one would use/require are either on Windows Phone now, or have a 3rd party equivalent that are as good if not better than the other offerings. (I still enjoy GPS nav on my WP7 device over my EVO LTE as it actually works, doesn't crash, and the way the phone handles Addresses (even poorly typed ones) is fantastic.

So if you have any specific apps you require, let us know and I can offer insight on if there is one on Windows Phone, or if there is a good substitute. Finding out what you require is better than just saying a phone is poo poo for no valid reason whatsoever.

However because this is Sprint. They only have 2 WP offerings and while the Samsung device is nearly a rebadged S3, the HTC 8XT is a step backward from the 8X on all the other carriers except for the boomsound which is actually really good on the device and a MicroSD slot. If you would like to try it you could always buy one for 14days and see how you like either one you choose just to get a taste.

Sadly the prime Windows Phone devices currently are Nokia which Sprint seems to completely have no interest in getting. That new 1520 is a huge sexy beast.

I was on WP7 for ever with my HTC Arrive, and while it continues to be a fantastic phone, I was hankering for some newer performance, bigger screen, and 4G (though I miss the keyboard) so I switched to my freely obtained EVO LTE. While I still dislike Android for many reasons, the latest update has made the phone reliable and usable enough to actually reach enjoyment. But I regularly get pissed of at stupid things android does that Windows Phone does so much better. (E-mail, Navigation, Multitasking, social integration, live tiles (hell even the app list letter to click on to quickly jump to the app you are looking for instead of having to swipe through the list) and many other little things. Sure it still is waiting for a notification center and its answer to Siri/Google Now, but they are coming and I hope Sprint pulls its head out of its rear end and picks up at least 1 Nokia device next year.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I love Windows Phone, and I can say that after suffering through using Windows Mobile, a complete disaster, by comparison.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

A small example is the newest Unofficial SnapChat app for WP8.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/6snap/82fa6341-28dc-4203-bd08-9749b167bc4b

Built by the same guy who brought Instagram unofficially to WP8 and was touted as even better then the official apps on other platforms.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

We are on a personal plan. We've had a guy that has helped us for YEARS and did a great job of getting us a nice personal plan for dirt cheap. For all our phones we pay $300 a month roughly. I still work in insurance, so I am sure one of the 17 companies I sell for has a discount even if it isn't as large as State Farm's was.

I don't like Apple, so anything Apple related is out of the question. I liked Android until I got stuck in a phone that is 4 OS updates behind. Not to mention the CONSTANT crashes and problems with apps/programs not functioning. I hate having to TURN OFF MY PHONE because I go to reply to a text and the on screen keyboard doesn't type, or going to make a call and the talk button just doesn't work. God forbid someone be DYING and I need to call 911 or for help..."Oh I see you are bleeding? Give me a minute to turn off my phone and take out the battery so I can call for an ambulance."

EdEddnEddy posted:

This is the Biased dribble that continues to plague the phone even though 99% of the apps one would use/require are either on Windows Phone now, or have a 3rd party equivalent that are as good if not better than the other offerings. (I still enjoy GPS nav on my WP7 device over my EVO LTE as it actually works, doesn't crash, and the way the phone handles Addresses (even poorly typed ones) is fantastic.

So if you have any specific apps you require, let us know and I can offer insight on if there is one on Windows Phone, or if there is a good substitute. Finding out what you require is better than just saying a phone is poo poo for no valid reason whatsoever.

However because this is Sprint. They only have 2 WP offerings and while the Samsung device is nearly a rebadged S3, the HTC 8XT is a step backward from the 8X on all the other carriers except for the boomsound which is actually really good on the device and a MicroSD slot. If you would like to try it you could always buy one for 14days and see how you like either one you choose just to get a taste.

Sadly the prime Windows Phone devices currently are Nokia which Sprint seems to completely have no interest in getting. That new 1520 is a huge sexy beast.

I was on WP7 for ever with my HTC Arrive, and while it continues to be a fantastic phone, I was hankering for some newer performance, bigger screen, and 4G (though I miss the keyboard) so I switched to my freely obtained EVO LTE. While I still dislike Android for many reasons, the latest update has made the phone reliable and usable enough to actually reach enjoyment. But I regularly get pissed of at stupid things android does that Windows Phone does so much better. (E-mail, Navigation, Multitasking, social integration, live tiles (hell even the app list letter to click on to quickly jump to the app you are looking for instead of having to swipe through the list) and many other little things. Sure it still is waiting for a notification center and its answer to Siri/Google Now, but they are coming and I hope Sprint pulls its head out of its rear end and picks up at least 1 Nokia device next year.

I don't really require many apps. I like my Twitter and maybe a game or 2 to pass some time. If iHeartradio works on my phone that would be GREAT, but since it doesn't work on my current phone it isn't like I'd be missing anything if not.

Really I would just like a phone with decent battery life, reception and can take nice pictures. I'm obviously not asking for a DSLR quality camera, but my friends and I are morons so getting some of the stupid things we do on film is kind of a nice thing. Would Sprint activate an unlocked Nokia?

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

OssiansFolly posted:

Really I would just like a phone with decent battery life, reception and can take nice pictures. I'm obviously not asking for a DSLR quality camera, but my friends and I are morons so getting some of the stupid things we do on film is kind of a nice thing. Would Sprint activate an unlocked Nokia?

No you cannot used unlocked phones on Sprint. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA and there isn't really a concept of unlocked phones on CDMA.

Don't get a windows phone on Sprint. On Sprint HTC One, G2, Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, Moto X and iPhone would be the sugested phones.

None will stray you wrong. They all (except the Nexus) have pretty great cameras, specifically the One and G2 both have OIS (little springs) that help if you move the device while taking pictures.

The Moto X and iPhone are small and have decent cameras. Best camera/battery life right now is arguably the LG G2. Best small Android is Moto X, and the iPhone is the iPhone.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Stick100 posted:

No you cannot used unlocked phones on Sprint. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA and there isn't really a concept of unlocked phones on CDMA.

Don't get a windows phone on Sprint. On Sprint HTC One, G2, Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, Moto X and iPhone would be the sugested phones.

None will stray you wrong. They all (except the Nexus) have pretty great cameras, specifically the One and G2 both have OIS (little springs) that help if you move the device while taking pictures.

The Moto X and iPhone are small and have decent cameras. Best camera/battery life right now is arguably the LG G2. Best small Android is Moto X, and the iPhone is the iPhone.

But I don't want a repeat of this last time...its BS that I am stuck on 2.X with Android and the rest of the phones get updated regularly. I know its a combination of not receiving Android and Motorola updates regularly that led me to this crappy position I am in now.

I will research the HTC One then and see what I can find...by the time I get to upgrade in March this will all change anyways...

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OssiansFolly posted:

But I don't want a repeat of this last time...its BS that I am stuck on 2.X with Android and the rest of the phones get updated regularly. I know its a combination of not receiving Android and Motorola updates regularly that led me to this crappy position I am in now.

I will research the HTC One then and see what I can find...by the time I get to upgrade in March this will all change anyways...

If you aren't upgrading until March everything is a moot point.

I'll go on a limb and say I have a hard time believing you have 12 phones for $300 a month or how you that is figured out. Even the older Sprint plans don't hit that. I would be curious as to how you have a plan like that and how it shows.

As a comparison, a shared ATT plan is $500 give or take.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Today I have been reminded of how much I hate my local corporate store.

My Nexus 5 arrives, I go in to pick up a microSIM, they claim to have never gotten any. I should point out that this is probably the only corporate store with a repair center in about 50 miles. I call up support, they say that it doesn't make any sense but they'll try to get a hold of them and see what can be done.

Eventually I get back to the store. They try to charge me 50 bucks, I call support again, and before I even finish describing the problem the guy comes out of the back and hands me the microSIM. I get home, try to activate, and I find out I was given the wrong SIM.

So now I have to wait for however the gently caress long the international department has them back ordered. July 23rd can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Stick100 posted:

I guess there's an exception to be made to the whole "no unlocked phones" rule now with the Nexus 5, right?